Hello There, Guest!

19-04-2011, 04:33 AM | Post: #1
Offline RollandCarter 
I'm just old fashion but I don't think a heli should not take a tank round and still be able to fly. Tank rounds drop rate is crazy and slow travel speed it is hard to snipe a heli with a tank from a far. But if a heli is nubbly diving in front of a tank I think it should go down in one hit, since a heli can kill a tank in less then 3 hits (which are easy to hit.) Same goes with a jet, if a tank hits you, your asking to die. For APC's keep as is, it's really easy to snipe with an APC, do it all the time. RPG too I think need to be beefed up for aircraft damage.
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2011 04:34 AM by RollandCarter.)
19-04-2011, 04:37 AM | Post: #2
Offline xXFALL3NxHEROXx 
I'm pretty sure it's that way for balancing or something. I agree however if you do manage to hit the heli then it should go down. RPG's are unpredictable when coupled with tracer darts against aircraft...which sucks.

12/20/11
19-04-2011, 04:42 AM | Post: #3
Offline DRMBJames 
I just a heli down with two tank shells, it didn't seem to be to be to hard. Possibly this is something that may need to be addressed, since from what i have seen tanks and mg's are about the only thing that can touch airsupport on the ground
19-04-2011, 04:56 AM | Post: #4
Offline Iota 
(19-04-2011 04:42 AM)DRMBJames Wrote:  I just a heli down with two tank shells, it didn't seem to be to be to hard. Possibly this is something that may need to be addressed, since from what i have seen tanks and mg's are about the only thing that can touch airsupport on the ground

I shot down 5 helis (3 attack, 2 transport) with an APC and another transport with an AUG.

This game sucks at promoting realism. Also They made the heli able to take a couple tank rounds cause it is way too easy to aim. Making it 1 shot kill helis is like giving snipers 1 shot bodyshots
19-04-2011, 05:19 AM | Post: #5
Offline UselessB 
I think the damage is fine. I've knocked out both heli's and jets with the tank. It would be nice if the barrel would raise a little higher though.

<Inappropriate signature removed by HomeSen (read the Forum Rules, again)>

Stating that EA removed content from my account without my permission, after telling me that they wouldn't, is inappropriate.
19-04-2011, 05:22 AM | Post: #6
Offline Kellytm3 
Ive had no problems obliterating everything that flies with a tank and APC,even back in BF2 it wasnt hard.People accuse me of cheating if I get to many kills that way.

[Image: Marine_corps_flag-1.gif]
19-04-2011, 05:54 AM | Post: #7
Offline RollandCarter 
(19-04-2011 05:22 AM)Kellytm3 Wrote:  Ive had no problems obliterating everything that flies with a tank and APC,even back in BF2 it wasnt hard.People accuse me of cheating if I get to many kills that way.

APC isn't the problem I woop anything with that with opness XD just if you have a full health tank vs full health heli and you shoot at the cockpit of the heli..... they should be dead for swooping at a tank really -_- all they have to do is make the cockpit not protect the pilots, which would make any guy with a gun more able to take down a heli in the sense of the people are dead in it.
19-04-2011, 06:08 AM | Post: #8
Offline LifeSavers 
Tanks shouldn't be the ones taking down aircraft, very unbalanced.
especially the annoying APC noobs, those have faster fire rate.
19-04-2011, 06:14 AM | Post: #9
Offline RollandCarter 
(19-04-2011 06:08 AM)LifeSavers Wrote:  Tanks shouldn't be the ones taking down aircraft, very unbalanced.
especially the annoying APC noobs, those have faster fire rate.

APC are op and I like Smile. Just need some penalty for a heli taking a tank on 1v1 and making the glass of a cockpit magically work like armor would help a lot making it realistic too.
19-04-2011, 05:03 PM | Post: #10
Offline Morrogh 
it is possible to shoot the pilot (or gunner) out of the cockpit, you just have to aim well .. although i think it only works with heavy weapons like apc/tank shell or rpg/stinger rocket.

/sign here if you want squads in BFP4F!