Hello There, Guest!

12-03-2011, 05:37 PM | Post: #1
Offline Johnysnake 
Hey soldiers,

I need your help over here!
Battlefield Play4Free Jet Guide

Soon we will move on to the Open Beta and thousands of new players will join us. They will help us testing the game and join us in-game and on the forums. We will also be able to help them with explaining how things work.

Those who like piloting a jet will most likely check out the Jet Guide and discover the world of jets and pilots in BFP4F. The guide already provides a lot usefull information for them and more will be added before we hit Open Beta.

But unfortunately there is one thing i currently can´t do. Which is creating good quality video tutorials, due to the old pc i´m currently using (my main pc is broken). So i came up with an nice idea and i hope you all can help me with that.

Jet video tutorial contest
Start capturing video material in which you demonstrate tactics/maneuvers, explain setups, etc. It should all be related to the things that are (or will be) mentioned in the Battlefield Play4Free Jet Guide. So that i can add the video´s later to each section of the guide. Currently there are already some video´s added, but those are from BF2, other games and real life. It would be great to see some awesome BFP4F video´s instead. Only the best video´s will be added and will get lots of attention in the upcomming period or even for as long as this game will be played by maybe millions of players.

Things you need to do:
  • Pick a subject of which you gonna make the video about. Make use of things mentioned in the guide or something that has not been mentioned yet, but worth to be mentioned in the guide.
  • Capture video material. You can use programs like Fraps for this.
  • Edit your scenes with an video edit program, like Windows Movie Maker
  • The video needs to be at least 30 seconds long and at a maximum of 5 minutes.
  • Mention the Battlefield Play4Free Jet Guide. You can use the logo if you want.
  • Upload your video on http://www.youtube.com and share the link in this thread.
    DO NOT UPLOAD ANY VIDEO´S UNTILL WE HAVE PERMISSION TO DO IT.
    Gues this would be when we move on to Open Beta.

A suggestion by Solid:
Don´t use Sony Entertainment stuff! Because of restrictions some countries forbid these videos and block them.

All winning video´s will be added to the Jet Guide and listed below.
Video´s made by community members:
  • ... (by ...)
  • ... (by ...)
  • ... (by ...)
  • ... (by ...)
  • ... (by ...)
  • ... (by ...)
  • ... (by ...)
  • ... (by ...)
  • ... (by ...)
  • ... (by ...)

(This post was last modified: 13-03-2011 01:14 AM by Johnysnake.)
12-03-2011, 05:45 PM | Post: #2
Online Solid 
I´m in Big Grin
Sadly we have ~2-3 Weeks till the OB Sad

/Reserved

Edit:
A Suggestion:
Don´t try to use Sony Entertainment stuff and upload the Video on Youtube! Because of (stupid) Restrictions some countries forbid these videos and block them, like Germany (.de) where i live in

[Image: b6975638bd.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2011 05:52 PM by Solid.)
12-03-2011, 08:02 PM | Post: #3
Offline [FR]Scompe 
Yon can use BF2 to make the video, tactics/maneuvers, explain setups are the same but you don't brake the NDA.

If your PC is very old you will have a trouble for editing the movie.

12-03-2011, 08:14 PM | Post: #4
Offline zenzei 
/reserved i will make one i gues
13-03-2011, 01:04 AM | Post: #5
Offline ])RAG()N 
(12-03-2011 08:02 PM)0x5b;FR0x5d;Scompe Wrote:  Yon can use BF2 to make the video, tactics/maneuvers, explain setups are the same but you don't brake the NDA.

Heres a BF2 one http://www.wegame.com/watch/BattleField_2_Kubra_Dam/ and hopefully the next map to come to BP4F

[Image: dragonchopper.png]
13-03-2011, 01:09 AM | Post: #6
Offline Johnysnake 
(12-03-2011 08:02 PM)0x5b;FR0x5d;Scompe Wrote:  You can use BF2 to make the video, tactics/maneuvers, explain setups are the same but you don't brake the NDA.

I do know that BF2 is quite simulair and i´m able to run BF2 or most video editing programs without too many problems. But BFP4F takes just that little more system requirements than BF2 that i´m unable to record high quality scenes at this moment.

About recording scenes in BF2... Well, that´s what i trying to avoid. I´m talking about the Battlefield Play4Free Jet Guide, so it would be great to have Battlefield Play4Free material instead. New players should see what they are able to do and how things look like in this game and not in BF2. People who start recording scenes will not break the NDA, they will break the NDA once they upload video´s before we have permission to do so. As i clearly sad before: DO NOT UPLOAD ANY VIDEO´S UNTILL WE HAVE PERMISSION TO DO IT.

This contest is a beta community project and offers early BF4F pilots a chance to get in the spotlights. They even might become BFP4F celebrities or atleast teachers for a bunch of new BFP4F pilots.

(This post was last modified: 13-03-2011 01:16 AM by Johnysnake.)
13-03-2011, 01:29 AM | Post: #7
Offline [KZ-0]Archangel 
Johny! Keep me up to date! Your Guide is prolly the best around for flying. 'trying to figure out some form of rating system to help organize The List So! Should you have any input on my end let me know! perhaps in the near future i'll suggest a "Forum community rating system" to help weed out the "Guides" that plague that section of the forum... Anyway. Just lemme know so i can figure some junk out.

13-03-2011, 02:27 AM | Post: #8
Offline Johnysnake 
(13-03-2011 01:29 AM)0x5b;KZ-00x5d;Archangel Wrote:  Johny! Keep me up to date! Your Guide is prolly the best around for flying. 'trying to figure out some form of rating system to help organize The List So! Should you have any input on my end let me know! perhaps in the near future i'll suggest a "Forum community rating system" to help weed out the "Guides" that plague that section of the forum... Anyway. Just lemme know so i can figure some junk out.

Hehe Big Grin. Great! I hope i can score some stars. I´ll keep working on it.

A [Image: star-1.png]
[Image: star-1.png]
guide would be awesome. Although it would be up to the forum users to rate it. I´ll do my best and keep you up to date.

I´m planning to finish most of the guide just before we move on to open beta. I actually promised someone else that i already would have finished it. But it will be a little later. I´m trying to do it as well as possible, but that also requires more work and time. The video´s will be added as soon as we are able to host them somewhere, which would be youtube. Gues it will be when we hit open beta and are allowed to post stuff on public places. Or if a community representive offers us an alternative, we can host them somewhere else earlier. We will see what happens. Thanks for your support. As well for those who already started with the video´s. Heard some enthusiastic voices today.

Edit & answer: I´ve been thinking about a rating system. With usage of the current forum options, it could look like this:

You have a maximum of 10 poll answers that can be given. So it´s not possible to add all guides to 1 poll. Even if you would split the guides in different sections and for each section a poll, you would have a problem when someone creates a new guide.

So my idea is to create a poll for each guide. The guide owner can refer to the poll in his guide and asks visitors of the guide to rate it. You create those polls and keep a list of them in your guide list guide. The amount of answers would be up to you. This could be 1/2/3, 1/2/3/4/5 or even 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10. The last would be the nicest, i think. But would also be a lot work. Although 1-3 or 1-5 would be better when you work with a star system. It would also be a major amount of polls, but with already 26 pages of polls it shouldn´t be a problem, except the work you need to put in it. If you need any help to get started, give me a shout.

(This post was last modified: 13-03-2011 03:15 AM by Johnysnake.)
13-03-2011, 02:22 PM | Post: #9
Offline Man-E-Faces 
Ok i am working on a Nice Jet and Chopper Tutorial,as we have some time,i can do a good one.
I m reporting when its done.

[Image: banner4681.gif]
13-03-2011, 03:17 PM | Post: #10
Offline postman-muecke 
(13-03-2011 01:09 AM)Johnysnake Wrote:  
(12-03-2011 08:02 PM)0x5b;FR0x5d;Scompe Wrote:  You can use BF2 to make the video, tactics/maneuvers, explain setups are the same but you don't brake the NDA.

I do know that BF2 is quite simulair and i´m able to run BF2 or most video editing programs without too many problems. But BFP4F takes just that little more system requirements than BF2 that i´m unable to record high quality scenes at this moment.

About recording scenes in BF2... Well, that´s what i trying to avoid. I´m talking about the Battlefield Play4Free Jet Guide, so it would be great to have Battlefield Play4Free material instead. New players should see what they are able to do and how things look like in this game and not in BF2. People who start recording scenes will not break the NDA, they will break the NDA once they upload video´s before we have permission to do so. As i clearly sad before: DO NOT UPLOAD ANY VIDEO´S UNTILL WE HAVE PERMISSION TO DO IT.

I think the idea is that there is NO video at all from the beta period because that won't represent the game correctly when it is released, so also no video from the beta after the release, I could be wrong ofcourse ..

13-03-2011, 03:47 PM | Post: #11
Offline Johnysnake 
(13-03-2011 03:17 PM)postman-muecke Wrote:  
(13-03-2011 01:09 AM)Johnysnake Wrote:  
(12-03-2011 08:02 PM)0x5b;FR0x5d;Scompe Wrote:  ...

I think the idea is that there is NO video at all from the beta period because that won't represent the game correctly when it is released, so also no video from the beta after the release, I could be wrong ofcourse ..

For as far as i can remember, i thought that with the Open Beta period of BFH we could record & upload images/video´s on public places. Although i´not 100% sure. At that time the game was for around 90/95% finished. Also i believe there was a video contest during that time. I think it helps promoting the game.

But we will need to wait for official answers. During that time, everyone can work on their video´s.

Maybe we can upload the video´s somewhere else, on a with password protected hosting site. Or a place offered by EA, so that they can select which video´s are representive or not. We will see what they say.

Also hope that they fix the bugged views soon. So people can record proper scenes.

14-03-2011, 07:38 PM | Post: #12
Offline Johnysnake 
/bump