(04-01-2012 03:20 PM)Septuagint Wrote: Theres no need for medic or assault anymore.
Assaults now serve two roles:
1. Portable target to draw fire.
2. Drop ammo boxes at every firefight because guns and clips are empty after 10 seconds of use, unless the player can afford
the increased magazines.
3. Pistol whip professional
Medics are actually "useful" again:
1. Due to decreases of "stock" guns, medic with 1 heal box can outlast the clip of practically all "stock" guns
, giving him enough time to mow down the assault/engie if his anti-recoil skills (or attachment) are good. Two, or even 3, med boxes, and the "increased healing speed" skill means a high level medic can "hold the line" against medium sized non-aimbotting default weapon only squads
2. Since they can hold a spot alone
, this only encourages the setting up of a "camp". Add an assault (see above for ammo box need) with "mortar detection", and 2-3 mortar-boosting recons, and you have an unassailable position. Just remember to watch that assault, and have 2-3 bee-lines out of mortar boost range.
3. As long as the medic isn't caught in the mortar drop, he can run in and rez anyone who was unlucky. Camp maintained. Having a second rez-medic just outside mortar range of the camp (maybe running a second camp of their own) makes it even easier to rez after an accident.
4. Between medic and assault's "field reinforcement" skill, said camp can be easily maintained, even in the face of a "total wipe" RPG spread.