Hello There, Guest!

08-04-2011, 02:01 AM | Post: #1
Offline snake_eater94 
Welcome to snake_eater94's Technical Guide!

I created this guide so that users with technical issues may find simple answers and solutions to there problems. Just scroll down to the correct section and read away!

First off, take a look at the BFP4F system requirements:

Operating system: Windows XP or Windows Vista/Windows 7
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz
RAM: 512 MB (1 GB on Windows Vista/Windows 7)
Video card: 128mb, Pixel shader 2.0, DirectX 9.0c
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Hard Drive space: 2 GB
Internet connection: 256kb

* If you do not meet the above requirements, don't even bother installing the game, although it may work. *

Not sure if you meet the system requirements? Follow THIS tutorial.

Secondly, the most effective fix for almost every error is to run your internet browser (Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc), and the BFP4F.exe file AS AN ADMINISTRATOR. Please follow THIS tutorial if you are unsure how to do it.

Now that that's over, Let's get started!

Just In! snake_eater94's BFP4F re-installer! Having problems re-installing BFP4F? Then download THIS

Just In! snake_eater94's BFP4F updater fixer! This program will fix any errors that you receive when trying to update/launch the BFP4F game. Download it HERE

Performance Section! (Are you having problems with lag? Then this is the right section for you!)

Step One: Download and install a cleaning software! (A cleaning software removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and more efficiently.)

1: Piriform Ccleaner
[Image: 17s5g9.png]
Ccleaner protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure.

2: Advanced SystemCare Free
[Image: 2qtk6bm.jpg]
Advanced SystemCare Free is a one-click solution to protecting, repairing, and cleaning your PC.

3: Wise Disk Cleaner Free
[Image: 2586yo6.jpg]
Wise Disk Cleaner Free is a software for freeing up disk space by deleting junk files and temporary files.

Step Two: Clear up unnecessary processes and applications! (There are many processes/applications that will dramatically reduce your computer's speed, these programs will close them.)

1: Game Booster (Also turns off Visual Effects resulting in super fast computing!)
[Image: 2apw6b.png]
Game Booster is designed to help optimize your PC for better gameplay with the touch of a button.

2: Windows Task Manager
[Image: 11jyqgk.jpg]
Windows Task Manager provides detailed information about running applications and processes.

3: System Mechanic (Trial or Purchase)
[Image: 2gw5qh1.jpg]
System Mechanic achieves maximum PC performance by using a comprehensive set of tools.

Step Three: Defrag your PC! (Programs that reduce the amount of fragmentation in file systems by cleaning your Hard Drive.)

1: Piriform Defraggler
[Image: 30sv9xy.jpg]
Defraggler is used to defrag your entire hard drive, or individual files.

2: Windows Defrag
[Image: 2iu6qrq.png]
Windows Defrag rearranges fragmented data so your hard disk can work more efficiently.

3: Smart Defrag
[Image: 21nnqkw.jpg]
Smart Defrag moves files in to one continuous block to end up in one big block.

Step Four: Optimize your internet! (Programs that optimize your internet to guarantee the BEST performance!)

1: TCP Optimizer
[Image: 2zgvgxf.jpg]
TCP Optimizer provides an intuitive interface for tuning and optimizing your Internet connection.

2: Max Internet Optimizer (Trial or Purchase)
[Image: 141i4gl.gif]
Max Internet Optimizer optimizes Internet Settings and boosts the speed of your internet.

3: M Internet Optimizer (3rd Party Website)
[Image: 2lwoig2.png]
M Internet Optimizer speeds up your internet connection.

Error Section! (Are you having problems starting or launching BFP4F?, then you're in the right spot!)

BFP4F.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience: Note: This is also the "black screen" error!
[Image: 2nar1qc.gif]

1: Completely uninstall BFP4F.

2: Run "Windows Updates", and make sure that all critical updates are checked.

3: Download/Install/Run this automatic Driver updater. -----> Device Doctor <-----

4: Restart your computer

5: Reinstall BFP4F to a different directory.

If all steps are performed correctly, your error should be fixed. Note: If the error still exists, your graphics card may not have the necessary hardware to run the game.

White screen after launching the game.

[Image: 23l1urq.jpg]
(BFHeroes & BFP4F)

2: Update your DirectX Drivers. ----->Direct X <-----

3: Update your graphics card drivers.

4: Restart your computer.

If all steps are performed correctly, your error should be fixed. Note: If the error still exists, your graphics card may not have the necessary hardware to run the game or you did not create your soldier.

If you have a high ping! Note: There is really no way to fix this unless you upgrade your internet.
[Image: 29yh05d.jpg]

2: Download/Install/Run an Internet Optimizer as mentioned in the "Performance Section".

3: Choose "optimal settings", etc found in the programs.

4: Restart your computer.

If all steps are performed correctly, your error should be fixed. Note: If the error still exists, you must upgrade your internet!

Invalid Game Data:
[Image: 33e7t5v.jpg]
(BFH & BFP4F)

2: Restart your computer

3: Reinstall BFP4F to a different directory.

If all steps are performed correctly, your error should be fixed. Note: If the error still exists, just keep repeating the steps until it does. This problem occurs when your computer doesn't correctly download and/or install the game.

Login Errors. (1001, 1002, 1003, etc)
[Image: knszr.jpg]
(BFH & BFP4F)

1: Delete all your browser cache, cookies, history, etc. Use this: ----->Piriform Ccleaner <----- (Make sure that all boxes are checked, EXCEPT "Wipe Free Space".

2: Restart your computer

3: Try logging in again.

If all steps are performed correctly, your error should be fixed. Note: If the error still exists, simply try creating a new account.

Connection Errors
[Image: xgmw5k.jpg]
(BFH & BFP4F)

1: Open the Command Prompt (CMD)

2. Type ipconfig /release, then type ipconfig /renew, and then type ipconfig /flushdns

3. Disable your firewall, and run both your internet browser, and BFP4F.exe as an administrator.

4. Try launching the game again.

Gameplay Section! (Don't know how to fly a helicopter, or how to change the controls? Then read here!) (Coming Soon!)

Thank you for taking the time to read my guide. I will update this daily, and try my best to help you.

Note: This guide is not completed. More sections, tutorials, etc are coming!

[Image: eAd35T]

Need Personal Assistance? Contact me HERE.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2011 11:31 PM by snake_eater94.)
08-04-2011, 02:02 AM | Post: #2
Offline snake_eater94 
Reserved...

08-04-2011, 02:55 AM | Post: #3
Offline snake_eater94 
Reserved...

08-04-2011, 08:11 AM | Post: #4
Offline ffdfdfd 
hmm I might just try some of these out.

08-04-2011, 05:20 PM | Post: #5
Offline snake_eater94 
The post has been updated. Smile

09-04-2011, 12:38 AM | Post: #6
Offline snake_eater94 
This thread has been updated.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2011 12:08 AM by snake_eater94.)
09-04-2011, 05:15 AM | Post: #7
Offline snake_eater94 
This thread has been updated.

Added: How to fix startup/launching issues with BFP4F, as well as the registry problems. Download the program posted above.

Thanks,

~snake_eater94

09-04-2011, 11:51 AM | Post: #8
Offline Jerlinn 
BFP4F.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience: Note: This is also the "black screen" error!

I tried everything, but it doesn't work
can't you explain what I have to do with Device doctor?
09-04-2011, 12:40 PM | Post: #9
Offline TheRealJohnRambo 
Bookmarked.
09-04-2011, 03:11 PM | Post: #10
Offline snake_eater94 
(09-04-2011 12:40 PM)TheRealJohnRambo Wrote:  Bookmarked.

lul Smile

(09-04-2011 11:51 AM)Jerlinn Wrote:  BFP4F.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience: Note: This is also the "black screen" error!

I tried everything, but it doesn't work
can't you explain what I have to do with Device doctor?

What error you are getting from the error report?

Is it RendDx9.dll or Msvcr90.dll?, etc?

Also, with Device doctor, just scan for any available updates, and it will automatically find them.

10-04-2011, 12:05 AM | Post: #11
Offline snake_eater94 
Post updated...

Added: BFP4F Updater/Launcher fixer(s). If you have the failed to write registry error, use the installer. If you can't get the game to launch, after you uninstalled/reinstalled it, etc, use the uninstaller, and then try launching the game agaain.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2011 12:10 AM by snake_eater94.)
10-04-2011, 04:08 AM | Post: #12
Offline snake_eater94 
Bumping this thread so people will look here before they make another thread on the same subject...

10-04-2011, 07:24 PM | Post: #13
Offline Blawb 
Hey, I got the invalid data error, so i deleted all the battlefield files on my computer, but then when I tried to reinstall it, I got the "failed to write registry error". So then I downloaded the zshare/unintstall thing but it didn't do anything. It didn't even open up or completely uninstall bp4f.
11-04-2011, 02:24 AM | Post: #14
Offline snake_eater94 
(10-04-2011 07:24 PM)Blawb Wrote:  Hey, I got the invalid data error, so i deleted all the battlefield files on my computer, but then when I tried to reinstall it, I got the "failed to write registry error". So then I downloaded the zshare/unintstall thing but it didn't do anything. It didn't even open up or completely uninstall bp4f.

It opens up and does what it's supposed to do, it just doesn't notify you. Try the INSTALLER.EXE then, I might have mixed the files up -_-

11-04-2011, 06:39 PM | Post: #15
Offline Luna 
I use Game booster it gives me 3 more fps xD but i also don't get kicked from those Texas servers any more +3

[Image: Yr9Et.png]
Hotel California!
11-04-2011, 06:48 PM | Post: #16
Offline snake_eater94 
(11-04-2011 06:39 PM)Luna Wrote:  I use Game booster it gives me 3 more fps xD but i also don't get kicked from those Texas servers any more +3

Nice job. Smile Now go get some killlllzzz Wink

11-04-2011, 11:26 PM | Post: #17
Offline Blawb 
(11-04-2011 02:24 AM)snake_eater94 Wrote:  
(10-04-2011 07:24 PM)Blawb Wrote:  Hey, I got the invalid data error, so i deleted all the battlefield files on my computer, but then when I tried to reinstall it, I got the "failed to write registry error". So then I downloaded the zshare/unintstall thing but it didn't do anything. It didn't even open up or completely uninstall bp4f.

It opens up and does what it's supposed to do, it just doesn't notify you. Try the INSTALLER.EXE then, I might have mixed the files up -_-

I clicked it. I even tried opening it as an administrator... It didn't even open Undecided
11-04-2011, 11:32 PM | Post: #18
Offline snake_eater94 
Nothing is supposed to pop up after you launch it. It just makes the changes, and then it's over.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2011 11:40 PM by snake_eater94.)
12-04-2011, 02:06 AM | Post: #19
Offline Blawb 
But when I try to re-download battlefield, i get the same error: Failed to write registry value
12-04-2011, 02:13 AM | Post: #20
Offline Blawb 
Ahh nevermind... It's just that i was running google chrome as an administrator when i should have been using Firefox Lol. However, the reason i uninstalled it in the first place was because of the "Invalid Game Data" error. If the problem continues even after i reinstall it, I'll contact you. Thanks for your help Smile