Hello There, Guest!

22-06-2011, 11:39 AM | Post: #1
Offline GGC.Supporter 

Hello Battlefield P4F server admins/owners.

Today I would like to introduce you to an anti-cheat service. Some guys already know it from EASY's first Free2Play Shooter Battlefield Heroes and many other PB supported games such as:
  • Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Battlefield 2142.
  • Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty United Offensive, Call of Duty World at War.
  • America's Army 2, America's Army 3.
    and the list goes on...

I am talking about GGC. For Battlefield Play4Free this portal is designed to identify, and ban cheaters on all servers that stream to GGC.

So let's start off with a simple question.

Should someone who cheats one time be banned forever?

If you agree with this question, you should continue reading ...

So besides the use of Punkbuster from Evenbalance, you are also able to protect your server with additional anti-cheat streams.

What is GGC-Stream and how does it work?

GGC is a 100% free anti-cheat streaming service for online games that use Punkbuster by Evenbalance. This service is about identifying cheaters and banning them from all servers which stream to GGC. The website supports the German and English language! (can be changed near the top right of the website)

So, why would you need an additional streaming service on your server besides the use of Punkbuster? The answer is quite easy. Punkbuster kicks cheaters only, but GGC will enforce a ban on them for life (unless successfully appealed). So "Punkbuster Only" will give cheaters a second chance, "Punkbuster & GGC" will ban them after the first time of cheat detection. NO cheater should get a second chance!

So if someone cheats on GGC streaming server and is detected by Punkbuster or any additional checks, the GUID of this cheater will be added to GGC banlist. From this time on the player is banned from every server which also streams to GGC. The banlist is btw, stored by GGC and not on every single server. So there is no chance of lagging issues caused by the stream. But wait, there are more ways to detect and ban cheaters.

MD5 Check
Any streaming serveradmin has the option of using the PB MD5Tool. This Tool checks the digital signatures of files and/or portions of files in each player's game directory and child subdirectories during gameplay. Known cheat files can be detected, which punkbuster doesn't detect by default. An additional way to identify cheaters. If you need more information about this tool, then check out this page.

PBSS
You are also able to report cheaters by dirty Punkbuster Screenshots. To be sure that these PBSS aren't faked, GGC will only accept PBSS from servers which stream to GGC at the same time the Screenshots were created.

Below is the recommended PBSS server settings:

Code:
PB_SV_AutoSs 1
PB_SV_SsFloor 1
PB_SV_SsCeiling 1000
PB_SV_SsCmd ""
PB_SV_SsWidth 800
PB_SV_SsHeight 408
PB_SV_SsXpct 50
PB_SV_SsYpct 1
PB_SV_SsSrate 2
PB_SV_SsDelay 60
PB_SV_AutoSsFrom 60
PB_SV_AutoSsTo 500

Server registration & configuration

If you want to stream your server to this great anti-cheat network, you only need to register your server at GGC-Stream.net and make some minor changes in your punkbuster files. Some Server providers offer in their webinterface an automated setup to help you set up your stream, but the following described way should work at all providers!

And don't worry, GGC doesn't get any access to your server!
Follow these easy steps:

1. Creat your account at GGC

2. Register your server at GGC

• With your new account you are able to register your server. Do it by clicking on "Register Server".
  • Choose the game, a server name and IP/Port of your server. Note: You need to enter the default port and not your admin or rcon port.
  • Settings:
    • Show server public → Your server is viewable at the Gamebrowser of GGC Website.
    • MD5 Check → Enables the MD5Tool checks on your server
    • Show advertisements → GGC will send a chat message to the server stating "Server is cheat protected by GGC-Stream.net" in the time interval you set.
    • Show banned cheaters → GGC will send a chat message to your server showing bans - live as they are caught, in the game your server are running.
    • Autoupdate Anticheat → GGC will auto update your PB
    • Complete server registration by clicking on the "Send" Button.

3. Configure your own server
  • Log in to the webinterface of your server and go to the punkbuster section in the administration area and search the file "pbsv.cfg".
  • At the "pbsv.cfg" file you have to add the following 4 lines at the end and save it.

Code:
    pb_sv_usessionlimit 9
    pb_sv_ucontimeout 300
    pb_sv_uconmaxsendrate 16
    pb_sv_uconadd 1 85.114.136.131 ggc_85.114.136.131 bfp4f
    pb_sv_uconadd 1 85.114.136.132 ggc_85.114.136.132 bfp4f
    pb_sv_uconignoreempty

• Create a new file in the same directory where you found the pbsv.cfg file. Name this new file "pbucon.use" and add the following line:

Code:
    http://www.ggc-stream.net

• Restart punkbuster by restarting your server. Stream should start after 2 minutes of restarting server.

Muliplay Users

Download the two files that are linked via RIC0Hs dropbox

pbsvuser.cfg and pbuser.con
    To download, right click and select 'Save Link As'.

Now you will need to upload these two files to ClanForge

Go to 'Manage' >> 'Edit Profile'' >> 'Configs' >> 'Upload File'

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=5fa0b39fb96937...bc18b2a354]

Make sure you upload both files and then restart your game server for the changes to take effect.

LeetServers Users

Download the two files that are linked via RIC0Hs dropbox

pbsvuser.cfg and pbuser.con
    To download, right click and select 'Save Link As'.

Now you will need to upload these two files to your Leet Panel

Go to 'Game Servers' >> 'File Manager'' >> 'Upload'

[Image: LeetServers1.PNG]

Make sure you upload both files and then restart your game server for the changes to take effect.

Note: If your server provider doesn't give you access to the punkbuster files, you are still able to stream by asking the support to create or edit files.
    Note#2: BF Heroes & BF Play4Free does not support the GGC Server Setup.

If you have any issues when trying to get your server to stream, then please feel free take a look at the GGC Forum or write a General Support ticket.

4. Check out if all works fine

So if you do all right your server should start stream after 2 minutes of restarting server (punkbuster). Have a look to the upper left corner of the ggc website. There you should see a green circle light. One for any of your servers.

• [Image: button_green.png]
    = stream is enabled and all works fine
  • [Image: button_orange.png]
    = stream is enabled but your punkbuster server version is not up to date
  • [Image: button_blue.png]
  • [Image: button_red.png]

There are the following reasons why your server doesn't stream [Image: button_red.png]

• You did something wrong either with your server registration or configuration (ip, port)
  • Punkbuster is not active on your server
  • Your server is either not online or it is currently restarting

PF4CC - GGC Integration

Some ppl also know it from Battlefield Heroes, but let me explain it for all.
The big disadvantage of Battlefield Play4Free in catching cheaters is that every soldier has its own unique GUID. So if someone has 4 classes, they would have 4 soldiers with 4 different GUIDs. But GGC will only ban the single GUID or soldier and not the whole account. But the dev of P4FCC found a nice solution to ban every soldier on the account if only one soldier is recognized as a cheater by GGC.

What you need to do?

- Your server must stream to GGC-Stream.
- You have to use P4FCC on your server (only active when tool is active).
- You have to activate the "GGC Integration" Module.

More Information: P4FCC + GGC

HOW TO's

Write Ban Appeal

If you were banned by GGC, but you or any other on your computer have never downloaded or used cheats?
Then you can prove your innocence by writing a Ban Appeal.

Attention:
  • Punkbuster can detect cheats if you download them without using, in this case there is no chance to revoke your ban.
  • If your friend or any other person use your account to cheat, there is no chance to revoke your ban. You are responsibile to hold your log-in details safe! Same if you bought a reported account!
  • Write a ban appeal only when you are banned by GGC and not if you are banned by Evenbalance (Global Ban) or EA.

So you can write your ban appeal in english or german. Choose your language, the right game and a clear subject. Enter your GUID or if you dont know your GUID, leave the textfield free and add the name of your soldier in your appeal. Please ignore the "ESL-ID" field and "External Check" checkbox. Now describe your situation and send in you appeal.

If you are about to appeal a ban, then please read the following thread at GGC first: Warning! NEVER download or test cheats!

Please note that if you are Globally Banned, then please contact EvenBalance Support.

Get your own GUID (Globally Unique IDentifier)

To find your own Punkbsuter GUID you only need to check your Punkbuster log-file on your computer. Please note that every soldier has its own unique GUID.
  • Open the "pbcl.log" file at one of the following paths:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free\pb (Windows 2000/XP)
    • C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb (Windows 7)
  • In the right file you should find the punkbuster log (every line starts with a time code).
  • Enter a BF Play4Free Server where Punkbuster is active, reopen the log file and have a look to the last entries in your punkbuster log.
  • [05.29.2011 09:54:11] PB Server assigned guid = 01010101010101010101010101010101
  • Your GUID is the 32 digits number!

Submit PBSS

First of all, you have to know one important fact. GGC will only accept PBSS which are created on a streaming server.
  • Click the Submit PBSS button to open a ticket.
  • Upload up to 5 PBSS in your ticket and write a short comment.
  • Attention: Videos (e.g. Youtube) of cheating players will not accepted by GGC as evidence.

Submit a hack/cheat file

If you wish to submit a hack/cheat file, then you can email EvenBalance (the creators of PunkBuster) at research@evenbalance.com and they will process it.

(This post was last modified: 16-11-2011 06:40 PM by GGC.Supporter.)
22-06-2011, 11:43 AM | Post: #2
Offline [AUS]WhiteDeath 
That was flippin FAST.
22-06-2011, 11:48 AM | Post: #3
Offline Naade 
You know I'm always down for banning the clowns!

[Image: cyko.jpg]
22-06-2011, 12:03 PM | Post: #4
Offline fr4ser 
Good to see GGC here, lets get seriously™ on sorting out the good from the bad and the downright ugly.

My clan have been streaming PPbans and GGC and although they are not perfect - punks certainly stopped coming in our servers as much Big Grin

[Image: sig.jpg]
I AM A COMMUNITY MODERATOR NOT AN OFFICIAL EA REPRESENTATIVE
22-06-2011, 12:53 PM | Post: #5
Offline schuffletimer 
but that is the example for me is when I play because the server lost connection or other? why hear in the midst of playing with me?

I do not know why I've already looked at whether there is a problem my computer but no, there's something rotten in the game!

why do not you give us as players the opportunity to download a free version that's not the connection to the server or just lost their battlefield includes 4 free play for ne-time control until you have everything!
22-06-2011, 12:58 PM | Post: #6
Offline Air72 
(22-06-2011 12:53 PM)schuffletimer Wrote:  but that is the example for me is when I play because the server lost connection or other? why hear in the midst of playing with me?

I do not know why I've already looked at whether there is a problem my computer but no, there's something rotten in the game!

why do not you give us as players the opportunity to download a free version that's not the connection to the server or just lost their battlefield includes 4 free play for ne-time control until you have everything!

Anyone else lost on this guy's post?

Anyway aside from him...YAY!!!! Now I can start bookmarking GGC servers as soon as I see some come online Big Grin

22-06-2011, 01:10 PM | Post: #7
Offline -=OG=-Vercetti 
GGC and PBBans ftw!

U-238 Wrote:..when I participated in the EVGA Jeep Battles and I first heard MassiveImpulsa's voice I thought he was a girl......
22-06-2011, 01:59 PM | Post: #8
Offline TheRecon 
(22-06-2011 12:58 PM)Air72 Wrote:  Now I can start bookmarking GGC servers as soon as I see some come online Big Grin

Hell yeah!
I'm really looking forward it because this is REAL awesomeness!!

Cool

22-06-2011, 05:38 PM | Post: #9
Offline Harzach 
So pleased to see you guys on top of this!

[Image: harzachatar-2-2.gif]
22-06-2011, 05:43 PM | Post: #10
Offline bodyharvest 
i'll recommend this for my clanserver, thx

[Image: crux.png]

aka redharvest
22-06-2011, 06:27 PM | Post: #11
Offline Jack.Sparrow 
first caught cheater should get 1 Dollar to buy a big mac ... only a joke Big Grin

Jack.Sparrow | Terence.Hill | Daniel.Jackson | Danny.Ocean
Engineer [20] | Assault [20] | Medic [20] | Recon [20]
(This post was last modified: 22-06-2011 06:29 PM by Jack.Sparrow.)
23-06-2011, 11:50 AM | Post: #12
Offline GGC.Supporter 
First Play4Free Server sreams to GGC, waiting for the lucky first one caught cheater Smile

Gogo lets start the fight Smile

23-06-2011, 12:00 PM | Post: #13
Offline Tass 
streaming on 4netplayers servers is work in progress

[Image: banner.p4f.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2011 12:01 PM by Tass.)
23-06-2011, 12:40 PM | Post: #14
Offline -=OG=-Vercetti 
(23-06-2011 11:50 AM)GGC.Supporter Wrote:  First Play4Free Server sreams to GGC, waiting for the lucky first one caught cheater Smile

Yup, it was OG 2 Smile

U-238 Wrote:..when I participated in the EVGA Jeep Battles and I first heard MassiveImpulsa's voice I thought he was a girl......
23-06-2011, 02:29 PM | Post: #15
Offline Freakzter06 
The ban hammer is ready!

(This post was last modified: 23-06-2011 02:37 PM by Freakzter06.)
23-06-2011, 02:45 PM | Post: #16
Offline Jack.Sparrow 
(23-06-2011 12:40 PM)-=OG=-Vercetti Wrote:  
(23-06-2011 11:50 AM)GGC.Supporter Wrote:  First Play4Free Server sreams to GGC, waiting for the lucky first one caught cheater Smile

Yup, it was OG 2 Smile

no sry 2 secs to late

-=CT=- 24/7 Oman was first ^^

23-06-2011, 03:28 PM | Post: #17
Offline -=OG=-Vercetti 
(23-06-2011 02:45 PM)Jack.Sparrow Wrote:  
(23-06-2011 12:40 PM)-=OG=-Vercetti Wrote:  

Yup, it was OG 2 Smile

no sry 2 secs to late

-=CT=- 24/7 Oman was first ^^

Sad Then the page didn't refresh fast enough. Ah well, who cares actually Smile

Both OG servers are now streaming, let's get the basterds!

23-06-2011, 03:51 PM | Post: #18
Offline Jack.Sparrow 
First caught cheater, haha i am so happy Big Grin

Now i will no more spam this thread Smile

But wait, lets try to find first dirty PBSS Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 23-06-2011 03:52 PM by Jack.Sparrow.)
23-06-2011, 03:58 PM | Post: #19
Offline ShadowHart 
will there be a master list on these servers to book mark?
23-06-2011, 04:01 PM | Post: #20
Offline Jack.Sparrow 
(23-06-2011 03:58 PM)ShadowHart Wrote:  will there be a master list on these servers to book mark?

You can bookmark server there ...
http://www.ggc-stream.net/misc/gamebrowser/overview/36
but only if server admins enter their bookmark link (special icon at right) ... wait some moths till serverbrowser comes or try to find servers at this board section where guys note that they stream to ggc, but atm it is to early ... give them some days and u will easily find streaming servers