Hello There, Guest!

02-05-2011, 07:44 PM | Post: #1
Offline DontShootBob 
Had Fraps running for this round, so thought I'd post it up. Maybe some peeps will get a few tips from it.

Not the best round I've ever had, but that's usually the case when I'm recording it.

Anyway, have a look and let me know what you think!

You Tube Smile
03-05-2011, 02:30 AM | Post: #2
Offline StarStruck3 
was great, but i have one thing to say of your flying skills...when that AA was locking you near the beginning/middle of the vid you just start doing barrel rolls, which is a very ineffective and (forgive me) stupid way of evading missiles...the only way it will work is if one tracks to your wingtip, which is unlikely as they're heat-seeking (and as such they literally try to put themselves up your exhaust pipe.) when one tracks on you, break hard left or right and it will lose you (the missile is going in excess of mach 2 so it can't turn very fast), works every time, it's even more effective if you use flares cause the AA will have a hard time locking back onto you or any other friendly in the area with them...

[Image: O5fc2.jpg]
The Forsaken Banana
03-05-2011, 01:21 PM | Post: #3
Offline DontShootBob 
Yup fair comment. Damn AA's got me a couple of times that round.
Although I'm sure that barrel rolls have evaded AA missles once or twice before.
Thinking about it they could have been from another jet. But i guess that could have been because the other jet didn't have full lock.

I do agree with you, a hard bank in the opposite direction to the missle trajectory would be a better tactic.

I did say it wasn't my best round ever....I was right! Angry

Thanks for your comments all the same!