Hello There, Guest!

01-04-2011, 01:00 PM | Post: #1
Offline Jeraldan  Go to next Official Response...
I write this post, because I'm actually expecting a great increase of questions (which already have been answered in the past), complaints (in the most cases, there are also the same or similar posts out there) and insultings (words like "noob" / "nub" are actually the lesser harmful, but they are still insults).

So, things you need to remember, when you're going to interact in this forum:

[Image: 1.png]

The official Forum-Language is ENGLISH. If you write in another language, the most sure thing which will happen is, that your thread will be closed or deleted. If you continue to write in other languages than english, it will lead you finally to a ban.

Do not write the thread-title in CAPS. Your threads will be closed and/or deleted. Doing this many times will also lead you to a ban.

The most posts complaining something are still out there. Before you're going to post anything, take about 35-55 seconds to expect if there is any post with the same content. Try the Forum-Search.

Do not feed the trolls. This means, that there are a lot of provocating users out there, which just try to make you nervous and finally let you post something which can be used against you. The best thing you could do is simply to ignore them.

Do not post any kind of hacks, cheats or sites who provide them!

At least you should take a look on the Forum-Rules!

[Image: 2.png]

The actual minimum system requirements:

OS Windows XP/Vista/7
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1.7 GHz CPU
RAM: 512 MB for XP / 1 GB for Vista
HDD: 1 GB hard disk space
GPU: DirectX compatible 128 MB graphics card with Pixel Shader 2.0 or better
SPU: DirectX compatible sound card
INETCON: 256kbit cable/DSL connection

This packages are also needed in order to play BFP4F:

(Link) .NET Frameworks 3.5 SP 1 [MUST HAVE!]
(Link) .NET Frameworks 4.0

Battlefield Play4Free is still in Beta and that means in development.

The game is called "Play for free". This means, that you can always play it without paying one penny but at least, if you want the cool stuff, you'll need to pay for it. There is nothing to do against this Business-Model. It was also proven, that EAsy will not have any kind of significant loss, because a really small percentage of users who post into the forums are complaining the micropayments. For further information please visit this slideshow.

Complains about the prices generally are accepted. But remember to use the Forum-Search instead of opening another new thread. Finally there will be never a Credits to Battlefunds or Battlefunds to Credits converter. So, there is no need to make any kind of suggestions to implement it. For further information also visit this slideshow.

You're not able to switch the main-character without having battlefunds.

You're not able to delete characters.

If you want to report a cheater please click HERE and after that, select "I want to report a possible cheater/hacker" from the dropdown-field.

If you've questions about the game and his functionality, you also should Try the Forum-Search. The most of the questions were already answered in the past. You should also take a look on Players helping Players.

Post into Technical Support if you're experiencing technical issues, when you're trying to start / play the game.

Post into Store Support if you're experiencing issues with the store.

Post into the corresponding Game Bugs- or Web Bugs-Forum if you've found a bug.

If you find hacks / cheats for BFP4F, we all will appreciate it if you report them directly to Punkbuster vía research@evenbalance.com.

[Image: 3.png]

Insulting or harrassing other users may be funny but at least, you're attended to follow the Forum-Rules. If you don't do it, you'll get banned faster than as you can see a lightning.

Calling people a noob, nub, fool or things like that is pretty condescending. So, just don't do it. Insulting people can lead you to a direct ban.

Generally you should NOT open any kind of troll-posts. It will lead you also finally to a ban.

Naming of cheaters isn't allowed at the forums due to the fact that in four of five cases the player isn't actually cheating. Cheaters can be reported to support through this link.

Do not shame people using pictures or mimes. Doing this will finally get you directly banned. No kind of bullying will be tolerated by EAsy and the Community Moderators.

Do not hack. Obviously there are a lot of users who like to destroy the gameplay-feeling of others for their own amusement, using cheats / hacks. Discovering that you're cheating will also lead you directly to a ban.

And please remember to use the Report-Button. It works!

Guides

Arch's List of Tutorials and Guides: Post Tutorial and Guide Requests Here!

Special Thanks

- HomeSen, Mollshooter, Healing4ev3r, [KZ-0]Archangel.

Finally, I'm just an interested user/player.
Just try to be reserved, helpful and friendly. Give a chance to subtle communication.

www.monkey-gamers.com
[Image: 43ved5c]
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2011 08:06 PM by Jeraldan.)
01-04-2011, 01:06 PM | Post: #2
Online HomeSen 
Nice run-down of all the important things Smile

one addition to the list:

Report Cheaters
Naming of cheaters isn't allowed at the forums due to the fact that in four of five cases the player isn't actually cheating. Cheaters can be reported to support through this link.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

01-04-2011, 01:11 PM | Post: #3
Offline Jeraldan 
Added! Smile

www.monkey-gamers.com
01-04-2011, 02:04 PM | Post: #4
Offline Jeraldan 
/Autobumb because of informative.

www.monkey-gamers.com
01-04-2011, 02:11 PM | Post: #5
Offline Brynnza 
Nice one there, Its always good to give the new people a heads up Big Grin

Edit: Wow it got stickied, nice one mate Tongue

[Image: Brynnza_sig.jpg]
^JS (This post was last modified: 03-04-2011 05:57 AM by Brynnza.)
01-04-2011, 02:14 PM | Post: #6
Offline Chang 
A good candidate for a sticky. Nice work.

[Image: c64_burger_zps03fcba5b.png]
01-04-2011, 02:39 PM | Post: #7
Offline Jeraldan 
Well, lets see how we can improve this more. We've just reached the first stage of the upcoming Open Beta. Just try to figure out, how it will be, when the OB really starts...

www.monkey-gamers.com
01-04-2011, 02:53 PM | Post: #8
Offline ObHeRrAtEd 
Someone better sticky this! Nice!

[Image: hardname.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2011 02:54 PM by ObHeRrAtEd.)
01-04-2011, 02:54 PM | Post: #9
Offline StealthMod 
Nice thread man ! i like it although i already now the rules etc. i like this cause it helps new people!

[Image: signxf.png]
01-04-2011, 03:09 PM | Post: #10
Offline Jeraldan 
Lets see if Silvanoshi or Co. does stick it. Everyone is invited to improve this list. I'll add everything helpful.

www.monkey-gamers.com
01-04-2011, 04:43 PM | Post: #11
Offline [KZ-0]Archangel 
Greens Like Killing Trolls, Their Meat is especially Tasty in a Stew. Nothing Like a Good Ole' Steamin Bowl of Troll Stew. Nom nom nom.

Grats on the Sticky M8, Well Done.

01-04-2011, 05:33 PM | Post: #12
Offline Mollshooter 
Another forum rule; I personally got a warning for it although there wasn't an official announced and open source readable paragraph - just an order from the blues:

Do not spoil in the forums! It's prohibited to present any not official announced, confirmed, indicated, twittered or intentionally leaked content as an upcoming fact, if it isn't obviously intended to reach the community. Either it should become a suprise, is in a too early developement state or it's just a lie - simple as that. It doesn't matter if you found the information on another third party platform or in the game files. You don't want to wait for content that eventually will never be released and hype up if it turns out as a false statement.

ESL, but it's a nice § imo Wink
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2011 09:58 PM by Mollshooter.)
01-04-2011, 07:31 PM | Post: #13
Offline Jeraldan 
Oh okay! Then I'll add it! Smile

Answering V V V

www.monkey-gamers.com
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2011 01:39 AM by Jeraldan.)
01-04-2011, 09:55 PM | Post: #14
Offline Mollshooter 
(01-04-2011 07:31 PM)Jeraldan Wrote:  Well, knowing that the OB is going to start within the next four days and already more people have joined, I think that this rule (which normally is obvious) will not be applyied anymore.
Erp, it was in BFH during the OB 2 weeks ago Undecided
02-04-2011, 09:28 AM | Post: #15
Offline o0_TAP_TAP_0o 
To much boreing writeing.

You'd think you never heard of K.I.S.S. Rolleyes

(for those that havn't it stands for Keep It Simple Stupid)

(01-04-2011 04:43 PM)0x5b;KZ-00x5d;Archangel Wrote:  Greens Like Killing Trolls, Their Meat is especially Tasty in a Stew. Nothing Like a Good Ole' Steamin Bowl of Troll Stew. Nom nom nom.

Greens should lay off the drugs Tongue

[Image: dogtagsf.png]

Hell Yes!

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2011 09:29 AM by o0_TAP_TAP_0o.)
02-04-2011, 01:40 PM | Post: #16
Offline Johnysnake 
(02-04-2011 09:28 AM)o0_TAP_TAP_0o Wrote:  To much boreing writeing.

You'd think you never heard of K.I.S.S. Rolleyes

(for those that havn't it stands for Keep It Simple Stupid)

(01-04-2011 04:43 PM)0x5b;KZ-00x5d;Archangel Wrote:  Greens Like Killing Trolls, Their Meat is especially Tasty in a Stew. Nothing Like a Good Ole' Steamin Bowl of Troll Stew. Nom nom nom.

Greens should lay off the drugs Tongue

K.I.S.S. should be:
Keep - It - Short - Simple

Although we look green, we are here to be the right example, we don´t do drugs.

02-04-2011, 03:30 PM | Post: #17
Offline Healin4ev3r 
You should add this : .net framework 3.5 is a must to play the game .
In BF:Heroes there are over 10 topic a day about this problem by people who don't have .net 3.5 .
We don't want newb fill our forum with junk topics like that.

[Image: xhUzq]

Honey Badger
PTFO
02-04-2011, 09:01 PM | Post: #18
Offline Neon 
(02-04-2011 03:30 PM)Healin4ev3r Wrote:  You should add this : .net framework 3.5 is a must to play the game .
In BF:Heroes there are over 10 topic a day about this problem by people who don't have .net 3.5 .

Was gonna say that Tongue anyways nice one mate Big Grin

[Image: 2wlzqfn.png]
02-04-2011, 09:29 PM | Post: #19
Offline SirFurBurger69 
Can someone please help me i am new and i have looked all over the forum for an answer to this question. can i use (if so how) my multifunction joystick its a LOGITECH EXTREME 3D PRO. Thanks. im not very good with the keyboard when im controling the vehicles. thanks again.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2011 09:40 PM by SirFurBurger69.)
02-04-2011, 10:51 PM | Post: #20
Online HomeSen 
(02-04-2011 03:30 PM)Healin4ev3r Wrote:  You should add this : .net framework 3.5 is a must to play the game .

You actually forgot the most important part about the NETFX3.5 SP1. Since version 3.5 is preinstalled on e.g. Windows 7 (not sure if it also is on Vista), but not the ServicePack. And the SP1 braught some new funtionality that is needed by the updater.
Also sometimes .NETFX 4.0 is needed, too. Though this is somehow inconsistent, since can play without it, and others need it ^^

Anyways, here are the links:
.NET Framework 3.5 SP1: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en
.NET Framework 4.0: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...laylang=en

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.