Hello There, Guest!

23-01-2012, 03:30 AM | Post: #221
Offline Artez. 
this is awsome! i know this is just a free game but could they make just a few more maps please!!!!!!
23-01-2012, 04:43 PM | Post: #222
Offline xXikillyouXx 
its niceCool
23-01-2012, 05:26 PM | Post: #223
Offline DerpBomb 
Basra... *My Eyes Are Bleeding*

Whenever I'm in the staircase section of B I can see essentially nothing of my surroundings, It's all white D: (Even with contrast at max)
23-01-2012, 05:29 PM | Post: #224
Offline Geiselnator 
lol Dehner
23-01-2012, 07:39 PM | Post: #225
Offline killyou1l 
het is het nieuwe is mooier maar ik heb een vraag wrm is het op de leptop niet egt en op de computer wel egt
24-01-2012, 07:45 AM | Post: #226
Offline Capt_Dharmahp 
lol bugs at flags a in oman
24-01-2012, 12:10 PM | Post: #227
Offline health.machine 
we need destruction and more ammo + we need bigger maps! use battlefield bad company 2 maps Big Grin and destruction and mayebe operation firestorm + acog sights! and slightly better graphics! itl make this game the new era of battlefield it could be the only 1 and it could be a good success!
24-01-2012, 04:17 PM | Post: #228
Offline [surrogate] 
(20-01-2012 05:34 PM).Dracula Wrote:  Man, this update is a downgrade for players who use low or super low setting, that's the problem Wink

I can see your point (high visibility, if you excuse the lame joke Wink ) but I've been aiming at a different issue:

Almost everyone should be able to run this game on medium if his or her PC is a child of the third millennium, so there is absolutely no need to even think about low settings.

I assume that most of those playing on low (or super low, mother of christ) settings are probably doing so because they hope for advantages (no grass, no fog or particles, etc.) and thus I completely welcome the reduced range provided by low settings. If you choose to cheat or to glitch or whatever you like to call it, it is fair enough that you have to live with the consequences that come with it... Wink

[Image: surro5b.gif]
24-01-2012, 06:54 PM | Post: #229
Offline vinne110 
Cool o mi good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
24-01-2012, 10:22 PM | Post: #230
Offline Lttlemoi 
some maps are just too overbright on my computer, might be my crappy graphics [/align]card
25-01-2012, 11:35 PM | Post: #231
Offline Dipyrone 
Wonderfull, excellent paint work !!
Congrats ! Wink

Return to original Battlefield spirit of fight.
26-01-2012, 12:37 AM | Post: #232
Offline johnwild 
http://kiagamers.ucoz.com/join now
26-01-2012, 04:40 AM | Post: #233
Offline stevenkeene 
:@theres a guy tat keep kiking me out 3 times out of 3 , aftr only 1 min im kiked out by punkbuster , ea its bad for your other costummers , do something about it!!!!ExclamationExclamationAngry
4 out of 4 now really a pain in my ass
(This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 04:43 AM by stevenkeene.)
26-01-2012, 04:46 AM | Post: #234
Offline stevenkeene 
punkbuster please talk with me . wtf is your fkn probleme
26-01-2012, 12:30 PM | Post: #235
Offline St0mpy 
Fact is, blue is the worst colour for the human eye to look into.

"It's well known that ultraviolet or UV light, which we can't see, can damage both skin and eye cells. But vision researchers are uncovering links between disease and some light that we can see.

Now there's more evidence that blue light (400 – 500nm) can damage our eyes, with people who have had cataracts removed being particularly vulnerable."

"the most important damage from blue light involves pigments that accumulate only in the retina cells. "There have to be molecules in the cell that… are able to very efficiently absorb wavelengths in the blue region," she explains. "And this pigment, we now know, is able to initiate phototoxic reactions, that is it can absorb light and initiate reactions in the cell that are damaging."

from http://www.sciencentral.com/articles/vie...=218392616

"In fact, blue light causes greater eyestrain and fatigue than other colors. It is harder for the eye to focus and causes greater glare and dazzle effects. It can also interfere with our internal body clocks, disrupting sleep patterns. Some researchers believe that even very low levels of blue light during sleep might weaken the immune system and have serious negative implications for health."

"The modern human eye evolved to see fine detail primarily with green or red light. In fact, because we are poor at distinguishing sharp detail in blue, our eyes don't really try. The most sensitive spot on the retina, the fovea centralis, has no blue light-detecting cones. That's right: we're all color blind in the most sensitive part of our eyes."

from http://texyt.com/bright+blue+leds+annoya...alth+risks
26-01-2012, 05:30 PM | Post: #236
Offline AtomicBaboon  Go to next Official Response...
Hi everyone!

Today's release also included fixes for a number of visual bugs (including the crazy brightness on low and superlow) as well as an adjustment to the lighting on Oman and another round of tweaks to Dalian (including pushing back where the fog starts so it's colour doesn't affect the map quite so much).

Enjoy Smile

Some answers to some posts:
- reducing the difference in visuals between the higher and lower settings was mainly to do with using less PostFX (only turned on on high settings) and relying on lighting and more balanced textures.

- the addition of the "shine" on objects has no impact to memory due to us finding a trick to get it working without adding any new "textures" (which take up a lot of memory)

- the fog on low settings is so the engine doesn't have to draw as much of the map at one time, making the game run faster. It's not to punish you for playing on low or superlow!

- the new lighting does result in maps having colours that are closer to white and closer to black than they did before(allowing us to take advantage of a greater colour-range and produce more detailed and dynamic imagery) , but how "bright" and "dark" they appear is dependent on your monitor, how it's calibrated and the lighting conditions around it. I do agree that we should add a “gamma” adjustment in the video settings to allow people to customize the overall “brightness” of the game to their own monitor; I'll add that to our backlog.

-AB
26-01-2012, 11:37 PM | Post: #237
Offline Strac.CRO 
Oman version 3: I don't like it.
I don't like new lighting in OMAN map, it feels too dark, like it's really early morning-dusk (but sun is already up) or late dawn.
Also sky is now too pale-blue which is not good.

Oman version 1 was great:
late afternoon - sunset, orange sky and strong sun, overall orange desert

Oman version 2 was great too:
cool morning with clear blue sky, yellow morning sun,green palms and yellow sand, only the lighting was too strong and needed reduction by maybe 10 percent. However I still liked new yellow lighting on Oman.

[Image: journeyv.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 11:43 PM by Strac.CRO.)
27-01-2012, 02:44 AM | Post: #238
Offline armysniper66 
will karkand look better on super low and low because thats all i can play onHuh
27-01-2012, 02:47 AM | Post: #239
Offline armysniper66 
(24-01-2012 04:17 PM)[surrogate] Wrote:  
(20-01-2012 05:34 PM).Dracula Wrote:  Man, this update is a downgrade for players who use low or super low setting, that's the problem Wink

I can see your point (high visibility, if you excuse the lame joke Wink ) but I've been aiming at a different issue:

Almost everyone should be able to run this game on medium if his or her PC is a child of the third millennium, so there is absolutely no need to even think about low settings.

I assume that most of those playing on low (or super low, mother of christ) settings are probably doing so because they hope for advantages (no grass, no fog or particles, etc.) and thus I completely welcome the reduced range provided by low settings. If you choose to cheat or to glitch or whatever you like to call it, it is fair enough that you have to live with the consequences that come with it... Wink
or those of us that are on super low and low can only play on these settings
27-01-2012, 08:39 AM | Post: #240
Offline BuckTester 
(26-01-2012 11:37 PM)Str1000ac Wrote:  Oman version 3: I don't like it.
I don't like new lighting in OMAN map, it feels too dark, like it's really early morning-dusk (but sun is already up) or late dawn.
Also sky is now too pale-blue which is not good.

Oman version 1 was great:
late afternoon - sunset, orange sky and strong sun, overall orange desert

Oman version 2 was great too:
cool morning with clear blue sky, yellow morning sun,green palms and yellow sand, only the lighting was too strong and needed reduction by maybe 10 percent. However I still liked new yellow lighting on Oman.

I have to agree, the new lighting on Oman has made it feel like a storm is coming or like there's heavy rain clouds about to burst down on us.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: jDk2uU]

Submit BL-ban? - Appeal BL-ban!