Hello There, Guest!

07-04-2011, 01:25 AM | Post: #41
Offline Embryo 
i reinstalled the game like most people said. did nothing, still getting the error.
for some reason its only trying to connect to oman. it wont conect to any other map so i dont know for sure if its only oman
07-04-2011, 01:33 AM | Post: #42
Offline Erikkool 
yep me too.

erik
07-04-2011, 01:34 AM | Post: #43
Offline Xzeo 
(07-04-2011 01:24 AM)DoomProphet Wrote:  All I had to do to resolve the issue was press CTRL+ALT+Delete and enter task-mngr. Then I went into "Processes"-Closed the BPF4Updater.exe and the iexplore.exe. I do not recommend shutting off your AV. The game runs fine with AV's. Shutting off your AV should only be a temporary fix. If there are any other iexplorers.exe running in your "Processes" then end those tasks too. I think the problem is that it loads a new process while the previous file is still running even after you shut the game down. Hope this helps.

~Doom

This did not work either.

I find it hard to believe there hasn't been any developer or support staff member online ALL day. How about giving us players an answer? I for one have bought some of your points already - and I'm already nearly regretting doing so. Just communicate with us, at least tell us you're working on fixing the problem?

If you want us to beta test we need to be able to talk with you guys, and when we can't connect, we can't test your game.
07-04-2011, 01:41 AM | Post: #44
Offline DoomProphet 
(07-04-2011 01:34 AM)Xzeo Wrote:  
(07-04-2011 01:24 AM)DoomProphet Wrote:  All I had to do to resolve the issue was press CTRL+ALT+Delete and enter task-mngr. Then I went into "Processes"-Closed the BPF4Updater.exe and the iexplore.exe. I do not recommend shutting off your AV. The game runs fine with AV's. Shutting off your AV should only be a temporary fix. If there are any other iexplorers.exe running in your "Processes" then end those tasks too. I think the problem is that it loads a new process while the previous file is still running even after you shut the game down. Hope this helps.

~Doom

This did not work either.

I find it hard to believe there hasn't been any developer or support staff member online ALL day. How about giving us players an answer? I for one have bought some of your points already - and I'm already nearly regretting doing so. Just communicate with us, at least tell us you're working on fixing the problem?

If you want us to beta test we need to be able to talk with you guys, and when we can't connect, we can't test your game.

Xzeo, did you make sure EVERYTHING that has to do with internet was closed down? You can't be logged in the website while following this procedure.

~Doom†Prophet

[Image: 73242.gif]
07-04-2011, 01:42 AM | Post: #45
Offline sav1our 
I have nothing running in the background except for this game and it still doesn't work.
How do you explain that?
07-04-2011, 01:46 AM | Post: #46
Offline FixyoCar 
(06-04-2011 09:20 PM)Embryo Wrote:  when i try to join games i get an error saying
"Disconnected from server , invalid game data"
how can i fix this
this is a temp fix, go to;
C:\Users\(user name)\Documents\Battlefield Play4Free\mods\main\cache
and delete the files in there. that worked for me for about 4 games, then i got the invalid data thing again. so i trued to repeat the process, but now no matter what i do i get the invalid data error. so i hope this helps but its not a permanent solution. Rolleyes
07-04-2011, 01:51 AM | Post: #47
Offline Shoudid 
Just try it a few times. I started getting 'invalid game data' again after reinstalling, but I kept hitting 'play now' and eventually got into an Oman server successfully without changing anything.
07-04-2011, 01:53 AM | Post: #48
Offline Xzeo 
Double quoting is super broken.

Anyway, nothing I've read about online works...and it seems like people have been having this problem for quite a while now with no real official response from what I've seen.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 02:00 AM by Xzeo.)
07-04-2011, 01:53 AM | Post: #49
Offline DoomProphet 
(07-04-2011 01:42 AM)sav1our Wrote:  I have nothing running in the background except for this game and it still doesn't work.
How do you explain that?

Sav1our, try restarting your computer and ending those tasks before you even start BF. Good luck.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2011 12:55 AM by DoomProphet.)
07-04-2011, 02:45 AM | Post: #50
Offline Ushio 
I just started a couple hours ago. I know next to nothing about this game. I havent even entered a map. I dont even no where the servers are located or how to enter them let alone get in a game. All i know is when i scroll over play now hit bookmarks nothing shows. Hit play now and it starts loading then fails to connect with the general error people are having. I just dont no crap about this game. I thought there wud be like a list of games and you cud just pick one. or you would be able to create a game for only friends or something. but it seems like it just keeps loading 1 map or game or w.e and throws who ever in it which just so happens to be a broken map or something. thats all im getting outta this lol.
07-04-2011, 02:46 AM | Post: #51
Offline Embryo 
its working again, i guess after reinstalling it took a couple tries, but it doesnt do it anymore.
so i guess reinstalling does work
EDIT: nvm oman is still not working...
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 03:10 AM by Embryo.)
07-04-2011, 03:15 AM | Post: #52
Offline Xzeo 
Reinstalling is a TEMPORARY fix. All solutions I have read so far and tried (at least 6 or 7 different suggestions) have not worked at all.

This is probably something EA will have to fix...but from what I've seen today I'm not really sure they care much about this project.
07-04-2011, 03:36 AM | Post: #53
Offline FUBAR25B 
Dodgy Just started for me too around 7pm PST. Only in Oman. Been playing well all the other times until now. First the menu problem, now this. Dodgy
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 03:36 AM by FUBAR25B.)
07-04-2011, 03:46 AM | Post: #54
Offline Mozi88 
Same problem. No I won't try doing any configurations on my computer. I shouldn't have to reconfigure some stuff on my computer, nor should I have to delete or shut down things or whatever, in order to get a game working. This is EA's problem. They need to do the patching and the fixing, not us.
07-04-2011, 03:48 AM | Post: #55
Offline Xzeo 
I just reinstalled again and I confirm it does NOT work.

For them to fix it, we need an OFFICIAL RESPONSE which I have seen ZERO since I first heard about this problem at about 10:00am PST...I've looked everywhere and they haven't even so much as addressed that there even IS an issue, yet I see about 150+ players posting they having problems.

EA if you want to keep your playerbase for this game - GIVE US SOME FREAKING INFO!
07-04-2011, 03:51 AM | Post: #56
Offline borington 
I reinstalled twice before coming on here, started a new account, and stopped all internet processes. I had actually been enjoying this game up until this point.
07-04-2011, 03:57 AM | Post: #57
Offline Augie 
YEs same case with me im starting to love this ..my first time playing pc games...i really wanna keep playing this ..fix yes???

error invalid game data......
07-04-2011, 04:00 AM | Post: #58
Offline Rauru 
(06-04-2011 11:57 PM)Shoudid Wrote:  
(06-04-2011 11:54 PM)Shenanigan Wrote:  
(06-04-2011 11:51 PM)Shoudid Wrote:  The fix for this is to reinstall.

Are we sure about this? I have two accounts and the one I am currently on is stuck on oman as with others, I get the invalid data, but I logged into a different account and it works golden. I dunno how reinstalling would help me if one account works and one does not.

Something from the devs sure wouldn't suck right about now.

I got 'invalid game data' every time I joined a server, reinstalled, now I can play.

how do i reinstall
07-04-2011, 04:09 AM | Post: #59
Offline Svenskommando 
Same deal here was playing earlier today around 4-5PM PST and now getting the same "invalid game data" things as everyone else. Mine started at 8PM PST
07-04-2011, 04:10 AM | Post: #60
Offline DoomProphet 
Well, it works for me when I do the procedure I posted earlyer. Good luck to all of you.