Hello There, Guest!

05-03-2012, 02:58 PM | Post: #61
Offline HomeSen 
That is not allowed due to the Terms of Service Wink

I just saw that you forgot one double-quote in the .reg file (or at least in the code you posted). Here is the line with the mistakehighlighted:
your code (fixed) Wrote:"Installation Dir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\EA Games\\Battlefield Play4Free"

Just add the double-quote to the highlighted position and import the .reg file, again.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

27-03-2012, 01:29 PM | Post: #62
Offline journeyhome 
HomeSen Thank You!!!!!,I facing same problem after recent update.fortunately I find this thread.u are
a BIG help.thanks again
30-03-2012, 04:25 AM | Post: #63
Offline xXFRIEDCHICKENXx 
(30-05-2011 12:42 PM)Sgt.Sullivan Wrote:  Run your internet browser as administrator. To do that, right click your browser icon, and select ''Run as administrator''.
i cant find my electronic arts folder Sad Plz help me
30-03-2012, 04:29 AM | Post: #64
Offline xXFRIEDCHICKENXx 
(31-08-2011 12:05 PM)Fledinski Wrote:  
(07-06-2011 07:55 AM)HomeSen Wrote:  Okay, could you copy and paste the following code into Notepad and save it as remove_bfp4f.reg. Afterwards, double-click the file and click "Yes" when it asks if you want to integrate the file into your registry.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free]

After having finished this, please restart your PC. Start your browser with administrative privileges and try installing the game again.

If that still doesn't work, try temporarily closing ALL "security programs", like anti-virus, firwall, Spambot Search&Destroy (especially the TeaTimer) etc.

woots
i cant find my electronic art thing plz help me ! Sad
30-03-2012, 01:38 PM | Post: #65
Offline HomeSen 
(30-03-2012 04:29 AM)xXFRIEDCHICKENXx Wrote:  i cant find my electronic art thing plz help me ! Sad

Did you try using the code that you even quoted?

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

31-03-2012, 10:08 PM | Post: #66
Offline Muffinman69 
it wont let me interogate the reg
31-03-2012, 11:50 PM | Post: #67
Offline THE_ACLV 
not working on version 6.1
02-04-2012, 01:58 PM | Post: #68
Offline HomeSen 
(31-03-2012 10:08 PM)Muffinman69 Wrote:  it wont let me interogate the reg

Did you copy the complete code, starting with "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00" and ending with "\Battlefield Play4Free]"? You have to save the file with the .reg extension and open it by double-clicking on it.
Please note, that code needs no modifikation. It can be used as is, even on newer Windows versions Wink

(31-03-2012 11:50 PM)THE_ACLV Wrote:  not working on version 6.1

Trust me, it works. Just do NOT modify anything. Copy&Paste the code as it is to a text file with the appropriate file extension and open it. Do NOT try to import it via RegistryEditor's "Import file" feature, since this expects a binary registry file Wink

03-04-2012, 02:48 PM | Post: #69
Offline X-Volution 
(07-06-2011 07:55 AM)HomeSen Wrote:  Okay, could you copy and paste the following code into Notepad and save it as remove_bfp4f.reg. Afterwards, double-click the file and click "Yes" when it asks if you want to integrate the file into your registry.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free]

After having finished this, please restart your PC. Start your browser with administrative privileges and try installing the game again.

If that still doesn't work, try temporarily closing ALL "security programs", like anti-virus, firwall, Spambot Search&Destroy (especially the TeaTimer) etc.

How do i do that ? 0o
Sorry i have no idea, at all. ):

03-04-2012, 03:08 PM | Post: #70
Offline HomeSen 
Do what? Copy&pasting some text into Notepad? Saving the file as ".reg"-file, or double-clicking on it to integrate the information into your registry?

12-04-2012, 10:18 AM | Post: #71
Offline CustomPh106 
TThx so much BC it worked and now i can be happy with my lvl 32 recon play and smile
14-05-2012, 04:58 PM | Post: #72
Offline gilles9 
thanks a lot HomeSen, I had the same problem, without you i didn't know what to do.

YOU REALLY DESERVE A STATUE!!!! and a medal. Tongue
12-06-2012, 06:47 AM | Post: #73
Offline Voman 
wahat a ? wahat ? pppppppppppppppuck
12-06-2012, 08:29 AM | Post: #74
Offline EbonZone 
Hello Homesen, my issue is as follows.

I have installed the game on a specific directory, but I have decided to move the game to another HDD, is there a way to modify the game directory so the launcher recognizes it without having to redownload everything again?

Thanks in advance.
12-06-2012, 12:24 PM | Post: #75
Offline HomeSen 
(12-06-2012 08:29 AM)EbonZone Wrote:  Hello Homesen, my issue is as follows.

I have installed the game on a specific directory, but I have decided to move the game to another HDD, is there a way to modify the game directory so the launcher recognizes it without having to redownload everything again?

Thanks in advance.

Actually, there is a way. But you wont be able to uninstall the game in a "normal" way, afterwards Wink
Follow the instruction given in the second part of this: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...#pid693890
But instead of deleting the whole Battlefield Play4Free "folder", double-click on the "Installation Dir" value in the right pane and modify the path.

16-06-2012, 08:41 PM | Post: #76
Offline WizardFalcon 
I have a problem while downloading the game it always says "An Error Occured:Failed to download Patch file" i made several methods but still can t download the game
Please answer me as soos as you can Smile Smile
Thank you. Smile
19-06-2012, 12:42 PM | Post: #77
Offline Dontelo 
yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thx Big Grin ilove u soo much!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@@@@#
19-06-2012, 12:44 PM | Post: #78
Offline Dontelo 
every thing havd worekd corectley thank you
21-06-2012, 05:52 PM | Post: #79
Offline knotten1415 
(30-05-2011 12:42 PM)Sgt.Sullivan Wrote:  Run your internet browser as administrator. To do that, right click your browser icon, and select ''Run as administrator''.

thank you sooooooooooo much! i got trouble with several error stuff a long time ago, and tried to reinstall it again when i got the installation dir error message. but it worked when i opened firefox as admin Smile (u gotta find the browser icon in the menu list thing) XD
13-07-2012, 06:30 PM | Post: #80
Offline PVT.....MILLER 
It wont let me delete the files in the registery editor it says error cannot delete battlefield play4free error while downloading