Hello There, Guest!

09-04-2011, 07:55 PM | Post: #101
Offline Tercept 
This is pathetic.... Just update the damn config file already or take down that server....
09-04-2011, 08:05 PM | Post: #102
Offline Pyr0freak 
EA, I am very dissapoint.
09-04-2011, 08:05 PM | Post: #103
Offline NoPRoDiGi 
I've got the same problem here. It'd be nice for a fix?
09-04-2011, 08:27 PM | Post: #104
Offline ThroatYogurt 
(09-04-2011 02:30 AM)ThroatYogurt Wrote:  I'm pretty sure he is right.

I kept joining (around 20-30 times) and eventually got into Sharqi. Just keep pressing Play Now! and eventually your client will hook another server that is in proper rotation with the updated server configuration.

The only way around it (if you really want to play) is to do this. Uninstalling, deleting processes, etc. doesn't solve anything. This is the only way it will work.

But EA just needs to take 10 mins to update the server or 10 seconds to SHUT IT OFF. That's why this is pissing me off, because if I had any kind of access it'd be updated already. EA is just lazy.
09-04-2011, 08:49 PM | Post: #105
Offline htl2142 
**** i guess ea just dont give a d@mn
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2011 08:50 PM by htl2142.)
09-04-2011, 09:11 PM | Post: #106
Offline poplopez4148 
I reinstalled and that did not work but when I went into the browser properties (right click icon and then go to properties) and then clicked the compatibility mode tab and set the browser as "run this program as administrator" then when I started the game a file was able to update because the browser was able to run as admin and the game ran fine. I did the same thing with the executable of the game which is in the C:\Program Files\EA Games.
09-04-2011, 09:33 PM | Post: #107
Offline TouchingYourPVTs 
Ugh Cant believe I am going to say and do this but maybe something will get put along the wire .... I think I might put up a few trouble tickets to see if I get a response witch as always will be blamed me for example, My video card, ram, cpu, MoBo, and monitors and be told things that make my eye twitch like I should remove my video card and try playing the video game like that. and put on time waiting wild goose chases that are meant to make me give up like trying different ram in my computer and video cards ... witch lets face it how meany people have these things laying around... well I got a trump card in this indever 3 low to mid-high range PCs all with different range of parts from different company's and even 1 laptop at that all witch experience this problem! Sad thing is nothing will likely be done for some time and my request will likely be blamed on my computers but I want to freaking play this with some friends...

Sorry about wall of text end rage for now ... likely be full of it again by the time I am done with this.
09-04-2011, 11:39 PM | Post: #108
Offline TouchingYourPVTs 
Back after surprisingly painless tech support chat dispite the first person I talked to didnt know a thing about this and asked me to do a bunch of useless things that I already did and asked me what video game system I play this game on and if I installed it from a CD or Downloaded it from somewhere.

Anyway I got put on with the high level tech support witch wrote up a Email aimed for the group of people that it needs to go through to finely get to the developers.

If anyone wants to help and has time I recommend you go to http://support.ea.com/chat To save yourself hours of being jerked around and waiting Tell them that you have gone to the forms and nothing there helped and that you have cleared your background posses and reinstalled the game all of witch temporarily fix the problem but it comes back no matter what you do once you try and connect to that server. and you want to be transferred to the higher level tech support.

Tell the higher end tech support that you have done everything recommended that the problem seem to be server side and a large percentage of players are experiencing this and it appears to be a sever with a old or corrupt game files that are not compatible with the client data and the players get stuck and can not join any other server making the game literally unplayable.
10-04-2011, 01:11 AM | Post: #109
Offline Dragospiro 
I have the same problem
10-04-2011, 03:19 AM | Post: #110
Offline iTzJaydenH 
have the same problem, this is the kind of stuff i would expect from "call of duty", not battlefield, i though that battlefield actually cared about us, apparently not
10-04-2011, 03:20 AM | Post: #111
Offline iTzJaydenH 
i mean how hard is it?
10-04-2011, 03:21 AM | Post: #112
Offline jaguar88 
how do i reinstall on a vista......dam* microsoft piece of s*it.
10-04-2011, 03:26 AM | Post: #113
Offline dk500s1 
this only happens when battlefield play4free is hosting the server
10-04-2011, 03:33 AM | Post: #114
Offline iTzJaydenH 
this is the kind of thing that will stop people from buying battlefield 3 when it comes out, fix your game
10-04-2011, 04:02 AM | Post: #115
Offline mattbball9 
when it happened to me, i just clicked mad when it started loading, then i kept clicking until it came to the game. hope it works for you
10-04-2011, 04:07 AM | Post: #116
Offline snake_eater94 
Follow the guide posted in my signature.

Just scroll till you see the correct section, and do EXACTLY as it says.

It does work, you guys just never do it right -_-

Most of you just half uninstall the game...

[Image: eAd35T]

Need Personal Assistance? Contact me HERE.
10-04-2011, 04:39 AM | Post: #117
Offline TouchingYourPVTs 
Did all that and it came back a day later.
10-04-2011, 06:06 AM | Post: #118
Offline ThroatYogurt 
Does no one read the other replies? This isn't something that WE can fix. This is EA's problem so doing basically anything is a waste of time. EA needs to fix this, end of story.
10-04-2011, 07:03 AM | Post: #119
Offline ShadowBrooks 
(10-04-2011 04:07 AM)snake_eater94 Wrote:  Follow the guide posted in my signature.

Just scroll till you see the correct section, and do EXACTLY as it says.

It does work, you guys just never do it right -_-

Most of you just half uninstall the game...

Ty for your help I assume you didn't read my replies stating that it doesn't work. I also assume you live in a different geographical area then us, and have yet to experience this problem. This is only effecting a certain number of people, you may just be lucky not to get sucked into this server.

Yes, I can play the game when a server playing a map other then OMAN loads.
10-04-2011, 07:46 AM | Post: #120
Offline ThroatYogurt 
I'll say this once more.

I kept joining (around 20-30 times) and eventually got into Sharqi. Just keep pressing Play Now! and eventually your client will hook another server that is in proper rotation with the updated server configuration.