[GUIDE] RemarkaBil's Guide to Training Abilities [Updated 18MAY]
Hello There, Guest!

06-03-2011, 06:14 PM | Post: #1
Offline RemarkaBil 
RemarkaBil's Guide to Training Abilities

Having seen no other guide I've taken it upon myself to lay out each ability for those who have not explored each branch of the training tree. Spelling and grammar of each skill description are taken verbatim from the training menu to reduce confusion. Following each explanation will be my own evaluation of the skill. I have not timed the global cooldowns on the skills nor do I have exact numbers on their effects in-game, so be aware. Caveat: you can ALWAYS respec! Find the skills that work for you and keep things fun.

If you want to do me a personal favor, please read Tehjman's Common Sense Guide, Funk's COMPLETE Battlefield Play 4 Free Guide, and TommyTrooper's Oversimplified Aid to Battlefield Play4Free before, during, or after reading mine. All are well written and cover anything you could want to know to be the best BF:P4F player you can be. For everything else, refer to Arch's List of Guides.

This guide was formatted as recommended in Arch's Guide to Writing Guides. Thanks to [KZ-0]Archangel for spearheading the charge for sane and informative posts on these forums.

Combat Expertise:

These skills round out a character. My belief is that they contribute more to a player early on than class skills, but your mileage may vary. The following descriptions are not class specific unless otherwise stated.

Grenade Awareness: Tier 1 This skill allows an icon to be attached to incoming enemy grenades in your area, giving you extra time to avoid them. Added training points (three total) increase the range of your character's ability to "notice" enemy grenades. Usefulness: It's a rare occasion that you won't see a grenade coming at you. Either you're holding a high traffic area defensively and should expect it, or an enemy is using the grenade as a clearing measure before rounding a corner/climbing stairs or a ladder. In both cases a good position and having your head on a swivel will be a better deterrent than putting points into this skill. For more details, consult ChaosTheory's Grenades! Grenades! Grenades! guide.

Mortar Strike Awareness: Tier 1 Target location of enemy Mortar Strikes are revealed. Added points (two total) increase the character's range of awareness. Usefulness: Mortar Strikes are currently unavailable, so this one should be a no-brainer. The *only* reason to take this skill currently is if you want skills that require it as a prerequisite (Avoid Trip-wire: Basic and Advanced).

Improved Threat Awareness: Tier 1 Reveals enemy name tags more quickly when scouting down range. Added training points (four total) increase the level of threat awareness. Usefulness: Perhaps the best Combat Expertise skill there is. This skill will allow a player to spot distant or obscured targets, and with practice, eliminate, spot or tag them without detection. This skill coupled with Rukqoa's One Button Spot makes for a much more tactically aware team.

Advanced Reconnaissance (Recon only): Tier 2 When using your "Spotted" action you will also reveal other enemies near your target. Added training points (five total) will reveal up to six nearby targets. Usefulness: Recon isn't just about pushing projectiles through brainpans. It's also an overwatch role. Since Recon doesn't get Improve Threat Awareness and relies on visual confirmation (i.e. you have to see your target) this can light up your next few targets and allow your team to get a "head's up" before advancing on a position. This can mean the difference between a flag capture or a clusterf**k.

Request Reinforcements (Assault only): Tier 1 When activated the teammates who die in your general area spawn on you. Investment in this skill grants you a "flare gun" gadget on the Weapon tab which must be equipped for the ability to be activated. Usefulness: For a single training point you have the ability to completely turn the tide of battle. Manage to sneak to the enemy's poorly defended flag alone? Pop this and not only might you secure the flag more quickly, but you've just given your respawned teammates 200 points apiece. Defending against multiple targets? Activate and watch your last stand become an ambush. The cooldown is lengthy, so consider carefully when (and where!) you use it.

Sniper Combat Awareness (Engineer and Medic): Tier 1 or 2 Unlocked after investing four points in Improved Threat Awareness. An alert will sound when an enemy sniper is targeting you. The sniper's position is revealed when they fire on you. The alert sound is a sharp intake of breath. Usefulness: Worthwhile if you are unfamiliar with the map terrain. This can give you a chance to get cover, but more often than not it's already too late. Awareness and map familiarity will prove more of an asset than this skill over time.

Tactical Reflexes (Assault, Engineer and Medic): Tier 1 Upgrade your HUD to indicate the direction from which damage was inflicted. The first point indicates in front or behind, the second further refines to a general direction, and three gives a specific direction. Usefulness: Again, situational and tactical awareness will serve you better. You're already taking damage, and if you don't know the likely places the shooter is at, you won't find him/her until you see the killcam - even with three points in the skill. For more details, consult ChaosTheory's The Mechanics of Tactical Reflexes.

Physical Training: Safe Fall: Tier 1 Increase the height at which you can safely fall. Usefulness: This skill is one I normally take in order to access Tier 2 abilities. The few hit points saved from a failed parachute jump (and you *will* be failing to use the parachute often) off of a three-story building can make the difference in a firefight.

Physical Training: Power Climb: Tier 1 Increase the speed you climb ladders. Usefulness: This skill minimizes the time you are exposed on a ladder. Since its use is so limited, I disregard it.

Combat Resilience: Tier 1 or 2 Increase the health you receive from all sources. One training point nets a 1% increase, two gives you 2%, and three gives 4%. Usefulness: This is a VERY good skill, but three skill points to get the full benefit is a tough investment. As a Medic, placing all three points here makes you nigh indestructible. If you play another class, you'll need to be sure you've got a Medic buddy that dispenses boxes to take advantage of this skill; I have noticed no discernible effect on adrenaline or bandages from Combat Resilience at any level.

Avoid Trip Wire: Basic: Tier 1 or 2 Avoid trip wires of enemy claymores while jogging (your default movement speed) to prevent them from detonating. Usefulness: Folks that have been playing Recon for a while know high traffic areas and plant claymores exactly where they are most effective. If you're unfamiliar with the map, this skill can be a boon. It can also fit your playstyle well as a vanguard or anti-sniper. I rarely invest in this; slicing the pie and awareness can usually save you a respawn and this training point.

Avoid Trip Wire: Advanced: Tier 1 or 2 Avoid trip wires of enemy claymores while sprinting. One point gives you an extra second before it detonates, two gives two, three gives three. Usefulness: If you are rushing through an open lane, this is helpful - just don't stop. If you are attempting to clear a room, it *might* make the difference between getting the drop on the enemy and extracting safely. A hand grenade around the corner or through an opening works better. You lose the element of surprise, but you just spent a point on a skill that you can use all the time - not situationally.

Tactical Threat Awareness (Recon and Assault): Tier 2 Any enemy that fires on you will have their name tag revealed for a short duration. Added training points (four points total) extend the duration that the name tag is visible. Usefulness: This is a passive "spotted" action without the benefit of seeing a position on a minimap or communicating to others the shooter's position. This can save your bacon as a forward deployed operator, since you'll still see the name tag while behind cover and be able to react more quickly to the threat. If you're being hit from the flank you'll need to rely on your twitch skills. (Author's note: Thanks to exair for making me re-evaluate the skill.)

Physical Training: Increase Jog Speed: Tier 2 Increase your maximum speed when jogging. Usefulness: Helpful, but never a priority. This skill also appears to improve movement speed while aiming down the sight(ADS).

Physical Training: Increase Sprint Speed: Tier 2 Increase your maximum speed while sprinting. Usefulness: Almost mandatory. Reduce your exposure while moving to cover, faster time to the flag or vehicle and overall quicker turnaround from spawn to frontline. Get it.

Tactical Target Selection (Recon only): Tier 2 Reveal an enemy's current hit points when you target them. Displays as a diamond above the head of the target with three modes; fully colored - over half HP, half full - under 50 HP, outlined - less than 25 HP. (note - my numbers may not be correct as I have no confirmation.) Usefulness: Since you only get a vague notion of the actual hit points of your target, this skill helps snipers who use the default rifle, semi-auto rifles, and CQB players that get the drop on multiple enemies. This allows for a tactical target selection (as the name suggests) so you can prioritize which will be your next victim. I personally think it's a mixed bag; you've invested six training points to get here, sacrificing some utility. Now you can spot up to six enemies around your target and get a rough idea of their health *if* they're spread out enough. The prerequisite is worthwhile for both you and your team. This skill, while helpful, is not truly necessary when sniping and almost unnoticeable in a CQB. Assume they are at full health and aim for the head.

Engineering Damage Assessment (Engineer only): Tier 2 Allows you to view the current health of any occupied vehicle. Usefulness: Nice to have, but unnecessary. This skill is more useful as a indicator for repair of friendly vehicles then a tactical target selector. Players that claim to be badasses will tell you otherwise.

Combat Triage (Medic only): Tier 2 Displays team mate and enemy health status. Displays as a diamond above the head of the target with three modes; fully colored - over half HP, half full - under 50 HP, outlined - less than 25 HP. (note - my numbers may not be correct as I have no confirmation yet.) Usefulness: Shows you which teammate needs your assistance and how badly. This skill is very helpful in placing your Medic Box as effectively as possible. Also serves as a de facto tactical target selector.

Equipment Expertise:

To fully realize the capability of a class, investment in these skills is required. The abilities available to all will be covered first, with class specific skills broken down into individual posts.

Frag Grenades: Tier 1 Training to throw Fragmentation Grenades at your enemies. Additional training points (up to four total) will grant you an equal amount of grenades and significantly increase their damage against enemy vehicles. Current popular opinion declares that the effective radius of the blast increases with point investment also. These *cannot* be reloaded by an Assault's Ammo Box. Usefulness: Get them, learn to throw effectively, and love them. Room clearing, softening up a defensive position, anti-armor - they do it all and can significantly contribute to your overall score. Remember that points of damage count toward total experience! For more details, consult ChaosTheory's Grenades! Grenades! Grenades! guide.

Dead Man's Trigger: Tier 2 Drop a grenade when killed by an enemy. Added training points (up to four) will extend the damage radius of the grenade. Full investment in Frag Grenades is a prerequisite. Does not drop if you are killed in a vehicle. Usefulness: Depending upon playstyle, this can disrupt an enemy defense or just be a useless gesture of defiance. Most notably useful against spawn campers.

TOW Missile System: Tier 1 Train to use the TOW Missile System when piloting the Armored Personnel Carrier. Additional training points (up to three total) will reduce the reload time of the missile. Usefulness: The APC is the most versatile armored ground vehicle available in the game. Investing in this skill grants you a slow reloading missile to defeat enemy armor (or for the particularly crafty, helicopters.) If you intend to spend significant time piloting these, get it.

Tank Coaxial Machinegun: Tier 1 Train to use the Coaxial Machinegun while piloting heavy tanks. Additional training points (up to three total) will reduce the reloading time. Usefulness: Grants the pilot a reasonably accurate MG with 25 rounds. Perfect for taking out infantry at emplacements and Engineers while saving shells for armor and clustered enemies. Take only if you want to sit and wait for tank spawns.

Helicopter Piloting: Tier 1 Train to pilot combat and transport helicopter vehicles. Usefulness: Unless you invest in this skill, you will *not* be able to fly a helo. You can man a gun seat in either the combat or transport however. The learning curve for helicopter piloting is steep. If you want to practice flying, download the Battlefield 2 demo and go nuts. Please.

Jet Pilot Training: Tier 1 Train to pilot fixed wing aircraft. Usefulness: Unless you invest in this skill, you will *not* be able to fly a plane. I will reiterate; if you want to practice flying, download the Battlefield 2 demo and go nuts. Please. Refer to Johnysnake's AMAZING Jet Guide for more.

Improved APC Armour Plating: Tier 2 Enhanced Armour Plating reduces the damage your APC takes from all sources. Added training points (two total) reduce incoming damage up to 10%. Usefulness: For hardcore vehicle pilots, this is a big one. If you have the points and are willing to specialize, go for it. Just be sure you're first to the APC...

Improved Tank Armour: Tier 2 Enhanced Armour Plating reduces the damage your tank takes from all sources. Added training points (two total) reduce incoming damage up to 10%. Usefulness: Again, specialization for players that love the tank. Reduces your rocket squishiness considerably.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2011 02:23 PM by RemarkaBil.)
06-03-2011, 06:15 PM | Post: #2
Offline RemarkaBil 
Equipment Expertise for the Assault Class

Ammo Box: Tier 1 This box carries ammunition for all weapons. Standing near the box will gradually resupply all of your weapons. Added training points (four total) will increase the range and total ammo of the box up to 15%. Ammo Boxes will disappear after your death/respawn. Usefulness: Besides putting lead down range, this skill is what you're here for. You become a mobile forward position when teamed up with a Medic. Snipers love you; you have granted them headshots for days. Engineers revere you; you have given them rockets to spare. The larger area the ammo box you drop covers, the more likely you are to see the glorious ticking of resupply points across your HUD. Don't argue. Just do it.

Advanced Combat Supply: Tier 2 Advanced Logistical Training allows you to deploy 2 ammo boxes at the same time. Does not affect the cooldown to drop another Ammo Box. Usefulness: More ammo, more quickly equals more points and less downtime for you and your team. This skill should also be a priority.

Smoke Grenade: Tier 2 Deploy a smoke grenade that will hide your movements from the enemy. You cannot be spotted or revealed while moving within the smoke cloud. Added training points (up to five total) will increase the amount of smoke grenades at your disposal to five. *Can not* be replenished from your Ammo Box. Usefulness: This is one to really consider. Concealment through open lanes of fire and other sneakiness is a big plus.

In an effort to better serve the BFP4F community, I posted a poll asking what you thought was the most valuable skill for this class. Below is a link leading to this thread. I will be ranking abilities as voted for by the players in the guide.

(This post was last modified: 18-05-2011 05:07 PM by RemarkaBil.)
06-03-2011, 06:16 PM | Post: #3
Offline RemarkaBil 
Equipment Expertise for the Recon Class

Motion Sensor: Tier 1 Deploy a sensor that will detect the movement of enemy infantry and vehicles. Added training points (four total) will reduce the deployment cooldown by up to twelve seconds. While not mentioned in the tooltip, the effective range of the Motion Sensor is increased in tandem with point investment. Usefulness: No matter how you play your Recon, this tool is invaluable. The degree of value sharply increases if you prefer to sneak around the flank or rush positions. Having access to the Motion Sensor more quickly can make a big difference in those situations. Embedded snipers will simply drop a sensor close to their position to identify anti-sniper threats.

Increase Sniper Rifle Ammo: Tier 1 Expands your combat harness to allow you to carry more Sniper Rifle ammo. Additional training points (up to two total) will allow you to carry more clips. Does not apply to any other primary weapon (i.e. shotguns.) Usefulness: As a sniper, you must be self-sufficient. This can keep you from dying just to replenish your ammo in a remote position.

Claymore: Tier 2 Place an anti-infantry explosive that will detonate whenever an enemy approaches too close. Additional training points (up to five total) allow you to carry up to five claymores. *Can not* be replenished by Ammo Boxes. Planted Claymores will disappear upon your death/respawn. Usefulness: Love them or hate them, they are an effective tool on the battlefield. The utility they provide is enormous; passive defense, funneling and for the truly skilled, anti-armor. The question isn't if you should get them, but when. They are great killers, but not nearly so effective as knowing where the enemy is.

In an effort to better serve the BFP4F community, I posted a poll asking what you thought was the most valuable skill for this class. Below is a link leading to this thread. I will be ranking abilities as voted for by the players in the guide.

Poll: Most Valuable Skill - Recon
(This post was last modified: 18-05-2011 05:04 PM by RemarkaBil.)
06-03-2011, 06:17 PM | Post: #4
Offline RemarkaBil 
Equipment Expertise for the Medic Class

Medic Box: Tier 1 Deploy a Medic Box that will gradually heal you and nearby teammates. Added training points (four total) will increase the range and power of the box up to 15%. Medic Boxes will disappear after your death/respawn. Usefulness: Stay in the fight longer and keep your buddies there too. The experience points will quickly rack up if you take care to drop a box in high value position - which means more training points to put into this skill, until you unlock...

Advanced Tactical Deployment: Medic Box: Tier 2 Allows you to deploy two Medic Boxes at the same time. Does not effect the cooldown to drop another box. Usefulness: With both boxes placed close together, you and nearby teammates become nigh invulnerable to small arms fire. Headshots, bombs and tank shells will quickly deplete the boxes (or remove them entirely), so don't expect miracles.

Medivac Vehicle: Tier 2 Heal nearby team mates when you pilot a vehicle. Usefulness: This skill depends largely on whether you enjoy piloting vehicles. As a Medic, you have more utility on foot, but the offensive and defensive capability of armor is sometimes necessary for troop support. Some players just like being the "heal bus." While testing this skill, I rather enjoyed ferrying with the transport helo and hovering to support and heal. Keep in mind you are a very visible and high value target while piloting.

Defibrillator: Tier 2 Allows you to revive fallen team mates with a quick electric shock. This tool can also be used to eliminate enemies. Added training points (up to three total) can increase the hit points of a revived team mate up 100 hit points. Usefulness: You've got to be exceptionally quick to revive a team mate, and smart enough to know when you shouldn't try. Most Medics won't spend more than one point on this; I'm one of them. Drop a medic box to provide the rest of the hit points. More details can be found in Solid's "All you need to know about Defibrillators!"

(This post was last modified: 18-05-2011 05:06 PM by RemarkaBil.)
06-03-2011, 06:18 PM | Post: #5
Offline RemarkaBil 
Equipment Expertise for the Engineer Class

Vehicle Repair Tool: Tier 1 Equip and fire this tool while standing near a vehicle to repair any damage that has been done to it. Additional training points (up to four total) will increase the rate of repair by up to 15%. Usefulness: This *should* be your bread and butter, but being exposed next to a high value target will get you killed more often than net you points. Add the difficulty in getting inattentive pilots to hold still while you attempt to support them and you've got a skill that rarely sees use. Rather than repair a heavily damaged vehicle that I pilot, I'll ditch and destroy it. If you've got ridiculously solid brass testes, you can use the repair tool offensively.

Increase RPG Ammo: Tier 1 Expands your combat harness to allow you to carry more RPG ammo. Additional training points (two total) will allow you to carry up to five RPGs. Usefulness: As an Engineer, your job is to destroy enemy armor. This skill gives you more of what facilitates just that: RPGs. With practice, the RPG can be used in almost any situation effectively. Having extra on hand gives you a bit of latitude and the opportunity to do a *lot* of damage. Very worthwhile.

Field Vehicle Repair: Tier 2 Repair nearby team mate vehicles while piloting any vehicle. Usefulness: The good news is you're moving en masse with heavy firepower at your disposal. The bad news is you're grouped tightly enough to take splash damage. You've also invested heavily in a prerequisite skill that you'll rarely use unless you pilot often.

Anti-Vehicle Mine: Tier 2 Deploy a set of anti-vehicle mines that will detonate when an enemy vehicle moves over them. Additional training points (up to a total of five) will increase the number of mines you can deploy to five. *Can not* be replenished by the Assault class' Ammo Box. Usefulness: As a passive defensive measure this does a better job of slowing or funneling armored advance than stopping it. Yes, it will normally bust enemy armor on contact, but good pilots will avoid them. I prefer to use them offensively; if they are within twenty meters of my position, I rush them and drop a mine. The secondary explosion might hurt, but not nearly so bad as a lost flag.

Poll: Most Valuable Skill - Engineer
(This post was last modified: 18-05-2011 05:02 PM by RemarkaBil.)
06-03-2011, 06:19 PM | Post: #6
Offline RemarkaBil 
Your input is always welcome!

I may have overlooked some detail or the game may have changed. If you have information that would further improve the guide, PM me or post here. I'll do my best to keep this guide up to date and informative.

If ever you make or find a post or guide that better defines a skill, I would love to link to it! Send me a PM with details and I'll happily make an effort to place it here.
(This post was last modified: 22-04-2011 05:02 PM by RemarkaBil.)
06-03-2011, 07:34 PM | Post: #7
Offline Mech1024 
nice guide so far :-) thanks
keep going
06-03-2011, 11:46 PM | Post: #8
Offline Red-Shot 
so, can i test your "guide skills" Smile ?

I am a lev14 engineer and this is what i have so far:

[Image: 94256088.png]

But what should i do with the rest of my points?
I am rarily in a vehicle, and if I am in one, its one of those fast jeeps or an APC.
2 grenades is plenty for me, and i have 1 anti vehicle mine but i have never had a kill with it so far....
I have one point left now, but if i level up i will have more points left, and i really have no idea what to do with them.
The only thing i can think of, is getting 4/4 grenades and then dead mens trigger ........
07-03-2011, 10:03 AM | Post: #9
Offline exair 
Tactical threat awesome is the 2nd most useful skill for assaults.

[Image: kDGVL]
08-03-2011, 12:49 PM | Post: #10
Offline Mech1024 
But what should i do with the rest of my points?
I am rarily in a vehicle, and if I am in one, its one of those fast jeeps or an APC.
2 grenades is plenty for me, and i have 1 anti vehicle mine but i have never had a kill with it so far....
I have one point left now, but if i level up i will have more points left, and i really have no idea what to do with them.
The only thing i can think of, is getting 4/4 grenades and then dead mens trigger ........
[/quote]

i would also go for granades - you are only equiped with a PDW -personal defence weapon
having some nades helps to survive - forget about dead mens trigger i agree to that guide it is rearly useful

other suggest
take a second mine plant mines in heavy traffic areas for veh - e.g. Ramp near point B on Kar...
or near flags, on crosroads take out advancing Jeeps and damage other veh (offence)

keep people from rampaing behind your lines with veh (defence)
08-03-2011, 04:15 PM | Post: #11
Offline Mango 
Thank you for this helpful guide Smile

[Image: 28bv234.png]
09-03-2011, 04:07 AM | Post: #12
Offline AssaultKit 
Clear, well written, and based on tested information. I highly recommend this as a quick read for intermediate players who want to start really focusing on different stuff. I really hope this thread stays nice and bumped to keep the author interested in updating it.

New build as of April:

Intel Sandybridge I5-2500k CPU
8.00 GB of Gskill ram
AMD Radeon 6950 (Might flash this to a 6970 for future titles)
Crucial 128 gig SSD
(No hard-drive)
09-03-2011, 08:15 PM | Post: #13
Offline SirSniper 
I totaly don't agree on usefulness of Physical Training: Power Climb, Advanced Reconnaissance, Tactical Reflexes, Physical Training: Safe Fall and Avoid Trip Wire: Basic.
10-03-2011, 01:02 AM | Post: #14
Offline Johnysnake 
Nice guide. Big Grin

While i was reading it, some idea´s came up in my mind. So i´ll share them with you.

Suggestions:
- Add Tiers behind each ability.
- Add a rating with stars to the abilities. (Could be voted by community members or whatever)

So it looks something like this:

Medic Box Tier 1 [Image: star-1.png]

Deploy a Medic Box that will gradually heal you and nearby teammates. Added training points (four total) will increase the range and power of the box up to 15%. Usefulness: Stay in the fight longer and keep your buddies there too. The experience points will quickly rack up if you take care to drop a box in high value position - which means more training points to put into this skill, until you unlock...
Advanced Tactical Deployment: Tier 2 [Image: star-1.png]
[Image: star-1.png]

Medic Box: Allows you to deploy two Medic Boxes at the same time. Does not effect the cooldown to drop another box. Usefulness: With both boxes placed close together, you and nearby teammates become nigh invulnerable to small arms fire. Headshots, bombs and tank shells will quickly deplete the boxes (or remove them entirely), so don't expect miracles.

Defibrillator: Tier 2[Image: star-1.png]

Allows you to revive fallen team mates with a quick electric shock. This tool can also be used to eliminate enemies. Added training points (up to three total) can increase the hit points of a revived team mate by 20, for a total of 70 hit points. Usefulness: You've got to be exceptionally quick to revive a team mate, and smart enough to know when you shouldn't try. Most Medics won't spend more than one point on this; I'm one of them. Drop a medic box to provide the rest of the hit points. More details can be found in Solid's "All you need to know about Defibrillators!"

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2011 01:07 AM by Johnysnake.)
10-03-2011, 01:30 AM | Post: #15
Offline Razordog 
Thumbs up for stars. ^^

[Image: soldierw.jpg]
10-03-2011, 09:51 AM | Post: #16
Offline Sgt.TmH 
(06-03-2011 11:46 PM)Red-Shot Wrote:  But what should i do with the rest of my points?

~ Max out Mines. But 2~3 on the ramp at Karkand but not too close together. Or scatter them about the plaza around B. Watch how the enemy vehicles use the roads. On Oman, there are many good spots for mines.

~ Max out Grenades. 4 Grenades can kill APCs and kill damaged Tanks.

~ Either add a point to Tank MG or move the point from APC TOW to Tank MG. You will get more kills with the Tank's MG than with the APC's TOW.

~ Damage Assessment if you're a "Support" Engr type. Combat Resilience if you're a "Combat" Engr.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2011 09:52 AM by Sgt.TmH.)
13-03-2011, 03:11 AM | Post: #17
Offline Johnysnake 
I´ve just answered someone else about an possible way to create a rating system for guides and thought it also might help you with the training abilities. Here is a copy of my idea.

You have a maximum of 10 poll answers that can be given. So it´s not possible to add all guides to 1 poll. Even if you would split the guides in different sections and for each section a poll, you would have a problem when someone creates a new guide.

So my idea is to create a poll for each guide. The guide owner can refer to the poll in his guide and asks visitors of the guide to rate it. You create those polls and keep a list of them in your guide list guide. The amount of answers would be up to you. This could be 1/2/3, 1/2/3/4/5 or even 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10. The last would be the nicest, i think. But would also be a lot work. Although 1-3 or 1-5 would be better when you work with a star system. It would also be a major amount of polls, but with already 26 pages of polls it shouldn´t be a problem, except the work you need to put in it.

Ofcourse in this case it would be with training points instead of guides, but i think it would be a perfect solution.

13-03-2011, 05:38 AM | Post: #18
Offline RemarkaBil 
Great idea Johnysnake! I'll try to get this going later this week. RL is threatening to rear its ugly head, so my time is limited. I'm glad to see so much interest and support from folks.
14-03-2011, 10:29 PM | Post: #19
Offline [KZ-0]Archangel 
(10-03-2011 01:02 AM)Johnysnake Wrote:  Nice guide. Big Grin

While i was reading it, some idea´s came up in my mind. So i´ll share them with you.

Suggestions:
- Add Tiers behind each ability.
- Add a rating with stars to the abilities. (Could be voted by community members or whatever)

So it looks something like this:

Medic Box Tier 1 [Image: star-1.png]

Deploy a Medic Box that will gradually heal you and nearby teammates. Added training points (four total) will increase the range and power of the box up to 15%. Usefulness: Stay in the fight longer and keep your buddies there too. The experience points will quickly rack up if you take care to drop a box in high value position - which means more training points to put into this skill, until you unlock...
Advanced Tactical Deployment: Tier 2 [Image: star-1.png]

Medic Box: Allows you to deploy two Medic Boxes at the same time. Does not effect the cooldown to drop another box. Usefulness: With both boxes placed close together, you and nearby teammates become nigh invulnerable to small arms fire. Headshots, bombs and tank shells will quickly deplete the boxes (or remove them entirely), so don't expect miracles.

Defibrillator: Tier 2[Image: star-1.png]

Allows you to revive fallen team mates with a quick electric shock. This tool can also be used to eliminate enemies. Added training points (up to three total) can increase the hit points of a revived team mate by 20, for a total of 70 hit points. Usefulness: You've got to be exceptionally quick to revive a team mate, and smart enough to know when you shouldn't try. Most Medics won't spend more than one point on this; I'm one of them. Drop a medic box to provide the rest of the hit points. More details can be found in Solid's "All you need to know about Defibrillators!"

Arch likes Stars Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

15-03-2011, 04:22 AM | Post: #20
Offline Johnysnake 
(14-03-2011 10:29 PM)0x5b;KZ-00x5d;Archangel Wrote:  
(10-03-2011 01:02 AM)Johnysnake Wrote:  ...

Arch likes Stars Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Haha Wink