Hello There, Guest!

28-05-2011, 08:56 AM | Post: #61
Offline U.S.Engineer 
This guide is great for Engineers!I hope all the new engineers read this.

[Image: sig24256.jpg]
28-05-2011, 11:34 PM | Post: #62
Offline DeltaForce2nd 
Tip: Never use RPG's on helicopters. Even when traced, it is very likely that the rocket will just miss.
30-05-2011, 07:14 AM | Post: #63
Offline kan3.b 
Great guide nate.

Thank you.
31-05-2011, 12:14 AM | Post: #64
Offline Drummernate 
(28-05-2011 11:34 PM)DeltaForce2nd Wrote:  Tip: Never use RPG's on helicopters. Even when traced, it is very likely that the rocket will just miss.

Yeah, i usually don't even try it, but if it is capturing a base and just hovering, or flying directly away from me i will take a shot.

Its funny when as soon as you tag a heli you see 7 RPGs flying into the air at once lol. Tongue

[Image: ssigj.png]

Dubstep, dragons, and tanks... Now that would make an epic game!
02-06-2011, 09:33 AM | Post: #65
Offline Powerplayers 
some people have bad tips T.T

Always shoot an rpg at a marked target. I found that doing that encourages my team to keep marking them. Karkand it works wonders. Even Helis. They have a chaff for a reason. so rpg's don't hit it. well after it uses it once, it has to wait, and usually 2 rpg's will take a heli out. if needed, wait for one unlucky guy to shoot his. Then launch after to snag the hit.

always mark a heli before u shoot it unless its going very slow or right at you.

don't put a mine under ur own vehicle before u repair it; that's a waste of a good mine. Just drive off somewhere you know is relatively safe and away from your own team. I have yet to have an enemy take my vehicle and if they did I would throw a mine down immeditly then.

If you have to/want to abandon a vehicle and your near enemies. put a mine under it to keep it safe from their using.
02-06-2011, 03:07 PM | Post: #66
Offline Drummernate 
(02-06-2011 09:33 AM)Powerplayers Wrote:  some people have bad tips T.T

Always shoot an rpg at a marked target. I found that doing that encourages my team to keep marking them. Karkand it works wonders. Even Helis. They have a chaff for a reason. so rpg's don't hit it. well after it uses it once, it has to wait, and usually 2 rpg's will take a heli out. if needed, wait for one unlucky guy to shoot his. Then launch after to snag the hit.

always mark a heli before u shoot it unless its going very slow or right at you.

don't put a mine under ur own vehicle before u repair it; that's a waste of a good mine. Just drive off somewhere you know is relatively safe and away from your own team. I have yet to have an enemy take my vehicle and if they did I would throw a mine down immeditly then.

If you have to/want to abandon a vehicle and your near enemies. put a mine under it to keep it safe from their using.

Hard to do if the enemy throws a grenade or just shoots you! Id much rather use one of my mines to keep them from getting my tank and steal it for the rest of the match especially if they are good.

I rarely even need more than 2 mines anyways and i use them like so...

1 for if a tank or jeep tries to run me over, and another if i need to repair. With the increase RPG skill i really don't need to worry about mines because im rarely that close to the tanks.

I prefer RPG sniping and using emplaced weapons and vehicles since it puts me in less danger. (Usually)

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2011 03:09 PM by Drummernate.)
02-06-2011, 10:03 PM | Post: #67
Offline ThiDOD 
Nice guide, but there almost no engineers Sad

Click the Sig for Rush
07-06-2011, 09:10 PM | Post: #68
Offline Drummernate 
Updated with info on the UZI! Smile

12-06-2011, 01:58 PM | Post: #69
Offline Zippownz 
Nice guide man, i started playing as an engineer yesterday and im doing pretty well :P i really like when people trace vehicles when i cant even see them and the just shoot my rpg and it comes down like an airstrike haha
12-06-2011, 05:31 PM | Post: #70
Offline slowashell 
(28-05-2011 11:34 PM)DeltaForce2nd Wrote:  Tip: Never use RPG's on helicopters. Even when traced, it is very likely that the rocket will just miss.

That's not correct. You can miss sure but I've destroyed lots of helis using rpg's. Not a good reason to not use them.

Proud user of the sqare shooting pistol
16-06-2011, 03:43 PM | Post: #71
Offline DefaultWarrior 
NIce job, but I prefer Uzi over MP5 and M1911 over P226 Big Grin

[Image: unleddefaultwarrior.png]

Click here for attack heli guide!
16-06-2011, 07:37 PM | Post: #72
Offline 6Johan6 
(12-06-2011 05:31 PM)slowashell Wrote:  

That's not correct. You can miss sure but I've destroyed lots of helis using rpg's. Not a good reason to not use them.

Just takes proper timing.
Trace a helicopter, shoot when it is flying away from you, in a straight line, and you cant miss.
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2011 07:38 PM by 6Johan6.)
17-06-2011, 01:30 AM | Post: #73
Offline Drummernate 
(16-06-2011 07:37 PM)6Johan6 Wrote:  

Trace a helicopter, shoot when it is flying away from you, in a straight line, and you cant miss.

Unless it is flying really really fast like i do! Tongue

I can avoid all ground fired RPG's just because i fly so fast. Big Grin

If they shoot behind me it cant keep up before it fizzles out.

18-06-2011, 02:21 AM | Post: #74
Offline pickypaul 
I am fairly new to this game being an avid long time Crossfire player. I am loving this game playing as an engineer, so thanks much for this guide, I have learned a lotExclamation. One thing I just figured out using the LMB (I think they are called) Rockets, is that after firing you can actually steer them as they fly. Maybe everybody knew this already but I have not seen it posted yet and I was thrilled and amazed at discovering this as I got some pretty cool kills. I have done a lot of counter sniping with these rockets as well as my RPG and actually I have gotten more long range kills with these than I have with my RPG.
18-06-2011, 05:33 AM | Post: #75
Offline 0utburst 
No love for the spas-15? It's the best shotgun at midrange if you know where to aim (between CQ and midrange). I usually kill enemies in 3 shots average with it but it can be done in 2 also. You don't even need to zoom in (I think hip fire is the term). BTW on the combat expertise, it's good to put 1 point on grenade skill awareness to know if a grenade is thrown so you could run for cover. But overall, it's a great guide!

@EAsy on our Legacy Weapons/Attachments:
NERF for the sake of balance is ACCEPTABLE. REMOVAL without proper replacements or refund is NOT!

Meanwhile, I am having so much fun playing Ghost Recon Online. Tongue
12-07-2011, 10:31 PM | Post: #76
Offline repair_unit_pl 
Add to your tutorial:
Anti-vehicle mine dmg rate: I got between 450 and 950. I usually use combo: if mine doesn't kill i finish the job with rpg.

The rpg may be good light artillery on non-vehicle maps. It actually kills with one direct hit and does some dmg around.
14-07-2011, 04:11 AM | Post: #77
Offline Drummernate 
(12-07-2011 10:31 PM)repair_unit_pl Wrote:  Add to your tutorial:
Anti-vehicle mine dmg rate: I got between 450 and 950. I usually use combo: if mine doesn't kill i finish the job with rpg.

The rpg may be good light artillery on non-vehicle maps. It actually kills with one direct hit and does some dmg around.
Will do!

(13-03-2011 10:17 PM)Drummernate Wrote:  Rocket Launchers:

The RPG: The RPG is the most important tool the Engineer has at his disposal, with it you can totally obliterate pretty much everything. Make sure you use a tracer dart before shooting it or you might have just wasted a valuable rocket. The damage is somewhat high on tanks doing between 200-300 damage and 120-180 on APC's. This is the best way to gain points when playing on your team, just shoot some tanks and you will see you level bar raising very quickly!

Just think: 300x4 (Minus 200 because it only gives you a max of 1000) = 1000 points + 50 for killing an enemy + 50 for destroying a vehicle. That's a total of about 1100 points for killing ONE thing on the field. Not to mention if you kill a tank with 2 people you get even more points. Tongue

That is as much as capturing 5 bases, or killing 22 people!

The RPG can also be used for long range sniper-like shots against infantry, be careful though as it has a substantial amount of drop and you will have to adjust accordingly. Once you get used to the drop you can start beating snipers at their own game, and humiliate them at the same time! Wink

The are a few downsides to the RPG though... it takes a long time to reload, has very little splash damage, and it MUST be aimed before shooting or it has a 80% chance of flying right into the ground. Consider the long reload time when in combat, and switch back to your primary weapon until you can find a good spot to reload the RPG while in a safe area.

*Note that the damage Vs. vehicles is based on the standard tank without any armor enhancements from skill points.*

Done!

(13-03-2011 10:19 PM)Drummernate Wrote:  Equipment Expertise:
*Anti-Vehicle Mine: This is the second best anti-tank gadget you can have, it will severely hurt any vehicle that it explodes on. The best strategy that i have found is to use them like sapper mines and run right in front or behind an enemy tank and lay them down, you may get damaged about 50-70 percent but you usually get the kill. Mines typically do about 450-1000 damage to tanks, depending on where they explode. IF it doesn't kill it with one mine just pull out the trusty RPG and finish it off! >;D (I'm fairly sure they always kill APC's in one mine.)

Done! Smile

(This post was last modified: 14-07-2011 04:13 AM by Drummernate.)
15-07-2011, 08:32 AM | Post: #78
Offline Healmon 
(16-06-2011 03:43 PM)DefaultWarrior Wrote:  NIce job, but I prefer Uzi over MP5 and M1911 over P226 Big Grin

(16-06-2011 07:37 PM)6Johan6 Wrote:  

I've taken down a plane using a RPG. Timing is indeed everything. From the tracer shot to the RPG.
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2011 08:33 AM by Healmon.)
29-07-2011, 07:12 PM | Post: #79
Offline Drummernate 
*Updated with info on the AKS-74U!*

Enjoy! Smile

04-08-2011, 04:52 PM | Post: #80
Offline SniperInChina 
wow, nice guide!