Hello There, Guest!

17-12-2010, 06:51 AM | Post: #81
Offline bdshooter 
It reminds me of the old battlefield 2 which i used to always play. This version being multiplayer orientated brings good new features such as the deploy radar. This taken from bad company. The game though lacks in team work a squad system should be worked up improved team chat possibly. The clipping seems to be a bit off in game as a deliberate walking into to the wall brings on slight lag as well as position jittering. The game mechanics though seem to be in place and i can see this beta bringing alot of new features to the game.
17-12-2010, 08:10 AM | Post: #82
Offline FUB-Knarzer 
Actually i like it for a free for play game.It is ,what they pronounced it for: old bf2 maps, with a touch of heroes and bfc2.

I like the combatfeeling, classes working for me. Some weapons are overpowered/hit registration is to cheesy/too less recoil ( for example pp2000 of engineer kid). I personally would prefer a squad system which has been always the big plus of a bf game. Rounds could be longer,ergo hope whole map will open in full version. Really do enjoy that there is no clay/nade spam fest as in bf2. Looking forward to the other vehilces (helo: let them import the tv modus of bf2 plz Wink
About lag: some servers or at sum times its aweful, in other moments its working fine me, no clue
Grain effect is a bit too much for me. Postive is that there is hardly spawnkilling, besides if a tank is too strong/too less engineers~classes/character should be able to switch ingame to avoid this.

After all: sweet bonus game as long im waiting for bf3 xD
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2010 08:30 AM by FUB-Knarzer.)
17-12-2010, 08:23 AM | Post: #83
Offline spookywaffles 
We applied to this beta to tell them exactly whats wrong and sadly there is much.

The game is sluggish as hell but i realize that its played out of a browser so ill deal with it.
Im wondering why we cannot change classes on the fly i loved that. It balanced the game play in all the other BF games.

I am also wondering why someone choose to place the sprint button on shift. I liked it better when the sprint was double tapping the w key because i crouch a lot in combat and i needed to run and get into a crouch stance immediately. I have to say that my hand was pretty sore by the end of six matches. so please no sprint on shift its too inconvenient.

other than those small probs im sure with a little bit of polishing it will be much better.
Cant wait until the new maps are available!
17-12-2010, 09:02 AM | Post: #84
Offline HeadKiller 
My first impression...Lag...Teleporting,this does not surprise me since I live at South East Asia but will there be any local servers here?
17-12-2010, 09:03 AM | Post: #85
Offline rukqoa 
(17-12-2010 09:02 AM)HeadKiller Wrote:  My first impression...Lag...Teleporting,this does not surprise me since I live at South East Asia but will there be any local servers here?

Closest will be Australia. http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...hp?tid=378

NEW stats chart: http://bit.ly/lDeAlV
Ballistics: http://bit.ly/fFJ0IK
Server Browsers: http://bit.ly/glSEgF
17-12-2010, 09:31 AM | Post: #86
Offline Killer_Slash 
Well my first impression was that it was quite laggy, but the set up was pretty cool. I like how this is free and its got vehicles, and different classes, and its realistic combat. Like the hit boxes and what not. Any way, can't wait to see the final of the game, but I am liking it soo far.
17-12-2010, 10:15 AM | Post: #87
Offline izeke 
My first impression is lagg. I have good computer and connections too and still lagg. I like the classes but the engineer gun (pp2000) is very long ranged. I shot a sniper with these small automatic gun when he was at a snipeing distance. Medic has mg. Its a little bit funny and why the medic has the bigger gun. Training is very good. Connect is a difficult thing cause when u disconnect after the screen would bigger than the normal and i need to quit and join again.
I have a few plan:
-need friend system (my friends can connect to server and play together)
-kill streak bonuses or normal bonus ( i mean support box, uav, artillery...)
-weapons addon system ( scope, silencer, paints...)
-start in fullscreen ( because its right now a bug )
-in game class change ( its a very important in bf saga )
-prone and no sprint forever

I hope you will fix bugs soon, and use some of these "plans".
Have fun! Good work!
17-12-2010, 11:05 AM | Post: #88
Offline Nikola_Bathory 
Mixed impressions so far... Not a bad game, and this is still an early beta!
I'm a veteran BF series player, BF1942 and BF2 being my favorite ones.
My first impressions: The game is still full of bugs, only 1 map is available (but on the other hand this map is the great KARKAND!), we have only 3 classes, you can't select which flag to spawn at...
But the game is still realistic, (not too) fast paced - which is a good thing! I love driving tanks and APCs, so I hope that next maps will include more of them.

And btw, EA / DICE -- I am looking forward to BF3 next year! Please, make it a great game with its tons of stats, awards, strategy and classic BF gameplay! (I know this is not related to BF Play 4 Free, but I had to include it!!)

17-12-2010, 11:10 AM | Post: #89
Offline Strokemaster 
(17-12-2010 11:05 AM)Nikola_Bathory Wrote:  Mixed impressions so far... Not a bad game, and this is still an early beta!
I'm a veteran BF series player, BF1942 and BF2 being my favorite ones.
My first impressions: The game is still full of bugs, only 1 map is available (but on the other hand this map is the great KARKAND!), we have only 3 classes, you can't select which flag to spawn at...
But the game is still realistic, (not too) fast paced - which is a good thing! I love driving tanks and APCs, so I hope that next maps will include more of them.

And btw, EA / DICE -- I am looking forward to BF3 next year! Please, make it a great game with its tons of stats, awards, strategy and classic BF gameplay! (I know this is not related to BF Play 4 Free, but I had to include it!!)
psst, 4 classes (i´m sure you just mistyped) Assult, medic, engineer and recon

[Image: oj429e.gif]
17-12-2010, 11:27 AM | Post: #90
Offline Halo572 
I think it is looking good and with some work could be excellent and be more playable than most pay up front commercial products.

From my experience, look at BF2, BC2 and COD4 and learn from what they got wrong. If you implement fixes or gameplay that get around what they got wrong and keep what they got right there is no reason why it can't be up there as one of the best FPS ever.

It isn't hard to pick out what they got right and wrong, especially the wrong.

BF2 is still a great game 5 years on, if all the exploits and balance issues had been fixed there would be no other game of its kind to play even now.
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2010 11:27 AM by Halo572.)
17-12-2010, 11:34 AM | Post: #91
Offline Funk001 
Quite nice Smile If you look through all the bugs and lag right now, this game could rly work Smile

[Image: signaturephg.jpg]
17-12-2010, 11:43 AM | Post: #92
Offline Nikola_Bathory 
(17-12-2010 11:10 AM)Strokemaster Wrote:  psst, 4 classes (i´m sure you just mistyped) Assult, medic, engineer and recon

My mistake, sorry.

17-12-2010, 12:27 PM | Post: #93
Offline Zellmer 
My first impression is very positive, i am glad finaly someone found out that just because you carry and mg3 instead of an m16 doesnt mean your skin becomes thicker. The vehicles handle excellent, as we are used to from former bf parts. Of course the connection issues can apear, but hey, its an closed beta at its very beginning. And i just cant wait for a map with aircraft.

Zellmer
17-12-2010, 03:07 PM | Post: #94
Offline shaki 
Well I like the game, it has a lot of potential but the amount of bugs I've encountered is massive if EA plans to go open beta with this in early 2011 they should start fixing the game quickly.
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2010 03:08 PM by shaki.)
17-12-2010, 03:17 PM | Post: #95
Offline Commander.Brain 
I like this game very much.. i only find the engineer is a bit Op... Imo his gun is too accurate at long range Tongue... well engineer is my favourite clâss^^
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2010 03:26 PM by Commander.Brain.)
17-12-2010, 03:39 PM | Post: #96
Offline DobieDog 
well my first impression was... wow! It's surprisingly playable as for a beta. Still much things to improve, but my biggest complain is only one map and one type of combat, it would be nice to have at least 2-3 maps for start and be able to switch from conquest to death match or something.
17-12-2010, 04:56 PM | Post: #97
Offline rxlbarcelona 
(sorry for my english, its not good)

great game, i dont have any problem to play it.
17-12-2010, 05:21 PM | Post: #98
Offline Mistry_Who 
well, considering this is my first BF game, besides BFH, and that i've been played other fps(Combat arms, AVA, MW2) i found the acuracy for the assult rifle, G3 i think, a tad bit low. it was really hard for me to shoot someone down from a medium distance. and im not sure if its supposed to be like this because of recoil, but when using the scope and aiming, the shot goes quite a bit above where im aiming. like i said b4, this may be the case for BF games since i havent played any, but i havent seen this in any other FPS i've played.
Another thing is that i found the map in the corner to be a bit small, and hard to see whats what(like buildings and roads)
I still havent tried the medic or engineer yet, ill let you know what i think. apart from that, and the obvious bugs(takes a while b4 i can find a game to join/training points lost by reseting) i think its pretty good. cant wait for more maps and weapons!
17-12-2010, 05:28 PM | Post: #99
Offline Tollyx 
I haven't played the game yet, since it's downloading really slow right now.
But I would just like to say that I don't like this "start/update the game from your browser" thing wich BFH also has.
I would rather have a install file and run it off my computer.

I'll get back and post something about the actual game when it's done. Smile
17-12-2010, 05:43 PM | Post: #100
Offline Toxx 
First off I gotta say there's alot of exaggerating going on.
This game is absolutely playable. Sometimes there's some lag but most of the time it runs pretty smooth for me and is alot of fun.

A few things I noticed:

- Sometimes the HUD begins to flicker. Sometimes it stops, sometimes it doesn't. Can't reproduce it.
- I once was inserted (after dying) midair, flying. Felt like a parachute or something, I came down on top of a pretty high building and had an awesome killing spree from up there xD
- Graphics aren't really good imo. I know it doesn't want to compete with BC2 but for better rigs, like mine, a few more graphic options would be much appreciated.
- For me as a BC2-hardcore mode-player the weapons feel too weak. It's hard to kill somebody running for cover with the MG3, if I see 6 or 7 registered hits but he won't die
- Squads would be nice to see more teamplay
- Even if you don't find a server stats get recalculated which takes alot of time. Would appreciate a server browser.

Other than that, great job guys! I especially like the sounds and the fast-paced action even though the city is quite big.

Cheers, Toxx
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2010 06:04 PM by Toxx.)