Hello There, Guest!

11-04-2011, 09:15 PM | Post: #1
Offline HaLlak65 
Finally I have a lvl 18 recon to make this guide. So....

There are 2 type of recon: Sniper and Hunter.
The sniper is useful on long ranges so uses sniper rifle.
The hunter use shotgun and stay close to the enemy.
All the 2 types have to use some good pistol to medium range. I prefer M1911 vet cuz it has the highest damage.
I don't use claymore, it has more problems then advantages: It can shoot out, it "die" with you, it see more than suppose to be and blow off early.

Sniper

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=b6ebc7f3f3137e...e97e0b921a]

- You have to slow down with this build or you can die very easily, don't rush ahead, stay out of the enemy's sight as long as possible
- helicopter training is good for reach very fast higher ground on Oman
- grenade is not so important cuz it has short range, but I like hurting vehicles
- the "ball" is useful when you have to change your position and it has some team play effect too.
- I think the multispot a little unimportant in this stage of the game

Hunter

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=91e1573b614265...5b32459ea6]

- Rush, rush, rush. This is your tactic. Avoid the open spaces, stay close to the covers and alleys.
- first put the point to the combat expertises to reach the running skill
- the "ball" is very important, this will cover your a lot.
- grenade is good against some campers and/or vehicles
- dead man hand is good support for the rusher gameplay.
- I prefer USAS 12, the simple version, not the vet. The vet has not much more dmg.
- I like to fly, if you don't, put the rest on the dead man hand

Feel free to post your build!

Attached File(s)
.jpg  Névtelen.jpg (Size: 102.3 KB / Downloads: 3088)
.jpg  Névtelen2.jpg (Size: 116.43 KB / Downloads: 3119)

"A sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!"

HaLlak65 - engineer
HaLlak65m - medic
KisCsako_H65 - assault
Csipa_H65 - recon

Sorry for the bad english, feel free to correct me...
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2011 09:59 PM by HaLlak65.)
12-04-2011, 02:16 AM | Post: #2
Offline Slodin 
I'm not planning on having grenades at all...since I try to be far from enemies as possible..
im lvl 13...and currently having

2 motion sensor (i want this maxed in the future)
2 ammo (maxed)
1 claymore (increase to 2 or 3 in the future)
1 helicopter (maxed, i like to fly too)
3 spotting (maybe max it, i like to spot for the team..even tho no points -_-||)
1 power climb (maxed)
1 jog speed (maxed)
1 sprint speed (maxed)
12-04-2011, 02:24 AM | Post: #3
Offline GhostRecon36 
Im level 8 and I tend to just run around with the sniper and do hit n run tactics. It has worked well consistently for me so far. I use
2 grenade
1 ammo
1 power climb
1 motion sensor
Later I'm planing on getting the speed boosts on jog and sprint but I don't have the skill points yet.

"Everyone worse than you is a noob, but everyone better has no life."
-Words to Live by

[Image: th_trollin.png]
12-04-2011, 02:48 PM | Post: #4
Offline HURRDURR
this one's mine, i used a different setup for shotty and sniper recon but this one seems to work fine with both
[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=bb4a47e797c89a...99e04483a4]

Attached File(s)
.jpg  recon2.jpg (Size: 226.85 KB / Downloads: 3071)

12-04-2011, 05:37 PM | Post: #5
Offline Pon1 
why does nobody spend points on threat awareness? is it not usefull?

[Image: 3vvprlpu.png]
12-04-2011, 06:15 PM | Post: #6
Offline DeadRabbit 
Threat awareness doesn't seem that useful because it's not often that players run in a squad formation.

Watching how my own team plays (which should give you an idea of how the other players work together as well), they all run towards the same locations but from different directions so until they reach that single spot threat awareness has no use.
12-04-2011, 06:18 PM | Post: #7
Offline Pon1 
Ok, thank you. And would you say i should spend points on claymore or frag grenade?

12-04-2011, 06:57 PM | Post: #8
Offline Zaanko 
Here is my Setup, and i've got to say it works Really Good =)

[Image: dfgdd.jpg]

[Image: aug1.png]

Hardcored-Highest Competition http://www.hardcoredgaming.com
12-04-2011, 09:27 PM | Post: #9
Offline Pon1 
ty, looks good. i think i will not spend points on safe fall and heli and spend them on coaxial machinegun. because i can not fly heli and i never die from falling..

12-04-2011, 09:53 PM | Post: #10
Offline HaLlak65 
(12-04-2011 06:57 PM)Zaanko Wrote:  Here is my Setup, and i've got to say it works Really Good =)

How the heck do you have 20 points? Smile

"A sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!"

HaLlak65 - engineer
HaLlak65m - medic
KisCsako_H65 - assault
Csipa_H65 - recon

Sorry for the bad english, feel free to correct me...
12-04-2011, 11:26 PM | Post: #11
Offline ZillaCZE 
This is my setup for recon.But this is only for real "recon" Who dont know how to fly or dont like it,just set this point to tactical threat awareness

Quote:Threat awareness doesn't seem that useful because it's not often that players run in a squad formation.

I dont agree with this.For example on sharqi is this skill very useful

Attached File(s)
.jpg  Recon.JPG (Size: 140.89 KB / Downloads: 158)

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2011 11:28 PM by ZillaCZE.)
12-04-2011, 11:57 PM | Post: #12
Offline dan958 
I prefere using my own set-up.
13-04-2011, 01:15 AM | Post: #13
Offline Coatl 
So, im the only one spaming "enemy" in the area? Tongue
[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=dc1e7c0282989c...e28cbe5725]

Attached File(s)
.jpg  BFP4f 2011-04-12 19-01-15-21.jpg (Size: 46.77 KB / Downloads: 3135)

(This post was last modified: 13-04-2011 01:15 AM by Coatl.)
13-04-2011, 08:03 AM | Post: #14
Offline ZackNaft 
Here is my Setup, and i've got to say it works Really Good =)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have the picture placed 20 points. How can this be? I have a level 15 and 14 points, as I understand it at level 20 I will have 19 points. 20 level last, right??
13-04-2011, 08:05 AM | Post: #15
Offline ZackNaft 
(12-04-2011 06:57 PM)Zaanko Wrote:  Here is my Setup, and i've got to say it works Really Good =)

You have the picture placed 20 points. How can this be? I have a level 15 and 14 points, as I understand it at level 20 I will have 19 points. 20 level last, right??
Sorry for the previous one.TongueTongueTongue
13-04-2011, 07:14 PM | Post: #16
Offline TacOps 
Most of the recon skills are useless in their application in the game.

My build is simple:

2/2 ammo
4/4 grenades (they do come in handy)
5/5 Claymores (when you have 5 of them you can make a deadly minefield.. I get many kills defending flags with these babies...and real good at protecting your ladder access)
1/1 helo
1/1 power climb
1/1 safe fall.

The next points i'll be putting into claymore avoidance (sprint+jog), sprint and jog bonus.

Why I don't use the other recon skills:

Sensor: Duration of sensor is too short, range is too short. In this game, hardly anyone checks the map and when/if they do, any sensor detected target will be halfway around the map by the time the person can turn around or get to a firing LOS on the detected target. In other words: useless skill.

Spotter: Really? Spend points to map-report more than 1 target? WHO CARES. The only targets worth spotting are vehicles and helos and that IF anyone bothers to look at the map for it. On paper a great skill, in application its pointless.

See enemy health: Umm.. what for? As a sniper you really don't have the time nor the chance to say 'hey, this guy is full health so i'll go for a head shot' or 'hey he's hurt one shot and his nuts hang on my wall' .. you TAKE the shot and try your best to make it a headshot. Waste of a point.

Detect enemy firing on you: When you get hit you dont have time to look around for the nametage, you get yourself behind cover and PRAY the guy isnt shooting at you from behind because if he is you're dead anyways. This skill is only useful for medics who can keep healing themselves. For recon its a waste of a point.
13-04-2011, 11:53 PM | Post: #17
Offline Zaanko 
(13-04-2011 08:05 AM)ZackNaft Wrote:  

Sorry for the previous one.TongueTongueTongue

Actualy here i was lvl 18, now i'm lvl 20 with 25 Training points (It happends because of XP glitch.. i go in random game, i lvl up and leave the server in a while, and when i come in Menu, my rank resets back for 1 lvl, but the Training point stays ... xD and when i got my lvl again i got another point.. and my rank was reseted about 7-8 times, but sometimes it happend just before i got lvl)

[Image: aug1.png]

Hardcored-Highest Competition http://www.hardcoredgaming.com
14-04-2011, 07:14 AM | Post: #18
Offline Lost-Bullet 
what tha h... o.o worst build that i've ever seen, combat resilience? that dont raise ur healt, only give u healt more quicky from medi packs
A sniper with no Advance reconneisse? no good sniper, even no tactical threat awareness? no good sniper, and why do u need nade? uf this is a build for recons u dont need nade. And why training in more ammo? If u cant kill it whit 1-2 shoot just forget him, and no avoid trip hire? bah worst build that 've seen
14-04-2011, 07:40 AM | Post: #19
Offline SoldierofDeath 
(13-04-2011 07:14 PM)TacOps Wrote:  Why I don't use the other recon skills:

Sensor: Duration of sensor is too short, range is too short. In this game, hardly anyone checks the map and when/if they do, any sensor detected target will be halfway around the map by the time the person can turn around or get to a firing LOS on the detected target. In other words: useless skill.

Spotter: Really? Spend points to map-report more than 1 target? WHO CARES. The only targets worth spotting are vehicles and helos and that IF anyone bothers to look at the map for it. On paper a great skill, in application its pointless.

That useless sensor has saved my A$$ enough to warrant the points spent into it. Try maxing it out and use it on karkand and Sharqi.

As for the spotting it helps the team (if you have a decent one they will use the map) And I agree that the only targets worth spotting are vehicles. Because an engineer that gets out isn't worth shooting? Tongue

[Image: 67525.jpg]

SoldierofDeath-Recon
SoldierofLife-Medic
14-04-2011, 07:50 AM | Post: #20
Offline Poni 
(14-04-2011 07:14 AM)Lost-Bullet Wrote:  And why training in more ammo? If u cant kill it whit 1-2 shoot just forget him, and no avoid trip hire? bah worst build that 've seen

I train ammo, too. Because if you die very less you will run out of ammo sooner or later except you find ammo box..

[Image: 7kmteesr.jpg]

Sorry for bad English