Hello There, Guest!

18-10-2011, 05:16 AM | Post: #21
Offline RIC0H 
(18-10-2011 02:03 AM)lexmy Wrote:  where do i go i cant find it

Documents\Battlefield Play4Free\mods\main\cache

look for a folder called Battlefield Play4Free in your documents.

18-10-2011, 04:24 PM | Post: #22
Offline Allmega 
Hey there no such path i cant find it
18-10-2011, 04:28 PM | Post: #23
Offline Allmega 
I can not find the cache could some make vid for this and send me the link
18-10-2011, 04:41 PM | Post: #24
Offline HomeSen 
It should be under "My Documents" Wink

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

21-10-2011, 04:52 PM | Post: #25
Offline Empath 
Well, I've been having this problem fort a while, sometimes it desapeared and then it came back. I am almost quiting this game for that useless PB.

I have updated it, I gave him acces through all firewalls. I attach my log.

Thank for your help

Attached File(s)
.log  pbcl.log (Size: 291.59 KB / Downloads: 48)

30-10-2011, 08:13 AM | Post: #26
Offline Guitarded 
I am also getting the "Restriction:service failure pnkbstrb.exe heartbeats stopped" and deleting the cache didn't solve the problem for me. Are there any other fixes to try?
30-10-2011, 01:55 PM | Post: #27
Offline HomeSen 
Try completely uninstalling the game and PunkBuster through ControlPanel->Add/Remove Programs. Afterwards restart your PC and install the game again (PB will be installed automatically, then).

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

04-11-2011, 07:22 PM | Post: #28
Offline Gizm0 
After recently formatting my laptop I continuously get the PnkbstrB.exe heartbeat stopped error, whether its after 30 seconds of playing or after 10minutes, and its gotten to a stage where its is incredibly frustrating.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Battlefield with administrative rights numerous times, ran the manual update numerous times, reinstalled pb using the pbsvc_p4f.exe, ran the pbsetup.exe to update punkbuster numerous times.
Added punkbuster to my firewall exceptions even the PnkbstrB.exe located in C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb. Even selected compatibility mode and run as administrator on the two PnkbstrA.exe and PnkbstrB.exe located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 all with no success.

Dont know what else is left to try and have come to a stage where im nearly pulling out my fricking hair, so any help on this most irritating matter would bevery much appreciated. Included is my dxdiag and what I believe to be my pb logs and hijackthis log.

EDIT: By raising the priority of PnkbstrB.exe I seem to buy myself a couple of minutes of extra game time but the downside being my fps drops to about 5 or 10 anytime I see an enemy and thats making shooting hopeless. Theyre are very few little things in life that can grind my gears but Bu%#$@it like this just drives me up the wall.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 43.54 KB / Downloads: 20)
.log  pbcl.log (Size: 1.22 KB / Downloads: 27)
.log  hijackthis.log (Size: 7.72 KB / Downloads: 22)

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 05:58 AM by Gizm0.)
10-11-2011, 07:17 AM | Post: #29
Offline SkullRunes 
Hi guys,

I've been playing this game for a while and out of no where today I can't play it because of punkbuster.

I can load the game up fine but once I join a server I'm only in for less then 5 mins before I'm kicked by punkbuster.

I've been reading through the post people have made about it but my problem is a bit different, I deleting the cache, I've tried updating punkbuster and un-installing and re-installing, I ran the test of punkbuster and it says that it is running without any errors but I still can't stay in the game.

I reviewed my logs and it says a lot of "O/S Exception Notice" then followed by message saying "Violation (IGNORING QUERIES) #9006", attached is the log for today and yesturday I couldn't send the full log as the size was too big.

Last night it was fine I shutdown my computer, I think it made a windows update, I went to bed and when I wanted to play today I turned on the computer, loaded up the game, joined a server and 2mins later was kicked from punkbuster.

So the only made was the windows update so I thought it might have been that at first but I also read that it was a solution to fix some punkbuster problems so I guess it's not that, also the fact that my girlfriend who I always play this game with also had a windows update last night and her game is still working fine today.

Anyway hope I can get this resolved soon as I got a 1day primary weapon booster for my Recon cause I wanted to see how good it's to use my VSS and M95 at same time, I'm going to try some other stuff I guess or I could always do my studing with my spare time without the game.

Attached File(s)
.txt  PunkBusterLog.txt (Size: 185.33 KB / Downloads: 23)

10-11-2011, 08:44 AM | Post: #30
Offline HomeSen 
Have you already tried this: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...#pid547570
and this: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...#pid548507 ?

Maybe also try manually updating PunkBuster: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

10-11-2011, 11:15 AM | Post: #31
Offline SkullRunes 
So I've pretty much spent the whole day trying things and just before I managed to get on and play for about 20 mins before I had to leave to eat dinner but since punkbuster normally only waits about 5min before kicking me, I'm taking this to mean that something has worked.

I guess it may still be a bit earily to call it for sure tho, like wonder what will happen after I shut down computer tonight and then try to play again tommorrow.

Anyway thx for the support, hope everyones problems are fixed soon like mine, try the full uninstall restarting computer and reinstalling of punkbuster because I feel that was the main one for me.

10-11-2011, 02:57 PM | Post: #32
Offline Gizm0 
I managed to solve my PnkbstrB.exe heartbeat error.
I have Tune Up Utilities installed and one of the feature of Tune Up called Live Optimization regulates program response rates, which assigns priority levels to programs running on your pc. So everytime I was playing Battlefield, the Live Optimization changed the priority of PnkbstrB.exe because it thought that it was a background service which resulted in the service failing after X minutes of gameplay.
So for any persons which seem to have this error and have Tune Up Utilities installed or a similar like program turn of this function ( 'Increase response rate' ) and enjoy flawless gameplay once again.
The 'speed up the start up of my programs' function can be left on.
I also reinstalled the punkbuster services (which I had done numerous times already) using the recommended method above to remove any property changes which Tune Up Utilities might have made and rebooted my machine. Hope this fix helps as this seems to be a common problem with Punkbuster 'protected' games such as BC2, COD4 and BF Heroes.
13-11-2011, 06:26 AM | Post: #33
Offline BeatTheDeviL 
Ok , Yes the solution is 2 steps:

1> Delete cache folder :
%%Documents\Battlefield Play4Free\mods\main\cache

2> Clean Up PC :
- Dust cakes inside ?? Puff!!puff!!
- Disk Cleanup
- Defrag your Main partition on harddisk

--------
If still doesnt solve , try lowering the resolution. It indicates that your PC is getting Old and isnt capable enough to handle the load.
Still open For more solutions.

[Image: fe97c0d7bce0dbc70d160342a0672e6d.gif]
13-11-2011, 09:32 AM | Post: #34
Offline ketaq 
how can my ping so high???309...anyone pls help...what should i do
16-11-2011, 02:38 AM | Post: #35
Offline LuvRedtube 
help... im getting this same problem! and not on all the servers... i can play only like 2 or 3 ! but on the other i cant play at all because of this problem..
this is my log files! but i cant find anything important there.. >->

[11.12.2011 04:15:35] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.12.2011 04:25:52] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.12.2011 04:35:29] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.12.2011 04:41:32] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.12.2011 20:14:11] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.12.2011 21:09:10] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.13.2011 09:08:02] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.13.2011 09:39:00] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.13.2011 18:07:22] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.13.2011 18:14:21] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.13.2011 19:48:58] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.13.2011 20:29:35] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.13.2011 20:40:05] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.13.2011 20:50:30] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.14.2011 17:10:44] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.14.2011 17:33:19] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.15.2011 17:14:33] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.15.2011 18:03:15] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.15.2011 18:26:52] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.15.2011 18:34:17] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.15.2011 18:54:01] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.15.2011 19:21:29] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
[11.15.2011 19:26:28] Changing PunkBuster homepath to [C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\]
16-11-2011, 05:48 PM | Post: #36
Offline HomeSen 
(16-11-2011 02:38 AM)LuvRedtube Wrote:  help... im getting this same problem! and not on all the servers... i can play only like 2 or 3 ! but on the other i cant play at all because of this problem..
this is my log files! but i cant find anything important there.. >->

Please attach the pbcl.log that is located here:
Code:
C:\Users\Kafati\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb

01-12-2011, 11:33 PM | Post: #37
Offline flightrulez 
(28-08-2011 11:18 AM)HomeSen Wrote:  
(28-08-2011 02:23 AM)Visteus Wrote:  Just found a fix.
I went to "C:\Users\Computer\Documents\Battlefield Play4Free\mods\main\cache" and deleted everything there,and it runs fine now.

Good to know that this also solves PunkBuster problems. Though I don't understand how the shader cache could affect PunkBuster Dodgy But I'll take a mental note, so I can suggest it to others with the same problem.
Thanks for sharing Smile

I cant find the cache...
I am on Windows 7, have it installed in Program file (x86)...
02-12-2011, 11:33 AM | Post: #38
Offline HomeSen 
(01-12-2011 11:33 PM)flightrulez Wrote:  
(28-08-2011 11:18 AM)HomeSen Wrote:  
(28-08-2011 02:23 AM)Visteus Wrote:  Just found a fix.
I went to "C:\Users\Computer\Documents\Battlefield Play4Free\mods\main\cache" and deleted everything there,and it runs fine now.

Good to know that this also solves PunkBuster problems. Though I don't understand how the shader cache could affect PunkBuster Dodgy But I'll take a mental note, so I can suggest it to others with the same problem.
Thanks for sharing Smile

I cant find the cache...
I am on Windows 7, have it installed in Program file (x86)...

The cache folder is NOT located inside the game folder, but inside MyDocuments Wink

04-12-2011, 12:16 AM | Post: #39
Offline flightrulez 
(02-12-2011 11:33 AM)HomeSen Wrote:  The cache folder is NOT located inside the game folder, but inside MyDocuments Wink

OK, so I deleted everything in the Cache folder, but files keep showing up, I keep deleting them, BTW, when I delete them, it never stops the problem, see When I enter a server, about 2 minutes in I get the heartbeat stopped message, also I can play in some servers, but I can only play in about 1 in every 13 servers Sad
Help?
04-12-2011, 12:21 AM | Post: #40
Offline PB_General 
(13-11-2011 06:26 AM)BeatTheDeviL Wrote:  Ok , Yes the solution is 2 steps:

1> Delete cache folder :
%%Documents\Battlefield Play4Free\mods\main\cache

2> Clean Up PC :
- Dust cakes inside ?? Puff!!puff!!
- Disk Cleanup
- Defrag your Main partition on harddisk

--------
If still doesnt solve , try lowering the resolution. It indicates that your PC is getting Old and isnt capable enough to handle the load.
Still open For more solutions.

im havin the same problem too & what do u mean by delete cache folder the whole thing or whats inside it?