Hello There, Guest!

29-04-2011, 06:56 PM | Post: #1
Offline strangers123 
Changelog:
Version 1.0 Original release
Version 1.1 Corrected spelling mistakes and some damage values
Version 1.2 Guide being expanded to include TANKS! Corrected some more mistakes and removed some useless text.
Version 1.3 Guide now has the SHORT version for the tanks! Happy hunting! The full version and video will come soon!
Version 1.31 Tank VS littlebird updated
Version 1.4 (4th september 2011) Dates to the changelog added, Tank guide partially finished. More text will follow in the next few days. My laptop containing 5 pages of crap had a critical hard-disk crash and all my work was lost, also setting me some weeks behind on my video guide for the tank. Sorry for the inconvinience caused!

This is the guide for tankers who wish to take tanking to the next level
This will be your guide on HOW TO USE armor against aircraft and score 10,000 points +/- most rounds if you do well. You should easily aquire 5-6000 points.

THE QUICK GUIDES FOR THOSE THAT DON'T WISH TO TAKE TIME READING:
APC:
    Aim in front of your targets
  • Prioritize helicopters, then jets then ground units.
  • Play as an engineer for repairs
  • Shell AA implacements if you don't have any other targets.
  • Invest some training points into APC armour and TOW missile to help defend against ground targets/hovering helicopters/F35s
  • It is possible to use FRIENDLYS as target practice as they will not react to damage (Friendly Fire turned OFF ONLY!!!)
  • Use high ground for better overview. The high ground to the left of the RUSSIAN BASE is good as bombers may miss and their bombs just fly past/hit the trees/hit the hills
  • DONT BE WORRIED TO FIRE. It does not matter if you hit your target or not. If you don't have any targets available, then opening fire on the just-out-of-sight objective might just score you some unexpected points.
  • It is highly reccomended to "sound *****" as much as possible so you can watch the ground for targets and hear if there are any incoming aircraft.

TANK
  • Leading your targets may be difficult in the beginning, but it just takes time getting used to. Practice makes perfect!
  • Your reload takes a long time, so save your shots against aircraft that wont die with 1 shot or that you think will come close and lower.
  • Helicopters that attack you usually will fly low after their run, this is the time to shoot them in the back for a whopping 405 damage! Easy points and I doubt they will be back until they are repaired!
  • Jets are instant toast if you score a direct hit on it, but are pretty hard to hit.
  • Littlebirds take 500 damage to the side and back, but a frontal hit deals 405. But I bet that the pilot wont be back to bother you for a while after taking a tank shell to the face!

Feel free to comment and correct me if you feel anything is wrong. Useful information may be added on the original guide.

This guide is going to be expanded to a guide to take down air vehicles (any weapon, any air vehicle) New parts may be coming soon!

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2011 07:29 PM by strangers123.)
29-04-2011, 06:57 PM | Post: #2
Offline strangers123 
This is the guide for tankers who wish to take tanking to the next level.
This will be your guide on HOW TO USE the APC (being expanded to include tanks and RPGs) against aircraft and score 10,000 points +/- most rounds if you do well. You should easily acquire 5-6000 points

First of all, VERY few people use armor as dedicated mobile AA. I highly recommend doing this as an ENGINEER as repairs will be few and far between from friendlys if you wish to survive long enough.
I also recommend investing some points in APC armor and TOW missile to counter ground units.

Tactical use of headphones ("sound whoring")

If you can, set the minimap to show the entire map (least zoom)(default: N) and use your headphones to attempt to locate air targets inbound and use the large map to see if it is friendly.

The phycological effect:
Friends: Your friendly pilots will be grateful to see that enemy F35 or MiG blow up midair while they are retreating with 30HP for repairs or your tanks seeing that enemy Mil Mi-29 HAVOC or AH-64 APACHE wreck fall out of the sky in front of him during his attack run.

Enemies:
Seeing your own aircraft constantly blasted out of the sky has a huge effect as your team has limited air support to take out those pesky camping tanks shredding D or A (depends on team) or being a pilot yourself seeing your jets go BOOM during your bombing runs.

APC guide

Usage of weapons:
This is possible with ANY APC (even tanks, but that is just waste of tanks and time as it VERY hard to hit things not strafing you, but its still very fun to see that 11 year old raging about you having an aimbot after taking his jet out of the sky) but the RUSSIAN BTR is better because of its higher rate of fire. (expends its 5 shots faster)

Tactical camping:
Most of the time you will need to be still in one (preferably elevated) space to help aiming. DON'T WORRY if your team is whining about you camping in one spot as attacking objectives will most likely result in your death and loss of Armour.

The hills to the left of the road above C and just outside of the RUSSIAN base is the best (Russian ONLY or you WILL die a lot)
For the US you can use the paradrop site with cars to the right of using the reinforced wall as cover. (as shown in video

Damage points:
120 direct hit on JETS (4 hits will make it smoke and take 2 damage every second, 5 hits and its out of the sky)
81 against attack helicopters. Each full health Aheli has 800 hp. Thats 10 direct hits
60 against transport helicopters +/- extra points for transported infantry hit. RUSSIAN transport heli has 1200 HP (more than a TANK) US BlackHawk has 1000 HP
45-60 against ground armor.
0-100 against cars (depends on what and where you hit)

Choice of Targets:
Your primary targets will be Attack Helicopters as these are easiest to hit and score easy points even if you dont destroy them. Attack helicopters might also pop flares because of your TOW missile. ALL you have to do is to aim at their rotor if hovering and lead with movement with 1 to 20 metres. You should not lead with more distance as the helicopter will be out of your vision if you need to compensate more.

Reactions:
Most enemies will return to base for repairs. They will usually fly straight to base. More experienced pilots will tilt left of right to avoid RPG and ARMOUR fire. Just keep firing and hope you hit it.

Helicopters attacking YOU: When the pilots fires his missiles, MOVE SIDEWAYS TOWARDS HIM! This will help you avoid the end portion of his run (usually HellFire missiles) and make him more prone to misjudge his attack and either crash or end up lower, exposing him as you hit his back end with some APC shells. If you fired early enough, the helicopter should not have been able to get this far.
Helping you aim: blast friendly Attack Helicopters to help you aim. Unless they crash, you will not recieve penalty points (as of 29th April 2011) If you see an explosion, you hit it.

Transport Helicopters:
These should be your secondary targets
These are good points and are very easy to hit even at range. They are not very maneuverable and will score good points if you just unleash a barrage of shots at them. Aim is approximately the same as the Attack Helicopter, but you may need to lead a little less.

Jets:
These will be your last choice of targets unless they are bombing you or something close.
Noob to Medium experienced pilots will attack you from the front and from very low. Just unleash everything at its nose and it should take hits or even blow up. From a low attack angle its bombs will do less damage and only 1 bomb may give a direct hit.

Experienced pilots will attack from higher or not attack you at all if they know you target aircraft or you camp in the correct location as they don't deem you a serious threat like a TANK at their capture points (tough luck for them when they die because of you).
Of those that attack from higher angles, move TOWARDS them and turn your turret 180 degrees (dont reverse) and return fire when they pull up after bombing. The aim is to make you a hard target to hit!. You should score some hits and make it return to base for repairs/get shot down by something else. After this you will either become high priority target or be deemed a serious threat and not be bombed after that.

Ground Targets: These will be your last priority unless they are attacking you. You should have TOW missiles to help defend positions against armored assault. Target ARMOUR and TRANSPORTS first, then blast away at loose infantry. Remember to aim significantly in front of fast moving vehicles at range. Other guides on the forums may cover this in more detail. If not, i can post a aiming guide for attacking ground targets on demand.

Tanks:
Video guide coming when finished
The 2 tanks
There really isnt a big difference between the 2 tanks, except for the aiming reticule. The russian T-90 has better "notching" (forgot the name). Just remember that targeting air vehicles is mainly instinct and practice makes perfect!

Ground Targets:
These arent your primary targets, so just stay under their radar, but dont let one sneak behind you. Return fire if enganged, but otherwise maintain an incognito role is your are dedicating yourself to killing aircraft

Weapons avaliable:
The cannon:
The most difficult to aim, but the most giving in terms of damage! Just remember to lead your tagets and fire while stationary for the best accuracy
The Co-axial machine gun
This weapon is easy to aim and functions like a MG3. Use against soft targets and infantry

Air vehicles avaliable:
Jets:
These are the hardest to hit, but the most giving. Just remember to lead your targets and hope for the best!
Littlebirds:[/]
These take 500 to the side or rear (instantly killing it) but takes 405 to the front. Wait until you have a good shot then fire, as this thing is FAST! If it knows you have it in your sights and have fired once and missed, he will probably fly away and flank you.
[u]Attack helicopters

These take a lot of damage per hit, but can turn your tank into a flaming piece of junk in 1 pass. Remeber to move sideways into his rockets so he will either crash or end up lower than he wanted, exposing his back end to your tank shells
Transport helicopters
These take 300 damage per hit, but with the right passengers, they can dish out a lot of damage while appearing nearly invincible. Spray and pray! These things a slow!

Target priority:
Shoot anything that is a direct threat to you first and DONT let any armor (or engineer) get behind you
Shoot helicopters first, then jets and loose ground targets then infantry that pose little threat

Reactions:
Most pilots will return to base, sometimes doing some unpredictable pitching and rolling. Heavily dying air vehicles will hope for the best and just fly straight for base. Hit them in their @ss!
If the pilot things it WONT make it back to base, he may crash his vehicle INTO you as their last desperate move, any maybe land a mine on you. And run off alive. In this case, all you have to do is to move.

What you should do when your position has been compromised:
If you know that an enemy knows your position, and is devoting all his efforts and assets to killing you (after you have killed him 3-4 times he will rage, and either quit or hunt you 'till you're good dead!). This is good, it means more points for you. He will most likely attempt the same route, but staying still is risky. You need to move, but he doesn't need to know you have moved! All it takes it to move behind a building or cover, and sharpen your ears! If you hear aircraft coming, and it ain't a blue dot on your map, prepare to blow it up! Remeber to move back to your original location before killcam is active!

Feel free to post links to good videos and they might make it into the guide

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2011 05:07 PM by strangers123.)
29-04-2011, 07:04 PM | Post: #3
Offline Jurzey 
Advice. Start your guide in word format, then when it is complete, post it in the forums. Otherwise your thread will die and people will ignore it for lack of content.
29-04-2011, 07:04 PM | Post: #4
Offline Kauhava_81st 
As a russian, just hide under the gas station with a BTR and rape every aircraft in sight while using the station's roof as cover against bombs and rockets.

Guaranteed high-score.

-This makes me rage with such a fury that you would go blind if not for the powerful shield of the intrawebs.
29-04-2011, 07:05 PM | Post: #5
Offline strangers123 
Damn fast posters
updating at the moment

29-04-2011, 07:09 PM | Post: #6
Offline strangers123 
(29-04-2011 07:04 PM)Kauhava_81st Wrote:  As a russian, just hide under the gas station with a BTR and rape every aircraft in sight while using the station's roof as cover against bombs and rockets.

Guaranteed high-score.

You are also more vulnerable to armoured assault killing your APC if you dont retreat fast enough. This also requires you to own C

29-04-2011, 07:15 PM | Post: #7
Offline Kauhava_81st 
(29-04-2011 07:09 PM)strangers123 Wrote:  You are also more vulnerable to armoured assault killing your APC if you dont retreat fast enough. This also requires you to own C

True about owning C, but the gas station also provides great cover against ground assaults.

If a tank or APC doesn't flank you through the town, there's not much to be scared of.

There should be a decent amount of friendly infantry around too, manning the TOW and engaging random enemies.

-This makes me rage with such a fury that you would go blind if not for the powerful shield of the intrawebs.
29-04-2011, 07:19 PM | Post: #8
Offline strangers123 
(29-04-2011 07:15 PM)Kauhava_81st Wrote:  
(29-04-2011 07:09 PM)strangers123 Wrote:  You are also more vulnerable to armoured assault killing your APC if you dont retreat fast enough. This also requires you to own C

True about owning C, but the gas station also provides great cover against ground assaults.

If a tank or APC doesn't flank you through the town, there's not much to be scared of.

There should be a decent amount of friendly infantry around too, manning the TOW and engaging random enemies.

Depends on what kind of team you have. You are also considered a more threatening target.
If you dont own C, bu own D (and preferably B too) you can try the fence 100m out of base between D and C (RUSSIAN ONLY). Gives good cover against direct ARMOURED assault from A and some form of defense against air assaults. The IGLA covers the other side of the building so you only need to worry about flanking aircaft and you can shell infantry and TOWs on C and assist any friendlys assaulting C

(This post was last modified: 29-04-2011 07:21 PM by strangers123.)
29-04-2011, 09:32 PM | Post: #9
Offline killhim2 
Thank strangers 123 for the tips, hope to see u in combat.

I WILL KILL U ALL!!
(NOT MY FRIENDS)
_______=//''''''''''&._._._._._I\._._
|...._____ II ---\__/i ((((((((((((((:::????D
|_--.-"''''"'/- /((_).|. |''''''''''''/'''\''''''
……… /_/ …….\_\ .............|_|
30-04-2011, 06:56 PM | Post: #10
Offline McGravier 
"Use high ground for better overview"

With all due respect, if there is one good engi in opposite team, you will be tagged, and shot with RPG in an instant.

Also, APC on high ground just screams for 155mm tank shell

"Ground Targets: These will be your last priority unless they are attacking you"
if they are attacking you, while you are watching the sky... Well, your APC have 600hp. 5 shots from enemy APC takes about 300, and enemy TOW fired from APC will take another 300 points.

It seems you are playing a lot with very unexperienced players, when you'll face 2 or 3 experts, your APC will be tunrned into a great piece of junk

If violence wouldn't be a good solution, then noone would use it
[Image: CRUXBFP4F3.png]
30-04-2011, 07:17 PM | Post: #11
Offline exair 
(30-04-2011 06:56 PM)McGravier Wrote:  "Use high ground for better overview"

With all due respect, if there is one good engi in opposite team, you will be tagged, and shot with RPG in an instant.

"Ground Targets: These will be your last priority unless they are attacking you"
if they are attacking you, while you are watching the sky... Well, your APC have 600hp. 5 shots from enemy APC takes about 300, and enemy TOW fired from APC will take another 300 points.

It seems you are playing a lot with very unexperienced players, when you'll face 2 or 3 experts, your APC will be tunrned into a great piece of junk

tows do 190 (152 with 2/2 AP) damage, i agree with the rest of the post

[Image: kDGVL]
01-05-2011, 01:22 PM | Post: #12
Offline strangers123 
(30-04-2011 07:17 PM)exair Wrote:  
(30-04-2011 06:56 PM)McGravier Wrote:  "Use high ground for better overview"

tows do 190 (152 with 2/2 AP) damage, i agree with the rest of the post

You could say I have been playing against inexperienced players and in such I would agree. But I have also played against good (tank) players and I survived after killing the enemy and repaired my APC. You just need to get the jump on them and hit them first.
Oman is a large open map, you've got some cover if you chose the correct location. (behind some trees on the RUSSIAN hill, the walls at the paradrop site at A) They will be out in the open at C

The point is: This is just a guide showing my experience and you will last longer on a hill close to your base than at the front line. No offense meant

PS: Edited post adding "sound whoring" the tactical use of headphones into the guide

01-05-2011, 01:58 PM | Post: #13
Offline StickyNote 
i am alway do it, apc = easy scrore again aircraft i make 10-16k, but with apc as i said is to easy and its boring so i am using tank for it Tongue click
(apc is like usas-12, tank like 870 or spas).
02-05-2011, 05:31 PM | Post: #14
Offline strangers123 
(01-05-2011 01:58 PM)StickyNote Wrote:  i am alway do it, apc = easy scrore again aircraft i make 10-16k, but with apc as i said is to easy and its boring so i am using tank for it Tongue click

I would agree, it does sometimes get boring when you just shred their aircraft
Tanks downing jets just get noob jet pilots to rage on you. now THAT is AWESOME to read in the textfeed. Sad thing Xfire crashed P4f when I attempt to record. Started in recent days. Is this a bug or intended to stop us from recording gameplay?

03-05-2011, 09:59 PM | Post: #15
Offline Levas 
(29-04-2011 07:04 PM)Kauhava_81st Wrote:  As a russian, just hide under the gas station with a BTR and rape every aircraft in sight while using the station's roof as cover against bombs and rockets.

Guaranteed high-score.

Negative sir, I know how to bomb under the roof of gas station at C.

If you see me on Oman you're usually dead. I'm the kid in the Jet that is 20-0
[Recon]-Levas 20/20
[Engineer]-AceFromAbove 20/20
Johnysnake's Battlefield Play4Free Jet Guide
04-05-2011, 12:36 AM | Post: #16
Offline McGravier 
(03-05-2011 09:59 PM)Levas Wrote:  

Guaranteed high-score.

...And I know how to send two hellfires in there...

The only effective way to avoid being killed by the aircraft, is to move frequently and keep AA-guns manned. Unfortunetly, its very common situation, when none of the players is interested in helping others, so AA-guns are usually empty...

If violence wouldn't be a good solution, then noone would use it
[Image: CRUXBFP4F3.png]
04-05-2011, 11:23 AM | Post: #17
Offline Iota 
(04-05-2011 12:36 AM)McGravier Wrote:  
(03-05-2011 09:59 PM)Levas Wrote:  

Guaranteed high-score.

...And I know how to send two hellfires in there...

The only effective way to avoid being killed by the aircraft, is to move frequently and keep AA-guns manned. Unfortunetly, its very common situation, when none of the players is interested in helping others, so AA-guns are usually empty...
AA guns are usually occupied unless all flags are controlled by 1 team, a lotta noobs want easy exp from those little buggers.

btw nice guide, also if you guys are russian and controlling a, go back and forth between the two sets of trees at the side of a, protects u from tanks hellfires and bombs unless they aim like a sniper Smile problem is, its hard to shoot through the trres also, but your only gonna use it as cover .
04-05-2011, 06:59 PM | Post: #18
Offline Mr.Spock_PL 
good job! I used your guide - 12000 points Smile
10-05-2011, 08:52 PM | Post: #19
Offline Fuzukin 
(02-05-2011 05:31 PM)strangers123 Wrote:  
(01-05-2011 01:58 PM)StickyNote Wrote:  i am alway do it, apc = easy scrore again aircraft i make 10-16k, but with apc as i said is to easy and its boring so i am using tank for it Tongue click

I would agree, it does sometimes get boring when you just shred their aircraft
Tanks downing jets just get noob jet pilots to rage on you. now THAT is AWESOME to read in the textfeed. Sad thing Xfire crashed P4f when I attempt to record. Started in recent days. Is this a bug or intended to stop us from recording gameplay?

try recording with fraps, theres a free version and paid version. free version is waaaay better than xfire
11-05-2011, 12:15 AM | Post: #20
Offline [KZ-0]Stupidus 
I don't understand the TOW missle; for it to hit successfully on targets do they need to be traced? It seems when I aim on things they will curve/miss.

[Image: 517cix.jpg]