Hello There, Guest!

22-04-2011, 07:33 AM | Post: #1
Offline Austy105 
I think we should be able to delete are character or change his looks for free. This would make the game a whole lot better. My problem is that I made two different characters and they both have different skin colors and different hair colors and I want to change the one so it match's the other one. If this is added to the game I will be very great full and make sure its free to delete or change looks.

Sign a big battlefield fan: Austy105
22-04-2011, 08:07 AM | Post: #2
Offline Tanis 
You realize that a IF they were to allow you to delete a soldier that weapon, gear, boosters that are on that soldier would be deleted as well since they are bound to that soldier.

As for changing the looks...maybe something in the shop but I am sure you won't get it for free.

[img]http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/655/taniscmsigd.png[img]
Thanks to Tobias for the sig! [] Dxdiag and HiJackThis
22-04-2011, 08:22 AM | Post: #3
Offline Sgt.TmH 
Exactly how would changing your soldier's looks make the game so much better?

It's not going to happen. And certainly not for free!

22-04-2011, 08:39 AM | Post: #4
Offline iStalker 
That wont happen cause freeloaders could easily farm credits.

22-04-2011, 03:21 PM | Post: #5
Offline SilverPaladin 
(22-04-2011 08:39 AM)iStalker Wrote:  That wont happen cause freeloaders could easily farm credits.

How about instead of "free" deletes, it costs a number of credits (equal to the amount of credits earned through level-ups) to delete a character?

At 500 creds/level up, deleting a L1 = 0 credits, but deleting, say, a L10 (who got you 5000 credits through levelling) costs (aka deducts) 5000 credits from the wallet...

I don't care much about the credits earned through play, you get the same credits for spending a round on the map as a L1 as a L20, whether you're a recon or assault. Also, why are you deleting a character if you're regularly posting as "best of class" at the end of missions???

Silver Paladin
... - field doc / AutobotRatchet - vehicular doc / Kinshaya - sharpshooting demon / Shinflik - rapidly removing shins, elbows and heads...
[Image: closedbetabfhachievemen.png]
22-04-2011, 03:40 PM | Post: #6
Offline Tanis 
If they charge at all for it they would most likely charge Battlefunds for it. Not a bad idea though.

22-04-2011, 03:45 PM | Post: #7
Offline Eastling-352 
Yeah they really need to add a delete character option, whether or not theyre charging for it.

The first character i created was a medic, i later created another medic because i wanted a different look to it, didnt know that you couldnt delete characters so now im sitting with a recon, assault and two medics... really blows.
22-04-2011, 03:49 PM | Post: #8
Offline BFBC2_FS_BFP4F 
I want to have a sever browser most important so you can see your ping, free apperal, and free weapons.

BFBC2_FS_BFP4F is awsome!Big Grin
22-04-2011, 03:52 PM | Post: #9
Offline Tanis 
(22-04-2011 03:49 PM)BFBC2_FS_BFP4F Wrote:  I want to have a sever browser most important so you can see your ping

Most likely the server browser and bookmarking will be introduced when the rental servers go online.

(22-04-2011 03:49 PM)BFBC2_FS_BFP4F Wrote:  free apparel, and free weapons.

You already get free weapons when you create the soldier. Sometimes EA will give out free apparel and will announce when they do so. Although at this time soldier customizations are disabled to prevent unnecessary lag. You can see them yourself but no one else can.

21-07-2011, 09:10 PM | Post: #10
Offline SpasticAss 
I support the idea of having a "delete soldier" option. Without the ability to delete a soldier, players will most likely take the free and easy option by making another e-mail then creating a superfluous account. I am not sure how the data is stored on your servers, but if someone just leaves an inactive account there won't be any money coming in from the account and it will simply take up memory on the server. If people are afraid that someone is going to take advantage of the delete soldier option then the players and developers can use the forums to come up with a solution which will allow players to delete soldiers and will not allow malicious players to take advantage of the game.

My suggestion on what a delete button should do:
Unless re-programming is easy enough that the forums and game etc. are all updated, you should not be able to delete your primary soldier. Any other soldier should be deletable. The delete should remove all assets except battlefunds the player has acquired using the deleted soldier. It should be made known to the player that battlefund items will be removed permanently. In this way people will not be able to "farm" credits. If you provide a 24 grace period to restore the soldier before permanent deletion hackers will not be able to delete a diligent player's characters.

Thats my thought.

P.S.
m16 rules Tongue
21-07-2011, 09:41 PM | Post: #11
Offline xbit272(aslt) 
(22-04-2011 03:52 PM)Tanis Wrote:  
(22-04-2011 03:49 PM)BFBC2_FS_BFP4F Wrote:  I want to have a sever browser most important so you can see your ping

Most likely the server browser and bookmarking will be introduced when the rental servers go online.

I hope so because BFH dosnt have it either yet if im not mistaken.
11-10-2011, 10:59 AM | Post: #12
Offline f3000d 
Since there is no credit-gain from leveling, I don't see any reason to disallow deletion of a character per user's own will.

I wanted to try a sniper and created one, and found out that I utterly suck with snipers in this particular game. I'm capable of doing better with medic even at long distances (+120 exp for distance kill with primary weapon, no random firing). And I lack [perseverance?] to learn to become a good sniper (due to ADHD), especially since snipers are gimped in this game: maps are heavily close-combat oriented, seeing far even with sniper is difficult, and how about that one particular skill. Per experience I can say, that if a (single) sniper doesn't get help, most likely he's going to die against my medic in a gunfight at long distance.

At this point I'd believe that you understand my frustrtation when I found out AFTERWARDS that you cannot delete a character.

Buying a new slot with real money just because I can't get rid of a character I'm not going to play, in a game that's "play for free"? I hope it's not EA's intent to drive people off with a greed.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2011 01:05 PM by f3000d.)
12-10-2011, 03:08 AM | Post: #13
Offline cmdkaill 
yep i agree made a medic with out knowing that i could not delete a character and now im stuck with a medic i don't want to play i want to change it to a engineer.
01-11-2011, 01:35 AM | Post: #14
Offline Chiave 
I absolutely support that idea. I think that if this happens, then it will not only be a pro for the other gamers, but it will allow more players to become less frustrated with their account and quit. This will probably result in a a gradual if not noticle growth in the ammount of players, which, is "good for business", I'd say.Idea
06-11-2011, 02:57 AM | Post: #15
Offline TheSCRebel 
I totally agree with the idea of deleting a character. I made a sniper and engineer and now i am stuck with a sniper that i dont even play. I really want to have a medic and an engineer. But now i have a sniper and engineer. I dont think that you should have to pay $5 freakin bucks just to get another character. I hope that someone that can make this feature happen will look at these posts and agree.
06-11-2011, 07:26 PM | Post: #16
Offline TechWizard 
So this the first time I played but I just really don't like the sniper but wanted to try it out but now what to switch to assault.
02-12-2011, 05:14 PM | Post: #17
Offline RayHu 
Hi every1!
I hate that I should pay to do certain things like getting a lot of clothes or deleting my character. I know that the most ppl are like that so I think I can say that: PLEASE DEVELOPERS CHANGE IT!
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2011 05:15 PM by RayHu.)
04-12-2011, 09:21 PM | Post: #18
Offline David.Armstrong 
Lol, no way to delete my own soldier - it is a shame /facepalm.jpg
Common, EA, even in such moneydrain as Need For Speed World players can delete their drivers (without speedboosts!! for free!!!), let us delete our unplayable recons and medics!
04-12-2011, 09:56 PM | Post: #19
Offline DeltaForce 
Unplayable Medic?

UH-60 Blackhawk: Guide Video
[Image: 5mLZc.png]
16-12-2011, 03:33 AM | Post: #20
Offline riotlord 
I want to delete my sniper... I'd much rather an assault... we need deletes