Hello There, Guest!

26-03-2011, 07:31 PM | Post: #21
Offline HomeSen 
@Ragdollmaster:
Your HiJackThis.log indicates that there is some kind of malware on your PC:
HiJackThis.log Wrote:O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Testing] C:\Users\Armin\AppData\Local\Svg64.exe
Searching for that executable only found Threat-/Malware-Websites, like this: http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?...67703dd86d
I've only found out, so far, that it belongs to the group of "Dropper" malware. This means that it is used to remotely download additional software to infected PCs.

To get rid of, start your PC in "Safe Mode", open the Windows Explorer and navigate to that path. The AppData folder is hidden, so you need to adjust the folder settings to show hidden files. Delete that file and then remove the autostart entry:
1. Press WINKEY+R, type regedit and press RETURN
2. Inside the registry editor, navigate to the following path:
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
3. In the right window, delete the entry name "Testing" which has the above mentioned value.
4. Close the registry editor and restart your PC.

@Tixed:
Actually I don't even have this registry key on my Win7 x64 and I can play. So it's strange if that were the cause. You can grant access to that key by opening regedit, right-clicking on the key and then adjusting the "Security..." option.

@all:
One thing to check would be that IE isn't running in offline mode, since this could cause a lot connectivity related issues, yet still allowing other browsers to access the interwebs. To check that, open Internet Explorer, go to the "File" menu and make sure the "Offline mode" (the before-last entry; right above "Quit" ) isn't activated.

Also make sure you have the latest updates for Windows. Another player with the same issue was able to play again after he installed SP3 for Windows XP ^^

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

(This post was last modified: 26-03-2011 07:37 PM by HomeSen.)
26-03-2011, 10:01 PM | Post: #22
Offline Tixed 
(26-03-2011 07:31 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  @Tixed:
Actually I don't even have this registry key on my Win7 x64 and I can play. So it's strange if that were the cause. You can grant access to that key by opening regedit, right-clicking on the key and then adjusting the "Security..." option.

Well, now it tries to go DEEPER - and I don't have that folder in there. Anyway, that doesn't seem relevant - it was suspicious just because every time I change focus to game window it tries to access that key with no success. Can't say it's connection problem - both updater and game exchange pretty much with some servers when it starts (and then goes to loading cycle). Oh, and I have latest updates for my system. IE isn't running offline either.

I doubt I can do better without debug. I don't have the sources (obvoiusly), and I'm not a fan of disassembly-style debug, that's for sure. Hope devs will find out where the problem is soon enough.
26-03-2011, 10:38 PM | Post: #23
Offline HomeSen 
(26-03-2011 10:01 PM)Tixed Wrote:  I doubt I can do better without debug. I don't have the sources (obvoiusly), and I'm not a fan of disassembly-style debug, that's for sure. Hope devs will find out where the problem is soon enough.

Me neither, I also prefer higher level programming languages Wink Or at least some kind of debug output.
When there was a developer Q&A at BFH, I asked if it was possible to integrate some kind of debug logs, since that would make troubleshooting a lot easier, but I didn't get an answer from them Sad

EDIT:
It seems like there is a debug.log inside the game folder. But mine only had one 1 month old entry that looked pretty irrelevant:
Code:
[0219/222410:WARNING:http_cache_transaction.cc(1622)] Failed to revalidate partial entry

Maybe check if it has some more content on your PC Wink

EDIT2:
There are a few more logs, located at <game folder>\mods\main\Logs
Unfortunately they are all empty in my case. Could you check if one of them has some helpful information/content?

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

(This post was last modified: 26-03-2011 10:44 PM by HomeSen.)
26-03-2011, 10:45 PM | Post: #24
Offline Tixed 
(26-03-2011 10:38 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  Me neither, I also prefer higher level programming languages Wink Or at least some kind of debug output.
When there was a developer Q&A at BFH, I asked if it was possible to integrate some kind of debug logs, since that would make troubleshooting a lot easier, but I didn't get an answer from them Sad

Yup, logs would be simple and useful. At least log known failures in varoius subsystems, like "can't connect here, don't have file there", etc. Updater has these logs, main exe - didn't. Most probably, because updater is so much simplier than the actual game.

EDIT: Only have a bunch of empty logs and ones with

Code:
00:41:05       Blaze environment set to PROD
00:41:05       Magma: https://battlefield.play4free.com/

And I don't have debug.log anywhere within the game folder.
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2011 10:50 PM by Tixed.)
26-03-2011, 10:47 PM | Post: #25
Offline HomeSen 
(26-03-2011 10:45 PM)Tixed Wrote:  Yup, logs would be simple and useful. At least log known failures in varoius subsystems, like "can't connect here, don't have file there", etc. Updater has these logs, main exe - didn't. Most probably, because updater is so much simplier than the actual game.

Have you read my additions? Seems like they just hid the logs from "normal users". There are logfiles for the WebFrontend.

26-03-2011, 11:01 PM | Post: #26
Offline Tixed 
(26-03-2011 10:47 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  Have you read my additions? Seems like they just hid the logs from "normal users". There are logfiles for the WebFrontend.

Yup, and then I've edited my post abotu what logs I found. And what do you mean by "WebFrontend"? In-game web-like interface like in BF Heroes?
26-03-2011, 11:05 PM | Post: #27
Offline HomeSen 
(26-03-2011 11:01 PM)Tixed Wrote:  
(26-03-2011 10:47 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  Have you read my additions? Seems like they just hid the logs from "normal users". There are logfiles for the WebFrontend.

Yup, and then I've edited my post abotu what logs I found. And what do you mean by "WebFrontend"? In-game web-like interface like in BF Heroes?

Sometimes editing of topics causes confusion Big Grin Anyways, I assumed the WebFrontend to be the actual game client. But since your files are empty, too, I guess we don't get any logs Confused

27-03-2011, 10:19 PM | Post: #28
Offline Tixed 
(26-03-2011 11:05 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  Sometimes editing of topics causes confusion Big Grin Anyways, I assumed the WebFrontend to be the actual game client. But since your files are empty, too, I guess we don't get any logs Confused

Yes it does Big Grin Also, bump again for this thread. New ones with similar problem description keep on appearing, and more players who have perfectly played before encounter this bug also. I hope devs digg this issue right now.
28-03-2011, 12:38 PM | Post: #29
Offline HomeSen 
@all:
Please try the following. Maybe this fixes your issue, though the post is a bit old Wink
(08-02-2011 02:41 AM)Jihad Wrote:  After nearly two weeks of not being able to connect I dug though various game files and made a custom rule for my router. Afterward I was able to quickly connect, played in a Swedish server and had ZERO lag issues. For those who don't know how to make a custom rule I suggest checking out this Port Forwarding Guide. The ports I opened were as follows:
TCP and UDP 1234, 14567, 16567 and 18567 and UDP 44301 (PnkBstrA.exe port) as well as UDP 45301 (PnkBstrB.exe port).

This may work for you and it may not, I don't know. I just know it worked for me after not being able to play for weeks.

28-03-2011, 07:25 PM | Post: #30
Offline Tixed 
(28-03-2011 12:38 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  @all:
Please try the following. Maybe this fixes your issue, though the post is a bit old Wink

Nope, doesn't work for me. Added these ports to both router and firewall, then tried to switch firewall off - no effect. Anyway, ProcessMonitor hasn't shown any blocked attempts to reach somewhere, so I doubt that in my particular case it's connection problem. Or it may be very subtle, that's possible.
29-03-2011, 12:22 AM | Post: #31
Offline Renesis16x 
It seems that I also have this problem, I just downloaded the game for the first time and tried to start it but I get stuck on this screen:

[Image: stuckh.th.jpg]

And it seems that the screen is cut from the right side and the bottom because I cant see the loading circle and the tank I tried all kinds of stuff, disabling firewall, other browsers etc. but nothing helped.
29-03-2011, 03:14 AM | Post: #32
Offline Keijil 
Noone seems to be not workng about it...
29-03-2011, 05:12 AM | Post: #33
Offline Siduas 
well i gave up on help and answers, i mean if EA dosent seem to care why should i i know its beta in all but jee this is why games arent suppose to be web based anyways and what i mean is whi have the play now in the browswer why not just make the game like its prginal brothers it once was...

i dunno about hack this ive posted mine before and still ahvent gotten any answers that were helpful although i do thank the ones that tried it just seems well this and this, and i have Battifeild games on this pc and never had to diasbale this and that, if its like that then its needs to be fixed
29-03-2011, 05:12 AM | Post: #34
Offline Siduas 
well i gave up on help and answers, i mean if EA dosent seem to care why should i i know its beta in all but jee this is why games arent suppose to be web based anyways and what i mean is whi have the play now in the browswer why not just make the game like its prginal brothers it once was...

i dunno about hack this ive posted mine before and still ahvent gotten any answers that were helpful although i do thank the ones that tried it just seems well this and this, and i have Battifeild games on this pc and never had to diasbale this and that, if its like that then its needs to be fixed
29-03-2011, 05:32 AM | Post: #35
Offline Phragg 
I have found that going in to your documents folder and deleteing shaders has helped this problem, if not eliminating it.
I'm far too drunk to post the exact path on W7 but i'm sure with a little research it can be done on any win install. Best of luck, delete those shaders!

[update] On win 7 I found several, labeled as a series of numbers and letters in a folder called (OMG I found it) Documents/BattlefieldPlay4Free/Mods/Main/cache. Delete all folders (empty your recycle bin!) and launch the game again, and you should be able to play. Best of luck!

PS. I delete shaders regularly, do not fret. When you launch the game and play, they will be rebuildededed. Yes, that was on purpose.

[Image: Phragg_sig.png]
29-03-2011, 05:51 AM | Post: #36
Offline Siduas 
THANKS FOR THE TIP BUT IT ALSO DID NOT WORK I GET THE BP4f.exe not swure what the issue is with it, ive seen some say this like go into otpions for internet options and click lan which i really dont see how that is going to help, like i said i disable the real tek audio in my system and it still does not work i have missing files which ive took this game off and re downloaded it and still missing but had a buddy give me the fuiles the game does not work, its ea side they have to fix what ever issue it is some people have issues and some dont im cureently the one that does like serval other people, then i hear EA dosent even screen the forums typical really it is... i dont really feel like jumpin on EA atm i would just like to play the game as is stands for Battlefeild 4 Free but it does not seem that will be in effect anytime soon
29-03-2011, 05:51 AM | Post: #37
Offline Siduas 
THANKS FOR THE TIP BUT IT ALSO DID NOT WORK I GET THE BP4f.exe not swure what the issue is with it, ive seen some say this like go into otpions for internet options and click lan which i really dont see how that is going to help, like i said i disable the real tek audio in my system and it still does not work i have missing files which ive took this game off and re downloaded it and still missing but had a buddy give me the fuiles the game does not work, its ea side they have to fix what ever issue it is some people have issues and some dont im cureently the one that does like serval other people, then i hear EA dosent even screen the forums typical really it is... i dont really feel like jumpin on EA atm i would just like to play the game as is stands for Battlefeild 4 Free but it does not seem that will be in effect anytime soon
29-03-2011, 08:52 AM | Post: #38
Offline Phil.Mcracken 
My problem was peerblock.. game works fine now Big Grin
29-03-2011, 03:45 PM | Post: #39
Offline Stormtrooper_by 
Phragg, thanks man.I deleted this files from Documents/BattlefieldPlay4Free/Mods/Main/cache and now game is working...
29-03-2011, 04:03 PM | Post: #40
Offline Alexxs123 
That makes you for the rest of the community which has grandma problem, I go round in circles since 2weeks without being able to play and finding one solutions of the problem " that of the unlimited load of the 1st window "

Then to have a help, to sadden for my English I am French Player.

I have to delete the file which you have indicate and it affects has nothing my problem "RRrr Sad"
(This post was last modified: 29-03-2011 08:43 PM by Alexxs123.)