Hello There, Guest!

12-12-2012, 05:25 PM | Post: #1
Offline EA_Ben  Go to next Official Response...
Hello all,

I've recently been informed that the details pertaining to the reason behind the change in the Super Low graphics requirements will be ComingSoon™. VitalBullet will make the official post (either here or elsewhere) providing you with the details, if there are any new system requirements, or if the option will ever be reverted back to what it was for our friends with computer specifications on the lower end of the spectrum. Please hold off on posting any more threads relating to this matter. I will now close any threads with this topic and redirect them all to this one only.

Thank you.

VitalBullet's Response on 14/12/2012
(14-12-2012 11:48 AM)VitalBullet Wrote:  Howdy Folks,

So I've had some discussions about this change and what the next steps are.

So to let you know what it was done so first.
The removal of super low was done so as a means of streamlining the production and alteration process. This greatly reduces the time needed to create visuals for things such as maps, objects and so on. This not only applies to the creation but also the alteration such as fixing texture glitches or making changes to maps etc.

Now, as to the steps we are taking for those affected.

We are reviewing the situation now and we'll be carefully monitoring it over time. Unfortunately there won't be any changes made until the new year (Most likely January). This is due to the Christmas period of course. Lots of people involved in releasing game updates and making the changes that go into them are not going to be available, both in our studio, other EA teams and partner companies.

We'll continue to look into this, and I may even ask for some info from you guys regarding system specs and such to see if there are some possible solutions we can do based around that, and if not it's still good data and ammo for feedback.
12-12-2012, 05:40 PM | Post: #2
Offline -=312th=-Jihad
Thanks Benscg. Maybe we can all go back to playing now instead of flaming each other in 20 different threads (yeah, I'm guilty too, sorry). I'm actually interested in the reasoning so I hope soon™is sooner™ than the 128MB GPU support.
12-12-2012, 05:46 PM | Post: #3
Offline dutchwillsurvive 
(12-12-2012 05:41 PM){JC}BATMAN Wrote:  Ha, i can still play on medium without any lag.
Some of us aren't that lucky. Dude. Dodgy

Moderator HomeSen edit:
Max. size for the full signature can not exceed 250 pixels in height and/or 900 pixels in width. This includes images, text, quotes and links. Maximum combined size may not exceed 500KB. Please read the FORUM RULES before posting a new one.

[img]http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/10/sigh_intensifies-93187.gif[img]
I hope this time it's not too big. :|
12-12-2012, 05:48 PM | Post: #4
Offline OperatorFox 
Wow, a dev quickly addressing community issues!

I must say I'm a bit impressed! Wink

12-12-2012, 05:48 PM | Post: #5
Offline ISEEU 
Thank you for informing us, Ben.

The ice cream licks back.
12-12-2012, 06:00 PM | Post: #6
Offline EA_Ben  Go to next Official Response...
As noticed in the many other threads before this, please refrain from belittling those with computer specifications not adequate enough to your standards.
12-12-2012, 06:02 PM | Post: #7
Offline Pellets 
^ Indeed.

For those having trouble; Karkand Rush has been noted to be rather laggy for all users, so as much as you may want to play it, you should avoid it to prevent problems.

You could also choose to lower your resolution in the client options - that can increase your FPS by a margin; for some it may be a margin that makes the game bearable/playable again.

Best of luck! -P

[Image: sJXS6s7.png]
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/a_neat_pelly [All tweets belong to me and are separate from the forum.] | Teamspeak 3: london4.teamspeak.net:23443 | My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/neatpelly | My Youtube: http://waa.ai/4aGu | My expensive CSGO Inventory http://waa.ai/4aGe |
PSA: I won't be removing any of the Baba Ji / Advertisement spam for the forseeable future. Please PM Fixnow with a request for Email Verification and Picaptcha, hopefully this will get noticed. It's not my [voluntary] job to clean up something that's preventable by the developers.
12-12-2012, 06:03 PM | Post: #8
Offline GI-Jerry 
(12-12-2012 05:48 PM)OperatorFox Wrote:  Wow, a dev quickly addressing community issues!

Well Im not impressed.
It would appeare that this was intentional. However, they just forgot to tell us.
I thought that stealing my guns last christmas was bad, but stopping me playing altogether tops that.
An old saying with stable doors and bolting horses springs to mind.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 08:51 PM by GI-Jerry.)
12-12-2012, 06:11 PM | Post: #9
Offline jonj57 
(12-12-2012 06:03 PM)GI-Jerry Wrote:  
(12-12-2012 05:48 PM)OperatorFox Wrote:  Wow, a dev quickly addressing community issues!

Well Im not impressed.
It would appeare that this was intentional. Whoever, they just forgot to tell us.
I thought that stealing my guns last christmas was bad, but stopping me playing altogether tops that.
An old saying with stable doors and bolting horses springs to mind.
To be fair, it wasn't entirely out of the blue. They did have it listed in the change logs of the many many PTE testing runs. Although it should have been more publicly announced than it was.

12-12-2012, 06:58 PM | Post: #10
Offline Doyok_Jelek 
told you its gonna be an awful idea for low-end pc user.
(like me)
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 06:58 PM by Doyok_Jelek.)
12-12-2012, 07:00 PM | Post: #11
Offline RGeneral24 
(12-12-2012 06:02 PM)PeIIets Wrote:  ^ Indeed.

For those having trouble; Karkand Rush has been noted to be rather laggy for all users, so as much as you may want to play it, you should avoid it to prevent problems.

You could also choose to lower your resolution in the client options - that can increase your FPS by a margin; for some it may be a margin that makes the game bearable/playable again.

Best of luck! -P

I play on High with a constant 60 fps and can confirm that I had several fps drops and some freezes in Karkand rush so for you low pc guys its a bad thing but I hope it gets a reasonable solution in the short term.

[Image: w4KftYc.gif]

|| I don't play this game anymore. ||
--- My Battlelog || My Planetside2 Profile ---
12-12-2012, 07:29 PM | Post: #12
Offline Ricoposse 
I think you guys should just put it back to the way it was, no one complained this much about lag. I was going to even buy some funds on the day this lag increase started but not anymore. Tongue

[Image: 2ywtn2a.png]
12-12-2012, 07:39 PM | Post: #13
Offline Hmmmmmmm 
I am starting to have trouble w/ the update. Lag a LOT more and can't record any more... Tongue

[Image: zzx9.jpg]

12-12-2012, 07:44 PM | Post: #14
Offline Ruskiy-Zheka 
My FPS is capped at 100. I've tried uncapping it with the command "game.lockfps 0" and it got up to 300! This game runs smoother than MineCraft.

[Image: vi.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 07:44 PM by Ruskiy-Zheka.)
12-12-2012, 08:13 PM | Post: #15
Offline BurnSnipe
I Have a dual core 2.66 4GB ram XP Pro with a NVidia GeForce 8600 GS 512 ram card and can't play on medium. I Have to play on low for it to be even tolerable.

I do think that the minimum system requirements page needs to be updated.
12-12-2012, 09:42 PM | Post: #16
Offline Ted1Mosby 
(12-12-2012 07:44 PM)Nurse-Zheka Wrote:  My FPS is capped at 100. I've tried uncapping it with the command "game.lockfps 0" and it got up to 300! This game runs smoother than MineCraft.

Where do you enter it; it would probably work for others as well, no?

P4F is kill, rip in peace; banana pudding-2014.

Time [AEK-971] P4F

In other words, An Ending, A Beginning.
12-12-2012, 10:31 PM | Post: #17
Offline [ETA]TeFarmeo+3 
bottom line EA or easy do it for the money so if they do raise the graphic requirements alot of people who play super low will not be playing anymore so it will be a loss of business and a lot of players dropping out of BFP4f for good.
12-12-2012, 10:59 PM | Post: #18
Offline dokk1e_1. 
(12-12-2012 07:44 PM)Nurse-Zheka Wrote:  My FPS is capped at 100. I've tried uncapping it with the command "game.lockfps 0" and it got up to 300! This game runs smoother than MineCraft.

where do you write that command!? General.Con file or?
13-12-2012, 12:18 AM | Post: #19
Offline Psych8709 
Do somthing about it or I promise you many will stop playing it. It took me 4 shoots to trace a 20-25 meters far moving tank lol
13-12-2012, 02:18 AM | Post: #20
Offline abdo-totti 
(12-12-2012 08:13 PM)BurnSnipe Wrote:  I Have a dual core 2.66 4GB ram XP Pro with a NVidia GeForce 8600 GS 512 ram card and can't play on medium. I Have to play on low for it to be even tolerable.

I do think that the minimum system requirements page needs to be updated.

u play on LOW what for?

i recorded a rush gameplay @medium nothing changed except few chokes that happens with server.

PRESS MY SIG