Hello There, Guest!

28-05-2011, 11:03 AM | Post: #21
Offline HomeSen 
It isn't that difficult, you just need to change the "Installation Dir" value (keeping in mind to "double" the backslashes \ ) Wink

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free]
"Installation Dir"="E:\\Battlefield "
"Language"="EN"

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

28-05-2011, 12:28 PM | Post: #22
Offline rajaspidey 
not working for win 7 home premium 64bit..!! btw watz that wow6432node
28-05-2011, 01:12 PM | Post: #23
Offline HomeSen 
(28-05-2011 12:28 PM)rajaspidey Wrote:  not working for win 7 home premium 64bit..!! btw watz that wow6432node

Where have you installed/copied the game to, and what have you set for the "Installation Dir" value?
If you originally installed it without changing the path, it should be:
Code:
"Installation Dir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\EA Games\\Battlefield Play4Free"
Also, you shouldn't copy it to the Program Files (without the x86 part) on a 64bit Windows, since Windows might get confused by that. The two Program Files folders are meant to distinguish between 64 and 32bit applications Wink

Also, when have you tried it? 2 hours ago, I figured out I had a little typo in the x64 code Blush

The Wow6432Node is for 32bit applications, installed on a 64bit OS.

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

08-06-2011, 03:19 PM | Post: #24
Offline Stat_jack 
The Key worked and The updater Run itself and checking version and stuff
and it open the small window and then disappear dunno why
Please Help Me!! Big Grin
08-06-2011, 03:51 PM | Post: #25
Offline HomeSen 
Make sure you have these two installed:
HomeSen (quoting hisself since 2010) Wrote:.NET Framework 3.5 SP1: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...da479ab0d7
.NET Framework 4.0: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...laylang=en

And to answer your question before you even ask it:
NO, it is not sufficient to only have .NETFX4.0 because it is NO UPDATE FOR .NETFX3.5SP1. These are two separate packages, providing different libraries. You definitely need .NETFX3.5SP1 and only in some cases you need version 4.0 ADDITIONALLY Wink

Install them in the given order, and make sure to change the "download language" to the one your Windows is configured to.

30-06-2011, 10:15 PM | Post: #26
Offline JAMALI 
HomeSen Thank u So much Dude It worked for me i am using xp and I downloaded Game Through Torrent Bc From this Site It takes Too much Time to Download Or Install ... So i downloaded and Copied game Into C: program files/Eagames/bfp4f when i tried to play it Starts downloading But when i Do method which u told then it works f9 thnx again ...
Method of Registry XP
Open Notepad Copy the Code And paste it in ur Notepad

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free]
"Installation Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Battlefield Play4Free"
"Language"="EN"

Now Save This in ur C: program /eagames / bfp4f save as there bfp4f.reg ... Thats alll
02-07-2011, 04:22 AM | Post: #27
Offline Thiagao-BR 
Hello my name Thiago Morais am Brazilian, I managed to solve my problem which is very similar to this, my game just did not carry so I went to regedit and deleted the windows registry and deleted the files that were installed on the local disk.
I did the following:
Start Menu / Run / type the word "regedit" without the quotes then the registry editor will open wndows for [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Electronic Arts \ EA Games \ Battlefield Play4Free] and then delete the folder Battlefield Play4Free then go to the directory where you installed the game in my case is C: \ Program Files \ EA Games \ Battlefield Play4Free. and delete the folder directory Battlefield Play4Free also then return to the site and then re-download

This issue is also hampering me of updates to the game, after I did this my game back to normal

Sorry for my English I'm using google translate because I am from Brazil and I can not speak English Hugs stay with God!
18-07-2011, 10:01 PM | Post: #28
Offline Thomasmas 
Hi guys!
I followed the instructions to the letter but now for some reason when I click Play Now, nothing happens.. What did I do wrong? I have win7 x64.
18-09-2011, 12:53 PM | Post: #29
Offline Apham313s 
(28-03-2011 11:14 PM)Possaj Wrote:  What i can add game to registry ? i have lov speed internet and i copy game from me friends and when i click"play now" is downloading.. no start ; (

instal in standard folder

Code:
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free

Hey dude nice help but after saving your code, My game is not opening at all..what to do.. help me..? Sad
18-09-2011, 02:26 PM | Post: #30
Offline RaBidDoG 
(18-09-2011 12:53 PM)Apham313s Wrote:  
(28-03-2011 11:14 PM)Possaj Wrote:  What i can add game to registry ? i have lov speed internet and i copy game from me friends and when i click"play now" is downloading.. no start ; (

instal in standard folder

Code:
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free

Hey dude nice help but after saving your code, My game is not opening at all..what to do.. help me..? Sad
thats not a code that the path.

MY RIG ON YOUTUBE
HOW TO UPLOAD DXDIAG
09-10-2011, 05:55 AM | Post: #31
Offline VladimirSvetsky 
Its still download . just double click the bfp4f.reg then Click Play Now from Web ? still download sir
10-10-2011, 07:39 AM | Post: #32
Offline HomeSen 
When you're installing the game right from website, you don't need to manually add it to the registry. The installer will do that for you Wink

10-11-2011, 02:01 PM | Post: #33
Offline BeatTheDeviL 
(30-03-2011 12:32 AM)Jihad Wrote:  In all honesty if it takes you more than 20 minutes to download the game your internet isn't good enough to play anyway. Only took me 6 minutes to download it.

Yes... I m sure , Your phone internet would be 10 X fassterrr than the Broadband/ Data transfer plans Available in India , similar countries.... **** INDIAN GOVERNMENT , Fucking FAT BASTARDS eating our MONEY ,,

P.S. : Indians Pay the same charges as Rest Of the people From anywhere( after converting into ,say for example in US $ ), still they get such crappy internet Which is just 0.05 times fast as compared to global internet services ....

[Image: fe97c0d7bce0dbc70d160342a0672e6d.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2011 02:04 PM by BeatTheDeviL.)
18-11-2011, 10:36 AM | Post: #34
Offline SIZZOR 
It work for me
after saving the notepad file,
click on registration entries Application an register it,
Run the game .
09-12-2011, 12:38 PM | Post: #35
Offline yash365 
F:/GAMES/GAMES/GAMEZZZZZZ/Battlefield4FREE
09-12-2011, 12:42 PM | Post: #36
Offline HomeSen 
(09-12-2011 12:38 PM)yash365 Wrote:  F:/GAMES/GAMES/GAMEZZZZZZ/Battlefield4FREE

Your point?

Just copy&paste the according [code] block, and adjust the "Installation Dir" value Wink

25-12-2011, 08:04 PM | Post: #37
Offline Mr_Jolly2huh 
(30-03-2011 04:10 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  

For 64bit Windows:
Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free]
"Installation Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Battlefield Play4Free"
"Language"="EN"

hey homsen thanks a lot for this info!

i have the game installed on winxp 32bit
but wanted to try on my dual boot (2nd HD) win7 64bit
(basra constantly crashing on xp! used to work heh just the loading if if it ever does load it works!)

didnt want to redownload for a couple hours on my slow connection
you dont need a superfast one to play very nicely as its like 15kb/s just as usual for games in play

i added the info manually in regedit to see what i was doing Smile
tho slight trouble that gave me with the doubled slashes... i when exported the key to see had quadro slashes by doing it that way hehe
if doing it manually u can copy the path straight to the key u make dont double them Smile

the game then knew it was installed hurra! Smile
interestingly also i now get pings in the server browser.. b4 i got 999+ Smile

basra loaded yay... got kicked by punkbuster for i guess not having it installed shortly after hehe... guess i go install that now Smile

here is what mine looks like exported if it helps an extra example

Code:

"Installation Dir"="D:\\games\\battlefield p4f"
"Language"="EN"
(This post was last modified: 25-12-2011 09:08 PM by Mr_Jolly2huh.)
27-12-2011, 04:36 PM | Post: #38
Offline HomeSen 
(25-12-2011 08:04 PM)Mr_Jolly2huh Wrote:  [snip]

i added the info manually in regedit to see what i was doing Smile
tho slight trouble that gave me with the doubled slashes... i when exported the key to see had quadro slashes by doing it that way hehe
if doing it manually u can copy the path straight to the key u make dont double them Smile

[snip]

Yeah, the "double-backslashes" are only needed when using a .reg-file to import the data. This is, because RegEdit reads the file's content as formatted text, which would allow you to include any unicode character, even if you can't type it on your keyboard Wink

(25-12-2011 08:04 PM)Mr_Jolly2huh Wrote:  basra loaded yay... got kicked by punkbuster for i guess not having it installed shortly after hehe... guess i go install that now Smile

[snip]

To install PunkBuster, simply double-click the pbsvc_p4f.exe inside the pb subfolder of your game folder Wink

EDIT: Next time you remove text from quotes, make sure to not remove the according tags. Otherwise you will produce an empty reply Wink

26-04-2012, 03:50 PM | Post: #39
Offline MaamsDouw 
Oùù Se trouve la base de registre SVP ?!
29-04-2012, 05:15 AM | Post: #40
Offline abdo-totti 
does this work for windows xp???

THIS GAME IS A SHAME IN THE GAMING HISTORY