Hello There, Guest!

19-04-2011, 07:41 PM | Post: #1
Offline Lt.xSKiLLzZ 
This thing is massively overpowered... too much range, too powerful... either nerf its power or speed AND nerf its range. Its so annoying I cant describe it with words.

“Skill and confidence are an unconquered army.”
[Image: whateverp.png]
Thanks go out to Tobias, who created my awesome sig.
19-04-2011, 07:44 PM | Post: #2
Offline Wizlawz 
hold on a second... have you tried it yet? or were you on the recieving end of it?

[Image: 1977958]
19-04-2011, 07:45 PM | Post: #3
Offline Gandler 
I agree it does massive amounts of damage from a medium range, it can kill me faster than my assault rifle can even if I get the first hit. It should only be fully powerful at 20-25 feet max.
19-04-2011, 08:47 PM | Post: #4
Offline Lt.xSKiLLzZ 
(19-04-2011 07:44 PM)Wizlawz Wrote:  hold on a second... have you tried it yet? or were you on the recieving end of it?

Both, I have been on the recieving end numerous times and used it on my Assault when I was a noob, and I could still get a 2.0 K/D and I was a uber noob (One of my first 5 games).

19-04-2011, 08:48 PM | Post: #5
Offline Deeennia 
Tank beats everything?

[Image: DenniaSig.jpg]

Hey guys Dennia here.
19-04-2011, 08:50 PM | Post: #6
Offline Wizlawz 
when you were a what? and a Uber what now? never eard of such a thing!

ye so anyway i have tried it and i thought it suked , until that is i found to be on the recieving end of a skilled operator, then i was like oh hel ye! and have respected it ever since.

19-04-2011, 08:52 PM | Post: #7
Offline Fluff 
From what I've experienced, playing with it and being on the receiving end I think it's fine - That thing is designed to be a beast at a reasonable range, and it is in game. However, it is pathetic beyond a certain point. The thing is, it is effective out to a range where it can compete with an assault rifle's ideal range so you need to respect it and back off a bit.

Frankly if you've got your m16 or whatever and the USAS is consistently beating you, you need to perhaps question your tactics against it. Anyone using a shotgun is boned if you just back up and bring the fight out of his field - he'll have to try pistol while you light him up.

I know it's often too fast to think like that, but if you get it instinctive you'll be cleaning up every time.
19-04-2011, 08:58 PM | Post: #8
Offline Lt.xSKiLLzZ 
(19-04-2011 08:52 PM)Fluff Wrote:  From what I've experienced, playing with it and being on the receiving end I think it's fine - That thing is designed to be a beast at a reasonable range, and it is in game. However, it is pathetic beyond a certain point. The thing is, it is effective out to a range where it can compete with an assault rifle's ideal range so you need to respect it and back off a bit.

Frankly if you've got your m16 or whatever and the USAS is consistently beating you, you need to perhaps question your tactics against it. Anyone using a shotgun is boned if you just back up and bring the fight out of his field - he'll have to try pistol while you light him up.

I know it's often too fast to think like that, but if you get it instinctive you'll be cleaning up every time.

Thing is, Im a Engineer, so I use SMG's, so it is worse for me because if I run around a corner going to back reap someone, and encounter a USAS, its pretty much game over for me, unless I have time to drag my crosshair to his head, which I hardly never have time for...

(This post was last modified: 19-04-2011 08:59 PM by Lt.xSKiLLzZ.)
19-04-2011, 09:07 PM | Post: #9
Offline bgivenb 
A skilled user never gets into the open where he can be shot, so you'll never know how much they suck at longer ranges. They are good for one thing only; kicking ass at point blank. Easy designed the game with rock-paper-scissors balancing, so just get out of the shotgun range, and you'll have the kill every time, guaranteed. It does NOT need nerfing!

[Image: IkEywtv12L9swBApdVfyEBkv2.png]
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2011 09:17 PM by bgivenb.)
19-04-2011, 09:10 PM | Post: #10
Offline Clerlic 
It's a shotgun, it's supposed to be powerful at close range, just tried it, no nerfing necessary IMO.
19-04-2011, 09:15 PM | Post: #11
Offline [TA]Stufa 
(19-04-2011 09:07 PM)bgivenb Wrote:  A skilled user never gets into the open where he can be shot, so you'll never know how much they suck at longer ranges. They are good for one thing only; kicking backside at point blank. Easy designed the game with rock-paper-scissors balancing, so just get out of the shotgun range, and you'll have the kill every time, guaranteed. It does NOT need nerfing! Wow! if I say the a word, it changes to backside! ...The F word? duck This is sooo cool! S word? not so good lolololol piece of flipping not so good! female dog! ****! male appendage! part of the human anatomy! part of the female anatomy! OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!! male chicken!

Agree, it doesn't need nerfing. Yes ive used it, and yes ive been killed by it.

[IMG][/IMG]
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2011 09:15 PM by [TA]Stufa.)
19-04-2011, 09:16 PM | Post: #12
Offline Doomblade187 
I've used it recently, and it's fine if you ask me. It takes about half a clip to kill someone at medium range unsighted, and it does its job as a shotgun. It still takes multiple shots at close range for a kill, too. Now, what EASY needs to do is buff the pump-action shotguns.

[Image: swordsig.png]
19-04-2011, 09:19 PM | Post: #13
Offline Terminal 
HELL NO...this gun should NEVER be nerfed!

I've never played with it myself...but this thing is a terror in close quarters and my adrenaline gets going hearing it plug away as I'm stalking the back alleys of Karkand and Sharqi! I love the challenge of facing someone who can handle it well.

Pretty anecdotal I know...but automatic shot guns aren't meant to be pellet guns. And just think about it...could you find a better example of the old idiom, "All bark and no bite," than a nerfed nutless USAS-12? That sound is a thing of beauty!
19-04-2011, 09:24 PM | Post: #14
Offline Fluff 
(19-04-2011 08:58 PM)Lt.xSKiLLzZ Wrote:  Thing is, Im a Engineer, so I use SMG's, so it is worse for me because if I run around a corner going to back reap someone, and encounter a USAS, its pretty much game over for me, unless I have time to drag my crosshair to his head, which I hardly never have time for...

I do too - with my p90 I just drop a knee and unload into the guys centre mass. I get hurt quite a lot, but overall it works, and that's what medics are for. If I die, well it is a full auto shotgun at very close range.
19-04-2011, 09:48 PM | Post: #15
Offline Lt.xSKiLLzZ 
Guys it has the range of a SMG within reason -.- Not just point-blank range...

19-04-2011, 09:52 PM | Post: #16
Offline [TA]Stufa 
You know they dont shoot bullets right? They shoot at u from a medium distance and they WILL hit u bcs of the splash dmg they do. Cant get in better words, if only i could use spanish to say it ^^, but its not allowed Wink

[IMG][/IMG]
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2011 09:53 PM by [TA]Stufa.)
19-04-2011, 09:53 PM | Post: #17
Offline Lt.xSKiLLzZ 
Despite what you are saying, it still needs to be nerfed. But everyone has different opinions.

19-04-2011, 09:54 PM | Post: #18
Offline [TA]Stufa 
Yep and you're wrong (joke Wink )

[IMG][/IMG]
19-04-2011, 10:18 PM | Post: #19
Offline Wizlawz 
(19-04-2011 09:53 PM)Lt.xSKiLLzZ Wrote:  But everyone has different opinions.

+1 as it should be

19-04-2011, 10:55 PM | Post: #20
Offline =Reconnaissance= 
The problem with the USAS-12 is not so much the range or the rate of fire on it but the fact that it doesn't really have that much of a kickback to it when firing full auto. What you got to remember is that anything point blank with it is going to be devestating because the shell has not had the time to explode and expand the mini bullets leaving a nice sizable chunk missing from you whereas anything past a certain point wont be a kill shot because it looses force and alot of the fragments will likely miss.