Hello There, Guest!

18-04-2011, 02:05 PM | Post: #1
Offline EPIC-Landon144
Do you have a question about the game, the forum or anything else? Post it here Smile
Btw: message to the newcomers:
My name is Landon and i'm quite active around here Big Grin you can always PM me (click on the PM button) for any question and I'll (try to) answer them.
18-04-2011, 02:34 PM | Post: #2
Offline [AUS]R(+)CKET 
Simple FAQ (:

MAC supported?
No. You can use bootcamp for windows compability.

How do i fly Helicopter/Jets?
Firstly, you need to be at least Level 2, if you are @Level 2 or Above, head to the Training Tab, which is located in between options Options and Boosters tab. Then under [Equipment Expertise], put a point in either Helicopter Piloting or Jet Pilot Training or both(if you have enough points.

How do i chat in Team/All?
You can do it with either pressing T or Y or Enter then followed with up or down arrow. Using the UP/DOWN arrow after type in your message to switch to the correct channel in case you made a mistake.

What does the secondary fire do in Attack Helicopter[b](yes, its a category) [b]when you're a Pilot, and Co-Pilot?

Pilot: Homing Missile when there is an enemy vehicle that is tagged(works similar to RPG), has a large splash damage and deals huge damage. Does not home-in if there is no tagged enemy vehicle.

Co-Pilot: Tags an enemy vehicle so that your teamate can home-in their RPG and your pilot can use his Homing Missile.

How do i use the grenade launcher on M16A2?
You can't.(yet?)

How do i sprint//crouch?
You can sprint by holding SHIFT while moving and crouch by holding CTRL button.

How do i get Grenade//Request Reinforcements//AT Mine//Claymore?
You need to put a point in then proceed to the Weapons tab, scroll down on My Weapons, drag and drop into the hotkey slots
18-04-2011, 02:40 PM | Post: #3
Offline Greil 
@Landon:

Thats what the whole section of Newcomers is for, to ask questions Tongue

[Image: logo.png]
18-04-2011, 04:12 PM | Post: #4
Offline Luna 
(18-04-2011 02:40 PM)Greil Wrote:  @Landon:

Thats what the whole section of Newcomers is for, to ask questions Tongue

He's just trying to make it easier for new people to get around

Welcome Open Beta Players! Tongue

[Image: Yr9Et.png]
Hotel California!
18-04-2011, 04:59 PM | Post: #5
Offline .Fenderalac 
(18-04-2011 02:05 PM)EPIC-Landon144 Wrote:  Do you have a question about the game, the forum or anything else? Post it here Smile
My name is Landon and i'm quite active around here Big Grin you can always PM me (click on the PM button) for any question and I'll (try to) answer them.

land it seems like you wanna be a new greeny, right?

[Image: b2AU0.png]
18-04-2011, 05:07 PM | Post: #6
Offline Healin4ev3r 
(18-04-2011 04:59 PM).Fenderalac Wrote:  
(18-04-2011 02:05 PM)EPIC-Landon144 Wrote:  

Not all helpful guy want to be a greeny Big Grin . Like Jeraldal want to keep being a helpful guy instead Cool

[Image: xhUzq]

Honey Badger
PTFO
18-04-2011, 05:18 PM | Post: #7
Offline EPIC-Landon144
(18-04-2011 04:59 PM).Fenderalac Wrote:  
(18-04-2011 02:05 PM)EPIC-Landon144 Wrote:  Do you have a question about the game, the forum or anything else? Post it here Smile

umh no... i'm not 18+ Tongue
18-04-2011, 06:47 PM | Post: #8
Offline gatecrasher 
why are battlefunds allowed to happen in the first place for a supposedly beta testing game before the real battlefield 3 comes out all weapons should be free to test them for glitches and bugs not so eagames can pocket even more greedy money

[Image: HP6GE.jpg]
18-04-2011, 06:59 PM | Post: #9
Offline EPIC-Landon144
(18-04-2011 06:47 PM)gatecrasher Wrote:  why are battlefunds allowed to happen in the first place for a supposedly beta testing game before the real battlefield 3 comes out all weapons should be free to test them for glitches and bugs not so eagames can pocket even more greedy money

No worries, the weapons are 100% bug free right now Big Grin And you know this isn't the beta for Battlefield 3 but for Battlefield Play4free?
18-04-2011, 07:03 PM | Post: #10
Offline hazzza 
do i have to pay to get weapons? if so that's rubbish and i might go find another game to play. But i love battlefields games!
18-04-2011, 07:06 PM | Post: #11
Offline EPIC-Landon144
(18-04-2011 07:03 PM)hazzza Wrote:  do i have to pay to get weapons? if so that's rubbish and i might go find another game to play. But i love battlefields games!

No, all classes starts with a default weapon Wink Lots of experienced players never bought battlefunds, so they're still using their default weapon Big Grin
18-04-2011, 07:12 PM | Post: #12
Offline Luna 
(18-04-2011 07:06 PM)EPIC-Landon144 Wrote:  
(18-04-2011 07:03 PM)hazzza Wrote:  do i have to pay to get weapons? if so that's rubbish and i might go find another game to play. But i love battlefields games!

No, all classes starts with a default weapon Wink Lots of experienced players never bought battlefunds, so they're still using their default weapon Big Grin

I use the Veterans MP7 after the prices raised i still make more credits then i spent

[Image: Yr9Et.png]
Hotel California!
18-04-2011, 07:14 PM | Post: #13
Offline Microdude94 
Hi, I'm new, and I have a problem.
I have downloaded this game and already played, but when I want to play again, it doesn't work anymore, there comes a window with an error: 'There is already another updater instance running'
I don't understand this, because I closed everything the first time when I was done playing please can anyone help me?
Microdude
Ps. sorry for my bad englisch, that's because I'm dutch.
18-04-2011, 07:19 PM | Post: #14
Offline EPIC-Landon144
(18-04-2011 07:14 PM)Microdude94 Wrote:  Hi, I'm new, and I have a problem.
I have downloaded this game and already played, but when I want to play again, it doesn't work anymore, there comes a window with an error: 'There is already another updater instance running'
I don't understand this, because I closed everything the first time when I was done playing please can anyone help me?
Microdude
Ps. sorry for my bad englisch, that's because I'm dutch.

I got that too sometimes, I useally log off and log in and then everthing should be fine
18-04-2011, 08:57 PM | Post: #15
Offline TheRecon 
How to fix this:

1) Right click on Task Bar -> Start Task Manager

2) Processes tab -> Right click on BFP4f.exe -> End Process

3) Try to run the game again

Hope this helps.

19-04-2011, 01:15 AM | Post: #16
Offline [AUS]R(+)CKET 
@Recon,

i think the forum admin or someone who is capable of changing stuffs should, improve the alert on recieving private message because. Most of newcomers doesn't dig back what they wrote.
19-04-2011, 10:10 AM | Post: #17
Offline helioxC4 
Training question?

When applying a point to a training option, lets say helicopter, the box then says 1/1 and is highlighted orange.
Where should the training take place? in the multiplayer game online or should a complete lone helicopter training session start?

I can only fly helicopters in game, clicking the training option for helicopter doesn't seem to do anything?

What am I missing?
cheers
all
19-04-2011, 10:17 AM | Post: #18
Online HomeSen 
(19-04-2011 10:10 AM)helioxC4 Wrote:  Training question?

When applying a point to a training option, lets say helicopter, the box then says 1/1 and is highlighted orange.
Where should the training take place? in the multiplayer game online or should a complete lone helicopter training session start?

I can only fly helicopters in game, clicking the training option for helicopter doesn't seem to do anything?

What am I missing?
cheers
all

You aren't missing anything. By clicking the helicopter training, your soldier graduated in some kind of internal training, and thus becomes able to pilot a helicopter.
There is a suggestion running that they implement some kind of training map, like it is with BFH. In the meantime, you could (if you don't have the full version) download the BF2 demo and train piloting there (it was mentioned in one of the helicopter tutorials in this forum that it's same handling).

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

19-04-2011, 10:31 AM | Post: #19
Offline RuslaLT 
Hello, I installed the game pressed "PLAY NOW" and the game is installing again so i dont know how to play. Help me Undecided
19-04-2011, 10:54 AM | Post: #20
Offline EPIC-Landon144
(19-04-2011 10:31 AM)RuslaLT Wrote:  Hello, I installed the game pressed "PLAY NOW" and the game is installing again so i dont know how to play. Help me Undecided

Try to let install again and see what happens