Hello There, Guest!

15-01-2012, 12:52 PM | Post: #1
Offline BuckTester 
Ok, the kill-cam issue has been discussed several times before and whether you like it or not, it's a part of the game. Personally, I think the kill-cam is a fun feature, at least as far as seeing who killed you. However, I do agree that it's a bit too easy to deduce from the kill-cam where your killer was and where he was going.

This is a suggestion on how to keep the kill-cam but make it a bit harder to know what your killer is up to after your death.

Why not simply take a snap-shot of your killers face-cam the instant he kills you and show it something like this:

[Image: KillCam-03.jpg]

The reduced area of the snap-shot will make it slightly harder to see where the person who killed you are and you won't be able to see where he's going if it's just one frame.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: jDk2uU]

Submit BL-ban? - Appeal BL-ban!
15-01-2012, 02:15 PM | Post: #2
Offline Strac.CRO 
sounds cool
15-01-2012, 08:17 PM | Post: #3
Offline afailedchief 
/sign
recon who USES THEIR SNIPER RIFLE could have an easier life
15-01-2012, 09:00 PM | Post: #4
Offline BuckTester 
(15-01-2012 02:15 PM)Str1000ac Wrote:  sounds cool

Thank you.

It also opens up for some potentially awesome screenshot opportunities.

15-01-2012, 10:08 PM | Post: #5
Offline Prodige 
This.. Actually makes a LOT of sense, and looks awesome too!

/sign

I like cake.

[Assault: Prodige] [Medic: Prodigee] [Recon: SargeantJohnson] [Engineer: RocketsGalore]
15-01-2012, 10:48 PM | Post: #6
Offline Cloud90PL 
first of all: there never was something like kill cam in this game, it is something more like "ow look where that guy who killed you is going!" thing.
second: /sign

[Image: cloudfpssig.jpg]

why do I even care.......
16-01-2012, 08:31 AM | Post: #7
Offline ShadeyTex2.1 
/sign Zoom to the face and snap! TF2 has that kinda stuff and I like it!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFyV9dYoj6HJSAVZVeInT...YnWtWGv9Kg]
I got all types of ammo.
16-01-2012, 10:04 AM | Post: #8
Offline CropedFrag 
I had another idea, and it's probably more light and simple to implement.

The killcam is still important to snuff out campers Smile but for campers, I don't think it needs to be focused on the killer the whole 10 seconds until we respawn. It's also pretty annoying knowing that despite how much you move after you kill an enemy, he will always have a strong chance bo be able to chase you off when he respawns, after all, not only he see's you the whole time until he respawns, but also the killer's name will be displayed for a small time after respawn, givving him feedback of the killer's position, even after respawn.

This could be solved by simply showing the killer's killcam for only 2/3 seconds, and then switch back to the dead corpse for the rest of the 5/6 seconds.
It would be something like:

-After death: 2 seconds for dying animation;
-Then: 3 seconds for killcam;
-Finally: the last 5 seconds from the dead corpse perspective (cool to watch a medic trying to revive you Big Grin, or the rest of your squad getting slaughtered Smile);
-10 seconds total.

This solution would not be that convenient at all for recons though. I mean, the bullet trail already gives them a hard time. No wonder Assault units could chase them off so EAsly. The ARs accuracy was not the only problem. So, zooming on the face like ShadyTex said, or somehow reducing the area of the killcam like buck suggests would also help.

In anycase, the killcam needs to change a bit, to stop showing enemy location totally until the end, or completely.
/Sign
(This post was last modified: 16-01-2012 10:13 AM by CropedFrag.)
16-01-2012, 11:42 AM | Post: #9
Offline Gotcha2 
Could be possible.....
Beware campers Tongue

Stopped playing Tiered of been treated as garbage not as costumerAngry
User Group (un)Registered
Registration Date 15-06-2011, 03:21 PM End Date: 03-06-2014, 06:17 PM
17-01-2012, 11:08 PM | Post: #10
Offline BuckTester 
The main issue as I see it is that the kill-cam is currently following the killer around too long.

17-01-2012, 11:20 PM | Post: #11
Offline RagedDrew 
What the... Leave the kill cam as it is, if you guys can't handle the dude you've just killed coming after you, go play something else or don't be so predicable, head in the opposite direction then change direction again after 10 seconds, it's not that hard.

It's time you lot manned up and grew a pair.

[Image: 3eab6846.png]
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2012 02:45 PM by RagedDrew.)
18-01-2012, 05:58 AM | Post: #12
Offline Dimitripetrenko1 
Actually what i was thinking is doing a rewind of how the enemy killed u.

[Image: images2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 15-02-2012 10:06 PM by Dimitripetrenko1.)
18-01-2012, 06:57 AM | Post: #13
Offline =GammaEagle= 
Absolutely yes. Something we need. We don't just want this, we need it. It's beneficials overpower any negative influence caused by it, automatically rendering it a good idea. /Sign
18-01-2012, 02:57 PM | Post: #14
Offline Gotcha2 
(18-01-2012 05:58 AM)Dimitripetrenko1 Wrote:  Actually what i was thinking is doing a rewind of how the enemy killed u.

HuHU xD

Stopped playing Tiered of been treated as garbage not as costumerAngry
User Group (un)Registered
Registration Date 15-06-2011, 03:21 PM End Date: 03-06-2014, 06:17 PM
20-01-2012, 04:08 PM | Post: #15
Offline SScham 
never bothered me but i'm convincable :D
/sign

and make the respawn time ALWAYS 5 OR 10 seconds, even after suicide. i hate when i press the leave battle instead of suicide when i want to respawn faster :D

[Image: bf3.png]
20-01-2012, 05:47 PM | Post: #16
Offline Georgievski 
Dont really care about the kill cam, dont encounter it too often.

Moderator HomeSen edit:
Max. size for the full signature can not exceed 250 pixels in height and/or 900 pixels in width. This includes images, text, quotes and links. Maximum combined size may not exceed 500KB. Please read the FORUM RULES before posting a new one.

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files...alid-2.jpg
20-01-2012, 06:46 PM | Post: #17
Offline Kyrrae 
/sign since i am a recon this really helps me =)
20-01-2012, 08:51 PM | Post: #18
Offline Lumikola 
/sign, nice

[Image: 5]
21-01-2012, 12:49 PM | Post: #19
Offline SNIPER-TRAFER 
/sign

[Image: 17byxj.png]
21-01-2012, 06:55 PM | Post: #20
Offline ShureSh0t 
What's the use of tea-bagging a guy if he doesn't see it?

I like how it is now, since you get the chance to see a bit of other players playstyle. Since it's the same for everyone, no one gets an unfair advantage out of it.

Also, you can easily fool the guy you just killed by tricking him: just turn around after 10 seconds and take another route.

All you need to do is take the killcam into account when you're playing, turn that disadvantage into an advantage, use tactics: do not stay in the same spot, and don't take a predictable route.

This feature actually forces players to think and strategize, and you want to remove it?