Hello There, Guest!

03-02-2012, 01:32 PM | Post: #1
Offline VitalBullet  Go to next Official Response...
Unlockables

Check out the new unlock system which brings with it new meaning to rising through the ranks. Not only will you be leveling up your hero but you will be opening up yourself to new attachments, weapons and clothing along the way.

This will likely make more difference to newer players as if you already own, or have previously rented an item it will automatically be unlocked, but if not you will need to reach the required level to take advantage of what unlocks can provide.

More and more items are unlocked as you level up... Below is an example of the notice you will receive after you unlock an item and return to the game menu and you can expect to unlock items EVERY level/

[Image: unlockables_screen2.gif]

The next screenshot shows what the in game store will look like. As you can see each locked item displays the level at which it is unlock as well as a progress bar giving you a quick first glance impression letting you know how close you are to unlocking the it. Attachments also have a similar display and progress bar.

[Image: unlockables_screen1.jpg]

Items need to be unlocked on a per character basis so if you unlock a shotgun for your Medic you will need to unlock it again for your Engineer.

So there you have it soldiers, it's time to buckle down and fight your way to the top, progress to getting your hand on better gear and proving you have what it takes to take the fight to the battlefield in style.

Feel free to leave any comments you have in this thread and let us know what you think.

[Image: BFP4F---Permanent-Attachments-v3.jpg]

Permanent Attachments

Today is going to mark another big change in Battlefield Play4Free as we are introducing the sought after Permanent price points to ALL weapon attachments as well as reducing attachment rental prices (Funds only) across the board.

That's right, all weapon attachments can now be purchased PERMANENTLY and as always, all weapon attachments will still work across all of the class specific weapon you purchased them for so don't forget, if you buy an attachment on lets say one sniper rifle you can use it on all other sniper rifles too.

This change is in effect as of right now so head on over to the in-game store and customize your weapons the way they suit you.

03-02-2012, 05:25 PM | Post: #2
Offline -=OG=-Vercetti 
Halleluyah!

U-238 Wrote:..when I participated in the EVGA Jeep Battles and I first heard MassiveImpulsa's voice I thought he was a girl......
03-02-2012, 05:28 PM | Post: #3
Offline Septuagint 
Silvanoshi, tell the guys i'm proud they did something right. Thanks for a positive post. Smile

[Image: signature.png]
03-02-2012, 05:30 PM | Post: #4
Offline kayack1
finally ...
03-02-2012, 05:35 PM | Post: #5
Offline LittleBigCannon 
nice (:
now just nerf the shotguns and introduce the acog sights ;D

[Image: 1s5XL.png]
03-02-2012, 05:40 PM | Post: #6
Offline St0mpy 
Oh great, some good news finally Smile

Im tentatively pleased that our cries of 'we want perm' has been heard, ofc im sure the team noticed that their game only suited super rich or dedicated grinders, at least now its more open for people to come and go again.

My only concern now is whether there will now be an attachment race. Perhaps we perm attachment X or Y, then each month a better attachment comes needing us to buy another?

Bottom line for the legacy people is that we still have to re-buy what we already owned. Not really pleased about that in light of the fact our legacy weapons still have huge recoil and deviation.

On the unlocks, advice for the low ranking people, go out and rent the weapons you think you might use for a day so they are preunlocked when this hits Wink

And lastly, just remember guys, theyve still lied to us once, permanent may not mean permanent!!
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 05:51 PM by St0mpy.)
03-02-2012, 05:42 PM | Post: #7
Offline Septuagint 
i believe you have to purchase or rent these unlockables, but you cannot do either one of those things until you reach a certain level, but i could be wrong. They aren't given to the player free.

03-02-2012, 05:46 PM | Post: #8
Offline Silvanoshi
(03-02-2012 05:28 PM)Septuagint Wrote:  Silvanoshi, tell the guys i'm proud they did something right. Thanks for a positive post. Smile

STOP THE PRESSES!!!! Septuagint had something positive to say about the game? I didn't think I'd live to see the day Tongue.

Just kidding mate, I appreciate the fact that you speak your mind Smile .

Silvanoshi
03-02-2012, 05:48 PM | Post: #9
Offline Xobi-Sahara 
yeah...good job;D <bravo> first time...Tongue

https://www.facebook.com/KsobinhoPhotography

Wink
03-02-2012, 05:49 PM | Post: #10
Offline mono 
Possibly one of the best updates you've made in a while. Thank you.

Only one thing I don't really understand though;

(03-02-2012 01:32 PM)VitalBullet Wrote:  Not only will you be leveling up your hero but you will be opening up yourself to new attachments, weapons and clothing.

Does this mean level requirements on clothing?
Since none of the clothing can be rented with credits, and there's only a fairly limited selection (compared to something like BFH, for instance), having a level req to pay cash for a passive non-enhancing item seems more than a bit odd.

[Image: monosignam2.png]
03-02-2012, 05:50 PM | Post: #11
Offline kayack1
(03-02-2012 05:46 PM)Silvanoshi Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 05:28 PM)Septuagint Wrote:  Silvanoshi, tell the guys i'm proud they did something right. Thanks for a positive post. Smile

STOP THE PRESSES!!!! Septuagint had something positive to say about the game? I didn't think I'd live to see the day Tongue.

Silvanoshi

*3 months after

EA we are proud to announce that now the attachements are no longer available in last forever ( even the holosight ) , PROBLEM players [Image: troll.gif]

community :
WTF Oo ?!?

PS : first time i am pleased since months and months ... so GG this time Tongue
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 05:51 PM by kayack1.)
03-02-2012, 05:53 PM | Post: #12
Offline mono 
(03-02-2012 05:40 PM)St0mpy Wrote:  Bottom line for the legacy people is that we still have to re-buy what we already owned. Not really pleased about that in light of the fact our legacy weapons still have huge recoil and deviation.

Technically, with some of the attachments we can now permanently buy better parts than those we'd already owned.

Doesn't really help to support their 'legacy attachments are unbalanced' argument :/

[Image: monosignam2.png]
03-02-2012, 05:58 PM | Post: #13
Offline St0mpy 
(03-02-2012 05:53 PM)mono Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 05:40 PM)St0mpy Wrote:  Bottom line for the legacy people is that we still have to re-buy what we already owned. Not really pleased about that in light of the fact our legacy weapons still have huge recoil and deviation.

Technically, with some of the attachments we can now permanently buy better parts than those we'd already owned.

Doesn't really help to support their 'legacy attachments are unbalanced' argument :/

Mostly the attachments fall short of what we owned at the top level, some barely make a difference, but perhaps some of the basic/vet level weapons may be able to have a few stats better.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 05:59 PM by St0mpy.)
03-02-2012, 06:05 PM | Post: #14
Offline Septuagint 
(03-02-2012 05:46 PM)Silvanoshi Wrote:  

Silvanoshi

I apprciate it. Why, to celebrate this momentous occasion i will eat a tasty dinner. Its the least i can do to show my appreciation for such a decision. : D

03-02-2012, 06:06 PM | Post: #15
Offline Thunderchief1 
<Edit - Cancelled post. had idiot question in first post>

[Image: j2we.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 06:23 PM by Thunderchief1.)
03-02-2012, 06:07 PM | Post: #16
Offline Catcherko 
Good job.

[Image: ec6519b82e3a00df6857a8d3afe28352.png]
03-02-2012, 06:08 PM | Post: #17
Offline Thunderchief1 
(03-02-2012 05:53 PM)mono Wrote:  

So in theory....Technically, with some of the attachments we can now permanently buy better parts than those we'd already PAID FOR.

?????

[Image: j2we.png]
03-02-2012, 06:09 PM | Post: #18
Offline GarTZilla 
You guys are honestly happy with the update? Really? I swear it's like battered wife syndrome in this community. You guys just keep coming back for more.

"Yay! I get the opportunity to Perma buy my gun. Again! Yay!"

Fool me once, Shame on you. Fool Me Twice. Shame on... You guys are morons.

So what? I'm supposed to be happy that I can rebuy my gun again? My god... No wonder SlEAsy gets away with stuff like the Dec 20th update. It's barely been 6 weeks. EAsy loves People with Goldfish memories and money...

I'm never putting money into this broken game again.

rawr.
[Image: bUUza.png]

GarTZilla | GZiLLa | DocZiLLa | xX-Gojira-Xx
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 06:25 PM by GarTZilla.)
03-02-2012, 06:12 PM | Post: #19
Offline [HB]Akanto 
(03-02-2012 05:25 PM)-=OG=-Vercetti Wrote:  Halleluyah!

+3

[Image: 9iu6zq8c.png]

03-02-2012, 06:13 PM | Post: #20
Offline Catcherko 
(03-02-2012 06:09 PM)GarTZilla Wrote:  You guys are honestly happy with the update? Really? I swear it's like battered wife syndrome in this community. You guys just keep coming back for more.

"Yay! I get the opportunity to Perma buy my gun. Again! Yay!"

At first I had the same reaction, but then I saw that it's permanent for all weapons. So you buy attachments once and purchase weapons with credits.

[Image: ec6519b82e3a00df6857a8d3afe28352.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 06:13 PM by Catcherko.)