Hello There, Guest!

18-04-2011, 08:52 PM | Post: #1
Offline HURRDURR
Introduction:
If you created an assault you most likely did it because you like going for flags, killing people deep behind enemy lines, turning the tide of the battle.
However it requires game intelligence to do your job right, which you can't really improve by reading guides but some tips can be useful to improve your gameplay.

Strategies:

What to do if my team is pinned down to one flag?
The enemy is most likely stretched thin to watch out for every possible route, take the long route and flank them to ease the pressure on your teammates, if you're doing it right there are 6 people going after you while your team is already neutralizing a flag, if you're awesome you capped a flag alone and hold it until your teammates arrive.

What to do if my team holds two flags yet we're losing?
These situations often turn into a stalemate where both sides are fighting over the control of one chokepoint, once again don't be afraid to take the long route to kill enemies from the behind, or even better cap a barely protected flag.

What to do if my team holds two flags and we're winning?
First of all, watch out for armor! If a tank tries to neutralize one of your flags get into the flag area and avoid the tankshells, spot, tag and nade it until it retreats or gets destroyed.
It's important to defend the flags between your flag and the enemy spawnpoint, not behind your flag because it's much harded to push through your frontlines if you put pressure on the other team, so in case you die you can respawn at the same flag because the other team most likely didn't have enough time to neutralize it.

How should I approach flag areas?
It's one of the most important things to know where will enemies respawn if you kill them, most of the flags have 2-3 spawnpoints for each team, some of them are the same for both teams some are not, memorize them.
I prefer to flank enemy positions and harass them till half of the other team is coming after me, so teammates can easily push for the flag or just advance to better positions, if you prefer to go for flags use request reinforcements and your smoke grenade.

Abilities:

Frag grenades 4/4: This is a must have for every assault, use them to force enemies to retreat from important chokepoints while you're advancing, harass tanks and apcs with them, use them to prevent enemies from flanking you while you're busy capping a flag.
If you died without throwing all your frag grenades you're doing something wrong (or you're getting spawnraped).

Smoke grenades 1/5: Hide yourself from the other team, it can be the key to success when you cap a flag, use them every chance you get or you'll completely forget to use them when it's neccesary.

Improved Threat Awareness 4/4: Another must have, it helps you to know when to engage and when to run for cover.

Tactical Threat Awareness 2+/4: When an enemy shoots in your general direction his nametag will pop up, a nice addition to Improved Threat Awareness.

Request Reinforcements 1/1: Teammates who die in your general area will respawn on you, use this when you're in a strategically important area and you see teammates dying near you, activate it after they died because if you take damage it gets cancelled and you have to wait a minute to use it again.

Increase Sprint Speed 1/1: Must have, increases your sprint speed by 20%.

Ammo Box 1/4: It's worth a point to instanly refill your AR without slowing down, don't forget to drop ammo boxes to engineers even if they didn't ask for it.

Other abilites:

Combat Resilence: This is a nice thing to have, a fully upgraded medbox will heal you from 1hp to 100 in a second or two if you have it maxed out.

Power Climb: Kinda against the purpose of the class, but if you like ladders feel free to put a point in it.

Grenade Combat Awareness: Not worth a point, but if you have nothing to spend it on it's the most useful out of the rest.

Dead Man's Trigger: Same as Grenade Combat Awareness.

Don't even bother:

Tactical Reflexes: You should be aware of hostiles in areas if you're using your mind, Tactical Threat Awareness is way more useful because it actually shows the nametags and you don't even have to get hit.

Safe fall: You can get off anything without losing more than 4 hp.

Avoid Tripwire: People barely use claymores anymore, you can trip them and get away with it without getting damaged most of the time.

Advanced Combat Supply: Way to waste 4 points.

Weapons:
G3A4: Low damage but managable recoil, if you like it for some reason stick with it, you have to be more careful though.
M16: If you're lazy or can't control recoil it can net you quite a few kills but if you're skilled
The AEK is more rewarding, it's one of the best guns in the game, use two shot bursts at any range, the recoil is barely noticable and you'll kill guys at 90 range with ~10-15 bullets.
M4A1: The bouncy sideways recoil makes it harded to land shots as efficiently as the AEK, stay away from it.
SCAR-L: THE assault rifle, if you learn to use it it's the best gun in the game, use it as semi auto at med-long range.
AUG: The sideways recoil is definitely something to get used to, but once you get it right it's a beast. It's more suited to close range encounters but using it as semi auto can get you lots of kills on long range, but it isn't really worth it because it's damage is lower than the SCAR's.

Gameplay vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rkeLZGQfKg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89wik_xOmOc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXTaSXmOE4c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zKGsCaweyw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N76xFE9ZC2Q

Fun fact: Heli rockets are refilled by the ammo box, if you have a friend in the attack chopper drop a box outside the AA's range and profit.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2011 07:14 PM by HURRDURR.)
18-04-2011, 09:11 PM | Post: #2
Offline Solid 
Nice Guide Smile

P.S With the AUG you can do both, control the recoil & killing 2+ in under a sec Wink

[Image: b6975638bd.png]
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2011 09:12 PM by Solid.)
18-04-2011, 09:17 PM | Post: #3
Offline WhiteEvil 
Better follow this guide, best assault I've ever met Smile

[Image: jorensigpe2.gif]
18-04-2011, 09:29 PM | Post: #4
Offline HURRDURR
(18-04-2011 09:11 PM)Solid Wrote:  Nice Guide Smile

P.S With the AUG you can do both, control the recoil & killing 2+ in under a sec Wink

it's hard to control something that doesn't exist Tongue
18-04-2011, 09:40 PM | Post: #5
Offline Savato 
Made me rethink some of my abilities.
Great guide.

Savato ~ Assault
Archetype ~ Engineer
Paraskevi ~ Recon
Thirteen ~ Medic
Scald ~ Assault
18-04-2011, 10:35 PM | Post: #6
Offline (13th)CaptEdster 
Cool guide!! I'll definetley be making some changes to my Assault. Although isn't putting ammo box at 1/4 a bit skimpy? Anyways great guide, thanks for this.
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2011 10:38 PM by (13th)CaptEdster.)
18-04-2011, 10:38 PM | Post: #7
Offline iloveVODKA 
Nice guide, thx!

[Image: 2954yoo.png]
ingame: iloveVODKA, iloveETHANOL, amphetamine, 5tons
18-04-2011, 10:42 PM | Post: #8
Offline Synapsenpogo 
Please add this:

Should be taken for granted, but the reality is diffrent:

Rule 1: Supply your team with ammo!
Rule 2: Supply your team with ammo!
Rule 3: Keep using the Tracer Gun as often as you can!
Rule 4: Try to drop Ammo-Boxes in "safe" Corners on the map, even if no one special requests them.

If your Recon-Teammates have no ammo, they can´t support you as Snipers!
If your Engineer-Teammates have no ammo, they can´t destroy Tanks, Helis, jets and so on!

"Burn the Bridges, forge your head, to the hilt!"
[Image: sig2.jpg]
19-04-2011, 01:45 AM | Post: #9
Offline HURRDURR
(18-04-2011 10:42 PM)Synapsenpogo Wrote:  Please add this:

Rule 4: Try to drop Ammo-Boxes in "safe" Corners on the map, even if no one special requests them.

If your Engineer-Teammates have no ammo, they can´t destroy Tanks, Helis, jets and so on!

the drop ammo for engineers advice is already in the guide, idc about recons especially if they start screaming for ammo on the crane/hotel
19-04-2011, 01:53 AM | Post: #10
Online Healin4ev3r 
You should change the title to "exair a.k.a HURRDURR" or people will get confused Tongue

[Image: xhUzq]

Honey Badger
PTFO
19-04-2011, 01:53 AM | Post: #11
Offline SnakeXT 
(19-04-2011 01:45 AM)HURRDURR Wrote:  

the drop ammo for engineers advice is already in the guide, idc about recons especially if they start screaming for ammo on the crane/hotel

Yeh thats pretty funny.. hearing recons screaming for ammo on tall buildings.. and you're like, u want me to climb up and give u ammo?

[Image: snakext.png]

No Fee For The 1st Month.
Aged 18 and over? Visit http://www.oldguys.eu
19-04-2011, 02:04 AM | Post: #12
Offline HURRDURR
(19-04-2011 01:53 AM)SnakeXT Wrote:  
(19-04-2011 01:45 AM)HURRDURR Wrote:  

Yeh thats pretty funny.. hearing recons screaming for ammo on tall buildings.. and you're like, u want me to climb up and give u ammo?

once i actually climbed all the way up to the hotel (i was bored), dropped a box for the guy and the next second he died so i activated req reinforcements to get him back but he died as soon as he respawned on me, then i got killed too ;D
19-04-2011, 02:18 AM | Post: #13
Offline Sgt.TmH 
(19-04-2011 02:04 AM)HURRDURR Wrote:  once i actually climbed all the way up to the hotel (i was bored), dropped a box for the guy and the next second he died so i activated req reinforcements to get him back but he died as soon as he respawned on me, then i got killed too ;D

No good deed goes unpunished.

19-04-2011, 02:38 AM | Post: #14
Offline IgnisSolus 
EDIT: Nevermind, I got it sorted out.
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2011 04:11 AM by IgnisSolus.)
19-04-2011, 11:00 AM | Post: #15
Offline SikPuppyEngi 
Nice one, I agree with your skill assessment, except deadmans trigger. This always gives me those few extra kills particularly on sharqui, or when rushing a group of enemies camping a spot.

A link to one of your frapped rounds should be linked in the guide, as an awesome example of how to play.
19-04-2011, 12:50 PM | Post: #16
Offline HURRDURR
(19-04-2011 11:00 AM)SikPuppyEngi Wrote:  Nice one, I agree with your skill assessment, except deadmans trigger. This always gives me those few extra kills particularly on sharqui, or when rushing a group of enemies camping a spot.

A link to one of your frapped rounds should be linked in the guide, as an awesome example of how to play.

good idea, i added one of my rounds
19-04-2011, 01:24 PM | Post: #17
Offline [G1]KEL 
Quote:Advanced Combat Supply: Way to waste 4 points.

yea, teamplay, though.. :\
19-04-2011, 01:50 PM | Post: #18
Offline HURRDURR
(19-04-2011 01:24 PM)KO3blPb Wrote:  
Quote:Advanced Combat Supply: Way to waste 4 points.

yea, teamplay, though.. :\

putting 1 point in ammo box is more than enough, actually my assault doesn't even have any points in the ammo box yet its more than enough to refill anyone who needs it
19-04-2011, 02:22 PM | Post: #19
Offline fras3r
Nice work Ex.

I like the Heli re-arming tip - I use it on HUMVEE/Vodnik to refil to 50 after every burst.
Now ill be using my assault for some heli action too Big Grin
19-04-2011, 04:14 PM | Post: #20
Offline HaLlak65 
smoke grenades can't refilled anymore, but 1 smoke is good enough

"A sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!"

HaLlak65 - engineer
HaLlak65m - medic
KisCsako_H65 - assault
Csipa_H65 - recon

Sorry for the bad english, feel free to correct me...