Hello There, Guest!

03-03-2011, 02:06 AM | Post: #1
Offline DrDred-E 
For credibility sake, in the hey day of BF2, I was a despised pilotBlush. I was ranked in the top 100 of 500,000 or so of people who dared hop into a jet.Smile As I got my stick working here, I noticed that they haven't changed flight mechanics...at all.Smile Good for me and my team...bad for the enemy. Here are a few tips to help all the people having a hard time with those pesky little aa missiles.

Remember 4 primary things:
1. The missiles cannot pull as many G's as the planes (in the game). As soon as you hear "missile fired" tone, make a very hard G turn into the missile. What I mean is don't waste time reversing to bank right if you're already in a left bank. Even if you think the missile is off of you...turn!! I rarely have to use flares unless I get launched on by multiple sources A,B,D or enemy planes or bases.

2. Use ground clutter...trees, hills, people, vehicles and buildings. All break missile lock. Also, if you fly so close to the ground or preferably water they can't lock on to you...even aircraft. I'm talking really low..like 5 or 10 feet.

3. Very important tactic... Realize that above 300 meters they can't even see you. Use your mini map to orient yourself to your target and dive bomb...What ever you do, DO NOT LEVEL BOMB. It's very inaccurate and you are exposed to all ground fire. From 300-500 meters dive in at about 45 degrees and release bomb load then egress from the run either using tactic 1 and 2 or climb back above 300 meters. When you learn to hit your targets this way, you almost can't miss.

4. Kill the opposing missile launchers AA (non-base) as priority targets. If you eliminate the ground AA opposition...nothing can stop you (accept other planes) But that's another story. Teach the enemy to fear even touching the launcher, not to mention, you will rack up points off of the people who want revenge on you...the first thing they do if they haven't learned, is look for the closest aa launcher. YOU HAVE THE ADVANTAGE

Update: 3-5-11. I will be adding tactics as I go and I will use your good ideas and additions. Thx

5. Save your bombs and use that gun against AA. A short burst from the cannon can kill the gunner of an AA launcher but a long burst can destroy the entire Launcher more effectively than multiple bombs. If possible use the bombs for vehicles and to support units in need of help.

6. Carrier AA attack tactic- Always attack the carrier from the stern (rear) from east to west (right to left). The two AA launchers are there. Use tactic 3 to get there and egress using tactic 2. You can't kill both launchers in one pass so dive below the deck of the bow (front) of the ship to escape. There's NO CHANCE of ship based AA attack.

There are many more tactics that I employ, but hopefully this may help you people having issues. Good luck and if you have questions, I will try to help.

DrDred

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

http://www.youtube.com/user/dredloc121?feature=mhee
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2011 10:10 PM by DrDred-E.)
03-03-2011, 02:11 AM | Post: #2
Offline Dubstep.Snipe 
Good info. You are a good challenge while in the air, and I enjoy a good dogfight against you. You present a challenge into an otherwise unskilled air game.
03-03-2011, 02:16 AM | Post: #3
Offline DrDred-E 
Well, thank you very much..I appreciate that.
04-03-2011, 09:22 PM | Post: #4
Offline Snoopaluke 
I've played plenty with both of you oddly enough.

I literally dread having you in an enemy jet DrDred. You are a very talented pilot and I really appreciate the small insight into your tactics. I will use all of them. That bombing suggestion will make all the difference in the world for me.

If you ever want an apprentice or would like discuss more of what you know send me a PM and you will have a loyal friend Smile

Thanks again DrDred-E!

05-03-2011, 07:56 PM | Post: #5
Offline Maxdamage 
Another Good Tactic is to Memorize where those AA guns are, its not too hard to take them out with the guns with a little practice lining up.... once destroyed you get a few strafes without having to worry about that particular gun...Smile They are my first Target when Bomb running on a base, Vehicles second...

[Image: maxdamagesig.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2011 07:56 PM by Maxdamage.)
05-03-2011, 09:53 PM | Post: #6
Offline DrDred-E 
Max that's a good point...A long ,accurate burst from the cannon can not only kill the gunner but the entire Launcher more effectively than multiple bombs. I'm going to add that to the guide. Thanks
05-03-2011, 10:14 PM | Post: #7
Offline Xtrit 
Good stuff, dodging missiles is easy. I remember you I played ones with you on the same server, you made me curse a lot. I love the jets.
06-03-2011, 08:24 AM | Post: #8
Offline Bacon_bawllz
LOL this one guy i killed his TOW missile at C 3 times he kept getting into the anti air and i killed him with my auto cannon at LEAsT 5 times xD and i typed udonebro? and he dint say anything xD
06-03-2011, 08:28 AM | Post: #9
Offline Bacon_bawllz
i did a bombing tutorial couse alot of people dont know lol anyone remember the 1st day of oman how many non bf2 vets failed at flying ROFL
07-03-2011, 07:57 PM | Post: #10
Offline Johnysnake 
Hey DrDred-E,

I added a link to your guide in the BFP4F Jet Guide.

Johnysnake

08-03-2011, 02:18 AM | Post: #11
Offline DrDred-E 
Hi Johnysnake... thanks. Btw I liked your guide and your directly responsible for me getting my 3D pro working with this. Thanks again.Smile
22-04-2011, 02:12 AM | Post: #12
Offline AceVanCleef 
Hey DrDred

About point 1). I can imagine how it looks like, but I'm somehow not able to do it. I've to rely on flares. But I want to become able to do it without. Would you mind to record 1 or 2 missile evasion maneuvers and upload it as video? It would be a big help to get the idea of this technique Big Grin

Greetings, Ace
22-04-2011, 02:39 AM | Post: #13
Offline Leslie 
This will be usful. Smile

My Youtube channel
05-05-2011, 08:30 PM | Post: #14
Offline strangers123 
(05-03-2011 07:56 PM)Maxdamage Wrote:  Another Good Tactic is to Memorize where those AA guns are, its not too hard to take them out with the guns with a little practice lining up.... once destroyed you get a few strafes without having to worry about that particular gun...Smile They are my first Target when Bomb running on a base, Vehicles second...

Try to remember their exact location on MAP aswell to aid hitting it from 1000m away 500metres above sealevel. Try to remember their locations from flag and angle from every blind spot avaliable for both teams as well as this will kill them before they can even start locking onto you.

@DrDred-E
I have tried everything (fly low between 2 trees and a high g turn around the hotel back to the RUSSIAN airbase), but somehow the missile looses its lock on warning and flies out of sight of the rear view mirror (default F) then i think Im safe and flyby my base for repairs then suddenly BOOM and my wreck crashes into our AA guuner who shits his pants laughing about me being a complete jet noob (when he failed to even take off) when I wrecked all enemy AA (A and B) then went to hit their carrier without problem, then when Im at base a STINGER from a DEAD gun emplacement manned by a DEAD man on the carrier kills me out of nowhere without warning. Still a very useful guide.

06-05-2011, 04:15 AM | Post: #15
Offline ForeverNewbie 
Thanks for the guide.

Would it be possible for you to discuss joysticks/preferred button mapping (keyboard) when flying jets? How much do joysticks help? I've got an old one that still works, but I feel it wouldn't be that different from the keyboard as I doubt it'll help me in flight. It's pretty old and inaccurate.

And as others have said, videos would be nice.
06-05-2011, 01:32 PM | Post: #16
Offline Double_variable 
Very good informational guide, but do you realize how many cheaters have no-fog on? meaning their AA gun can hit you even when you're over 300 feet in the air. Everytime i dive straight up, so high that i can't even orientate myself, AA gunners still get to me, which just means they're a bunch of no-fog cheaters.

[Image: leeet.png]
06-05-2011, 03:08 PM | Post: #17
Offline strangers123 
^^
That is just annoying. Cant they program Punkbuster to kick anyone who modifies their files?

06-05-2011, 03:08 PM | Post: #18
Offline strangers123 
^^
That is just annoying. Cant they program Punkbuster to kick anyone who modifies their files?

06-05-2011, 04:09 PM | Post: #19
Offline Double_variable 
(06-05-2011 03:08 PM)strangers123 Wrote:  ^^

Modifying files is one thing. Usually, when you modify files, those files are named .config and such which means THEY ARE meant to be modified as they are configuration files.

Cheats which uses engine based exploits work differently, with programmatic pointers, memory addresses being changed, and even injecting base code. Much much more complex.
If punkbuster where to "ban" people who had "modified" files, then it would cause problems, and would be hard to keep updated constantly.

[Image: leeet.png]
06-05-2011, 06:59 PM | Post: #20
Offline St0mpy 
(06-05-2011 01:32 PM)Double_variable Wrote:  Everytime i dive straight up, so high that i can't even orientate myself, AA gunners still get to me, which just means they're a bunch of no-fog cheaters.

cheaters - and you know that how?

theres currently an AA bug meta issue that kills you stone dead outside of normal ranges, how can you tell the difference?
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2011 06:59 PM by St0mpy.)