Hello There, Guest!

31-05-2011, 09:53 AM | Post: #1
Offline Strongfield 
Hey all,

I, a sub-noob lvl 12 Main Medic, have absolutely NO IDEA how to make my Sniper soldier any better. This one's only rank 6, if I'm not wrong. I have seen other tutorials on what to get, but none seem to be specific for my personality.

As a medic, I just run, gun and heal. I found that as a SNiper, I seem to carry that on. End result, I get K/D 4/11 Sad

Should I take an SVD? Buy a M95 or SVU? Or is M24 still the best? Or should I just stick with SV-98. Because I use the SV-98, I get good hits but epic slow firing.... Help this n00b choose...

TEACHER:George Washington not only chopped down his father's cherry tree, but also admitted it. Now, Louis, do you know why his father didn't punish him?

LOUIS:Because George still had the axe in his hand.
31-05-2011, 10:20 AM | Post: #2
Offline SniperKingCK9999 
I enjoy using the M24 but i do use them all the rifle is down to you what you find the easiest to use. When in the battlefield try not to keep to close to your team but don't fall behind to much otherwise someone will get you from behind try not to go to little inclosed areas as for you wont stand a chance against a machine gun keep you distant from corners take them wide the list goes on. Also what is your keyboard layout and sensitivity Smile

I personally enjoy CQ(Close Quarters) Sniping but feel free to add me and follow my routes SniperKingCK9999 Smile

[Image: bf3fan3.png]

Ultimate Sniper Movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoDrXflDaXc

Join The Battlefield Play4Free Group:
http://www.xfire.com/communities/battlefieldplay4free
31-05-2011, 05:45 PM | Post: #3
Offline [iKill] 
If you want to reach the max Lvl with your Sniper, too, and if you completly suck at sniping, especially in BfP4F, then just pick up a shotty and rush with your sniper. Its fair enough ^^

[Image: ikillweptest.png]

A BIG Thanks to Healin for this great Header! To see the Thread, press the Image!
31-05-2011, 05:57 PM | Post: #4
Offline Fixit 
The M24=Fast bolt action, major bullet drop(but is easy to get used to), enough damage to 2-3 hit kill(depending on range, but most of the time, 2 shot kill)
The M95=High damage, low bullet drop, slow(er than that M24) bolt action
The SVU=Low damage, fully auto, recoil is hard to control in long range, but is an epic gun if you get used to it
The SVD=3-5 shots to kill, semi auto
The M14=4 shot kill sniper rifle with 16 shots, hard to aim, no bullet drop, no bullet trail, semi auto
The SV98=inconsistent bullet drop, not enough ammo, 3 shot kill, bolt action.

It's really up to the user to decide what's best. The best all-around weapon(in my opinion) is the M95.

[Image: loading.gif]

(This post was last modified: 31-05-2011 05:59 PM by Fixit.)
31-05-2011, 08:14 PM | Post: #5
Offline 00ard00 
m95+elite m1911 ftw! Tongue
but if that's too expensive, I would buy the vet/elite m24 + vet m1911 Wink

[Image: sigverkleind.jpg]
Made by Fenderalac
31-05-2011, 08:25 PM | Post: #6
Offline gimemoore 
If you tend to be more of a "run and gun" player, than don't change your style - just go with it.

I am a bit more of a "run and gun" sniper than a camper. On the few occasions that I do camp, it's usually within spitting distance of a flag with a lot of action on it, bobbing my head out quickly to shoot now and then, and spotting and throwing motion sensors like crazy. So, with that said, here's my take on the weapons...

I tried out the SVU and the Enhanced scope M95 with the free codes. As for the M95, I found myself turning into more of a camper to really use it well, and that doesn't really "fit" me. It's a great rifle for camping far away from the action and picking off people, but if that's what you're looking for, you may as well go play "Urban Sniper" on any flash game site, as that mindset does nothing to help your teammates.

Then I tried the SVU. I made a statement earlier on these forums that I was against any full auto sniper rifles. But, I have to say, this rifle rocks! I take back everything I said about not having full auto sniper rifles, as the SVU is balanced perfectly for this game.

The range is no where near the other sniper rifles, but it was perfect for my style of play. Unlike the M95, the scope on the SVU is great for quick-scoping close to medium range targets. It is better than any other rifles available to the Recon that I tried for close to medium distances.

For long distances, the full auto is more of a hindrance than a help, especially with the recoil. Holding the fire button down and trying to keep a bead on your target will do nothing but frustrate you. However, if you tap the fire button and do quick, short bursts, you can avoid a lot of the recoil problem and take out enemies very well. That, and you save quite a bit of ammo.

On Karkand and Sharqi, it totally rocks. On Oman, it forces you to get a little more into the action, which is a good thing.

Since I am unemployed and broke, I can't buy the weapon yet. Instead, I use credits to get the M24 and 1911 pistols, and fall back a bit on range. But, soon, I will buy that SVU.

And, whatever you do, get the motion sensor training maxed out ASAP. It kills me how few of the recons in this game use that or spotting. Nothing is better than seeing all of those little orange "bulls-eyes" to go for on that map. Big Grin
31-05-2011, 08:33 PM | Post: #7
Offline redharvest 
a bolt action rifle of your prefferance (m95 or elite m24 if you can afford them). the p226 is a nice pistol for a recon, some claymores, they're great to both watch your back and cap bases, and a scanning orb, also great at capping bases and good to watch your back too.

[Image: SjXDZCi.png]
Signature created by a green lolicon and some marmalade
cool people add me on steam
31-05-2011, 08:55 PM | Post: #8
Offline Rotfeuerfisch. 
yes SVU-A rocks Big Grin i use the most time Tongue
01-06-2011, 04:05 PM | Post: #9
Offline Strongfield 
Hey guys,

Great thanks to all of your suggestions! After reading them, I think I'll get a veteran's M24 or Elite (if I feel that I need a financial let-loose) version. I'll stick with M1911 for pistol, seems like a trusty sidearm to have (Might try out the veteran's Smile)

I found my M24 to be really effective (although I must say I'm not so used to the bullet drop; always trying to rangefind by shooting random objects Tongue)

As for motion sensor, I am glad to say I use it well. Think I might want to max it out, seems like a good tool in the field, should I choose to camp.

Again, thanks guys for all the advice Big Grin

Strongfield (Sniper ID: Strenner)

TEACHER:George Washington not only chopped down his father's cherry tree, but also admitted it. Now, Louis, do you know why his father didn't punish him?

LOUIS:Because George still had the axe in his hand.
01-06-2011, 04:18 PM | Post: #10
Offline HkForby 
The Recon class often falls into the steriotype "Sniper" However, he has many other uses.

A recon player can set up traps (such as claymores) around the battlefield. Trapping is an easy way to wipe out players who fail to "Look before they Leap" so to say. This play-style often gets to your enemies head, making then semi-paranoid of your landmines.

Aside from that, if you're going to be running around the battlefield setting traps it is only safe to bring along a CQB weapon, such as the USAS 12, M870, Spas12 (Or any tier 3 shotgun) which are great weapons for taking out close range targets giving you the ablility to breach their lines and cause mayham.

Spotting is another great under-rated Recon playstyle. If you're with a squad, don't just be another gun in the group, try to act as a point-man so to say. Always feel free to toss a few recon ball into enemy lines giving you and you squad a heads up, even if you don't find anyone with the scan it gives your team a well needed heads up.

And last, but not least, the sniper recon. Sniper-Recons make up the majority of recon players. In real life a sniper will camp in an area far from the battlefield inorder to lay down supressing fire, although this game may be realistic keep in mind that there is a kill-cam, so it is always smart to keep it "fresh" by moving to another location.

However- with the last update EASY added the M14 Semi-Auto rifle with a holosight. Hopefully this is one of many new recon updates, giving players a wider range of stragities/playstyles. I (saddly) haven't tried the M14EBR so I can not give you any tips reguarding it >.<

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2011 04:20 PM by HkForby.)
01-06-2011, 04:42 PM | Post: #11
Offline [iKill] 
(01-06-2011 04:18 PM)HkForby Wrote:  
The Recon class often falls into the steriotype "Sniper" However, he has many other uses.

A recon player can set up traps (such as claymores) around the battlefield. Trapping is an easy way to wipe out players who fail to "Look before they Leap" so to say. This play-style often gets to your enemies head, making then semi-paranoid of your landmines.

Aside from that, if you're going to be running around the battlefield setting traps it is only safe to bring along a CQB weapon, such as the USAS 12, M870, Spas12 (Or any tier 3 shotgun) which are great weapons for taking out close range targets giving you the ablility to breach their lines and cause mayham.

Spotting is another great under-rated Recon playstyle. If you're with a squad, don't just be another gun in the group, try to act as a point-man so to say. Always feel free to toss a few recon ball into enemy lines giving you and you squad a heads up, even if you don't find anyone with the scan it gives your team a well needed heads up.

And last, but not least, the sniper recon. Sniper-Recons make up the majority of recon players. In real life a sniper will camp in an area far from the battlefield inorder to lay down supressing fire, although this game may be realistic keep in mind that there is a kill-cam, so it is always smart to keep it "fresh" by moving to another location.

However- with the last update EASY added the M14 Semi-Auto rifle with a holosight. Hopefully this is one of many new recon updates, giving players a wider range of stragities/playstyles. I (saddly) haven't tried the M14EBR so I can not give you any tips reguarding it >.<

Nicely explained Wink

[Image: ikillweptest.png]

A BIG Thanks to Healin for this great Header! To see the Thread, press the Image!
01-06-2011, 05:12 PM | Post: #12
Offline HkForby 
(01-06-2011 04:42 PM)0x5b;iKill0x5d; Wrote:  
(01-06-2011 04:18 PM)HkForby Wrote:  

Nicely explained Wink

:: Nods :: Thanks ^-^

Hopefully it helps