Hello There, Guest!

05-07-2012, 03:56 PM | Post: #161
Offline BizarreHunter 
WHY error 1000 is not fixed yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!
plz i want some help
my hosts file is empty so what is the solution ???
07-07-2012, 06:54 PM | Post: #162
Offline IamNightRider 
solution to "failed to download config file" problem is, change connection to internet. it's internet problem. When I use DSL connection, same error occurs. then I changed my connection to 3G from my cell phone, i can play game.

I dont now what happens on background, just changed my connection, and voila.. Probably, it's dns issue. But, nobody don't know reason, which web site or ip adress that update program checked. If u have firewall, u can investigate and find solution

08-07-2012, 08:40 AM | Post: #163
Offline IamNightRider 
Ok. Regarding to my test, "failed to download config file" error depends on internet connection.

First, i try to connect game normal way as i always use, same computer , same dsl line... Give me "failed to download config file" error. That i changed another computer on same dsl line. But result is same.

Then,i installed cactusvpn program & get free accaunt from their web site. Wıth the same computers, same dsl line + VPN connection , program starts as expected.
Note: I didn't change any DNS settings.

1-EA servers or update servers block IP block's of some providers
2-DSL providers block EA servers or update servers.

That's my solution

24-07-2012, 09:14 PM | Post: #164
Offline wikimillspse 
i cant get punkbuster to load up
25-07-2012, 07:24 AM | Post: #165
Offline HomeSen 
(24-07-2012 09:14 PM)wikimillspse Wrote:  i cant get punkbuster to load up

Please take a look at this: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=72453 And attach your pbcl.log as described in post #1 of the linked thread.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

06-08-2012, 03:12 PM | Post: #166
Offline SUVIGYA 
Hello,

May be someone can help me, if faced similar kind of issue. I am playing BFP4F for something like 30-45 minutes and then, my machine hangs, like no task manager, or no Ctrl + Alt + Del, it just purely hangs and I need to force shut it down. Not sure why is it happening, though the configuration is not bad.

Configuration :
CPU - Core i3 M370 @2.40 Ghz 2.40 Ghz
RAM - 5.80 GB
GPU : Intel HD Graphics with Dedicated Memory - 64MB and total available - 1684 MB

I tried to search the error dumps, but nothing was there. So, if someone can help me, would be greatful.

Suvigya

08-08-2012, 09:33 PM | Post: #167
Offline Trilhadera 
"Error 2" problem has no solution... The so called "confirmed" solution doesn't work for nobody, and not EA nor Play4Free gives a not so good for us, the users... play other game and be happy =D
13-08-2012, 11:16 AM | Post: #168
Offline HomeSen 
Added a link to the following "fix" for the "white screen with sound"-issue:
(13-08-2012 09:09 AM)jjagged Wrote:  I can now confirm that having many friends in an account can cause such a problem. Many friends = around 2000.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

14-08-2012, 03:04 PM | Post: #169
Offline [surrogate] 
@ white screen incl. sound:

I encounter this quite often (like five times a week) and my friends list has not yet reached 200, so this hardly qualifies as a final "confirmation".

@ bugs and problems:

I face the same problem as Suvigya above:

Quote:I am playing BFP4F for something like 30-45 minutes and then, my machine hangs, like no task manager, or no Ctrl + Alt + Del, it just purely hangs and I need to force shut it down.

This "bug" seems to be a lot worse on non-EA servers (i.e. clan servers) - maybe related to the procedure of being kicked to make room for VIPs?

Configuration :

AMD Athlon 7750 Dual Core 2,71 GHz
3,5 GB RAM
Windows XP Professional 32-bit
ATI Radeon HD 4850

[Image: tobias_sig3.gif]

(a sig I made for a former regular that isn't here anymore - hey Tobias!)
26-08-2012, 07:49 AM | Post: #170
Offline mrdito1108 
can somebody help me please? i'm using mozilla firefox and i'm on windows 7, every single time i click play now it goes to the install plug-in page i install it restart firefox and its goes to same page everytime, please help
26-08-2012, 09:07 AM | Post: #171
Offline -=OG=-SkinnyG 
(26-08-2012 07:49 AM)mrdito1108 Wrote:  can somebody help me please? i'm using mozilla firefox and i'm on windows 7, every single time i click play now it goes to the install plug-in page i install it restart firefox and its goes to same page everytime, please help

Option 1: shut down ANY adblocker you have running. ABP for example caused this problem for me. After installing the plugin update, you might be able to turn ABP back on if you disable it for BFP4F in the settings.

Option 2: Use Chrome (where you might face another problem, because you might have to do something in the Chrome settings to allow Chrome to install the plugin in the first place. Use the forum SEARCH in that case, I don knoe the details).

[Image: jcAwqy0.png]
01-09-2012, 12:15 PM | Post: #172
Offline Liked 
nnothinfg works with the error 2... timed out...

[Image: 8kzv.png]
06-09-2012, 12:54 PM | Post: #173
Offline Lt.BZB9M 
I aslo have this problem, altough I've tried all tips. Could someone answer because it's simply illogical:yesterday I was able to play with absolutely no problems, today I've got this error(matchmaking error 2(timed out)). And I honestly cannot belive that I'm the only one with this problem, I wonder why Battlefield's Techical Support didn't resolve it.Just because it's a free game?...
Thank you anyways, I'm waiting for your answers!
14-09-2012, 11:13 AM | Post: #174
Offline k.i.ller 
client suck every time i need to reload all the game .... That's a P4F -_-'' ....
go creat a fucking clien who we can start / pause and Resume DOWNLOAD and not if we stop a download We have not Need to reload everything
16-09-2012, 02:40 PM | Post: #175
Offline Mr.NickRLgend 
(06-04-2011 08:59 AM)TonyQ09 Wrote:  why can't i full screen?? and when i try clicking on something it clicks somewhere else. bunch of balls..... oh well, at least its free.

you could just press Fn,Alt and Enter at the same time Wink and if you wanna chat press: Enter. Ur welcome Cool
31-10-2012, 03:55 PM | Post: #176
Offline ReedMaan 
I have a problem that was not noted in the sticky, when i press the button Install Browser extension nothing happens. Nothing starts to load at all, https://battlefield.play4free.com/en/playnow.

I have even tried to go trough google chrome store and i get the error "Not able to install the addon in chrome, update the page, and try again"

Anyone know what the problem can be?

Thanks in advance
01-11-2012, 11:03 PM | Post: #177
Offline Unreal185 
Error 1000
http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=16209 -> new

that no worked for me.. only it fixed the error 1002... Sleepy lol Sad

[Image: joh.png]
03-11-2012, 03:08 PM | Post: #178
Offline Flayzian 
I would like to file a complaint that I am very annoyed about. When I tried to buy the famas it would glitch and would'nt appear in my inventory. I bought it 3 times and would keep glitching. I restarted battlefield and I saw my funds go from 38k to 10k. I would like a refund of 30k worth of funds. Your a good game but there are some issues.

-Flayzian[/align]
03-11-2012, 06:45 PM | Post: #179
Offline MuffinYea 
I have one, works for most issues with launching the game I think, though only if you use Chrome.

Go to Settings > Extensions and find Battlefield Play4Free. There will be a box saying "Enabled" or "Enable" next to it. If it is unticked, tick it. If it is ticked, simply untick and then tick it again. The game should launch fine next time you try it.

[Image: ACTUALLYFinishedSig.jpg]
06-11-2012, 05:39 AM | Post: #180
Offline RedEye420Recon 
(08-07-2012 08:40 AM)IamNightRider Wrote:  Ok. Regarding to my test, "failed to download config file" error depends on internet connection.

First, i try to connect game normal way as i always use, same computer , same dsl line... Give me "failed to download config file" error. That i changed another computer on same dsl line. But result is same.

Then,i installed cactusvpn program & get free accaunt from their web site. Wıth the same computers, same dsl line + VPN connection , program starts as expected.
Note: I didn't change any DNS settings.

1-EA servers or update servers block IP block's of some providers
2-DSL providers block EA servers or update servers.

That's my solution

try lowering MTU in router .. or windows TCPsettings. dsl needs like 1472 or less. Google it
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 05:40 AM by RedEye420Recon.)