Hello There, Guest!

07-08-2011, 06:14 PM | Post: #81
Offline silencedeath123 
(11-04-2011 01:31 AM)KoSWardenMed Wrote:  
(13-03-2011 10:19 PM)Drummernate Wrote:  *Anti-Vehicle Mine: This is the second best anti-tank gadget you can have, it will fully kill any vehicle if you place it right in front of it. The best strategy that i have found is to use them like sapper mines and run right in front or behind an enemy tank and lay them down, you may get damaged about 50-70 percent but you get the kill. They can also be used as makeshift claymores, lay them down at a corner and when an enemy pops out shoot the mine and it will kill them. I usually have just 1 skill point in this area and never really need more than 1 mine anyways.

I have tried to shoot my own mines but to no avail. does it only work if an enemy is close or is this something they fixed?

It only happens when the enemy shoots rhe mine Confused
07-08-2011, 06:40 PM | Post: #82
Offline strangers123 
To detonate a mine, you must use:
1) ANY shotgun (detonating enemy mines at close range may damage you)
2) ANY vehicle explosive weapon (blackawk minigun unconfirmed)

07-08-2011, 10:56 PM | Post: #83
Offline Solid 
(07-08-2011 06:40 PM)strangers123 Wrote:  To detonate a mine, you must use:
1) ANY shotgun (detonating enemy mines at close range may damage you)
2) ANY vehicle explosive weapon (blackawk minigun unconfirmed)
3) Sniper Rifle, SVU-A preferable (tested durng the Biathlon)

It seems that any Weapon except the common firearms detonate the AT-Mine

I´m a Community Moderator, not an official EA Representative ~nya
23-08-2011, 05:56 PM | Post: #84
Offline MrDiarrhea 
hey guys. i have just made a new engineer and tried useing the tracer rpg combo, but my rpgs do like only 15-50 damage to tanks and apcs. am i aiming at the wrong place? what should i do to get the full damage out? Angry
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2011 05:57 PM by MrDiarrhea.)
23-08-2011, 06:06 PM | Post: #85
Offline Solid 
Don´t worry, you do more damage than you can see. The Damage which you see is the minor Splash Damage which is inflicted a ms after the Impact one,

you still deal over 200 Damage + The Splash Damage.

23-08-2011, 07:04 PM | Post: #86
Offline MrDiarrhea 
(23-08-2011 06:06 PM)Solid Wrote:  Don´t worry, you do more damage than you can see. The Damage which you see is the minor Splash Damage which is inflicted a ms after the Impact one,

you still deal over 200 Damage + The Splash Damage.

oh, ok thx. so if i hit it on the front, say, ill still do 200 dmg+?
23-08-2011, 09:24 PM | Post: #87
Offline k9catforce 
(11-04-2011 01:31 AM)KoSWardenMed Wrote:  
(13-03-2011 10:19 PM)Drummernate Wrote:  *Anti-Vehicle Mine: This is the second best anti-tank gadget you can have, it will fully kill any vehicle if you place it right in front of it. The best strategy that i have found is to use them like sapper mines and run right in front or behind an enemy tank and lay them down, you may get damaged about 50-70 percent but you get the kill. They can also be used as makeshift claymores, lay them down at a corner and when an enemy pops out shoot the mine and it will kill them. I usually have just 1 skill point in this area and never really need more than 1 mine anyways.

I have tried to shoot my own mines but to no avail. does it only work if an enemy is close or is this something they fixed?

it only works with a shotgun

[Image: bfp4fnewsig.jpg]
23-08-2011, 09:27 PM | Post: #88
Offline Solid 
(23-08-2011 09:24 PM)k9catforce Wrote:  it only works with a shotgun

and any Sniper Rifle except the M95 (other CaliberWink)

and the Damage done to the Tank/APC with a RPG seems always to be ~= no matter where you hit

(This post was last modified: 23-08-2011 09:28 PM by Solid.)
23-08-2011, 11:30 PM | Post: #89
Offline TehPi3 
it is more about the person who is holding the gun example i am almost first every round with PP2000 so it is more about skill rather than weapon for me recoil on this gun is perfect
SPRAY AND PRAY

[Image: lewl.gif]
03-10-2011, 05:45 PM | Post: #90
Offline Drummernate 
Hey everyone!

I might update with the new Engineer weapons soon...

IF i ever actually find the time to play again. :/

Busy playing the buggy as heck BF3 beta where i fall into the bottomless pit of torment every time i crouch in a crater. xD

[Image: ssigj.png]

Dubstep, dragons, and tanks... Now that would make an epic game!
02-11-2011, 01:54 AM | Post: #91
Offline Drummernate 
Hey everyone!

Sorry I have not updated with Tier 3 yet... I have barely had time to test it for myself! [Dang college and its constant homework! :'(]

Anyways, when I finally find the time I will update with the tier 3 training, but I can't update with the XM8 yet because I missed the free-code deadline. (Sorry, I was a little slow checking my E-mails hahah) Maybe they will have another try the elite weapons with credits day sometime in the future?

Well, maybe in December I will update it, because that's when my semester ends.

Until then... stick with all the other awesome guides. But when you need some quick (Albeit dated) Engineer tips, you know where to look! Tongue

Nate out!

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2011 01:55 AM by Drummernate.)
02-11-2011, 01:58 AM | Post: #92
Offline SkyDog13 
(02-11-2011 01:54 AM)Drummernate Wrote:  Hey everyone!

Sorry I have not updated with Tier 3 yet... I have barely had time to test it for myself! [Dang college and its constant homework! :'(]

Anyways, when I finally find the time I will update with the tier 3 training, but I can't update with the XM8 yet because I missed the free-code deadline. (Sorry, I was a little slow checking my E-mails hahah) Maybe they will have another try the elite weapons with credits day sometime in the future?

Well, maybe in December I will update it, because that's when my semester ends.

Until then... stick with all the other awesome guides. But when you need some quick (Albeit dated) Engineer tips, you know where to look! Tongue

Nate out!

:O..... YOU ARE BACK! HUGGLEZ!

[Image: XrvwDpA.png]
04-12-2011, 07:30 PM | Post: #93
Offline Drummernate 
*Updated with new magazine size nerfs!*

I will finally be adding Tier 3 info after my Government finals tomorrow! So stay tuned! Smile

06-12-2011, 09:33 PM | Post: #94
Offline Drummernate 
*Updated with permanent purchase prices along with some slight changes and the info on the 9A-91 and the XM8c, enjoy!*

(I won't be able to add tier 3 today as planned though, so I will probably add it after the 15th or so.)

08-12-2011, 04:31 AM | Post: #95
Offline chinapwnage 
PP-2000 isn't that bad. It just takes practice and patience. Plus, it's fun to Pwn rank 2 BF noobs with it, as they ragequit pretty hard.

My job is to murder all y'all BattleFund noobs with the PP2000 and MG3!
08-12-2011, 05:40 AM | Post: #96
Offline Drummernate 
(08-12-2011 04:31 AM)chinapwnage Wrote:  PP-2000 isn't that bad. It just takes practice and patience. Plus, it's fun to Pwn rank 2 BF noobs with it, as they ragequit pretty hard.

Noted.

Adjusted the description slightly.

I also formatted it to be aligned center along with some other big format changes.

Please leave a comment if you like the new format or if you prefer the old one! Smile

29-12-2011, 07:34 PM | Post: #97
Offline Drummernate 
Updated with part 1/2 [Equipment Training] of Tier 3 Training!!!

I will release part 2/2 [Combat Training] at the beginning of January!

Enjoy!

Please comment, subscribe, and PM me with any questions! Smile

-Nate

14-01-2012, 11:43 PM | Post: #98
Offline Drummernate 
YAY!!!

I have finally updated my guide with one of its final updates, Tier 3!

It was a pleasure making this guide for you all, although at times it was a pain in the butt editing it so much after the updates... I will still update it with new weapons and update the info for it after patches, but this was the last of its major updates. Sad

I hope that it helps you learn the basics of being an Engineer and assists you in picking a weapon and skill-tree.

If you would like me to cover the Medic or Assault classes please leave a comment or send me a PM and I will begin making it. (It may take up to 1 year to fully complete it.)

See you on the field!

-Nate

(This post was last modified: 14-01-2012 11:44 PM by Drummernate.)
16-01-2012, 01:23 AM | Post: #99
Offline Stormcaller 
Quote: Drummer's >"Ultimate"< Guide for Engineer
A guide that is truly ultimate Big Grin Nice Work Smile

Stormy the Cat
[Image: stormyVSScopy_zps3bc6aa6b.png]
19-01-2012, 07:19 PM | Post: #100
Offline Hmmmmmmm 
(13-03-2011 10:17 PM)Drummernate Wrote:  (45,000) The MP7: The MP7 is basically the M-16 of the Engineer kit, it has a high rate of fire and great accuracy although its damage does suffer at extreme range. Small clip size (24) means more frequent reloading, so its not that good Vs. more than 2-3 enemies. It is still pretty good at close range too. It's probably the most well rounded gun i think.

I have the MP7 and I love it. Although, with it i can take out 7-8 people with one clip. I don't use the Attachments. So, if you raid D at Karkand and that is the only base the enemy has, i have ran into up to 14 people in one group. I can take out 7-8 of them is one clip.

It only takes 3-4 bullets to kill someone with it. So you can get 8 kills with one clip w/o attachments. This gun (with the FN P90) is a PDW (Personal Defense Weapon) and is made for Close Quarters Combat (CQC) not sniping, so it excels at short to mid range like the assault.

(13-03-2011 10:17 PM)Drummernate Wrote:  The M1911: This is my 2nd favorite pistol. Great damage, great accuracy, great range, and a great look. 4-5 shots will bring the opposition down, but with a 7 round magazine you have to be sure to hit your target or he will turn and shoot you before you can reload and finish him off.

It only take 3-4 hits to kill someone, not 4-5. This one is my favorite too.

(13-03-2011 10:17 PM)Drummernate Wrote:  (Free!) The RPG: The RPG is the most important tool the Engineer has at his disposal, with it you can totally obliterate pretty much everything. Make sure you use a tracer dart before shooting it or you might have just wasted a valuable rocket. The damage is somewhat high on tanks doing between 200-300 damage and 120-180 on APC's. This is the best way to gain points when playing on your team, just shoot some tanks and you will see you level bar raising very quickly!

Tanks it does 350-400 w/o booster, w/ booster, it does 500-600 per hit. To APC's, it does 350-400 w/o booster, w/ booster, it does 450-500.

Other then that, good job. New people will like this. I have a different setup but, that varies person to person.

[Image: zzx9.jpg]