Hello There, Guest!

13-07-2011, 04:01 PM | Post: #1
Offline Ghost911 
I'm sick of people camping in them, so here's my idea - these two anti aircraft gadgets should be as a trainable skill. Like 5 points should be needed to invest in that skill. 2 points for 2 rockets and rest 3 points - for reloading or range. It would actually only make sense if that was a skill, because there are skills for simple things like climbing ladders, walking and running faster, throwing nades and smoke nades, using tank coaxial gun etc.

13-07-2011, 06:23 PM | Post: #2
Offline StarStruck3 
/sign, especially since we're apparently going to need 10 points to fly either a jet or helicopter when Tier 3 comes out...the AA should get the same treatment that aircraft are getting.

[Image: O5fc2.jpg]
The Forsaken Banana
(This post was last modified: 13-07-2011 08:49 PM by StarStruck3.)
13-07-2011, 06:27 PM | Post: #3
Offline Boximus 
(13-07-2011 04:01 PM)Ghost911 Wrote:  I'm sick of people camping in them, so here's my idea - these two anti aircraft gadgets should be as a trainable skill. Like 5 points should be needed to invest in that skill. 2 points for 2 rockets and rest 3 points - for reloading or range. It would actually only make sense if that was a skill, because there are skills for simple things like climbing ladders, walking and running faster, throwing nades and smoke nades, using tank coaxial gun etc.

Seems a great idea

IGN: Boximus | Boximus2 | Boximus3
TS3 Server: 96.30.3.16:4113
13-07-2011, 06:59 PM | Post: #4
Offline Herzenslicht 
Why should camper stop camping cause of needed training?
13-07-2011, 08:20 PM | Post: #5
Offline Imashrub 
As it stands chopper and jet training is 1 point each.... so you want someone to spend 5 points to be able to shoot at them? Grenades (both kinds) are a bonus weapon so spending points to get them and make them stronger makes sense and as for tanks perhaps they should remove all ability to use vehicles unless your trained then them as well, and turn choppers and jets into a 5 point training system. 1 point for each to use and 3 to actually make them combat usable....... or perhaps they can just ignore your stupid idea and leave things as they are for now, choppers and jets still have a huge advantage over ANY other item places into the game, be happy with that.
13-07-2011, 08:47 PM | Post: #6
Offline StarStruck3 
(13-07-2011 08:20 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  As it stands chopper and jet training is 1 point each.... so you want someone to spend 5 points to be able to shoot at them? Grenades (both kinds) are a bonus weapon so spending points to get them and make them stronger makes sense and as for tanks perhaps they should remove all ability to use vehicles unless your trained then them as well, and turn choppers and jets into a 5 point training system. 1 point for each to use and 3 to actually make them combat usable....... or perhaps they can just ignore your stupid idea and leave things as they are for now, choppers and jets still have a huge advantage over ANY other item places into the game, be happy with that.

when Tier 3 was on the PTE, you needed 10 points to fly EITHER a jet or a helicopter to their full extent. if you fly both, then you need at least 20 to make them worth using...only to get shot down when you least expect it by some noob camping in the base AA.

give the AA the same treatment aircraft are getting, if pilots can't fly without making a huge dent in their training pool, then AA should be the same, AT LEAST 3 points for it's full capability, if they release T3 the way it is now.

[Image: O5fc2.jpg]
The Forsaken Banana
(This post was last modified: 13-07-2011 08:59 PM by StarStruck3.)
13-07-2011, 09:09 PM | Post: #7
Offline Kreisman 
no,i dont use yets, rarely AH. and i hate when im driving along in a hmmv and get bombed to piecesTongue
i see what u mean Big Grin but no from me.
13-07-2011, 09:20 PM | Post: #8
Offline RedSlayer07 
/sign

[Image: bfsig.png]
Redslayer07 .::GunFire::. | TankBuster07 GunFire7
13-07-2011, 09:24 PM | Post: #9
Offline [OG]Darkness 
/SIGN!! or just remove them at all!

Join the Old Guys (18+)

[Image: darkog.png]

" I beseech thee, shed thy beauty"
13-07-2011, 09:33 PM | Post: #10
Offline Phragg 
20 points to ******* fly? Yeah, I will be gone when that happens.
Are you douchebags on crack or just stupid?
I really want to know what the F was going thru your minds when you thought THAT would be a great idea.

Take your 20 points and... Well, you know what to do with it.

If you wanted this game to go to the schitter, you are definitely headed in the right direction if this information is true.

*Awaiting my 12 hour forum suspension for giving honest feedback*

Morons.

[Image: Phragg_sig.png]
13-07-2011, 09:47 PM | Post: #11
Offline Ime34 
/sign.

I hate when the other team controls all 4 points and 3 of them have AA's. ...
14-07-2011, 12:47 AM | Post: #12
Offline Zombone 
damn, someone call the whambulance
14-07-2011, 01:29 AM | Post: #13
Offline Johnysnake 
(13-07-2011 09:33 PM)Phragg Wrote:  20 points to ******* fly? Yeah, I will be gone when that happens.
Are you douchebags on crack or just stupid?
I really want to know what the F was going thru your minds when you thought THAT would be a great idea.

Take your 20 points and... Well, you know what to do with it.

If you wanted this game to go to the schitter, you are definitely headed in the right direction if this information is true.

*Awaiting my 12 hour forum suspension for giving honest feedback*

Morons.

20 points? I even think it will be a couple more points if you wanna max out everything for jet piloting. Last time i counted them, it was around 25 up to 30. But honestly i believe it is a good thing. Players who can´t fly will then take another vehicle instead. So only skilled pilots will spend points for piloting a jet. Which is a good thing, imo.

About your suspension... Well, you sound a little rude. But i´ll forgive you this time. Better wait untill T3 is finished and officialy released before you take conclusions.

On-topic:
Skill points to unlock the ability to use AA´s? Hehe, are you sure? I mean, realy sure? Wanna make it easier for uber skilled pilots to rape your team?

Well, tbh i wouldn´t mind. But i´m sure there will be a lot complains about (overpowered) jets afterwards.

/signed
(Still wanna make 100 kills in a round with a jet some day. Maybe this suggestion will help.)

14-07-2011, 07:19 AM | Post: #14
Offline Clerlic 
/signed
14-07-2011, 08:07 AM | Post: #15
Offline Imashrub 
(13-07-2011 08:47 PM)StarStruck3 Wrote:  
(13-07-2011 08:20 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  As it stands chopper and jet training is 1 point each.... so you want someone to spend 5 points to be able to shoot at them? Grenades (both kinds) are a bonus weapon so spending points to get them and make them stronger makes sense and as for tanks perhaps they should remove all ability to use vehicles unless your trained then them as well, and turn choppers and jets into a 5 point training system. 1 point for each to use and 3 to actually make them combat usable....... or perhaps they can just ignore your stupid idea and leave things as they are for now, choppers and jets still have a huge advantage over ANY other item places into the game, be happy with that.

when Tier 3 was on the PTE, you needed 10 points to fly EITHER a jet or a helicopter to their full extent. if you fly both, then you need at least 20 to make them worth using...only to get shot down when you least expect it by some noob camping in the base AA.

give the AA the same treatment aircraft are getting, if pilots can't fly without making a huge dent in their training pool, then AA should be the same, AT LEAST 3 points for it's full capability, if they release T3 the way it is now.

As Clerlic said, why make a suggestion for a possibility based on speculation. As I said "As it STANDS" there is no real need to change anything and if they do decide to put in a training for AA the first level of training would have to be at least as powerful as it is now and only get better with training.

From max distance it takes 5-6 shots to take a chopper out solo with an AA gun and while that distance is just out of chopper range by the time you reload the chopper can be in range which WILL kill you with one hit, it doesn't destroy the gun I know but that should be enough time for the pilot to either bail if required or to turn and head for repairs.

I don't know what jet and chopper skills are coming out in T3 and I don't care, until they get here they make no difference to current game play but I'm sure they will be judged based on how they work in the actual game when they arrive.
14-07-2011, 08:20 AM | Post: #16
Offline Kaloutsikos 
Ground forces are already at a huge disadvantage against aircraft.. Airplanes should be nerfed not the already nerfed buggy and full of crap AA.

EDIT: And for god sake make the 50 cals do more dmg at aircraft! 1 dmg per bullet in the jet its ridiculous..
(This post was last modified: 14-07-2011 08:25 AM by Kaloutsikos.)
14-07-2011, 10:39 AM | Post: #17
Offline K.Marcello 
Or make it so that sniper rounds can penetrate all the metal surfaces so that snipers don't need to wait for them to turn around.

[Image: Weapon%20copy%202.png]
K.Marcello                J.Power                D.Killalea
14-07-2011, 10:55 AM | Post: #18
Offline redharvest 
it'd just create campers who are even more useless for your team

[Image: SjXDZCi.png]
Signature created by a green lolicon and some marmalade
cool people add me on steam
14-07-2011, 12:38 PM | Post: #19
Offline Knorpp 
no sign!
campers at aa guns are an easy target. just shoot'em! they will learn to avoid those turrets, finally.

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=78720ae81cc2b7...aa300484d2]
(This post was last modified: 14-07-2011 03:49 PM by Knorpp.)
14-07-2011, 01:39 PM | Post: #20
Offline strangers123 
When Im in a server, enemy AA guns have a significantly shortened life expectancy. One round I think my jet was responsible for killing the same AA gun camper 12 times.

I /antisign this. If tier3 will require lots of points to fly in bomb mode then I take this as nerfing the jets. (buhuuSad) Now you ask the developers to buff the AA to give them longer range or shorter reload or allow them to spam missiles towards the carrier hoping 1 of them will lock onto an aircraft. (even if they must be obtained by trading training points for there abilities)