Hello There, Guest!

23-12-2011, 12:19 AM | Post: #41
Offline SquidOfWales 
Oh thank you very much for bringing this up it has worked thank you so much damn it feel good to be able to play this again Smile

SOW
17-01-2012, 04:17 PM | Post: #42
Offline DoctorRey 
Hello Homesen, my Windows Registry Editor Version is 6.1.
When I try to download it, it gives me something like 'impossible to import,that the specified file is not a registry script and I can only import binary registry files from registry editor'.
17-01-2012, 04:45 PM | Post: #43
Offline HomeSen 
Did you copy the whole code (starting with Windows Registry Editor ...).
My Registry Editor's version is 6.1, too. But that is unimportant, since you should still be able to "run" the file.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

17-01-2012, 06:47 PM | Post: #44
Offline DoctorRey 
Ok, I did NOT copy the whole code. Problem solved SO FAR, which means I sucessfully uninstalled the game...

Still have the whole download of the game, which didn't pull out until now.

Last problem reported during the download:
"An Error occurred: Data error, please verify that downloaded files are complete and correct!", while the installer was downloading the "client.zip".

I'll keep reporting in.

Thank you so far.
01-02-2012, 03:21 AM | Post: #45
Offline EDDIEDEATH 
i got an error message when i agreed on the terms and contracts, but how should i fix it? I downloaded it before but something happened and i couldn't play it from that day on. i deleted every last file i could find, but it still wasn't working!! Please help!!
01-02-2012, 09:48 AM | Post: #46
Offline HomeSen 
How about reading the posts above yours? It's all in there Wink

Failed to write registry value: Installation dir
HomeSen Wrote:If you want to install/update the game, you need to start your browser with administrative privileges when using Windows Vista/Win7:
  1. Close all browser windows
  2. Right-click on your browser's icon
  3. Select "Run as Administrator"
  4. Install the game via "Play Now"
  5. Be happy

If you "uninstalled" the game by deleting the game folder, you need to manually delete the Registry values, in order to install the game again.
  1. Press [WINDOWSKEY] + [R], the "Run..." dialog will open
  2. Type regedit and press [RETURN] or click on OK
  3. Inside the "Registry Editor", navigate to the appropriate "folder", according to your OS's architecture:
    For 32bit Windows:
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free

For 64bit Windows:
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free
  4. Delete the Battlefield Play4Free "folder".
  5. Try to install again. If it doesn't work, you need to restart your PC, since some registry changes are only applied after a restart Wink

If you think this might be too difficult for you, or when you can't find that "folder", try this: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...#pid325455

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

06-02-2012, 03:39 AM | Post: #47
Offline Rengato238 
how about for xp
06-02-2012, 10:10 AM | Post: #48
Offline HomeSen 
(06-02-2012 03:39 AM)Rengato238 Wrote:  how about for xp

Huh

These registry settings are completely regardless of your Windows version. You only have to distinct between the OS's architecture Wink

If the game would support it, you would even be able to import that code into Windows 2000 and pay the game Tongue

08-02-2012, 07:05 PM | Post: #49
Offline XxPrivate-RyanxX 
Thanks for help !
PS: Surprisingly, Homesen is an Engineer ... Big Grin
13-02-2012, 11:57 PM | Post: #50
Offline Dr.Kenny202 
(27-07-2011 02:57 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  Maybe you copied too much/little? The first line of the file has to be:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

What Windows version do you use?

THANK YOU SO MUCH I am not a computer whiz you are the best Community Mod i have met. They should make you head of supportBig Grin
13-02-2012, 11:58 PM | Post: #51
Offline Dr.Kenny202 
Thank you so much it worked
22-02-2012, 06:37 PM | Post: #52
Offline Kolya_Pinjack_20 
Comaraden or comrads I have the same problem with instalation!!! But after reading the forums i finaly understud!!!! I instaled a new Windows 7 (32bit). Thre is no need to clean a registry becase of clean winchaster. Solution: Do as sad HomeSen and in yoir Windows firewall make the exception for Battlefild Play4Free Updater. Thats ALL! After that PLAY NOW launches Installer!
P.S. who has Dr.Web do the same in it!
28-02-2012, 11:45 PM | Post: #53
Offline John.Rambo.101 
(30-05-2011 12:43 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  Failed to write Registry value: Installation Dir
If you want to install/update the game, you need to do the following:
HomeSen Wrote:You need to start your browser with administrative privileges when you want to install the game under Windows Vista/Win7:
1. Close all browser windows
2. Right-click on your browser's icon
3. Select "Run as Administrator"
4. Install the game via "Play Now"
5. Be happy
Which Folder do i delete?

If you "uninstalled" the game by deleting the game folder, you got into the trouble I mentioned above. You now need to manually delete the Registry values, in order to install the game again.

1. Press [WINDOWSKEY] + [R], the "Run..." dialog will open
2. Type regedit and press [RETURN] or click on OK
3. Inside the "Registry Editor", navigate to the appropriate "folder", according to your OS's architecture:
For 32bit Windows:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free

For 64bit Windows:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free

4. Delete the Battlefield Play4Free "folder".
5. Try to install again. If it doesn't work, you need to restart your PC, since some registry changes are only applied after a restart Wink
03-03-2012, 08:33 PM | Post: #54
Offline lolkoper 
Hello. Sorry for the necro, but this existing post came closest to my problems.

A few weeks (or months) back I cleaned up my harddrive because its really small, so I had little space for some games I wanted to try out.
Because I already have battlefield 3, I decided to, being the stupid <insert bad word here> like I was, delete (amongst others) the BFP4F folder... not knowing that this would completely screw things up, making me unable to re-download it now >.>

Now, I got the 'an error occurred failed to write registry value installation dir' error, not knowing what to do. If only I had looked up what to do, before I started doing things on my own.

In my stupidity I looked up the process of the launcher, went to its file location, and deleted the updater, hoping that would solve it. It didn't.
Instead, when I go to the 'play now' page, nothing happens... at all. I mean, the page loads, but it doesn't trigger a script or anythin'.

So yeah. Help please!
I'd appreciate it *very* much if anyone could help me with this! Smile

edit: might be worth mentioning, I run windows VISTA 32 bit
edit 2: yes I tried running the browser as admin, yes I deleted the reg keys, etc.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 08:39 PM by lolkoper.)
04-03-2012, 11:08 AM | Post: #55
Offline Deusion 
HomeSen I have a similar problem, as due to my connection problems, I downloaded the game from my friends files and did the registry as you told above, but still it's installing.

Here's what I did.

Copied all the files to the default x86 program files. (Im using 64-bit)
Then opened notepad and copied this in
Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free]
"Installation Dir"=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\EA Games\\Battlefield Play4Free"
"Language"="EN"

Imported and it said imported succesfully, then tried launching the game from browser, but still it goes to the installation screen...
HELP!
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 11:35 AM by Deusion.)
04-03-2012, 01:35 PM | Post: #56
Offline lolkoper 
I fixed my problem by deinstalling the browser extension for battlefield play4free, and then reinstalling it.
04-03-2012, 05:26 PM | Post: #57
Offline HomeSen 
(04-03-2012 11:08 AM)Deusion Wrote:  HomeSen I have a similar problem, as due to my connection problems, I downloaded the game from my friends files and did the registry as you told above, but still it's installing.

Here's what I did.

Copied all the files to the default x86 program files. (Im using 64-bit)
Then opened notepad and copied this in
Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free]
"Installation Dir"=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\EA Games\\Battlefield Play4Free"
"Language"="EN"

Imported and it said imported succesfully, then tried launching the game from browser, but still it goes to the installation screen...
HELP!

Sounds like you might have mis-typed the "Installation Dir" value, or that you copied the folder to another location (e.g. directly into "Program Files (x86)", instead of the "EA Games" folder).
The easiest way to fix this would be navigating to the game folder (where you copied the game to), copy the path from WindowsExplorer's address bar, paste it into the .reg file, and double all backslashes. Afterwards, import the file again, and all should be fine.

05-03-2012, 02:03 AM | Post: #58
Offline Deusion 
Yep, I double checked it with the installer too, its also downloading in the same folder :L
This has been a pain in the ass.
05-03-2012, 08:51 AM | Post: #59
Offline HomeSen 
Weird. Could it be that your friend's version is just outdated, and the installer now only wants to update the game?

05-03-2012, 02:43 PM | Post: #60
Offline Deusion 
Nope, still asks me the installation dir and the two license agreements, is it possible for anyone to upload their CURRENT version to a compressed rar on some website? so I can download it in parts..