Hello There, Guest!

18-03-2013, 05:46 AM | Post: #1
Offline ISEEU 
I was scrolling down in chrome web store, and noticed the battlefield p4f app, and it says 950,631 users.
This is very impressive.

Well done EAsy Devs, including the ones who left.
And a shout out to Ben, and the Mods. Your efforts are much appreciated.

A little more push and we will hit the one million mark. (picture one of the '2 steps from hell' song here ;-)

Maybe it doesn't mean much for some, but many of us have been passionate about this game, and many put a lot of effort into this in different ways.. from organizing events, renting servers, creating that black list, etc..
So a shout out goes to all those guys too.

I don't know if we can commemorate that milestone in any way..
maybe sell the 93R for 1 dollar for 1 day Blush had to try at least to put the idea in Vital's mind Angel

.. but at least when we get old, and think back , that we did nothing with our lives, at least we can say we were a part of this :-) Just kidding.. good times, good stuff.

Hope we can hit that 1 million before December, and maybe even come up with something to remember for. Any ideas? Let's make the CNN news :-) That would be a first for a gaming community..
18-03-2013, 05:50 AM | Post: #2
Offline RakketyTam 
CNN news reporting live from EA headquarters. Reporters: How do you feel obout 1000000 players? EA: Get the f**k outa here!

I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad.

The dreams in which I'm dying, are the best I've ever had.
18-03-2013, 06:35 AM | Post: #3
Offline abdo-totti 
hitting milestones means they achieved something.

i would like to see 93r in store for limited time.

18-03-2013, 06:38 AM | Post: #4
Offline Stelle 
but that doesn't include people like me who never touched chrome before to play bfp4f.

18-03-2013, 07:34 AM | Post: #5
Offline Novaseline 
If only 950k users equaled 950k players playing in a day....

I know the UK side of this game is more lively. But for USA it is rather dead....
18-03-2013, 07:47 AM | Post: #6
Offline SARG_SAM 
There is approximately 148 players in the Australian region.....

....or that is what it feels like, as the usual suspects are creating havoc at the top of the leaderboards, and the rest, well lets just say they don't stick around too long. Probably why I would stick my neck out and say that the Aussie based servers are man-for-man the most skilled in BFP4F.

Big call. Lets discuss and hijack this thread.

[Image: NewSig_zpsd6087343.jpg]
Check out my Youtube Channel- Weapon Reviews, Challenges and More!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/WGFImages
18-03-2013, 07:56 AM | Post: #7
Offline cerinth 
(18-03-2013 07:47 AM)SARG_SAM Wrote:  There is approximately 148 players in the Australian region.....

....or that is what it feels like, as the usual suspects are creating havoc at the top of the leaderboards, and the rest, well lets just say they don't stick around too long. Probably why I would stick my neck out and say that the Aussie based servers are man-for-man the most skilled in BFP4F.

yet all the "big name" players come from europe...

need new sig, preferably even more offensive than last one.
18-03-2013, 08:02 AM | Post: #8
Offline Frisbeeman 
950k accounts does not equal 950k players.

[Image: HrVNR.png]
18-03-2013, 08:53 AM | Post: #9
Offline SARG_SAM 
(18-03-2013 07:56 AM)cerinth Wrote:  
(18-03-2013 07:47 AM)SARG_SAM Wrote:  There is approximately 148 players in the Australian region.....

Big name, or big mouths? Forum spammers don't always equate to good players.

[Image: NewSig_zpsd6087343.jpg]
Check out my Youtube Channel- Weapon Reviews, Challenges and More!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/WGFImages
18-03-2013, 09:08 AM | Post: #10
Offline Mitchell 
(18-03-2013 08:53 AM)SARG_SAM Wrote:  

SARG_SAM is correct on at least on account. Australia/New Zealand and it's surrounds have next to no players. The players that stick around are high skilled.

EDIT: Spelling error corrected.

[Image: 30w0511.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 18-03-2013 09:12 AM by Mitchell.)
18-03-2013, 09:23 AM | Post: #11
Offline kayack1
(18-03-2013 08:53 AM)SARG_SAM Wrote:  

Landia and Nord ain't spamming .
18-03-2013, 09:27 AM | Post: #12
Offline dutchwillsurvive 
(18-03-2013 05:50 AM)RakketyTam Wrote:  CNN news reporting live from EA headquarters. Reporters: How do you feel obout 1000000 players? EA: Get the f**k outa here! And stop filming our money!

Wow...1 million players...
Congrats on squeezing out all of our money since the Open Beta EA! Really,congrats! Big Grin

[Image: dutchwillsurvive.jpg]
Sig made by TedMosby,thanks a lot man!
18-03-2013, 09:44 AM | Post: #13
Offline jonj57 
1,000,000+ players and they still couldn't afford to hire someone with any sense of balance.

18-03-2013, 10:20 AM | Post: #14
Offline p3rf0rat0r 
the more we get the less they care.....

18-03-2013, 11:13 AM | Post: #15
Offline MrMissalot 
I have downloaded the extension for both Chrome and Chromium, so there's actually 950,630 instead of 950,631 Wink

18-03-2013, 01:59 PM | Post: #16
Offline Jilsson 
yes but what about pepole who has quit or just visit in forums
18-03-2013, 03:35 PM | Post: #17
Online Solid 
As mentioned already these are only Chrome User, i´m personally using it myself and still since I could fix the "Shockwave Player crashing" but FF is also quite well so that I think that the same amount of FF Users play via FF, additionally there are those who use still IE (with probably (too many) tool bars *giggle*). I have to look up when GC changed but recall that it was not long ago so it might be quite a nice number if we consider that many F2P/P4F-Players tend to leave quickly. As another kind of statistic, by looking around Steam we can observe that 5-10% of the players do not even have the first achievement of a retail game (which equals mostly a finished tutorial/introduction), at any F2P Game we can consider that more than 50% do not play another day after the first one. I guess we can´t conclude that F2P Games are in general worse than Retail Games but that we in general are bound less to a game we have not paid for.

As a quick note: Beware that plain statistics can be quite tricky and that any good publisher will try to keep the stats good by e.g making the game more newcomer friendly (no overwhelming with game mechanics but step by step teaching) so that they get into the game before trashing it. A good introduction ain´t everything, while the end game or the end of a story has to be good as well, a weak main part of a game might ruin it too, few like to grind their levels up to unlock the late game content or simply play until the end. So after all, do not trust statistics but read rather comprehensive tests (3 at least one evaluating it good, one bad and a balanced), about games before judging them as someone omniscient

(18-03-2013 08:53 AM)SARG_SAM Wrote:  Big name, or big mouths? Forum spammers don't always equate to good players.

Indeed, it is obvious that those who spam more have less time for playing (or you have less time for RL stuff)
Btw, what about those who appeared to be good once but do worse now due to unknown but still good reasons? Can those still judge well about a game they played, observed, liked and hated some times Angel

(18-03-2013 05:46 AM)ISEEU Wrote:  maybe sell the 93R for 1 dollar for 1 day Blush had to try at least to put the idea in Vital's mind Angel
How about a limited M145 for 3F instead? Like many I got a Holosight for my Medic and for such few Funds but unlike me many do not have another permanent sight/scope since the M145 is just too "special", if it is sold for a set amount it is expensive and for a limited time.

I´m a Community Moderator, not an official EA Representative ~nya
18-03-2013, 04:04 PM | Post: #18
Offline 1337-G4nner 
Rewards of some sort are allways welcome.

18-03-2013, 04:19 PM | Post: #19
Offline Ted1Mosby 
And if each of them only payed 1 buck for this game ...

O_O

O_O

I want to apply for a job!

(This post was last modified: 18-03-2013 04:19 PM by Ted1Mosby.)
18-03-2013, 04:23 PM | Post: #20
Offline Tempo_Rarity 
Newsworthy : The number of deaths in BfP4f in two years .
I read (a year ago?) that we'd already had 1.5 billion kills in-game .
What's that particular number lately ?

Wise Man Say : Don't Shoot Mouth Off Unless Brain Loaded
Tempo_Rarity - R . . . Hammerfix - E . . . HeadFood - M . . . Squeamish - A