Hello There, Guest!

10-04-2011, 06:05 PM | Post: #1
Offline iStalker 
[Image: helicopterbanner.png]

The map Oman has finaly released and this gave us the oppertunity to check out & test the new Attack Helicopters. I will introduce the Attack Helicopters that have become available and how to get started with them. This guide will help you to learn everything is needed to know about Attack Helicopters.
The guide is still in development and will be extended/updated from time to time. So stay close!

Please note that we are still in early stages of the OPEN BETA and that many things can change during the developments. Some information may not be 100% accurate or correct.

Feel free to ask Questions or Suggest something new and or correct me if somethings wrong.

Table of Content:

Controls & Settings
  1. Keyboard and Mouse
  2. Training Points

HUD & Weapons
  1. Speed & Altitude
  2. Offensive Modes
  3. Defensive Modes
  4. Warnings & other important messages/symbols
  5. Orientation & Coordination
  6. The Attack Helicopters

Tips & more
  1. Downloads
  2. Videos
  3. I'm a Helicopter Pilot Signatures (coming soon)
  4. Link this Thread (coming soon)

About the Guide
  1. Version History
  2. Special thank to
  3. About the Author

Note:
Some phrases/images are copied out of Johnysnake's Jet Guide.
Feel free to visit this Guide as well.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2011 06:09 PM by iStalker.)
10-04-2011, 06:06 PM | Post: #2
Offline iStalker 
Controls & Settings

1. Keyboard and Mouse

[Image: controls.png]

(A Joystick is unnecessary for piloting an Helicopter.)

2. Training Points

[Image: helicopterperk.png]

Helicopter Pilot Training
Before you can enter a helicopter you need to be sure that you spent 1 point in: Helicopter Pilot Training.
Unless you invest in this skill, you will not be able to fly a Heli.

[Image: threat.png]

Improved Thread Awareness
Reveals enemy name tags more quickly when scouting down range. Added training points (four total) increase the level of threat awareness. Usefulness: Perhaps the best Combat Expertise skill there is. This skill will allow a player to spot distant or obscured targets, and with practice, eliminate, spot or tag them without detection.

[Image: vehicles.png]

Engineering Damage Assesment
Allows you to view the current health of any occupied vehicle. It´s nice and practical to see the current health of your prey during dogfights.

HUD & Weapons

1. Speed & Altitude

[Image: speedalude.png]

Speed will make the Helicopter moving forward. Speed aslo determines you ability to manouver the Helicopter, without speed you simply could not fly.
Altitude is the height on which your Helicopter is.

2. Offensive Modes

[Image: weaponst.png]

1st: Unguided missiles which are very effective against heavy Tanks and groups of infantry.
To destroy an enemy heavy Tank you need to fire all of those missiles in order to destroy it.
Also if there are groups of Infantry its very effective because you can fire 15 of them.

2nd: Hellfire missiles are extremely effective against groups of enemy vehicles if you combine them
with the unguided missiles. Also if you're shooting a building with infantry in it they're very
effective. You can also destroy an light vehicle by just firing both of those missiles.
Note: These missiles reload much faster then the unguided ones. But you just got two of them.

3. Defensive Modes

[Image: flare.png]

Flares are used to get rid of approaching missiles (From an APC,Jet,...). You should only use them when you hear the *Beeeeeeeeep* warning. If you just hear the *Beep Beep Beep* (means that someone targets you or got you in his range) don't use them, you would waste em and it take some time till they reload. If you successfully got rid of approaching missiles you at least got some time to reload your flares and locate the shooter. It's easy for you now to take down the one who shot you except Jets, which are as good as not eliminate able with an helicopter.

4. Warnings & other important messages/symbols

Sometimes there might pop up warning symbol to inform you that you are in sight of an enemy that is able to hit you with an HSM or a message that tells your what is happening on the map at that moment. Always be alert and use them in your advantage.

[Image: imagewarnings.png]

1 > HS missile lock indicator
There are two kinds of the missile warning tones:
1.) The lock-on warning (BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, ...). You are now in sight of an enemy.
2.) The Missile alert tone (BEEEEEPPPP). A missile has been launched by an enemy unit and is following you.
2 > Shows what flags are owned by your team, are neutral or taken by the enemy.

5. Orientation & Coordination

Where am i now and where should i go? The answer to this question can be found on your map. Aswell some other interesting things can be spotted on the map.

The most important thing is that you always know where you are and the map can greatly help you with that.

(Pictures coming soon)

6. The Attack Helicopters

USMC Apache h-64:
Missiles carried: 15 normal unguided missiles + 2 hellfire missiles
Guns: 1 automatic anti infantry gun
Seats: 2

Apache front
Apache side
Apache heck

Russian:
Missiles carried: 15 normal unguided missiles + 2 hellfire missiles
Guns: 1 automatic anti infantry gun
Seats: 2
(Pictures coming soon)
10-04-2011, 06:08 PM | Post: #3
Offline iStalker 
Tips & more

1. Downloads:
Battlefield 2 Demo is available here for download. Its great for practicing your skills as an Pilot without ruining your stats at bfp4f and its also much easier to find a server with an helicopter on it then bfp4f itself. You can only play the map called Oman. It's not the same as the bfp4f version so beware.

2. Videos:
Bad Company 2 Helicopter Montage
Battlefield 2 Helicopter gameplay
Funny transport Helicopter video

3. I'm a Helicopter Pilot Signatures: (coming soon)

4. Link this Thread: (coming soon)

About the Guide

1. Version History:
1.0 Controls & Settings, HUD & Weapons, Tips & more, About the Guide
2.0 (coming soon)
> Co-Pilot Interface, H.U.D. + Tips
> Anti-Air rocket-launchers on Oman
> More information about the Helicopters Interface
> Commented Videos (maybe)

2. Special Thanks to:
- Johnysnake for letting me use some information out of his Jet Guide and the inspiration he gave me while watching his Jet Guide.
- Dice, EAsy and EA for making such an awesome game.

3. About the Author:
Nicknames: iStalker, Elitejon (main), arbelyjon
Steam: Elitejon
Recent gaming history:
- Battlefield Heroes
- Battlefield Bad Company 2
- Monday Night Combat
- Medal of Honor
- Homefront
- CoD: Black Ops

If you have any tips or information that could be usefull and you would like to share it, then send me a PM.
If you want to use/host this guide on another site, please ask first.

See you all on the Battlefield... err in the Air!

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2011 05:13 PM by iStalker.)
10-04-2011, 06:25 PM | Post: #4
Offline iStalker 
-Reserved
10-04-2011, 06:41 PM | Post: #5
Offline wotertool 
I hope I may post

It's a very nice guide and I hope that there will be less noobs in the air vehicles now. I am a very good pilot but I also try to use these abilities. I wanna know if I am better than.

[Image: signatureremoved21.png]

Image dimension beyond allowable limits ~Tanis

http://s04.flagcounter.com/count/E3q/bg=...geviews=1/
10-04-2011, 06:55 PM | Post: #6
Offline zevas 
awsome.
u are good pilot
11-04-2011, 01:01 AM | Post: #7
Offline Zeks 
What is M1, M0, and their negatives (see controls)?
11-04-2011, 01:02 AM | Post: #8
Offline Tanis 
(11-04-2011 01:01 AM)Zeks Wrote:  What is M1, M0, and their negatives (see controls)?

Mouse buttons.

[img]http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/655/taniscmsigd.png[img]
Thanks to Tobias for the sig! [] Dxdiag and HiJackThis
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2011 01:03 AM by Tanis.)
11-04-2011, 07:53 AM | Post: #9
Offline TR_Averel 
What's V button in vehicles?
11-04-2011, 02:24 PM | Post: #10
Offline Jurzey 
I just wanted to correct a typo that you posted in the very beginning of your tutorial. I appreciate the time you have taken to write this up and want to make it more accurate.

There are 4 pieces of information in the left and right sides of the HUD.

The left side has a vertical bar representing Torque and a numerical designation for Speed.

I'm not concerned with the right side right now.

You made a comment that you can not manuever without "Speed" when you are really looking at "Torque". Torque is based on your throttle and the power to the rotors, You can be flying slow (Speed low) and still manuever if you throttle up and get your torque high.

Thanks again for writing this up.
11-04-2011, 02:36 PM | Post: #11
Offline Bodman 
(11-04-2011 07:53 AM)TR_Averel Wrote:  What's V button in vehicles?

I don't think anybody knows but I'm thinking it's a self repair button that will be a Tier 3 ability when they are released.

Just a guess though to be honest Blush

Bodman
11-04-2011, 02:37 PM | Post: #12
Offline iStalker 
@Jurzey
Thanks man, will include that in the next update ;]

@Bodman
Yeah I think so too. But anyway you guys can just hover over your teams base helicopter spawn to get repaired automatically.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2011 02:39 PM by iStalker.)
11-04-2011, 03:07 PM | Post: #13
Offline Emokiller3000 
Awesome guide, but i have 1 question:

Where should i fly to avoid jets in the same time as i can get kills?

I've experienced quite a lot that enemy jets shoot me down while i'm trying to get kills. Undecided

[Image: emokiller3000.png]
11-04-2011, 03:28 PM | Post: #14
Offline ARCTiC_ITA 
(11-04-2011 03:07 PM)Emokiller3000 Wrote:  Awesome guide, but i have 1 question:

I've experienced quite a lot that enemy jets shoot me down while i'm trying to get kills. Undecided

That happens only at the start, as soon you'll acquire more experience you won't be shot down by a jet anymore, unless you already heavy damaged.
Fly low is the key: the jets cannot follow you, and they are forced to attack you from the upper, this limit alot their ability to maintain the target, they will start to shot at you with their gun and then the missles, as soon you're targeted dive rapidly by 90° (to the left or right), if you are "acquired" release your flares, they must raise their nose or they'll crash into the ground.
In some cases, you can even engage the fight with em: when they attacks, spot em ("Q"), so you can follow their path around you, you can leave your gunner shot at em (if they are damaged, they will go down), if you have enough esperience you can use your missles as well; some of them will point at your nose directly (the biggest mistake they can do) thinking you're just a mosquito, until you'll splash your hellfires into their face. Smile
Don't give up, after some weeks of experience, you'll rarely die because of a jet (actually i only die if a kamikaze crashes into me), your worst enemies are elsewhere: AA, APC, enemy chopper.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2011 03:28 PM by ARCTiC_ITA.)
11-04-2011, 04:38 PM | Post: #15
Offline Emokiller3000 
(11-04-2011 03:28 PM)ARCTiC_ITA Wrote:  
(11-04-2011 03:07 PM)Emokiller3000 Wrote:  Awesome guide, but i have 1 question:

That happens only at the start, as soon you'll acquire more experience you won't be shot down by a jet anymore, unless you already heavy damaged.
Fly low is the key: the jets cannot follow you, and they are forced to attack you from the upper, this limit alot their ability to maintain the target, they will start to shot at you with their gun and then the missles, as soon you're targeted dive rapidly by 90° (to the left or right), if you are "acquired" release your flares, they must raise their nose or they'll crash into the ground.
In some cases, you can even engage the fight with em: when they attacks, spot em ("Q"), so you can follow their path around you, you can leave your gunner shot at em (if they are damaged, they will go down), if you have enough esperience you can use your missles as well; some of them will point at your nose directly (the biggest mistake they can do) thinking you're just a mosquito, until you'll splash your hellfires into their face. Smile
Don't give up, after some weeks of experience, you'll rarely die because of a jet (actually i only die if a kamikaze crashes into me), your worst enemies are elsewhere: AA, APC, enemy chopper.

Thanks for the tip.Smile

As you said, my worst enemies are these ground cannons, there aren't many people using their choppers much. Tongue

[Image: emokiller3000.png]
11-04-2011, 05:58 PM | Post: #16
Offline snake_eater94 
Great guide!

I was wondering what the X button did... Smile

[Image: eAd35T]

Need Personal Assistance? Contact me HERE.
11-04-2011, 08:55 PM | Post: #17
Offline DefaultWarrior 
Aww, no mention of my Assault Heli guide?

[Image: unleddefaultwarrior.png]

Click here for attack heli guide!
12-04-2011, 05:07 AM | Post: #18
Offline MrMartian 
Ok dude be honest with you man i downloaded battlefield2 demo and the apache is wayyy easier to fly in that game than battlefieldplay4free whats up with that?
12-04-2011, 10:38 AM | Post: #19
Offline iStalker 
@DefaultWarrior
Link pl0x

@MrMartian
Well OK. In my opinion its not that much easier to fly.

12-04-2011, 12:25 PM | Post: #20
Offline Solinch 
nice job man keep it up.

[Image: hulkblursolinch.png]