Hello There, Guest!

14-04-2014, 04:24 PM | Post: #1
Offline NemesisReloaded 
Hi guys, I was playing BFp4f as I had Win Vista, but now I have a Mac and it doesn't run here. But is it possible to run this game via WINE? I mean like porting IE, firefox or chrome ( the .exe version for Windows) and then run this game by using this website?
This would be really really cool ( not to mention that I have spent some money in it, too ) , however the best solution would be to make it either browser or client based to make it run on pretty much every system, instead of this stupid ******** as it works now with. Why is it actually so hard to make a decent program me?
If nobody does anything BFpf4 will lose one more loyal gamer Sad

Greets

Moderator HomeSen edit:
Max. size for the full signature can not exceed 250 pixels in height and/or 900 pixels in width. This includes images, text, quotes and links. Maximum combined size may not exceed 500KB. Please read the FORUM RULES before posting a new one.

[img]http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/fuk%20you/grand/you_are_banned_gif.gif[img]
14-04-2014, 04:51 PM | Post: #2
Offline ManBearPig88 
(14-04-2014 04:24 PM)NemesisReloaded Wrote:  Hi guys, I was playing BFp4f as I had Win Vista, but now I have a Mac and it doesn't run here. But is it possible to run this game via WINE? I mean like porting IE, firefox or chrome ( the .exe version for Windows) and then run this game by using this website?
This would be really really cool ( not to mention that I have spent some money in it, too ) , however the best solution would be to make it either browser or client based to make it run on pretty much every system, instead of this stupid ******** as it works now with. Why is it actually so hard to make a decent program me?
If nobody does anything BFpf4 will lose one more loyal gamer Sad

Greets

Install windows on your MAC using Bootcamp -> install P4F -> Have fun.

(thats what I did for 2 years and it ran fine on medium at 90 FPS)

-> -> -> Full In-Depth Recon Guide! <- <- <-
14-04-2014, 04:59 PM | Post: #3
Offline HomeSen 
Technically, it's possible to install the game under WINE, by simply running IE/Chrome/Firefox in WINE and following the normal procedure. The caveat, though, is that PunkBuster doesn't work properly under WINE (in OS X; on Linux it is reported to "sometimes work"). It will kick you for API restrictions and other "seemingly unrelated" reasons.
Your best bet is (as ManBear already mentioned) running the Boot Camp Assistant and installing Windows on a second partition (don't worry if you never did anything like that, the assistant will guide you and it's pretty straight-forward). Additionally to using BootCamp, I'd recommend installing rEFInd, so you get a graphical selection screen, every time you boot up your Mac. It's way more handy than having to press&hold the Option key, as soon as the chimes sound or using the "Startup disk" preferences pane to always manually switch it Wink

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

Yesterday, 11:37 AM | Post: #4
Offline NemesisReloaded 
(14-04-2014 04:59 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  Technically, it's possible to install the game under WINE, by simply running IE/Chrome/Firefox in WINE and following the normal procedure. The caveat, though, is that PunkBuster doesn't work properly under WINE (in OS X; on Linux it is reported to "sometimes work"). It will kick you for API restrictions and other "seemingly unrelated" reasons.
Your best bet is (as ManBear already mentioned) running the Boot Camp Assistant and installing Windows on a second partition (don't worry if you never did anything like that, the assistant will guide you and it's pretty straight-forward). Additionally to using BootCamp, I'd recommend installing rEFInd, so you get a graphical selection screen, every time you boot up your Mac. It's way more handy than having to press&hold the Option key, as soon as the chimes sound or using the "Startup disk" preferences pane to always manually switch it Wink
NOOOOOO! But thanks, now I know I am doomed (hopefully not Smile ). Doesn't partitioning slower down the OSX performance ? However, I just have WinVista, anyways, so ....

Moderator HomeSen edit:
Max. size for the full signature can not exceed 250 pixels in height and/or 900 pixels in width. This includes images, text, quotes and links. Maximum combined size may not exceed 500KB. Please read the FORUM RULES before posting a new one.

[img]http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/fuk%20you/grand/you_are_banned_gif.gif[img]