Hello There, Guest!

25-01-2013, 01:35 AM | Post: #1
Offline Crusard-Z 
I've been playing this game for a while now and always liked the less popular weapon choices and configs.
I've all 4 classes on at least lv27 (on 2 accounts). I have a big gun collection I've earned with credits.

My first conclusion is that most guns in the game are well competitive against each other. Sure there are OP guns, it's a shame really.
However they can be beaten by their less powerful counterparts... with a few exceptions Smile

Out of late afternoon boredom, I've come up a list of weapons that I've considered as the most challenging weapons you can use in the game. All comparisons are made using the most effective attachment configuration for each gun.
Don't take me wrong. These weapons have been really fun to use, most guns have their own personality Smile, However these particular 5 have taken the most effort to compete with.
Each is ranked relatively according to their class counterparts (which means that number 1 is not necessarily worse than number 4, for example).

Crusard's
Top 5 most challenging weapons in BFP4F

5) M9
[Image: 3006.png]

S.T.A.R.S agent Chris Redfield kicked zombie ass big time with his Samurai Edge M9 in Resident Evil. If he had this version that 'only the few' have in BFP4F, he would've been eaten alive. In seconds.
Before the big pistol nerf everyone complained that they were just too snipey to compete with (and they really were, I mean do you remember those guys counter sniping your M95 with just a pistol, at 100 meters?). After EA reduced their long range damage (personally, I would have added them deviation instead of damage nerf, it would make more sense) pistols became a close quarters friend like they should be.
They reduced their short range damage as well, but only the M9 suffered a great damage reduction, relatively speaking, as it currently deals about half as much damage as the powerful P226 and E1911. If you hit someone in the chest at 10 meters distance, you'll deal around 10 damage. Headshots go for 25 so better aimed shots do reward, like on other pistols.
For some reason it has the slowest rate of fire of the non-handcannon pistols, which can make it seem like some of your shots just don't go off.

PROs:
- It's free

CONs:
- Damage comparable to that of a nerf gun
- Slower, buggy rate of fire

4) SVU-A (Long-range config)
[Image: 4270.png]

The Dragunov SVU is the bullpop version of the SVD, and was redesigned for mobility and infiltration. In this game, it has absolutely nothing to do with it's longer-lenghted parent.
First of all, I just need to say that this gun does not really need a buff for it is a superb CQB killer with the right attachments. With Close in, CQC ammo, Stabilized Stock, and Rapid Aim Red Dot Sight, this gun is a beast. Even with a reduced rate of fire, it will kill anything in 3 shots below 30 meters (100%). In theory, a headshot point-blank is able to take down an opponent in 1 shot.
But we're not here to brag about how good it is at CQC. This gun is supposed to be a sniper rifle after all.
The sideways recoil is totally manageable for non-scoped sights, but when sniping out range it becomes a big factor. It's simply harder to reaim and will take you more time than the Vintorez, it's full-auto counterpart. It's low rate of fire makes it less damaging, and even with the right long range config (Precision, Vipers, Stabilized) it will deal as much damage per shot as the L85 (4-shot killer). A very low ammo count (16 bullets default), really long reload time and high deviation make it a huge challenge to get ranged kills.

PROs:
- Rarely seen in the battlefield
- In CQC config, it's quite decent

CONs:
- Very low ammo (16 default)
- Very long reload speed (6 sec)
- Sideways recoil (hard to snipe with even if you're experienced)

3) MG3
[Image: 4248.png]

The old MG42 from World War II is back on the battlefield. It's lost most of its former glory, though.
Unlike the deadly G3A3 and PP2K, this starter gun has no hipfire capabilities, making it necessary to rely on it's 0.2 ADS time (altough the animation is much slower than that so it's hard to aim quickly). The iron sights are currently bugged. They jump up and down with heavy breathing unlike all other guns in BFP4F, and the reticle is too bulky to help make accurate shots. If you try to add a sight to it, such as the Rapid Aim Red Dot Sight, the ADS time will be nerfed back to 0.36 or 0.4 due to the poor game design.
Damage is below average, requiring 5-6 shots to take down a target at any range (HP or V mags). Chaotic recoil enforces 3-5 shot bursts to make any good hits. The sound is off as well, very much unsync'd to the actual rate of fire. Overall, if this gun were to be fixed, it'd be much much easier to use as it should be.

PROs:
- It's free.

CONs:
- Bugged iron sights
- Sound out-of-sync
- Below-average damage
- Relatively high recoil and deviation per shot

2) M14/SVD
[Image: m14andsvd.png]

*(btw Fixed That M14 Scope and scaling for You, Diwan Smile)

First of all I know these are two very different guns which handle very differently. M14 has reliable hipfire and really fast RoF, making it decently effective for an eventual CQC encounter. SVD has dead-on accuracy at range. However both share the same DMR spirit: Hit moving targets with ease and without having to worry about tediously pushing new bullets into the chamber.
The philosophy is simple: If it's static first aim for the head and then the chest. If he's running, just shoot away until dead. There is bullet drop. SVD has a bit more than the L96 has if you want to compare to a more popular sniper rifle. Your targets will go down in 3 body shots most of the time (Vipers / HP ammo) which is not that great considering many ARs and some LMGs can kill in 4 shots with the same consistency, more rate of fire, less deviation, and quite importantly, no added bullet drop.
Don't take me wrong, these guns are really fun to play with. However they are among the most inefficient weapons in the game.

PROs:
- Great ammo count per mag
- Rarely seen in the battlefield
- Good rate of fire (M14)

CONs:
- Bullet drop
- Highest recoil in the game (takes longer to re-aim each shot)
- Very high deviation (M14)
- Very low rate of fire (SVD. It shoots about twice as fast as an L96 bolt action!)

1) AK47

[Image: 4181.png]

With an effective range up to 350 meters, it's rugged build and cheap production costs, the AK47 has become one of the most popular assault rifles in the world.
However in this game it seems to be quite the opposite: It costs 90000 credits to buy permanent, and it's currently the highest recoil and deviation non-sniper rifle.
Interestingly the AEK, the SCAR-L, and the L85 deal more damage than the AK47. However with close-in barrel and CQC ammo, it's the only AR capable of 3-shot kills up to 10 meters. In its most efficient configuration (Precision, Vipers, Tactical) it is capable of 4-shot kills on any range 90% of the time (same damage output as the 416).
The recoil on this gun is comparable to that of the M110 (a high-recoil semi-auto sniper rifle). This makes it very hard to hit your target after the 3rd or 4th bullet. It's necessary to limit your bursts to 2-3 ticks at a time. I've put an M145 and used it as a DMR rifle (like I do on most guns anyway) and the first shot will always land on the target's head like other weapons, altough any AR is immensely easier to use and kill with.
This gun makes the definition of a Hardcore weapon.

PROs:
- Good damage (AEK/SCAR/L85 deal even more damage though)
- 30 bullets per mag (with V mags)
- Rarely seen on the battlefield

CONs:
- Very expensive
- Extreme recoil
- Very high deviation per shot

_________

Do you think other weapons should be on this list? Please share your opinions and thoughts Smile

[Image: s30kv.png]

Engineer / Assault              Medic / Recon
25-01-2013, 02:28 AM | Post: #2
Offline EmSun 
Nice interesting post. I think you should add at least one smg to the list, just for comparisons sake (and for the fun of it). Maybe P90 or AKS74U.

Regarding the svd: when I ran it (my first weapon as a recon) i had immense trouble with finshing off my opponent. Partly because i was a noobrecon but also because of the RoF and bullettdrop. I played a lot on karkand and usually i would hit 2 body shots before the enemy went round a corner etc. this granted me a good number of kill assists and a great deal of frustration. I remember thinking to myself, playing recon is really hard but then i bought the shodredux SKS-kit and it was like I was playing a different game. However I have to give the SVD credit for making me go the high road in learning how to play a recon. my k/d suffered greatly in those rounds though.

Vem tror du att du är?
25-01-2013, 02:28 AM | Post: #3
Offline BlakeAndrews 
ak47 hardest to use? I disagree

[Image: sJkiJce.png]

CUSTOM GUNS AND SKINS
25-01-2013, 02:30 AM | Post: #4
Offline Aremz 
major problem with the svd is the bullet trail.
gives away you position before you can finish off the enemy.

25-01-2013, 02:33 AM | Post: #5
Offline Pellets 
QJY-88 should be up there, too. High recoil, Terribly high deviation, average statistics.

[Image: sJXS6s7.png]
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/a_neat_pelly [All tweets belong to me and are separate from the forum.] | Teamspeak 3: london4.teamspeak.net:23443 | My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/neatpelly | My Youtube: http://waa.ai/4aGu | My expensive CSGO Inventory http://waa.ai/4aGe |
PSA: I won't be removing any of the Baba Ji / Advertisement spam for the forseeable future. Please PM Fixnow with a request for Email Verification and Picaptcha, hopefully this will get noticed. It's not my [voluntary] job to clean up something that's preventable by the developers.
25-01-2013, 02:33 AM | Post: #6
Offline FearTheChoob 
One of the hardest assault rifles to use, even though it's not in the store as of now, is the 416 carbine. Sure, it performs decent in cqc to mid range combat, but when it comes to long range combat, there is somewhat of a learning curve. On top of that, the 416 carbine has misaligned iron sights.

"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."
25-01-2013, 02:47 AM | Post: #7
Offline Chronox. 
Where is the AK74su ? the shittiest SMG ever ?

OP85 DOES 3 shot kill with stingray mags Big Grin without limiting long ranged damage. (3-4-4 shots to kill).

MG3 is EASY to use, just attach a balanced stock and enjoy a decent default.

FIX Memory leak
A proud RED Clan member
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2013 02:55 AM by Chronox..)
25-01-2013, 02:55 AM | Post: #8
Offline VForVendetta 
The Scattergun is definitely the hardest to use gun that costs funds. 5.3 second reload for two shots, barely more range than the knife, and no iron sights. Good luck with that piece of crap. Nice for trolling though.

[Image: vgtpZ.png?1]
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2013 02:56 AM by VForVendetta.)
25-01-2013, 03:18 AM | Post: #9
Offline Crusard-Z 
(25-01-2013 02:28 AM)EmSun Wrote:  Nice interesting post. I think you should add at least one smg to the list, just for comparisons sake (and for the fun of it). Maybe P90 or AKS74U.

I think there is no bad SMG. They're all awesome at CQC.
The only one that's very slightly behind the rest would be UZI, and maybe the 9A-91 which is a nerfed AKSU.

Fun of you to mention P90 and AKSU, they're my mostly used engi guns Smile
Neither of them is bad, or even close to being bad. P90 is a recoiless, multi-killing spray beast. Now about the AKS74U... I use it as a DMR (Precision, Viper, Balanced, M145) and it behaves very similarily to the G3A3. Up close it has way-above-the-average hipfire capabilities.

(25-01-2013 02:33 AM)Pellets Wrote:  QJY-88 should be up there, too. High recoil, Terribly high deviation, average statistics.

What is great about this gun is it's 100% 4-shot-kill capability. Only this and the QBB95 have that. I've used it a lot on my medic and I only need an M145 for it to be 'finished'. First shot will always land on target. My best ranged kill is 233, which was when I got the scope for 1 day in the draw.
It does have a slow, unreliable full-auto, though, contrary to how it should be on an LMG.

BlakeAndrews Wrote:ak47 hardest to use? I disagree

Even though you're a L85 user you seem to have tried many ARs, except AK47. Buy it, you'll see what I mean Smile

(25-01-2013 02:33 AM)FearTheChoob Wrote:  One of the hardest assault rifles to use, even though it's not in the store as of now, is the 416 carbine.

Before I bought it I thought it was terrible too. Then I started using it and I can say it's almost as good as the AEK. Kills in 4 shots, and recoil ain't that bad. It's my AR of choice whenever I need to be highly competitive (among other ARs I own the AEK too, but I don't wanna use it).

[Image: s30kv.png]

Engineer / Assault              Medic / Recon
25-01-2013, 03:22 AM | Post: #10
Offline Sgt.PineKiller 
(25-01-2013 02:28 AM)BlakeAndrews Wrote:  ak47 hardest to use? I disagree

If you're are going to disagree at least post the weapon you think is hardest to use...

Replace M9 with QJY-88 then the list is about right
I agree the AK-47 is the hardest especially without attachments
25-01-2013, 04:57 AM | Post: #11
Offline FatGazeIIe 
AK47 is quite easy and fun to use.

Either use it as a regular AR, (nemesis, viper, precision), or a fully auto shotty (close-in, CQC ammo, balanced).

IMHO:

5. M9
4.QJY
3.MG3
2. M14
1. Scattergun

25-01-2013, 05:00 AM | Post: #12
Offline VForVendetta 
Damn I really wish they would just fix the M14's 3-P size already. I mean, it's been almost a whole dang year and a half that the gun's been out, and they still haven't fixed its LMG-size third-person model. I like your scope placement much better as well, Crusard!

[Image: vgtpZ.png?1]
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2013 05:02 AM by VForVendetta.)
25-01-2013, 05:04 AM | Post: #13
Offline BoomStick. 
One gun, that's so unpopular, that it wasn't even mentioned yet - F2000.

[Image: sig2.png]
25-01-2013, 05:19 AM | Post: #14
Offline FatGazeIIe 
F2000 is one of the best rifles..very under-rated

25-01-2013, 05:46 AM | Post: #15
Offline EmSun 
(25-01-2013 03:18 AM)Crusard-Z Wrote:  [quote='EmSun' pid='1265307' dateline='1359077291']
Nice interesting post. I think you should add at least one smg to the list, just for comparisons sake (and for the fun of it). Maybe P90 or AKS74U.

I think there is no bad SMG. They're all awesome at CQC.
The only one that's very slightly behind the rest would be UZI, and maybe the 9A-91 which is a nerfed AKSU.

Fun of you to mention P90 and AKSU, they're my mostly used engi guns Smile
Neither of them is bad, or even close to being bad. P90 is a recoiless, multi-killing spray beast. Now about the AKS74U... I use it as a DMR (Precision, Viper, Balanced, M145) and it behaves very similarily to the G3A3. Up close it has way-above-the-average hipfire capabilities.

The 9A91 I know quite well and it doesnt perform at all like the aks74U for me. The hipfire is different and I have trained myself in using the 9a91 exclusively for hipfire, they also have very different range segments (the 9a91 is clearly better than the aks74u). What is is similar is the RoF. The aks74u also has very small magazine not that 20 bullets on the 9a is a lot but it works, partly because of the RoF. Hmm i thought p90 had terrible recoil, maybe im confusing it with another gun...

I checked the tool now and in my opinion the 9a91 is clearly superior (without attachments at least) to the p90 and the aks74u. you have to consider that the "better" damage on the aks74u isnt really better because where the medium range segment on the aks74u ends the close range segment on the 9a91 ends. so when the aks is in long range mode the 9a is still in medium range (for another 15meters!) where the damage done is superior. P90 seems to have a that awkward pull to the right recoil? correct?

here is the setup i have been using for these weapons for reference. the deviation both on ads and hipfire is clearly in favor of the 9a. as well as the damage over range. http://bfp4f.alchemical.ch/en/compare/re...;&Scope=;;

Vem tror du att du är? (This post was last modified: 25-01-2013 05:59 AM by EmSun.)
25-01-2013, 06:07 AM | Post: #16
Offline RakketyTam 
add the pp2000

LETS GO ROYALS!
25-01-2013, 06:14 AM | Post: #17
Offline EmSun 
(25-01-2013 02:55 AM)VForVendetta Wrote:  The Scattergun is definitely the hardest to use gun that costs funds. 5.3 second reload for two shots, barely more range than the knife, and no iron sights. Good luck with that piece of crap. Nice for trolling though.

the scattergun has style and flare at least. and it is actually a good countermeasure against people trying to knife you. thats how ive been using it with my recon.

Vem tror du att du är?
25-01-2013, 06:39 AM | Post: #18
Offline swordfish_strike 
SVD is not that bad, whenever i use it and i'm patience with it i do a very nice K/D but if you rush to go kill kill kill , is not a very good weapon for that, also with my CQC ammo it's a 1 shot kill at close range , on medium and long range 2 shots kill
25-01-2013, 06:50 AM | Post: #19
Offline islahG26 
its the QJY... the recoil is too high!

[Image: qaFyA.png]

DEFIBRILLATOR TO THA FACE
islahG26| pvt.islah2| [TFM]islah_E| SniperzIslah
25-01-2013, 07:23 AM | Post: #20
Offline HershelLayton 
Great list, but you should add P90. While it is good on close range, when shooting something long-range you'll kill the enemy, but you'll spend your whole magazine (50 rounds) - just because of the crazy horizontal recoil. And the ironsights aren't very comfortable...

About AK-47: It's very fun to use, but sometimes it's way too frustrating (especially against long range FAMAS/L85). Maybe I'll start using it again Smile

About UZI: The only problem with this gun is its low range. On close range, you'll tear the enemy apart. However, when it comes to medium range it does just half the normal damage Sad However, it has very controllable recoil and good mag capacity. And it has the same fire rate as most SMGs (600 rounds/s), just the firing sound is slower.

---===Signature pending===---
+++<<<Also a Honey Badger>>>+++
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2013 07:24 AM by HershelLayton.)