Hello There, Guest!

18-05-2011, 04:26 AM | Post: #41
Offline Drummernate 
Updated after the latest nerf... i mean patch. :/

I won't be adding the newer weapons until i can try them out for myself...

That means EA has to release another try before you buy thing before i will write a review.

[Image: ssigj.png]

Dubstep, dragons, and tanks... Now that would make an epic game!
(This post was last modified: 18-05-2011 04:29 AM by Drummernate.)
19-05-2011, 03:59 PM | Post: #42
Offline DefaultWarrior 
Yeah I hope we will be able to try out the new elites soon for free Big Grin

[Image: unleddefaultwarrior.png]

Click here for attack heli guide!
19-05-2011, 05:54 PM | Post: #43
Offline coax. 
I can give a breif review of the MP5:

Well it has a 35 round mag, so nothing new here. Same for the firerate.
What makes this gun stand out is its long range damage and accuracy. It hits for about 16-18 at long range, whih is far more then the damage of the other SMGs and has about the same accuracy as the MP7, maybe a tiny bit less, but if you shoot in bursts it's extremly accurate.
the close range damage is a little less than the UMP, but thats not really important since 2 damage aren't that big of a deal.
The real downside is the reload time which is far longer than what you would expect from an SMG.

I'm still pretty happy with that gun and you get a ton of kills because you can now actually kill people at long range.
19-05-2011, 07:58 PM | Post: #44
Offline DefaultWarrior 
(19-05-2011 05:54 PM)coax. Wrote:  I can give a breif review of the MP5:

Well it has a 35 round mag, so nothing new here. Same for the firerate.
What makes this gun stand out is its long range damage and accuracy. It hits for about 16-18 at long range, whih is far more then the damage of the other SMGs and has about the same accuracy as the MP7, maybe a tiny bit less, but if you shoot in bursts it's extremly accurate.
the close range damage is a little less than the UMP, but thats not really important since 2 damage aren't that big of a deal.
The real downside is the reload time which is far longer than what you would expect from an SMG.

I'm still pretty happy with that gun and you get a ton of kills because you can now actually kill people at long range.

I snipe people no prob with the Vet MP7.

[Image: unleddefaultwarrior.png]

Click here for attack heli guide!
19-05-2011, 08:02 PM | Post: #45
Offline Greatfullded 
More people need to pay attention to this:

"Vehicle Repair Tool: This is the medic bag of the engineer, with this high-tech tool you can repair any vehicle known to man just by grinding the tip against a vehicle's side! The upgrades to this ability make it repair MUCH faster than the original version. The original one can take around 1 minute to fully repair a wounded tank, but the fully upgraded one takes less than 30 seconds! This tool is great if you use tanks a lot or like to keep your teams tanks on the field longer."

because in the last 7 to 10 days I've had, at best, 3 engineers give me a repair. The worst part is I'm not exaggerating. I've seen screen shots and videos of players who don't even have the repair tool equipped and they don't even upgrade those abilities. It becomes clear who has and who has not played a BF game before.

[Image: 53.gif]
19-05-2011, 08:06 PM | Post: #46
Offline coax. 
Me too but the MP5 does a lot more damage at long range. I've used the vets mp7 almost exclusively before so I know it's damn accurate, but the mp5 just takes it to another level.

Damage at long range for the Vets MP7: 10-14
Damage at long range for the MP5: 14-18
22-05-2011, 10:29 PM | Post: #47
Offline Slim 
You have to work the part with the UMP over. Wink

23-05-2011, 04:39 AM | Post: #48
Offline Drummernate 
(22-05-2011 10:29 PM)Slim Wrote:  You have to work the part with the UMP over. Wink

Good idea, i tried it in the PTE today and its performance was so underwhelming i was totally amazed that it is a Elite weapon... Basically just a pp2k on steroids now... mild steroids. Tongue

(This post was last modified: 23-05-2011 04:39 AM by Drummernate.)
23-05-2011, 04:54 PM | Post: #49
Offline Bagelboy 
Your sig says proud non-battlefunder, but you've got the UMP equipped and a paid uniform...
23-05-2011, 05:39 PM | Post: #50
Offline PsYengineer 
always i see engineers and i have about 500 health with my tank and they wont repair it S:
23-05-2011, 05:57 PM | Post: #51
Offline Drummernate 
(23-05-2011 04:54 PM)Bagelboy Wrote:  Your sig says proud non-battlefunder, but you've got the UMP equipped and a paid uniform...

That picture was from the closed beta when everything was free Wink

It could have even been from the PTE where you get the UMP trial and the new uniforms... (But it wasn't lol im just saying it COULD have been.)

I have not spent a dime on this game, and i probably wont unless they release some sort of uber awesome something or other.

23-05-2011, 06:13 PM | Post: #52
Offline exair 
(23-05-2011 05:57 PM)Drummernate Wrote:  
(23-05-2011 04:54 PM)Bagelboy Wrote:  Your sig says proud non-battlefunder, but you've got the UMP equipped and a paid uniform...

It could have even been from the PTE where you get the UMP trial and the new uniforms... (But it wasn't lol im just saying it COULD have been.)

I have not spent a dime on this game, and i probably wont unless they release some sort of uber awesome something or other.

MP5

[Image: kDGVL]
24-05-2011, 12:41 PM | Post: #53
Offline Bagelboy 
(23-05-2011 05:57 PM)Drummernate Wrote:  

Ahhh, ok. My bad.
24-05-2011, 09:12 PM | Post: #54
Offline Drummernate 
Updated with the new Elite weapons!

MP5 SMG

P226 Pistol

SPAZ 15 Shotgun

(Thanks for giving us the trial codes EA! Tongue)

26-05-2011, 07:42 PM | Post: #55
Offline Th0raxeIV 
Bump for awesome guide

[Image: espanhol7.png]

Times called Hacker: 4`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;‹]???­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­)
27-05-2011, 05:53 PM | Post: #56
Offline [TSS]Ballanor-E 
(13-03-2011 10:19 PM)Drummernate Wrote:  *Combat Resilience: This ability increases the speed you heal from all sources, i usually save this for my medic class because it does not help too much when you are an engineer. I think it also speeds the healing you receive from the helipad repair stations as well.

is this proven? I might get this just for the faster jet/heli vehicle repairs if it does work, cause I fly so much. I have noticed the repairs seem to change but not sure how/why? Sometimes it heals 4 per tick, sometimes its like 16 per tick. Can't seem to figure out what changes it. My theory is it has something to do with how many bases you or the enemy have. Haven't tested anything out yet though.
27-05-2011, 06:04 PM | Post: #57
Offline Drummernate 
(27-05-2011 05:53 PM)Ballanor Wrote:  
(13-03-2011 10:19 PM)Drummernate Wrote:  

is this proven? I might get this just for the faster jet/heli vehicle repairs if it does work, cause I fly so much. I have noticed the repairs seem to change but not sure how/why? Sometimes it heals 4 per tick, sometimes its like 16 per tick. Can't seem to figure out what changes it. My theory is it has something to do with how many bases you or the enemy have. Haven't tested anything out yet though.

Yeah i tested it the other day, it does greatly increase healing speed when in a heli by almost double.

27-05-2011, 06:26 PM | Post: #58
Offline BattleDonkey 
Great guide Drummernate ! I am an Engi by nature and am most fond of this class of soldier. I am still using the PP2000 and yes I run out of ammo too quickly. Keep up the good work !

[Image: 45716005.png]
28-05-2011, 05:27 AM | Post: #59
Offline :)EMOTE200 
nice guide,do you have any tips on leveling up an engineer
thx
28-05-2011, 07:44 AM | Post: #60
Offline Drummernate 
(28-05-2011 05:27 AM):)EMOTE200 Wrote:  nice guide,do you have any tips on leveling up an engineer
thx

Yep, just shoot tanks mostly, if you kill them you get 1100 points for a tank and 700 for an APC. (Assuming you did all the damage)

Usually i would set up a kit with both of the extra RPG ammo skill, and then some of the vehicle ones like heli pilot, then put a point or two into anti tank mines and you got a point getting machine! Wink

Should only take about a day for each level past 15 if you play a lot. Smile