Hello There, Guest!

11-12-2012, 12:08 AM | Post: #1
Offline xxXMactavishXxx 
Hello my friends of Battlefield, I would like to help me with a problem I have: When I go to a server I get this error "pb important: restriction: Service communication failure: Pnkbstrb.exe" and seconds later I'm kicked from the server

Thanks for the help. xxXMactavishXxx
11-12-2012, 05:38 AM | Post: #2
Offline [L3]De[v] 
90% of PB problems can be fixed by reinstalling PB.

1) Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features
2) Uninstall "PunkBuster Services"

3) Download http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php
4) Add game(play4free) the tell it up install PB and update.

Best of luck.

L3git Tactics is actively recruiting www.L3git.com
11-12-2012, 07:02 PM | Post: #3
Offline -=312th=-Jihad
De[v] why must you post your stupidity all the time when it comes to PB? PBSetup is not going to install PB, it will never install PB and never has installed PB. The only goddamned thing it does is update the client. NOTHING ELSE!

If you're getting a PnkBstrB.exe comms failure dude make sure you have an exception made for it in \system32 and \syswow if you're on a 64 bit OS. Be sure you have UDP ports 44301 and 45301 forwarded and set PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe to AUTOMATIC in the Services and Applications tab on your Computer Management Console then reboot.
09-11-2014, 11:08 AM | Post: #4
Offline 218918 
(11-12-2012 07:02 PM)-=312th=-Jihad Wrote:  De[v] why must you post your stupidity all the time when it comes to PB? PBSetup is not going to install PB, it will never install PB and never has installed PB. The only goddamned thing it does is update the client. NOTHING ELSE!

If you're getting a PnkBstrB.exe comms failure dude make sure you have an exception made for it in \system32 and \syswow if you're on a 64 bit OS. Be sure you have UDP ports 44301 and 45301 forwarded and set PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe to AUTOMATIC in the Services and Applications tab on your Computer Management Console then reboot.

Is this really works?

PnkBstrA.exe and PnkbstrB.exe was already in automatic in Application and service area. Did I have to reboot my computer after making UDP ports 44301 and 45301?

Believing in God more than yourself means
you are one lazy person
[/align] (This post was last modified: 09-11-2014 11:10 AM by 218918.)
09-11-2014, 05:07 PM | Post: #5
Offline PvtStandOn 
312th Jihad is correct.
PBSetup only updates the definitions. PBSvc installs the services and automatically adds PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB to windows firewall exceptions list.

If you already have both services listed in services.msc, then a firewall or your router is blocking PnkBstrB. You can manually add the service to your firewall exceptions, or choose to run PBSvc. Remember though PBSvc only adds it's exceptions to windows firewall. If you use a different firewall you will need to manually add both the services to it's exceptions list.

This method works if you are only using windows firewall. I use this method after a fresh install of the game from formatting, or for first time use of the game.

First download PBSVC

Run it as administrator, by right clicking it and choosing that choice. Choose Install/ Reinstall services. It'll complete displaying a message, finished without error.

Next is updating the punkbuster definitions. Easiest way is PBSetup

Follow that guide. Add Battlefield Play4Free then click update. Make sure to right click it and run as administrator.

Try the game again.

If you continue getting an error, you either have a different firewall blocking communication, security software blocking communication, or the router blocking communication. For firewall and security software you need to manually add both PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB to it's exceptions. For the router you will need to forward the two ports listed above. Easiest way to explain how this is done is from this website http://portforward.com/default.htm You can use this site to search for your router model, which will explain how it's done on your router.