Hello There, Guest!

07-12-2011, 11:22 PM | Post: #141
Offline Jarek2 
(07-12-2011 09:13 AM)HomeSen Wrote:  
(07-12-2011 03:50 AM)Jarek2 Wrote:  help me HomeSen! I've tried everything and I am still stuck with that loading screen Sad

The problem is, I can't find anything else that might cause the issue. That the loading screen now looks different (winter-theme instead of the original one that's shown in my first post) is because they changed it, when they also introduced the new background for the website Wink

Just a few other things I could think of:
  • Create a new user account under Windows, and try if the game works. If it does, then there is an issue with your Windows account's settings (maybe some setting in InternetExplorer).
  • Create a new user account on this website, and check whether the game works with it. If it does, contact Billing Support and ask them to take a look into the issue.
  • Try resetting IE. WARNING: This will delete all saved passwords and bookmarks Wink
    1. Open InternetExplorer
    2. Go to Tools->InternetSettings
    3. Switch to the "Advanced" tab
    4. Click the "Reset..." button
    5. Activate the "Delete personal settings" option
    6. Click the "Reset" button
    7. Close IE and start it again

tried everything in that list, still no go......Sad
08-12-2011, 04:55 PM | Post: #142
Offline Polander 
FYI, great thread. had this problem for a few days on a new install. Finally nailed down my problems cause. Free AVG. Just uninstalled it for a test and black screen went away right into the game. Woot, and thanks. Good luck as this is very frustrating. Going back to avast for my antivirus.
08-12-2011, 05:26 PM | Post: #143
Offline HomeSen 
(08-12-2011 04:55 PM)Polander Wrote:  FYI, great thread. had this problem for a few days on a new install. Finally nailed down my problems cause. Free AVG. Just uninstalled it for a test and black screen went away right into the game. Woot, and thanks. Good luck as this is very frustrating. Going back to avast for my antivirus.

You could "whitelist" the BFP4F.exe in AVG Wink
Though I have to say that I'm pretty satisfied with AVast + Comodo (with a tweaked configuration) Wink

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

10-12-2011, 04:41 PM | Post: #144
Offline Tuga 
Was my issue less important than others'? You skipped over my post and didn't even address it.
10-12-2011, 06:54 PM | Post: #145
Offline Jarek2 
(10-12-2011 04:41 PM)Tuga Wrote:  Was my issue less important than others'? You skipped over my post and didn't even address it.

This issue is solved under another thread I believe. This thread is about the endless title screen loading.
11-12-2011, 03:00 AM | Post: #146
Offline Tuga 
(10-12-2011 06:54 PM)Jarek2 Wrote:  
(10-12-2011 04:41 PM)Tuga Wrote:  Was my issue less important than others'? You skipped over my post and didn't even address it.

This issue is solved under another thread I believe. This thread is about the endless title screen loading.
Fair enough. I looked around and didn't find it. Thanks for letting me know. I'll try again.

How long did it take you to let me know? Maybe someone could have said something earlier. Crappy attitude, that's all.
11-12-2011, 01:24 PM | Post: #147
Offline Heista 
Please help! Sad I have everything going well until one day I wanted to play and the Battlefield Play4free takes eternity to load. please refer to the attached picture. I have tried all the fix suggestion that I can find and it still won't work. Sad

[Image: bfp4freescreenshot.jpg]

It just keeps on loading... T_T

Attached File(s)
.txt  Heista hijackthis.txt (Size: 17.14 KB / Downloads: 8)
.txt  Heista DxDiag.txt (Size: 31.98 KB / Downloads: 10)

11-12-2011, 04:11 PM | Post: #148
Offline YouJusGotSniped 

.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 41.46 KB / Downloads: 44)
.log  hijackthis.log (Size: 16.47 KB / Downloads: 18) Still Can't......Sad
11-12-2011, 08:13 PM | Post: #149
Offline HomeSen 
(11-12-2011 01:24 PM)Heista Wrote:  Please help! Sad I have everything going well until one day I wanted to play and the Battlefield Play4free takes eternity to load. please refer to the attached picture. I have tried all the fix suggestion that I can find and it still won't work. Sad

It just keeps on loading... T_T

Please close/disable BitTorrent and BitTorrent-DNA, as well as the RelevantKnowledge service.
Maybe also try closing/disabling Winstep Xtreme.

Do you use a direct connection to the internet or are you using a router? I can see from you HiJackThis.log that you are using fixed DNS servers. Could you please try setting your network connection to use "Dynamic Nameservers":
  1. Go to ControlPanel->Network- and Share-Center
  2. Click on "Change Interface settings" on the left side
  3. Find your current "main interface" (the one that is connected to your router/modem)
  4. Right-click on it and select Properties
  5. Inside the list of network services, double-click on "Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)"
  6. Activate the "Automatically determine the DNS-server address"
  7. Close all the windows/dialogs by pressing OK

(11-12-2011 04:11 PM)YouJusGotSniped Wrote:  Still Can't......Sad

Please install ServicePack 1 for Windows 7, as well as all other updates that WindowsUpdate find (especially InternetExplorer 9).

Additionally, please try disabling EgisTec IPS and \EgisTec MyWinLocker.
Also, try temporarily disabling AVast, since it might block the communication of the game, too.

Last, but not least, please update your video driver: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...-32.aspx#2

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

11-12-2011, 11:39 PM | Post: #150
Offline Jarek2 
is there anything else that I could possibly do to fix this HomeSen? I have tried everything now
12-12-2011, 07:06 AM | Post: #151
Offline Heista 
Still the same T_T

Quote:HomeSen Wrote:
Please close/disable BitTorrent and BitTorrent-DNA, as well as the RelevantKnowledge service.
Maybe also try closing/disabling Winstep Xtreme.

Do you use a direct connection to the internet or are you using a router? I can see from you HiJackThis.log that you are using fixed DNS servers. Could you please try setting your network connection to use "Dynamic Nameservers":
Go to ControlPanel->Network- and Share-Center
Click on "Change Interface settings" on the left side
Find your current "main interface" (the one that is connected to your router/modem)
Right-click on it and select Properties
Inside the list of network services, double-click on "Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)"
Activate the "Automatically determine the DNS-server address"
Close all the windows/dialogs by pressing OK

I checked that and "Automatically determine the DNS-server address" is already checked. I never had a problem with my mobile broadband internet connection. I didn't make any changes with my Adapter settings prior to my Eternal Loading Issue.

If I reinstall my OS and install Battlefield again, will that work? Is there any other things to check?

*my internet connection is a mobile broadband.
*attaching all steps taken and latest hijackthis.log

Attached File(s)
.txt  Heista Steps taken so far.txt (Size: 1.95 KB / Downloads: 12)
.txt  Heista DxDiag.txt (Size: 31.98 KB / Downloads: 7)
.txt  Heista hijackthis.txt (Size: 16.43 KB / Downloads: 4)

12-12-2011, 09:13 AM | Post: #152
Offline HomeSen 
(11-12-2011 11:39 PM)Jarek2 Wrote:  is there anything else that I could possibly do to fix this HomeSen? I have tried everything now

The only other thing (which I hate suggesting) would be creating a backup of your system, and trying to reinstall Windows and the game, again.

(12-12-2011 07:06 AM)Heista Wrote:  I checked that and "Automatically determine the DNS-server address" is already checked. I never had a problem with my mobile broadband internet connection. I didn't make any changes with my Adapter settings prior to my Eternal Loading Issue.

Okay, so most probably the "connectivity software" assigns them, then. I thought it was just weird that HiJackThis showed static DNS-servers Wink

(12-12-2011 07:06 AM)Heista Wrote:  If I reinstall my OS and install Battlefield again, will that work? Is there any other things to check?

Reinstalling Windows might help out with this issue. But I can't guarantee that. And to be honest, I hate suggesting this, since it's the typical "Windows approach" that Microsoft educated to its customers: "If something doesn't work, stop searching for a cause and just reinstall Windows." Angry

Regarding the "questions" in your one text-file:
> Should I Delete the 127.0.0.1 localhost ?
Nope. localhost is the only entry that should be in there (though it already is commented out, as it is the case on most computers Wink )

> But I don't get what you mean, "Response by" should NOT be 127.0.0.1
> I don't see any 127.0.0.1 address on my ping test.
The IP address 127.0.0.1 is also known as localhost, and describes your machine. Generally, if any of the responses were from that address, it would indicate that there is still something (besides the hosts) "manipulating" the host name resolution process (getting the IP address for a specific hostname, like e.g. google.com).

Did you also try resetting InternetExplorer's settings? The game its-self uses some controls and settings from IE (even if you start the game with another browser).

12-12-2011, 01:54 PM | Post: #153
Offline Heista 
(12-12-2011 09:13 AM)HomeSen Wrote:  

(12-12-2011 07:06 AM)Heista Wrote:  I checked that and "Automatically determine the DNS-server address" is already checked. I never had a problem with my mobile broadband internet connection. I didn't make any changes with my Adapter settings prior to my Eternal Loading Issue.

Okay, so most probably the "connectivity software" assigns them, then. I thought it was just weird that HiJackThis showed static DNS-servers Wink

(12-12-2011 07:06 AM)Heista Wrote:  If I reinstall my OS and install Battlefield again, will that work? Is there any other things to check?

Reinstalling Windows might help out with this issue. But I can't guarantee that. And to be honest, I hate suggesting this, since it's the typical "Windows approach" that Microsoft educated to its customers: "If something doesn't work, stop searching for a cause and just reinstall Windows." Angry

Regarding the "questions" in your one text-file:
> Should I Delete the 127.0.0.1 localhost ?
Nope. localhost is the only entry that should be in there (though it already is commented out, as it is the case on most computers Wink )

> But I don't get what you mean, "Response by" should NOT be 127.0.0.1
> I don't see any 127.0.0.1 address on my ping test.
The IP address 127.0.0.1 is also known as localhost, and describes your machine. Generally, if any of the responses were from that address, it would indicate that there is still something (besides the hosts) "manipulating" the host name resolution process (getting the IP address for a specific hostname, like e.g. google.com).

Did you also try resetting InternetExplorer's settings? The game its-self uses some controls and settings from IE (even if you start the game with another browser).

Done that as well couple of times. I actually ran through all of your Help Tips again but to no avail. Hence I'm going to reinstall my OS. It's a lot of hassle. And like you said this not the right way of fixing the issue. We call it "SHOTGUN" Approach in our maintenance department. It's gonna hit surely. But we wouldn't know where it hit. I'll update you soon. Thank a lot for the help. And Merry Christmas! ^_^
12-12-2011, 06:31 PM | Post: #154
Offline YouJusGotSniped 
Still can't get mine to work after all the advices given and tried. I've even reinstalled my OS... It's time that maybe you HomeSen can change the way how the game would start or other workarounds.....
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 41.16 KB / Downloads: 45)
.log  hijackthis.log (Size: 11.52 KB / Downloads: 14)
12-12-2011, 06:40 PM | Post: #155
Offline HomeSen 
I can't change anything, since I'm not employed by Easy. I am just a normal player with some special privileges on the forums (aka. I'm a forum moderator Wink )

I see that you haven't installed all updates for Windows, yet (especially ServicePack 1 is missing).

13-12-2011, 05:16 PM | Post: #156
Offline CFghost 
i found a way of solving the endless loading but it will need two computers.

1. install battlefield play4free in another computer
2. start the game and see if it works on that computer
3. if it does go to:Documents\Battlefield Play4Free\WebCache and copy everything inside.
4. paste the files in a thumbdrive.
5. transfer the file you copied from the other computer to your own computer's: Documents\Battlefield Play4Free\WebCache folder.
6. start and test the game.

i hope it works for some people.Angel

13-12-2011, 08:14 PM | Post: #157
Offline HomeSen 
Wow, that's a weird workaround. But thanks for sharing, I'll add it to the list.

14-12-2011, 12:26 PM | Post: #158
Offline YouJusGotSniped 
(13-12-2011 05:16 PM)CFghost Wrote:  i found a way of solving the endless loading but it will need two computers.

3. if it does go to:Documents\Battlefield Play4Free\WebCache and copy everything inside.
5. transfer the file you copied from the other computer to your own computer's: Documents\Battlefield Play4Free\WebCache folder.

Could you upload your working WebCache folder? Could try your method.
14-12-2011, 05:39 PM | Post: #159
Offline CFghost 
(14-12-2011 12:26 PM)YouJusGotSniped Wrote:  
(13-12-2011 05:16 PM)CFghost Wrote:  i found a way of solving the endless loading but it will need two computers.

Could you upload your working WebCache folder? Could try your method.

for the sake of not getting hacked. noTongue. (sorry)

15-12-2011, 09:38 AM | Post: #160
Offline HomeSen 
(14-12-2011 05:39 PM)CFghost Wrote:  
(14-12-2011 12:26 PM)YouJusGotSniped Wrote:  Could you upload your working WebCache folder? Could try your method.

for the sake of not getting hacked. noTongue. (sorry)

Correct answer Wink
The problem with other players' cache folders is, that they also contain the session cookies. Thus, you might end up logging in with your account on the website, but using a completely different account in the game client. Which shouldn't happen, since it would indicate a bad security design Wink

Yet still, a malicious user could use these cookies to get into your account and (with some knowledge and effort) take total control of it (incl. changing email address and password).