Hello There, Guest!

17-09-2011, 08:25 AM | Post: #1
Offline Strac.CRO 
well I think LittleBird physics is not good, it would be better if you copy/paste physics of HUEY from BF-Vietnam, also is it even possible to land LittleBird?

[Image: journeyv.jpg]

17-09-2011, 08:33 AM | Post: #2
Offline [AUS]R(+)CKET 
agreed, i tend to explode when i try to land it.
17-09-2011, 09:05 AM | Post: #3
Offline ThiDOD 
(17-09-2011 08:33 AM)0x5b;AUS0x5d;R(+)CKET Wrote:  agreed, i tend to explode when i try to land it.

Hover is having problems with landing, it works as well.

Idk, Huey had a nice physic, but i don't think it was real

Click the Sig for Rush
17-09-2011, 11:29 AM | Post: #4
Offline BuckTester 
Why do you ever need to land the littlebird? It repairs just as fine a few meters above the helipad and if you're low enough you can pick up passengers so really no need to land it.. ..ever..

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: jDk2uU]

Submit BL-ban? - Appeal BL-ban!
18-09-2011, 06:14 PM | Post: #5
Offline Strac.CRO 
(17-09-2011 11:29 AM)BuckFutter Wrote:  Why do you ever need to land the littlebird? It repairs just as fine a few meters above the helipad and if you're low enough you can pick up passengers so really no need to land it.. ..ever..

in case of big lag you can bring littlebird to homebase and give it to someone else

18-09-2011, 07:09 PM | Post: #6
Offline KoOk13 
or simply pick someone up who asks for a ride. I only attempted it once, instant explosion even with a fairly soft landing.. does indeed need fixing.
18-09-2011, 07:18 PM | Post: #7
Offline Peoples 
Why do we need to land? Well, you see, it is very hard to hover in such a confined space as the Lil' Birds helipad, especially with the twitchy strafe-happy handling of the Lil' Bird. If they fix its ability to land, probably it could explode if you bring it down very hard, but safely land gently. Yes, Lil' Bird has issues with its handling, and the z11 is desperate for some sort of tweaking too: It is a much easier target than the Lil' Bird: Put the same low vis scheme on the z11? Lil' Bird needs to have more power, and less perky strafing.

[Image: Sig01.jpg]

/=;|=--™
(I made that)

Worried about the world ending? NASA has you covered:
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html
18-09-2011, 08:09 PM | Post: #8
Offline sirphunkee 
While it does take some practice to get it down, once you know the feel of landing it, it's possbile to land it anywhere, even places other than the helipads. However, it does take finesse, and can't be done when it's below ~150 health.

In fact, one time when I saw a LB pilot get shot out of the cockpit, the LB actually survived the landing (it was about as high as the roof of the one-story bunker at D on DV), and I was able to run over and steal it Big Grin Still had about half health left on it when I jumped in. I know they don't survive that scenario very often, but if they're low enough and start with full health, it's possible.

[Image: phunkeecoad.png]
I am a Community Moderator, not an official EA representative.
18-09-2011, 08:09 PM | Post: #9
Offline sirphunkee 
i.hate.this.bug
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2011 08:32 PM by sirphunkee.)
18-09-2011, 08:38 PM | Post: #10
Offline BHE1 
Well
never played other BF Games
is it easier or harder there
dont know, but if its easier than hell no

and it is possible to land those even with no damage at all
but i don't know a single reason why u wanna land it

[Image: showsig.php?id=7f2b666f5a46e75f247362f772e4d48f]
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2011 08:45 PM by BHE1.)
18-09-2011, 09:09 PM | Post: #11
Offline Cheezy.Badger 
(18-09-2011 08:38 PM)BHE1 Wrote:  i don't know a single reason why u wanna land it

To refuel it, D`oh!! thats the reason. Big Grin
19-09-2011, 01:22 AM | Post: #12
Offline Phragg 
Amateurs.

[Image: Phragg_sig.png]
19-09-2011, 06:25 AM | Post: #13
Offline Gassy_Basterd 
(17-09-2011 11:29 AM)BuckFutter Wrote:  Why do you ever need to land the littlebird? It repairs just as fine a few meters above the helipad and if you're low enough you can pick up passengers so really no need to land it.. ..ever..

Sometimes I want to drink a glass of water...
19-09-2011, 07:19 AM | Post: #14
Offline FattMaxx 
The little bird does handle quite differently to the other choppers, but that's its perk - nimble, strafeability etc.

No real need to land, simply hover to refuel/re-ammo/pick-up etc (tell the dude to jump and enter!)

I agree hard landings are 'explosive' but be gentle and as said you can squeeze that bird through the tightest places Wink

Oh for the water, i've seen the bird basically 'floating' on the water to gun down the boats/apcs crossing from C to B etc!

Perhaps a joystick might help you...

~soilderkill~
"EA is gonna be so surprised that there is gonna be so many people on the top 100"
[Image: battlefieldbanner3.jpg]
19-09-2011, 10:12 AM | Post: #15
Offline Silvanoshi
So, it seems that the majority of the players don't have any issue with the way it handles (I personally love it), it's just the fact that it trying to land it is like playing a very explosive form of Russian roulette.

Sounds like a bug (possibly...I need to test the landing itself, it may simply be that you're all slightly heavy handed with your landing procedure and the delicate little Little Bird simply can't take it) that needs to be addressed rather that handling that needs to be changed.

Silvanoshi
19-09-2011, 10:14 AM | Post: #16
Offline .:Camper:. 
(19-09-2011 10:12 AM)Silvanoshi Wrote:  So, it seems that the majority of the players don't have any issue with the way it handles (I personally love it), it's just the fact that it trying to land it is like playing a very explosive form of Russian roulette.

Sounds like a bug (possibly...I need to test the landing itself, it may simply be that you're all slightly heavy handed with your landing procedure and the delicate little Little Bird simply can't take it) that needs to be addressed rather that handling that needs to be changed.

Silvanoshi

russian roulette ^^ ahaha
made my day.

[Image: ?m=3]

(19-09-2011 10:12 AM)Silvanoshi Wrote:  it's just the fact that it trying to land it is like playing a very explosive form of Russian roulette.
19-09-2011, 10:28 AM | Post: #17
Offline BuckTester 
(18-09-2011 07:18 PM)Peoples Wrote:  Why do we need to land? Well, you see, it is very hard to hover in such a confined space as the Lil' Birds helipad, especially with the twitchy strafe-happy handling of the Lil' Bird. If they fix its ability to land, probably it could explode if you bring it down very hard, but safely land gently.

I have no problem hovering over that helipad, you just need more practice.

(19-09-2011 06:25 AM)Gassy_Basterd Wrote:  Sometimes I want to drink a glass of water...

Then you can do either of three options;
1. Practice landing more. If you're going to go afk to do something like drinking water, chances are you have plenty of time to do it so the extra few seconds it takes to land the LB compared to landing the bigger birds is negligible.
2. Make sure you have a bottle of water nearby before getting in the game.
3. Stop hogging the heli and let someone else fly the thing.

Don't get me wrong, if they find it to be a bug and find that it's easy to fix I'm all for it.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: jDk2uU]

Submit BL-ban? - Appeal BL-ban!
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2011 10:29 AM by BuckTester.)
19-10-2011, 03:00 PM | Post: #18
Offline Ecompany101 
(18-09-2011 08:09 PM)sirphunkee Wrote:  While it does take some practice to get it down, once you know the feel of landing it, it's possbile to land it anywhere, even places other than the helipads. However, it does take finesse, and can't be done when it's below ~150 health.

In fact, one time when I saw a LB pilot get shot out of the cockpit, the LB actually survived the landing (it was about as high as the roof of the one-story bunker at D on DV), and I was able to run over and steal it Big Grin Still had about half health left on it when I jumped in. I know they don't survive that scenario very often, but if they're low enough and start with full health, it's possible.

I tried to land after taking off I was only about 4 feet up and I exploded

19-10-2011, 03:30 PM | Post: #19
Offline Ted1Mosby 
If you've got a problem with landing:
The LB lands by itself if you don't press W OR S. It's slowely going down without losing health.
I personally agree with Silvanoshi, why should someone want to land the LB?

19-10-2011, 03:33 PM | Post: #20
Offline Strac.CRO 
(19-09-2011 10:12 AM)Silvanoshi Wrote:  ...it may simply be that you're all slightly heavy handed with your landing procedure and the delicate little Little Bird simply can't take it) that needs to be addressed rather that handling that needs to be changed.
Silvanoshi

OK, I'm 35 yo, I play this for fun, haven't played games since 2005. except MotoGP2007 by THQ, but started playing again ,only BFp4f since july 2011. for good times memories or whatever, I played LOCK ON modern combat (expert like) and simulators games of any kind (motorcycles especially) were/are my favourites.
I play with WASD+arrow keys only (joystick is somewhere in the basement), and I hope you don't use mouse for flying a chopper like a real noobs do.

from my other posts:
here is more interesting question about any chopper:
are input codes (programming, coding) for flight control on joystick (or keybord, same thing) and mouse the same thing (equal)?
Can you do a barrel roll to the left/right with joystick without almost any height loss while hovering ? the same applys to other manouvers.

(This post was last modified: 19-10-2011 03:48 PM by Strac.CRO.)