Hello There, Guest!

15-04-2011, 08:55 PM | Post: #101
Offline =Sgt.Tuvok= 
1.host doesn't work
2.reinstalling/installing doesn't work
3. this do that and do this back stuff is some childish santa thing (never gonna work)
4.opening tha ports!!! (man just tell me which ports to open so i can play it again -_-*)

[Image: PNDME.png]
16-04-2011, 12:40 AM | Post: #102
Offline Macheco 
1. Deleting hosts in the driver folder didn't work for me.
2. Uninstalled Comodo thinking that was the problem. Reinstalled Zone Alarm. No dice, didn't work.
3. Deleted MyDocuments cache, didn't work, still stuck on the loading screen.
4. Shut down Avira, Spybot Search and Destroy and tried it again, no dice.
5. Checked for all other conflicting programs, seems none of them are doing any problem to the client.

What I do know is:

1. Punkbuster works, its not causing the issues.
2. The connection I have is fine and good for every other game except Battlefield: Heroes and this one, which doesn't make sense. (I believe the two are related to whatever system it uses for connection or service)

What I assume is, since its the same developers(Branch whatever..) The error in Battlefield: Heroes and this one is the: Error (1002). And despite searching for other threads, it seems people have this problem, and probably gave up trying to solve it. The typical response that PeerGuardian does it, or other Proxies ect, but I don't use anything like that...so thats what confuses me.

Theres also saying that the game normally does that at specific times? And you have to just wait for it to work?
16-04-2011, 01:57 AM | Post: #103
Offline snake_eater94 
For those of you that are trying to open the ports, please take a look at this thread:

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=22955

Make sure to look at other people's posts just in case you have the same error, so you can apply the same fix.

[Image: eAd35T]

Need Personal Assistance? Contact me HERE.
16-04-2011, 10:27 AM | Post: #104
Offline NODO-GT 
(14-04-2011 12:20 AM)OffaLimb Wrote:  
(14-04-2011 12:16 AM)Aksahov Wrote:  This is my first post in this thread and I've been playing the game for a little more than a week now and I *JUST* started having loading problems. It'd load just fine one day, then the next it wouldn't load at all. Now it's pretty much continuous and I haven't been able to log on at all.

Welcome to the group. If you look at your network traffic (really easy to do with Win 7's resource monitor) you can see what IP the game is trying to connect to. I'm placing good odds on if you ping that IP address you won't get a reply.

I know they can disable IMCP echo and that disables pinging, like HomeSen mentioned. However whenever I get a connection with my laptop I can ping that address without a problem, so I highly doubt they would disable the echo on only a couple of addresses, and leave it active on others.

So i have same problem as you guys.
I have posted in several other thread too.
I have checked the IP game is trying to connect and it's 94.236.97.4, and i was able to ping it...

I'm On win 7 64bit, and removing hosts.dat from etc folder didn't help me...
17-04-2011, 03:48 PM | Post: #105
Offline TORNADO747 
(14-04-2011 11:02 AM)LucifaZ Wrote:  Hey everyone, I just did something that fixed the issue, all I did was go on task manager, went on processes and end process on BFP4Fupdater.exe or something (not BFP4F.exe) and now it seems to work. Try it out Smile
sorry it did not work
18-04-2011, 05:08 PM | Post: #106
Offline Schlix 
I think the last small update ruined the system for some guys.
In my case it did. Worked well, after the small update the long loading times appeared.... I think the problem is the game system itself....

Windows 7 64 bit
18-04-2011, 05:10 PM | Post: #107
Offline snake_eater94 
Hello everyone! Anyone that can't get past the loading screen, please take a look at this thread:

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=25630

Thanks!

[Image: eAd35T]

Need Personal Assistance? Contact me HERE.
18-04-2011, 11:05 PM | Post: #108
Offline Aksahov 
This is getting to be ridiculous.
19-04-2011, 11:38 PM | Post: #109
Offline swennsq 
Sad
always on loading screen
windows vista 32 bit
avg antivirus
windows firewall

i esased host.dat and i made a new login password nothing to do

connected to internet with the router or with an usb internet key... nothing changes..always on loading screen
help

SOLVED WITH A NEW ACCOUNT WITH GMAIL Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2011 02:46 PM by swennsq.)
20-04-2011, 05:14 PM | Post: #110
Offline BadBud 
Same Here
20-04-2011, 06:21 PM | Post: #111
Offline Th3n00bsh0w 
Hey people,

I am going trough Battlefield Rehab right now. Ive got the same frikkin' problem with the darn loading screen... tried everything. No fix. Plz forum mod who was working on a toolTongue release us from agonyTongue

And btw, i searched my computer several times now, and darn it! NO HOSTS.DAT fileTongue what the f is going onConfused
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2011 06:25 PM by Th3n00bsh0w.)
20-04-2011, 09:30 PM | Post: #112
Offline TheRedditor 
I'm new to the thread... keeps on loading, and loading, and loading.
21-04-2011, 11:42 AM | Post: #113
Offline NODO-GT 
come on somebody fix it...
22-04-2011, 09:28 PM | Post: #114
Offline Aksahov 
Where the hell is the official support for this game?
I've yet to see ONE person from P4F or EA address any of the bugs people are having.
22-04-2011, 10:32 PM | Post: #115
Offline Trublu 
Here are some suggestions for lag, make sure programs are set to not start with windows and unnesseccary processes need to be ended using task manager.

Here are some examples of programs to check the startup settings for and end if currently running, these are Pando Media Booster, Video Download Accelerator, DAP, Limewire, utorrent, Skype, and any program that uses peer to peer, these type programs can have detrimental affect on your bandwidth.

You might give this a try, these commands are executed in a command window, open a command window with admintrative rights and you should be able to enter and run the first command,

ipconfig /flushdns

then you can enter and execute the next command,

arp -d *

just for your info there is a space between the d and *, then try the game again.

To start a command prompt with admin rights, click on the start button, click accessories, right click the command prompt icon, and left click run as admintrator, the user needs admin rights to do this.

Youmight want to I would try a different browser and whether or not that helps I would submit a ticket to support for this issue, it may be worthwhile to delete your internet temp files and cookies, search bars installed in a browser can have negative effect on your computer performance and bandwidth, I would recommend uninstalling these but you can probably disable them also.

You can try the suggestion in this link if you have not done so already, good luck.
http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...p?tid=2582

I read it on the internet, so it must be true!
PDL (This post was last modified: 22-04-2011 11:52 PM by Trublu.)
22-04-2011, 11:25 PM | Post: #116
Offline tkc-community 
Weeks go by and EA will not fix the issue.

They should be able but as they have not then it clearly is due to the fact they don't give a rats ass to do so.

I have never been able to get this game to do anything but show a black screen with music.

I have never had a problem with any other game I have tested.

It is like Obama is now running EA and all he wants is for you to pay taxs while the world (customer) is given the run around...or no info at all.[/b]

Inappropriate content removed - Silvanoshi
*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*
23-04-2011, 12:39 AM | Post: #117
Offline TPLSTR 
So for me the same thing happnes, but i notice that insdead of launching the game when the loading screen closes, it opens an invissible version of IE that uses about 7 times more resourses then it should. It doesnt apprear or anything, stays somehwere in the back. If i end task this new IE in the proccesses it kills the connection to the one that is open and the site goes blank. says connection is dead. If i push enter it loads up again. Wierd...
23-04-2011, 12:52 AM | Post: #118
Offline TPLSTR 
So i reinstall game and its working. For now Smile
24-04-2011, 05:41 PM | Post: #119
Offline rageWithin 
anybody found a solution?
25-04-2011, 12:19 AM | Post: #120
Offline x1ter 
any solution yet..?! =[