Hello There, Guest!

26-02-2012, 07:33 AM | Post: #1
Offline =GammaEagle= 
Was just noticing that there are multiple parties involving different views and ideas about the Battle Helicopter. I want them all concentrated so that we can get the big picture more easily. So it's time to talk seriously about something that we can lols. Or maybe the other way around.

Okay, please start your response with one of these:

I hate Battle Heli's!
Battle Heli's are a nuisance.
I don't really care, they don't affect me.
I like Battle Heli's...
They're controlling me! Their awesome power is forcing me to use them! I can't help it!

For me, I'm probably the last one...
26-02-2012, 10:31 AM | Post: #2
Offline quangb001 
they are OP if you have IFF

I might fix you car
26-02-2012, 10:35 AM | Post: #3
Offline Solo_Kamen 
OP? if you are good with BTR you can shot down any heli passing by. You can hit it hard even with tank. So use AntiAir, BTR and tanks to counter helicopter pilots.

If you live in deceit, you have no life.
26-02-2012, 10:38 AM | Post: #4
Offline Wixx 
Just dont mention it....it'll be nerfed to dead again............

IT IS BATTLEFIELD not COD SO DEAL WITH IT NO NEED for QQ TROLL magnet threads K TNX BAI

[Image: wixx_sig.png]
(This post was last modified: 26-02-2012 10:41 AM by Wixx.)
26-02-2012, 10:43 AM | Post: #5
Offline Merlini 
~_~ They are fine.
26-02-2012, 10:52 AM | Post: #6
Offline Healin4ev3r 
IFF plus high splash damage on hellfire missles make attack helicopters OP.

[Image: xhUzq]

Honey Badger
PTFO
26-02-2012, 11:17 AM | Post: #7
Offline friday21st 
(26-02-2012 10:52 AM)Healin4ev3r Wrote:  IFF plus high splash damage on hellfire missles make attack helicopters OP.

Nubs in the ground make heli op.

But agree that iff is bit too much, should be gunner skill.

Sad
26-02-2012, 11:25 AM | Post: #8
Offline Healin4ev3r 
Even if you are not "nub" it's still not easy to take down heli in maps that lack AA like Dragon Valley. You can say that it isn't hard to shoot heli with APC, but it isn't hard to fly high and counter these attacks, also.

Honey Badger
PTFO
26-02-2012, 11:37 AM | Post: #9
Offline -=OG=-RPGforYOU 
Are the helicopters OP? Not really ...

You just need some engineers in your team. That trace and shoot the rpg. And done! Smile
See not why you should nerf it. I don't fly it ... but really its fine. You just need some good players to take out the heli. Smile
26-02-2012, 11:45 AM | Post: #10
Offline Healin4ev3r 
(26-02-2012 11:37 AM)RPGforYOU Wrote:  You just need some engineers in your team. That trace and shoot the rpg. And done! Smile

and half of the time your rocket will fly aside the tagged heli instead of hit it. Another ridiculous bug.

Honey Badger
PTFO
26-02-2012, 11:51 AM | Post: #11
Offline KittyKiller1 
yea.... i was always thinking...do my rpgs have a mind on its own and y is it helping the enemy 2 kill me?

26-02-2012, 11:57 AM | Post: #12
Offline CropedFrag 
(26-02-2012 07:33 AM)=GammaEagle= Wrote:  Was just noticing that there are multiple parties involving different views and ideas about the Battle Helicopter. I want them all concentrated so that we can get the big picture more easily. So it's time to talk seriously about something that we can lols. Or maybe the other way around.

Okay, please start your response with one of these:

I hate Battle Heli's!
Battle Heli's are a nuisance.
I don't really care, they don't affect me.
I like Battle Heli's...
They're controlling me! Their awesome power is forcing me to use them! I can't help it!

For me, I'm probably the last one...

I'm not starting with either of these. I'm a human being and have necessity of a much more personal opinion (none of these fit...). I'll start with.

"Helicopters are sometimes a nuicance, but they also require very skilled hands to be able to be operable,
they are not a toy you will just learn how to fly it at the beggining... But they might need tha bit of a tweak."

I believe that the problem that makes every infantry unit hate the heli, it's their hellfire missiles at infantry. And we all know that hellfires were supposed to be a primary weapon against vehicles, not infantry. I guess a solution similar to the RPG nerf could be implemented: reducing the splash damage and radious, but not the direct damage. Enough to make more worth to use the hydra system agains infantry together with the hellfires, and to wait for the gunner to trace vehicles to make sure that those hellfires hit any vehicle very hard.

Also, on the other hand... By nerfind a bit the hellfires, I have to say that the co-pilot seat needs to become a bit better, at least is somewhat hard to be co-pilot, that their gun was supposed to be the main against infantry. Maybe the gunner needs a bit more splash damage then. I believe anyone with IFF trainning should have IFF on gunner seat too. They would become the new infantry hunters.

PS.: Helis might seem OP when the pilot has IFF, but don't forget that a pilot with IFF invests 9 to 10 trainning points on the heli alone... Don't be surprised if he seems a powerful character on air maps. And obviously he will not be as powerful as infantry, as a soldiers that rather invested points on infantry trainning. I believe their damage output was reduced a bit lately, or am I wrong?

PSs.: Also, I'm not sure if you ever faced a true jet pilot... Because, they can seem pretty OP sometimes too. Only that it's even harder to be a jet players. But almost any trully good jet player that escape and keep destroying any AA, while at same time keeping vehicles at bay.
(This post was last modified: 26-02-2012 03:01 PM by CropedFrag.)
26-02-2012, 12:00 PM | Post: #13
Offline Strac.CRO 
in overall design of attack helicopter in this game is FAIL (also LittleBird too)

[Image: journeyv.jpg]

26-02-2012, 01:16 PM | Post: #14
Offline BuckTester 
(26-02-2012 10:52 AM)Healin4ev3r Wrote:  IFF plus high splash damage on hellfire missles make attack helicopters OP.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: jDk2uU]

Submit BL-ban? - Appeal BL-ban!
26-02-2012, 01:19 PM | Post: #15
Offline AJoao611
(26-02-2012 10:31 AM)quangb001 Wrote:  they are OP if you have IFF

I fucking lol to ppl saying IFF is OP... if it is OP, then the advanced thread awareness is also OP! Duh?...
26-02-2012, 01:24 PM | Post: #16
Offline Xobi-Sahara 
IFF shouldnt show infantry...that OP advantage of atack heli's....

https://www.facebook.com/KsobinhoPhotography

Wink
26-02-2012, 01:26 PM | Post: #17
Offline AJoao611
(26-02-2012 01:24 PM)Xobi-Sahara Wrote:  IFF shouldnt show infantry...that OP advantage of atack heli's....

Then nerf the advanced threat awareness too.
26-02-2012, 01:34 PM | Post: #18
Offline kayack1
AMMO + luna ( as the gunner ) + combat chopper = ultimate death star .
AMMO + combat chopper and luna + another combat chopper in the same team + landia on the ground = ultimate apocalypse .
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-FBx_flGZMMlZA1OvF16...PScNhaZgyg]
26-02-2012, 01:51 PM | Post: #19
Offline AJoao611
(26-02-2012 01:34 PM)kayack1 Wrote:  AMMO + Joao611 ( as the gunner ) + combat chopper = ultimate death star .
AMMO + combat chopper and Joao611 + another combat chopper in the same team + landia on the ground = ultimate apocalypse .
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-FBx_flGZMMlZA1OvF16...PScNhaZgyg]

FTFY Tongue
26-02-2012, 02:42 PM | Post: #20
Offline warm_vuur 
The hellfire is OP, rest is ok, remember the IFF is tier 3...