Hello There, Guest!

21-05-2011, 09:30 AM | Post: #181
Offline strangers123 
I got this issue in the PTE version of the game. It worked for a week then after the new map patch the game gets stuck in the infamous loading screen.
The normal game works perfectly without issue.
None of the above mentioned fixes work

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 29.62 KB / Downloads: 3)
.txt  hijackthislogfile.txt (Size: 10.56 KB / Downloads: 6)

21-05-2011, 10:20 PM | Post: #182
Offline TheVoyager 
You guys are getting stuck on the first loading screen, right? I am getting stuck on the map load screen. The bar goes all the way, but then the game doesn't start. Sometimes it just brings me back to the home page after showing me an empty scoreboard. I also just downloaded this game yesterday and played fine. Now I can't play at all...
22-05-2011, 02:34 AM | Post: #183
Offline LEEEE 
(09-04-2011 02:29 PM)Gadi Wrote:  the solution is only one and very very very SIMPLE! u only have to move the '' hosts.dat '' from the folder: windows/system32/drivers/etc
launch the game play and after u close the game move back the file hosts.dat back to its folder
(i was searching for a solution 3 weeks)

This didn't work for me Sad
22-05-2011, 05:28 AM | Post: #184
Offline Theory07 
(22-05-2011 02:34 AM)LEEEE Wrote:  
(09-04-2011 02:29 PM)Gadi Wrote:  the solution is only one and very very very SIMPLE! u only have to move the '' hosts.dat '' from the folder: windows/system32/drivers/etc
launch the game play and after u close the game move back the file hosts.dat back to its folder

Same. it didn't work for me either.
22-05-2011, 07:01 AM | Post: #185
Offline Ahcik 
mine was the same prob but then aftter pressing right click at bfp4f then it sunddenly say 'client was not open properly or something like that btw when is the next patch
22-05-2011, 08:34 AM | Post: #186
Offline Theory07 
Tried all the solutions in this thread and other similar threads as well, none of them worked out for me. Do any EA mods even look at this thread and look at the feedback we give them?
22-05-2011, 12:04 PM | Post: #187
Offline zValkyrieZz 
Still no solution? Mine got stuck a few weeks back.. and after the update it was ok.. Now its back to being stuck at the loading page.. This is getting extremely annoying >.<
23-05-2011, 03:33 AM | Post: #188
Offline TheSoviet 
I see this sh*t is still not fixed I'll be back to check in another 4 mouths..... FACE PLAM EA.....
24-05-2011, 03:11 PM | Post: #189
Offline SgtMaadadi 
GUYS please help . . i have been downloading the game the whole night because of my bad connection
and now it stuck at loading screen ??? please help Sad
24-05-2011, 03:13 PM | Post: #190
Offline SgtMaadadi 
(22-05-2011 05:28 AM)Theory07 Wrote:  
(22-05-2011 02:34 AM)LEEEE Wrote:  

Same. it didn't work for me either.

same here Sad
25-05-2011, 09:42 PM | Post: #191
Offline ctulhu_msk 

It is working!!!Tongue:Big Grin
Thanks Smile
26-05-2011, 12:46 AM | Post: #192
Offline FYNX8R 
Hey guys, no use complaining...

EA put there second rate programmers to develop BFP4F, the real guys are doing BF3.

The only thing these guys are good at is counting the hard erned money people pour in to this shitty excuse of a beta.

Calling the game BETA is a joke, with these major bugs it is still at ALFA stage.

The people at EA think we FPS guys all are money cows they can screw over to fill there fat wallets.

Only thing you can do is bend over and take it hard if you want to continue playing BFP4F.
26-05-2011, 03:50 AM | Post: #193
Offline oonebaddog 
im glad to see im not the only person with this problem...dont know whats rong with the game...i think devs need to check this out ASAP....
26-05-2011, 07:46 AM | Post: #194
Offline ironworker 
Im having the same problem, stuck on load screen. I have only had this problem since the last update.
01-06-2011, 08:38 PM | Post: #195
Offline PurpleTurtle 
Having the same problem where the game get stuck on the loading screen once the game starts, had this since closed beta unfortunately.

I've been testing around from time to time to see what's wrong, lately i've been checking if the required ports are open using 'PFportchecker' and got some strange results

Any port i type in to check if it is open results with the 'Your port is not open or not reachable' while when i check port 80 TCP i get the following message:

Quote:Could not test port 80 because some other application has that port locked.
Please close any applications that may be using this port and try again

I'm no expert in these sorts of things but something is clearly wrong, though im not sure what "application" im running is locking port 80 TCP.
01-06-2011, 10:32 PM | Post: #196
Offline HomeSen 
(01-06-2011 08:38 PM)PurpleTurtle Wrote:  Having the same problem where the game get stuck on the loading screen once the game starts, had this since closed beta unfortunately.

I've been testing around from time to time to see what's wrong, lately i've been checking if the required ports are open using 'PFportchecker' and got some strange results

Any port i type in to check if it is open results with the 'Your port is not open or not reachable' while when i check port 80 TCP i get the following message:

Quote:Could not test port 80 because some other application has that port locked.

I'm no expert in these sorts of things but something is clearly wrong, though im not sure what "application" im running is locking port 80 TCP.

It seems like this program checks, if those ports are open on your system for INBOUND connections.
Some programs that people might have installed and that use port 80, are:
- the Apache webserver (XAMPP),
- Skype (believe or not, when it isn't already used, Skype also opens port 80)
- Microsoft IIS webserver

Have you already checked your hosts file, located here:
Code:
C:\Windows\sytsem32\drivers\etc\hosts
You can open it with Notepad. If you see any line containing 127.0.0.1 AND ea.com, delete it. Since this would cause the game to try connecting to your own PC, instead of the actual servers Wink

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

02-06-2011, 04:46 AM | Post: #197
Offline PurpleTurtle 
(01-06-2011 10:32 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  
(01-06-2011 08:38 PM)PurpleTurtle Wrote:  Having the same problem where the game get stuck on the loading screen once the game starts, had this since closed beta unfortunately.

It seems like this program checks, if those ports are open on your system for INBOUND connections.
Some programs that people might have installed and that use port 80, are:
- the Apache webserver (XAMPP),
- Skype (believe or not, when it isn't already used, Skype also opens port 80)
- Microsoft IIS webserver

Have you already checked your hosts file, located here:
Code:
C:\Windows\sytsem32\drivers\etc\hosts
You can open it with Notepad. If you see any line containing 127.0.0.1 AND ea.com, delete it. Since this would cause the game to try connecting to your own PC, instead of the actual servers Wink

My hosts file does not contain anything, it is entirely blank.

By the way, i just managed to get into the game Smile

I'm not sure what exacly allowed me this but I'll explain what i did since it might help for others who are having this problem.

First i uninstalled 'Widecap', a program for setting up proxy
Then i used the taskmanager to terminate the process 'Googleupdater' and another
process that was named something similiar to 'google'.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the issue was with Googleupdater
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2011 11:13 AM by PurpleTurtle.)
15-06-2011, 11:35 PM | Post: #198
Offline DeltaOskarMike 
For what It's worth..

I found that the loading bar froze around 90%? game never loaded.. when I had selected Full Screen = yes and screen size 1024x768 but with a screen refresh which my monitor did not support (ie. 75Mhz instead of 60Mhz) even though BF suggests 60Mhz - 75Mhz refresh as screen options..

Soon as I set it back to 60Mhz (1024x768) I got though the load screen..

DeltaOskarMike
18-06-2011, 03:16 AM | Post: #199
Offline xALTAIRx 

Thanks. I was searching for the answer to this problem since the problem started.
19-06-2011, 08:08 AM | Post: #200
Offline Crash_Cart 
nothings worked for me. So far ive tried:

1). updated punk buster (fixed my invalid game data issue)
2). reinstalled
3). cleared cache
4). checked to make sure it was allowed through firewall
5). checked router
6). hosts file contain no ea.com entries, tried moving the hosts file no changes
7). tried to give admin settings to the program itself but then the game wont open. ("play now" button wont open program, and opening program manually gives the "opened wrong way" error)
8). also gave punkbuster admin priv no changes
9) gave bp4fupdater.exe admin priv but if you do that you wont be able to open it from the "play now" button. nothing happens

ive come to the conclusion that theres a problem with the updater