Hello There, Guest!

10-02-2011, 06:27 PM | Post: #1
Offline JPoling  Go to next Official Response...
Ok i figured i will make a Oman guide for people because it gets real boring when all you have are campers at the bases.

1. STARTING IS CRUCIAL- the start is so crucial and people dont realize it. instead of fighting of who is gonna pilot what. why not just help your team hurry up and jump in vehicle and get to the capture points. after all if you get first flag technically your already in the lead.

2. Transport Helicopters-man people do not use these enough, at start all you need is a good pilot and 2 gunners, and you will cap flags pretty much instantly just bring it down to a hover and make sure you have it so your gunners can see enemies. once you cap flag then MOVE out of there as fast as possible and possibly go repair.

3. Base- no one under any circumstances should just be sitting at the base waiting for a vehicle that does not help your team out at all. instead you should be going out to help your team. only 2 people should sit at base waiting for vehicle and they should be on the AA guns while waiting. and you can always spawn at base if you wanna check for vehicles.

4. Know Your Role- its crucial everyone knows what they should do, sure flying helis and jets are fun. but if your really not that good at it you should let someone more experience do it. like most people just let there egos get in the way. like when you have 2 people waiting for Attack Helicopter and it spawns and one gets in pilot and other one decides well since you got it i will sit here and wait again DOH! why not hop in the gunner seat and help them out since you know it is a team game and teamwork helps.

5. Anti Air- I dont know if people realize how crucial it is to have the AA and dispose of others on AA. Snipers should always be checking AA as they are slowly moving up the battlefield. because if you take out the AA more chance your jets and helis have of dominating the skys. Attack Helicoptes if you keep getting the (beep, beep, beep) tone someone is looking at you maybe jet or AA, id say 9 out of 10 times it is a AA and you need to be alert of where it is at. wait till you hear the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP tone. that means they just shot at you so you should be looking for the SAM (surface to air) missle also while deploying your flares so the missles dont hit you. once you got there location you need to hurry up and dispose of the AA before they reload.

6. Spotting and Team Chat- once again i need to imply this to people SPOTTING is so good people dont realize it. spot a heli or jet. guess what whoever is in a jet or heli is prolly gonna come for it now that they see it on map. Spotting a sniper or any other infantry, helps people that are trying to move up so they know what to expect. Team Chat is so crucial i have had some really good games with good team players that are constantly talking thru team chat using tactics. In other words instead of bickering there taking the team leader role or just plain helping by saying "heli at *****, guy on AA at ******, im gonna try to take C someone should go take B," all that is very crucial since this game isnt about kills but more so of teamwork. if you guys dont wanna play as teams then please get off of Battlefield and go back and play CoD. since that requries no teamwork.

well id sit here and keep giving you guys advice but no one listens anyway except usually the players that already know this. so im going back onto the battlefield.

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=12342
82/2 2x best record 1)littlebird b4 nerf 2) Apache
10-02-2011, 06:35 PM | Post: #2
Offline [13th]onrAArno 
I really hope the n00bs are going to read this...

good guide btw
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2011 06:38 PM by [13th]onrAArno.)
10-02-2011, 07:12 PM | Post: #3
Offline exair 
spotting is underestimated, when someone spots a vehicle and i'm in a jet or attack heli my top priority is to kill it.. often saving the life of the spotter

[Image: kDGVL]
10-02-2011, 07:18 PM | Post: #4
Offline Terminat0r. 
very good guide.
I do most of what you said.

In the beginning, I go straight to Construction site.
Construction site is strategic place to have. From flag D, I can easily see Flag B and Flag C.
It's very secured and it even has an AA gun.

if I play RU, Construction site is the closest flag. So I take a van and capture flag D. very easy.

if I play US. rather than helicopter, I take boat through the river up to flag D.
(I don't know how many people even know that route.)

So, I capture the flag D and throw down claymores in key places to defend. (Yes I am a claymore fan).

Then I pretty much 'camp' in Construction site defending it from Evil-doers.
No, I don't camp. I move around spotting people near flag B and flag C and sniping anyone trying to take Flag D. (and yes, I do get points for defensive kills).

What I want to points for 'Spot Assist' and 'Motion sensor Assist'.
I am recon. I should get rewarded for not being a camping sniper noob. (and now annoying claymore noob)

[Image: f030.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2011 07:23 PM by Terminat0r..)
10-02-2011, 09:35 PM | Post: #5
Offline JPoling 
(10-02-2011 07:18 PM)Silent.Assassin. Wrote:  What I want to points for 'Spot Assist' and 'Motion sensor Assist'.
I am recon. I should get rewarded for not being a camping sniper noob. (and now annoying claymore noob)

yea i really wish they did give points for spot assist and motion sensor assist because i am always throwing the motion sensor into hot spots where my teammates are fighting the enemies. and also when i play as my recon i have the training for when i spot i spot others around it also. see how come they always split most of us smart players up on servers. XD

10-02-2011, 10:37 PM | Post: #6
Offline The_Silver_One 
IMHO if you start as RU you should IMMEDIATELY fly a cargo full of teammates at A, if the US team is even a little slower you conquer A very fast and from that point you could easly win the whole battle becouse while the US team tries conquering A wasting time on the sea the rest of your team captures the other locations, then the RU should defend A till the death, if everything is done well there's no chance for the US team to win.

Better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2011 10:38 PM by The_Silver_One.)
11-02-2011, 02:36 AM | Post: #7
Offline technotroop 
I you start as RU send 3/4 of your people to the beach IMMEDIETLY!, the others man the AA and Planes. My team did this once an the other team scored ZERO POINTS!!!!!!!!! it was epic

11-02-2011, 03:28 AM | Post: #8
Offline JPoling 
(11-02-2011 02:36 AM)technotroop Wrote:  . My team did this once an the other team scored ZERO POINTS!!!!!!!!! it was epic

i might of been on your team then because i remember one game i played on oman and other team scored 0 points i think like half there team was sitting at there base and it was epic

11-02-2011, 02:02 PM | Post: #9
Offline Butterkekskrumel 
If u have a jet in the beging as US, fly to the base and shoote the transportheli and the cars, which want to get to C.
If ur Ru then fly to A, not to fast, and take down the Transportheli.

[Image: buttersig.jpg]
11-02-2011, 02:44 PM | Post: #10
Offline HATE 
Really good write up!

EAsy Studio Lead Designer
HATE - Assault
B15H09 - Recon
11-02-2011, 03:23 PM | Post: #11
Offline Milleuros 
Good guide, really. I currently do what you're saying, even if my role is most times the Jet ***** Big Grin

Note about AA : actually, good pilots are able to destroy AA in half a second, but it's always good to have allies near AA positions.

Not about spotting : this is very important. I mean, many times I'm flying in the air, seeking for any target, without finding one. And I know how good it is to have a jet bursting from the sky to blow up that nasty tank.
Tracer Dart is very useful to help choppers, as pilots have special missiles that lock-on tracer darts. It helps F-35b too, as the bombing HUD is still bugged

Sorry for bad English.

[Image: cwbiojjw.jpg]
11-02-2011, 04:26 PM | Post: #12
Offline JPoling 
(11-02-2011 03:23 PM)Milleuros Wrote:  Good guide, really. I currently do what you're saying, even if my role is most times the Jet ***** Big Grin

Id rather have your role as a jet ***** then a base camper waiting for vehicles XD

18-02-2011, 01:33 AM | Post: #13
Offline Flyght 
(10-02-2011 07:18 PM)Silent.Assassin. Wrote:  if I play US. rather than helicopter, I take boat through the river up to flag D.
(I don't know how many people even know that route.)

LOL, totally in agreement with you. I have never seen anyone go that route at all, though it's an amazing route to surprise the Russian team (learned it from BF2).

BTW the guide is really helpful, I never found a really good strategy on Oman until I came onto this Big Grin. I also suggest that the people in the AA guns, either at D or B, to try scouting the area if the enemy controls it (Flags B,C, or D). I managed to scout out 4 snipers that hung out at Flag D, which my good team finished off easily.

Welcome To The Play4Free Beta
Need Help With The Assault Class, Click Right Here
18-02-2011, 06:56 AM | Post: #14
Offline BovineExcrement 
I approve of this guide, and only because it recognizes common sense, common sense including the statement that CoD requires no teamwork at all.
18-02-2011, 08:35 AM | Post: #15
Offline Cyberslas 
Every time I try communicating with my team, someone on my team says "shutup stop acting like you know how to do everything noob" when all I was doing was pointing out things like that point A was clear, that I had tagged a chopper, that there was a sniper on the crane, telling people how to fly jets, or just socializing with other players.
I actually got into an argument yesterday with someone who kept flinging insults that showed up as massive groupings of stars. I just responded by pointing out his lack of knowledge in biology and anatomy as well as his bad grammar, spelling and total incoherence, without the need to curse. It was quite funny actually, as I could sense he was getting angered while I was simply amused by his incessant rambling on and his telling me that I was terrible at BFP4F.

[Image: fly4.gif]
18-02-2011, 10:11 AM | Post: #16
Offline Perj 
US side:
Always rush A with everything from the carrier. Don't camp carrier waiting for choppers/planes, there are boats down in the water.
Once A is taken, always take the tank and apc that spawn there. If you don't, RU will.
All vehicles should then assault B (tank, two apcs, 2 humvee, helis). 90% of the time nubs will uselessly assault C from A. Don't do it. Only take C after B and D.
If RU holds A, don't worry about it. Once you have the other 3 flags, you can go back and retake A.
If it's a stalemate at C, go back and take A.
If it's a stalemate between B and D, go take C then A. Keep in mind that directly assaulting D from B without vehicle support is suicide.
Always deny spawn spots for the enemy. Don't go around the gas station and camp the spawn, it's useless. Cap the flag, then go spawn camping if you're so inclined.

RU side:
Driving the apc for 5 meters to get to the plane faster is the most idiotic thing to do.
The car that spawns facing the other way near the silo can be driven through the creek and up the hill to D, there's no need to turn it around.
All three trucks should take D fast, your tank spawns there. Then B then go help at C.
You can hide behind the train and/or the house at B while capping the flag, don't stand out in the open on the tracks.
Helis and Apc should take C, by the time they get there the trucks should be done at D.
If all three flags are yours, defend them. The enemy may be nubish enough to send wave after wave in a futile attempt to capture C. You spawn just behind the gas station, they spawn back at A, you have the advantage here. If enemy is lacking initiative, assault A and camp it. Full transport heli can take A really fast, with ground vehicle support this should be easy. RU tank and apc should always wait for the enemy vehicles (one tank and 2 apcs) to come out in the open, they'll almost always do it at C, but only do this if A is taken by the enemy. If not, assault A and deny them reinforcements.
And always keep an eye out for sneaky enemies, fast buggies or low flying choppers heading for your flags.

Both sides: know your surroundings and pay attention to messages. If you're camping the roof at D and you see "we've lost D" go check it out! Likewise, if you're camping near train or using the AA there, and you've lost B go check it out! You're right next to the damn flag, what's stopping you from holding it?
Always spot vehicles, and try to trace them if you can. It helps a lot. Everyone can do it, you don't have to be a recon for that.

Never argue with idiots, for they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience
18-02-2011, 10:54 AM | Post: #17
Offline Milleuros 
^agree.

How many times did I see a truck or an APC right on the runway ? The rush to take planes is most times stupid.

What is even worst is when you get a plane, someone else wanted it and do not want you to take off : he road the APC middle of the runway, and you can't take off until the ennemy F-35 came to bomb you.

Sorry for bad English.

[Image: cwbiojjw.jpg]
18-02-2011, 04:11 PM | Post: #18
Offline TBKnutsen 
Im gonna add you to friends! i love a good teamplayer!

-TBKnutsen Angel

[Image: bf3sig.jpg]
19-02-2011, 09:33 PM | Post: #19
Offline Chrome. 
Nice guide! Big Grin

20-03-2011, 01:38 PM | Post: #20
Offline JPoling 
bumping this because seen a lot of people complaining about oman