Hello There, Guest!

15-04-2011, 02:03 AM | Post: #1
Offline snake_eater94 
Hello BFP4F community. snake_Eater94 here. Smile

I have recently found the fix to the "failed to move file" error when trying to update the game.

First you need to find out what file is having problems moving. (When you get the error click "cancel" and it will say that "renddx9.dll" or "BFP4F.exe", etc could not be moved)

Next you need to navigate to your BFP4F installed directory and locate the file that is having errors. (Default: C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free")

Next you need to DELETE that file (renddx9.dll or BFP4F.exe, etc) and then try updating the game again.

If you don't know what you're doing then just take a look at THIS thread, and I will fix your problem for you.

Thanks for reading,

~snake_eater94.

[Image: eAd35T]

Need Personal Assistance? Contact me HERE.
(This post was last modified: 15-04-2011 02:03 AM by snake_eater94.)
16-04-2011, 04:29 PM | Post: #2
Offline 0-SafeSoldier 
Hey snake_eater, the error message that appears for me is:

Failed to move the file:

C:\Program Files\Ea Games\Battlefield Play4Free\tempPatch\patched\mods\main\Levels\Gulf_of_Oman\client.zip

to:

C:\Program Files\Ea Games\Battlefield Play4Free\mods\main\Levels\Gulf_of_Oman\client.zip

I'm not altogether sure how to get round this issue, and I hope this is the right place to post this, can you help?
21-04-2011, 01:09 PM | Post: #3
Offline CARXOFA 
My error is similar:
Failed to move the file:
C:/Program Files/EA Games/Battlefield/Play4Free/tempPatch/patched/mods/main/Levels/Sharqi/client.zip
to:
C:/Program Files/EA Games/Battlefield/Play4Free/mods/main/Levels/Sharqi/client.zip

I dn't know what to do... Sad
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2011 01:13 PM by CARXOFA.)
21-04-2011, 01:20 PM | Post: #4
Offline HomeSen 
You can either delete that file:
Code:
C:/Program Files/EA Games/Battlefield/Play4Free/mods/main/Levels/Sharqi/client.zip

Or just uninstall the game via ControlPanel->Add/Remove Programs and then install it again using the "Play Now" button.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

10-08-2011, 06:41 PM | Post: #5
Offline kryptonite420 
delete the file and still the problem
02-02-2012, 11:46 PM | Post: #6
Offline [FRN]HammerHand 
I NEED HELP !!

Failed to move file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free\tempPatch\patchad\mods\main\Objects\Effects_server.zip

to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free\mods\main\Objects\Effects_server.zip

Tell me how I can do this step by step, we do not understand computers very well and I want to install this game!

Remembering that I had already installed it long ago, but I do not want to uninstall and install again !

HELP ME !
18-02-2012, 11:40 PM | Post: #7
Offline Espenbs 
(02-02-2012 11:46 PM)Mercenario-TOP Wrote:  I NEED HELP !!

Failed to move file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free\tempPatch\patchad\mods\main\Objects\Effects_server.zip

to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free\mods\main\Objects\Effects_server.zip

Tell me how I can do this step by step, we do not understand computers very well and I want to install this game!

Remembering that I had already installed it long ago, but I do not want to uninstall and install again !

HELP ME !
I got the same issue help me too!
25-02-2012, 11:49 PM | Post: #8
Offline SoldierMartoon 
I have got the problem that it can't move the file to the other because it is in use. But as far as I know it isn't. I've already closed all my stuff and tried again but it didn't work. The file that is in use is C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free\tempPatch\patched\mods\main\Levels\Downtown

Please Help!
05-04-2012, 07:56 PM | Post: #9
Offline afeermirg 
Cheers, worked straight away.
29-12-2012, 12:56 AM | Post: #10
Offline apinasotilas 
still doesnt work?!?!
29-12-2012, 12:58 AM | Post: #11
Offline apinasotilas 
Failed to move this file: BP4f.exe , when was patching
28-02-2014, 11:59 AM | Post: #12
Offline davorc 
ined help BFP4f.exeBFP4f.exe problm
she dont want to run
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!