Hello There, Guest!

25-03-2011, 01:48 AM | Post: #1
Offline Ragdollmaster 
Hi there, my launcher refuses to work properly. It downloaded the game data but whenever I try running it just stays on the loading screen. I've waited several minutes before closing it, I've redownloaded and reinstalled it twice, I've tried using both Firefox and Chrome- all to no avail. I've actually seen two or three topics similar to this so I know it's kind of a common issue.

[Image: PleaseHelp.png]
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2011 01:48 AM by Ragdollmaster.)
25-03-2011, 07:47 AM | Post: #2
Offline Wotan1943 
have the same problem
how can I not get to the loading screen
I can load it as much as 24 hours without success
I also instaled at least 5 times each on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox
what is the cause?
25-03-2011, 12:30 PM | Post: #3
Offline Fragburger316 
I have this problem to
25-03-2011, 12:35 PM | Post: #4
Offline HomeSen 
(25-03-2011 01:48 AM)Ragdollmaster Wrote:  I've actually seen two or three topics similar to this so I know it's kind of a common issue.

Since you already used The Awesome Search Feature, why haven't you contributed to the topics you found? Have you tried the suggestions, mentioned in these threads?

Please try disabling your Firewall/Anti-Virus/Security suite. If you've installed PeerBlock/PeerGuardian or something similar, try disabling it, too. If this works, find out how to allow the game through your firewall.

If you try to play at work/school/campus, I fear you'll be unable to play there, since most SA's block "uncommon" ports Wink

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

25-03-2011, 02:08 PM | Post: #5
Offline Ragdollmaster 
I've already set Windows Firewall to allow BFP4F through, but I'll try turning it off.

Also, yes, I've tried every suggestion outlined in those threads (which I pretty much covered when I said I've tried reinstalling, using different browsers, etc) without any real results Tongue I'm playing off a home network and every other multiplayer game I've played so far works just fine, so I don't really know what the issue is. I meet and exceed the minimum specs, I've used both of the supposedly supported browsers, my firewall's off- yet I'm still stuck on the loading screen Sad
25-03-2011, 04:13 PM | Post: #6
Offline zulzedicus 
Hello, my game is still blocked on the window with the tank and I sounds but remains blocked on chargement.le game is in the exceptions of my firwall
25-03-2011, 07:17 PM | Post: #7
Offline HomeSen 
Please attach your HiJackThis.log, following this guide: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru....php?tid=9
Maybe there is another program interfering the communication.

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

25-03-2011, 07:56 PM | Post: #8
Offline RedX69 
I got the same problem, added a exception to windows firewall even tryed to turn it off, uninstaled my antivirus and used 2 diferent browsers (internet explorer, mozila firefox) runned them as admin too, but still nothing, so should i just w8 til the game full release or give it totaly up? Sad heres the 2 files that u need.

Attached File(s)
.txt  HiJackthis.txt (Size: 10.17 KB / Downloads: 134)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 31.48 KB / Downloads: 80)

25-03-2011, 08:06 PM | Post: #9
Offline HomeSen 
Well, AVG is still running. I can also see that you have RocketDock running. Please try closing RocketDock, since it sometimes caused issues with BFH. And due to the fact, that both games share the same engine, it might be that it causes problems for BFP4F, too Wink

25-03-2011, 09:37 PM | Post: #10
Offline RedX69 
ok, i closed rocket dock and avg now, and tryed with firefox and internet explorer via run as admin but still same problem. oh and about windows firewall its disabled now, mby some problem with router or?
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2011 09:38 PM by RedX69.)
26-03-2011, 01:07 AM | Post: #11
Offline Tixed 
I still have the same problem. Reinstalling won't help. As do disabling antivirus, firewall, etc. Maybe router can post a problem here - don't know.

It was described on other topic, but anyway - this one seems getting more attention. And I'll post some info here, also. Renamed "hijack" one to .txt, somehow attachment system here doesn't want me to put .log files here.

Attached File(s)
.txt  hijackthis.txt (Size: 11.91 KB / Downloads: 44)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 32.49 KB / Downloads: 29)

26-03-2011, 03:49 AM | Post: #12
Offline Roken 
It looks like there is a system error on EA's side instead of users because none of the proposed fixes (disable Firewall, disable antivirus, download C++, download DirectX, etc) seems to work at all. Dev team please look into this...
26-03-2011, 05:09 AM | Post: #13
Offline +Keijil+ 
Yeah i think so too... suddenly i just have same loading screen dam... i was fine yesterday.
26-03-2011, 07:20 AM | Post: #14
Offline Tixed 
Oh, and also - Battlefield Heroes launch and play just fine for me. So the problem is in this particular game. Guess they're somehow connected, right? Smile
26-03-2011, 08:10 AM | Post: #15
Offline Forsayken 
hmmmm... i've done everything there is to do i've Basically Disabled every anti-virus/firewall i have on my computer... and still get this damn Loading screen... anything else you got to bring to the table? if so do it please, i'm tired of waiting for this game

[Image: Forsayken3.jpg]
26-03-2011, 08:37 AM | Post: #16
Offline DukeShootum 
i've got a new pc and the software wont install , maybe its a error after the server update ...that was yesterday
26-03-2011, 01:04 PM | Post: #17
Offline HomeSen 
@Tixed:
I don't know if maybe GameGuard gets somehow in the way. Have you tried disabling it, too?

@all:
It is likely that there are server issues, since it came for some players from one day to the other, without having changed anything on their machines.

@DukeShootum:
Could you please explain a little more detailed, what actually doesn't work. But please create a new thread, or use the forum search to find a thread that matches your problem. It seems like your problem is totally unrelated to what this topic is about Wink
You can also send me a link to the new post that you via PM, and I'll check if I can help you.

26-03-2011, 01:21 PM | Post: #18
Offline +Keijil+ 
Oh well i think only thing left to do is wait for patch or something like that ... bah...
26-03-2011, 01:53 PM | Post: #19
Offline Ragdollmaster 
Here's my hijackthis.txt.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/hijackthis.log

No offense, but it doesn't seem like EA is really looking into this, and while I appreciate the support being offered by players, it's not exactly working Dodgy
I think the devs need to take a look at this.
26-03-2011, 05:19 PM | Post: #20
Offline Tixed 
(26-03-2011 01:04 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  @Tixed:
I don't know if maybe GameGuard gets somehow in the way. Have you tried disabling it, too?

It's currently disabled, as far as TaskManager can show. Still no effect. Figures, the problem is pretty wide.

Also, tried to see what it can possibly want with Sysinternals Process Monitor. Well, the last thing that gets "NAME NOT FOUND" somehow, is "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\CTF\KnownClasses". That's strange, because registry editor can open it freely, and it's not empty. Running as admin won't work.