Hello There, Guest!

20-05-2011, 06:02 AM | Post: #21
Offline GhostHell 
that's cool guide great job all
20-05-2011, 09:57 AM | Post: #22
Offline Slowvac 
I wanted to discuss rotor overs for evasive and high speed maneuvering, but i dont think people would understand my references to collective, cyclic controls, and pedal control in conjunction with keyboard keys....

Thanks for the useful comments on my vid, and i guess thanks for the ones that just say "fail Tongue "

not that I saw any vids from that particular person
20-05-2011, 12:33 PM | Post: #23
Offline [G1]KEL 
(20-05-2011 09:57 AM)Slowvac Wrote:  I wanted to discuss rotor overs for evasive and high speed maneuvering, but i dont think people would understand my references to collective, cyclic controls, and pedal control in conjunction with keyboard keys....

Thanks for the useful comments on my vid, and i guess thanks for the ones that just say "fail Tongue "

Dude, this is video with:
W-accelerate, S-deaccelerate, and you want to discuss about cyclic cintrols? Wink
20-05-2011, 12:43 PM | Post: #24
Online SgtMacMillan 
There are some dumb heli pilots that fly over the enemy, so the guner can't shoot them. The guner has a limited rotation, so he can't shoot down, most effective are the laterals. Great field of view and shoot.

[Image: signaturebfp4f.jpg]
20-05-2011, 01:44 PM | Post: #25
Offline Slowvac 
(20-05-2011 12:33 PM)KO3blPb Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 09:57 AM)Slowvac Wrote:  I wanted to discuss rotor overs for evasive and high speed maneuvering, but i dont think people would understand my references to collective, cyclic controls, and pedal control in conjunction with keyboard keys....

Dude, this is video with:
W-accelerate, S-deaccelerate, and you want to discuss about cyclic cintrols? Wink

In order to provide an accurate description on what a Rotor Over is, its hard to say tap this key then this key and swing the mouse this way....because it does not work like that even in game.

There is still a specific power ratio you have to maintain in teh climb, then a severe drop in the power, along with the turning by pedal in this case A or D, with proper yaw to swing the tail over then a hard pull on teh cyclic or the mouse to bring the nose up, since you are actually stalling the heli in mid air to perform a rapid 180 turn.

At high altitudes its easy, at low altitudes, it can make ur passenger crap his pants because if you dont do it right you are just gonna bury the nose in the dirt and kill everyone.

Which is where the collective, cyclic, rudder adjust, NR, NGR, etc come in. NR being the amount of power applied, and NGR being the lift provided by the rotors spinning while without power in teh short initial stall.
Heck I can even show how to do an auto-rotation in game....but thats not beginners stuff, which is what the video was for...beginners.

I know the video looks like crap. i get it. lots of ppl talkin smack because they didnt like it. didnt see THEM attempt to make one, but hey...what ever.

My next video wont look like crap, if i use text it will be in a font that looks good everywhere...not jsut my videopad.

Tho i will prolly use TTS recordings instead to avoid the issue all together.
20-05-2011, 02:33 PM | Post: #26
Offline Gnodab 
I love the transport choppers, i would like it if there was some way to increase the health/armor of the chopper or increase the speed. It would just make us pilots feel better about our job.
20-05-2011, 04:32 PM | Post: #27
Offline SoldierOfFortune 
(20-05-2011 02:33 PM)Gnodab Wrote:  I love the transport choppers, i would like it if there was some way to increase the health/armor of the chopper or increase the speed. It would just make us pilots feel better about our job.

I too hope that a speciffic skill for that is in the pipes Big Grin and heading our way with Tier 3

[Image: signaturelg.png]
20-05-2011, 05:54 PM | Post: #28
Offline cadtace 
lol no one whants to waht me becase i some times go killer brid and hit enamy players. Smile
21-05-2011, 03:35 AM | Post: #29
Offline Sgt.Pyle555 
Oh wow the Helicopter is so Easy to manuever The plane is a cake walk and the helicopter is the most easiest I've got skills flying this bad bird but I like to fly the plane cause it makes me feel superior xD...but yeah the Helicopter is easy to fly I've never met anyone who's had trouble flying the most easiest aircraft built.Sleepy
21-05-2011, 03:38 AM | Post: #30
Offline Sgt.Pyle555 
Hmmm... question, What is easier to control your player the Mouse or the Pad on the Laptop I just want to know because I've been having trouble moving and shooting simultaneously it's complicating knowing that I can't run or shoot at the same time So I need someone's opinion on what I should use.
23-05-2011, 04:49 PM | Post: #31
Offline mm92121 
como faço para voar?
24-05-2011, 06:10 PM | Post: #32
Offline ZenFoolOne 
Congrats, they were all great vids for beginners. I especially liked the "beware" of pilots parts in two of the vids. Pointing out the common frustrations we feel is cathartic.

Here's a few things that weren't mentioned:
You can park helis in "out of area" zones, just don't get out. The vulcans/mgs have absurd reach. Great for ambushes.

Tell your passengers if you are going to pull any fancy flying, as most bail at the first weird move you make(for good reason).

With good enough aim, you can bring one down on a tank or apc while bailing. You won't get the points, but their armor will be gone. Transport helis respawn faster than any other heavy vehicle, so no worries getting another ride.
25-05-2011, 01:07 AM | Post: #33
Offline cadtace 
good gude but how do i get it to look like how it does in some of the videos?
26-05-2011, 12:10 AM | Post: #34
Offline Lord_Jaxom3 
narma narma namra
28-05-2011, 11:52 PM | Post: #35
Offline MonkeysEatPie 
i rule the skies now tnx Tongue Smile
29-05-2011, 01:48 AM | Post: #36
Offline McHawk