Hello There, Guest!

05-06-2011, 12:02 PM | Post: #1
Offline kelleroid 
Everybody hates when your vehicles are stolen from you by your stupid team"mates".
Especially when you're an engineer. Especially when it's done by a recon who then proceeds to dump it in the enemy base.

What I propose is a vehicle lock that doesn't let your team get into the driver seat.
Only for MBTs and APCs.

If you have bailed out from a driver seat then the vehicle gets a lock on that driver seat for 10-15 seconds. You cannot switch to the seat with F1 nor you can enter it from outside.

The only person who can get into the vehicle in this period is the one who actually put a lock or an enemy (if the vehicle becomes unmanned). You can repair your tanks that have 5 points dumped into them without danger of them being stolen by your dumb team!

This is also a reason why vehicles are so rarely repaired by someone but their driver. Noone trusts anyone.

05-06-2011, 12:36 PM | Post: #2
Offline Mainfold 
someone could then just do that to every vehicle and dump it in enemy base, tadaaaa no vehicles for your team.

wont work, but locking the vehicle while being repaired by the person who drove it last, is something that might work.

[Image: Bgz6Y.png]
05-06-2011, 01:10 PM | Post: #3
Offline kelleroid 
(05-06-2011 12:36 PM)Mainfold Wrote:  someone could then just do that to every vehicle and dump it in enemy base, tadaaaa no vehicles for your team.
They can do the same even right now.

It is not permanent. If a griefer just jumps in and out of a tank in the base, well... that's a problem...
It could be solved in three ways:
1. If you have points in respective skill sets (armor/coax weapon) then you can bypass locks that were put on by someone without them.
2. Only engineers can do that (no other class can repair vehicles).
3. If you didn't drive that vehicle (for like 10 meters or so) then you can't put a lock on it.

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2011 01:15 PM by kelleroid.)
05-06-2011, 01:18 PM | Post: #4
Offline Funlinkz 
hang on can i get an immobiliser and alarm fitted as well to stop my team from stealing if i park it and then come back to it 3 or 4 mins later it still there Tongue

Thank you and Good Night

If I kill you stop crying hacker learn to play and STFU

[Image: 360_funlinkz.png]
05-06-2011, 01:24 PM | Post: #5
Offline kan3.b 
+1 it only gets locked when you are repairing it.
05-06-2011, 01:34 PM | Post: #6
Offline Snowcover 
We need police too! Who is going to find your vehicle after it has been stolen?
Police class would be like civilians that can only kill criminals (who stole your vehicle) and can only be killed by them (regardless of their side in the battle) Oh, and they would have all mighty rock of doom as default weapon. All of the other weapons can be purchased in stores.
05-06-2011, 01:50 PM | Post: #7
Offline kelleroid 
(05-06-2011 01:34 PM)Snowcover Wrote:  We need police too! Who is going to find your vehicle after it has been stolen?
Police class would be like civilians that can only kill criminals (who stole your vehicle) and can only be killed by them (regardless of their side in the battle) Oh, and they would have all mighty rock of doom as default weapon. All of the other weapons can be purchased in stores.
(05-06-2011 01:18 PM)Funlinkz Wrote:  hang on can i get an immobiliser and alarm fitted as well to stop my team from stealing if i park it and then come back to it 3 or 4 mins later it still there Tongue
Please, no sarcasm here.

This is a real suggestion.
Besides, how are you gonna name teammates taking away your vehicle? "Renting"? Or maybe "Forcefully taking a gift"?

05-06-2011, 01:51 PM | Post: #8
Offline Funlinkz 
(05-06-2011 01:34 PM)Snowcover Wrote:  We need police too! Who is going to find your vehicle after it has been stolen?

+1 then we need police cars to chase the stolen vehicle down the mean streets of Karkand and swat teams to protect the officers if they come under fire in a rough area of the neighborhood Tongue

Thank you and Good Night

If I kill you stop crying hacker learn to play and STFU

[Image: 360_funlinkz.png]
05-06-2011, 06:42 PM | Post: #9
Offline Snowcover 
+1 then we need police cars to chase the stolen vehicle down the mean streets of Karkand and swat teams to protect the officers if they come under fire in a rough area of the neighborhood Tongue
[/quote]

Yeah! That way EAsy could actually add new awesome content to the game! It would be awesome.
06-06-2011, 08:48 AM | Post: #10
Offline RoadRunner. 
(05-06-2011 01:51 PM)Funlinkz Wrote:  

hahaha nearly spitted out my morning coffee from laughing. Nice one.

Ontopic: No, we were all noobs once. Everyone deserves the right to be cursed at for "stealing"(Undecided) a vehicle!

I have quit P4F and moved on to other shooters.
This signature was a work in progress. This has been collected over a period of 5 days.

[Image: MkLzN0e.png]
06-06-2011, 02:40 PM | Post: #11
Offline kelleroid 
(06-06-2011 08:48 AM)error.exe Wrote:  Everyone deserves the right to be cursed at for "stealing"(Undecided) a vehicle!
A way to fix that: training map/course like in BFH.

With moving targets or so.

06-06-2011, 07:36 PM | Post: #12
Offline Cricket_Eater 
I always put a boot on my APC before I jump out to repair it.
06-06-2011, 09:05 PM | Post: #13
Offline ajmal 
nice but how bout a tier do to that
06-06-2011, 10:35 PM | Post: #14
Offline AHumbleGentleman 
When I play with a friend I ask them to take the driver seat of my APC because often I need to repair it in the field and he can't defend me if he's using a tiny machine gun.

Possibly a lock on using enemy vehicles but no to friendly ones, especially as an exclusive skill.

(29-04-2011 10:46 PM)Regasus Wrote:  - What do you call a guy who makes jokes about women?
- Single.

(01-05-2011 02:29 AM)Bond4141 Wrote:  this is a real suggestion, i don't spam
07-06-2011, 01:07 AM | Post: #15
Offline aRkLeY 
Hmm, something like ten seconds, only when you're repairing it, and you can't move more than five meters away before it unlocks. You get 3 seconds to start repairing, and if you die, than the lock is removed.

Also, enemies can of course jump in at any time.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2011 01:07 AM by aRkLeY.)
07-06-2011, 05:08 AM | Post: #16
Offline ZenosyX 
(05-06-2011 12:02 PM)kelleroid Wrote:  Everybody hates when your vehicles are stolen from you by your stupid team"mates".
Especially when you're an engineer. Especially when it's done by a recon who then proceeds to dump it in the enemy base.

What I propose is a vehicle lock that doesn't let your team get into the driver seat.
Only for MBTs and APCs.

If you have bailed out from a driver seat then the vehicle gets a lock on that driver seat for 10-15 seconds. You cannot switch to the seat with F1 nor you can enter it from outside.

The only person who can get into the vehicle in this period is the one who actually put a lock or an enemy (if the vehicle becomes unmanned). You can repair your tanks that have 5 points dumped into them without danger of them being stolen by your dumb team!

This is also a reason why vehicles are so rarely repaired by someone but their driver. Noone trusts anyone.

first off, an engineer is supposed to help repairing and supporting a vehicle. where does it say that the driver of a vehicle HAVE to be an engineer? they don't need to DRIVE the vehicle, they just need to be AROUND it. if you want to do repairs then don't claim the driver seat! let someone else use it to cover your ass while repairing... otherwise, let someone else repair.

TEAMWORK
You're doing it wrong!

ENGINEER
you're doing it wrong!

edit: lol, forgot the main point I was going to bring up...

yeah, so teamwork. do I need to say more? also, if you really want to drive it that bad then stay inside of it. there's no need to jump out unless you're an engineer and/or if you're leaving it.

25 - Zen0syX - Assault
25 - Zling - Engineer
25 - ZenosyX - Medic
25 - Zeater - Recon (This post was last modified: 07-06-2011 05:12 AM by ZenosyX.)
07-06-2011, 06:27 PM | Post: #17
Offline kelleroid 
(06-06-2011 10:35 PM)AHumbleGentleman Wrote:  When I play with a friend
Friend. Not a random passerby you can't trust.

(07-06-2011 05:08 AM)ZenosyX Wrote:  they don't need to DRIVE the vehicle, they just need to be AROUND it. if you want to do repairs then don't claim the driver seat! let someone else use it to cover your backside while repairing... otherwise, let someone else repair.
1. Most people don't even notice they're being repaired, and just drive away. You want us engies to risk our lives to run out in the open where we could be easily sniped/exploded? And don't tell "they must cover you then", do they do that? Most of the time they don't, and they like to ride right past you when hurt, leaving you alone, facing against enemies with a repair tool...
2. Also, what's with this "someone else" trend? YOU do everything, do not expect "someone else" to do it for you. Sadly, that's actually the reason behind this.

Lastly, engineers are the only class who can repair and maintain vehicles when everyone else on their attack group has been killed or they manage to steal a valuable asset from enemies. That's why they drive, you can't rely on others to do something for you: "when you want something done best, you do it". Engineers drive away from the action repairing in peace.

Now some rare gems on the battlefield, are drivers (no matter the class) that actually listen and find engineers themselves instead of calling "FIX MAH BURFA TANK" out in the open.
I managed to find a good APC driver that was starting to drive off to safety but reversed as soon as I fired a burst into him. I fixed him to full and he didn't have to leave the action.

07-06-2011, 08:38 PM | Post: #18
Offline ZenosyX 
(07-06-2011 06:27 PM)kelleroid Wrote:  
(06-06-2011 10:35 PM)AHumbleGentleman Wrote:  When I play with a friend
Friend. Not a random passerby you can't trust.

(07-06-2011 05:08 AM)ZenosyX Wrote:  they don't need to DRIVE the vehicle, they just need to be AROUND it. if you want to do repairs then don't claim the driver seat! let someone else use it to cover your backside while repairing... otherwise, let someone else repair.
1. Most people don't even notice they're being repaired, and just drive away. You want us engies to risk our lives to run out in the open where we could be easily sniped/exploded? And don't tell "they must cover you then", do they do that? Most of the time they don't, and they like to ride right past you when hurt, leaving you alone, facing against enemies with a repair tool...
2. Also, what's with this "someone else" trend? YOU do everything, do not expect "someone else" to do it for you. Sadly, that's actually the reason behind this.

Lastly, engineers are the only class who can repair and maintain vehicles when everyone else on their attack group has been killed or they manage to steal a valuable asset from enemies. That's why they drive, you can't rely on others to do something for you: "when you want something done best, you do it". Engineers drive away from the action repairing in peace.

Now some rare gems on the battlefield, are drivers (no matter the class) that actually listen and find engineers themselves instead of calling "FIX MAH BURFA TANK" out in the open.
I managed to find a good APC driver that was starting to drive off to safety but reversed as soon as I fired a burst into him. I fixed him to full and he didn't have to leave the action.

wow, just... wow.

I can honestly say that when I read this I wasn't sure what to think. are we really playing the same game? have you ever played with friends or just random people that know what they're doing? hell, they don't even need to know what they're doing, have you ever played with anyone using teamwork?

sure, I agreed that you sometimes see someone making a awesome move and get you killed by it. although, if you see someone do that you can either tell him or ignore to help that dude later. you can read people's names and if you see a random preteen who can't play (which you know from your own experience, as mentioned) then simply let someone else help him if they want to. either way, it's way more common with people trying to help than those that are just in the way.

the whole "let someone else do it"-trend is because hey, you know what? this is a game that utilize TEAMWORK. you may want too google it, since you obviously don't know what it is. oh, and by the sound of what you say you should probably try to use it yourself as well and maybe someone will help you back as thanks.
a lot of people remember who help them, and most of those WILL help you back if they can later. I believe that's what people call karma? either way, you should try it instead of being a lonewolf crying about how people "steal" your vehicles when you say yourself that you're not helping them, only yourself. lol.

are we still ontopic? because I randomly had a feeling that I try to explain the obvious for a 5 year old learning how the world work.

in this game teamwork is important even if it's only used subconciously. but by helping others you are helping yourself. what goes around comes around. everything I say here is based on ingame events and people playing this game, not just friends but every single random person I've played with as well.

25 - Zen0syX - Assault
25 - Zling - Engineer
25 - ZenosyX - Medic
25 - Zeater - Recon
07-06-2011, 08:44 PM | Post: #19
Offline ZenosyX 
ah, I forgot to mention a way to easily get more teamwork going between drivers and engineers when it come to repairing;

example: you see a tank drive by, you're not in a vehicle yourself. if you then use the "need repairs"-command then some people will realize that you mean the ones already driving. it will show where you are for them so they can meet up with you instead of staying in the open.

another example: someone ask for repairs, answer "roger that" and they will see where you are so they can find you easier. instead of trying to drive around until they see someone with a weapon or gadget used by an engineer...

something else I've come to appreaciate myself is that the driver say "roger that" when the repair is done, since the "repair vehicle +10" tend to pop up a bit longer than needed. when he say that I can move on to my next priority.

small things like this can be seen as the "body language ingame", and can be used by everyone. people that are moving in certain ways can show other what they want without typing.

25 - Zen0syX - Assault
25 - Zling - Engineer
25 - ZenosyX - Medic
25 - Zeater - Recon
07-06-2011, 11:00 PM | Post: #20
Offline Snarfemup 
"Stay in your vehicle sir! Keep your hands where I can see them. We have a report of a medic matching your description stealing a HUMV...."

FAIL