Hello There, Guest!

09-03-2011, 09:48 AM | Post: #1
Online Solid 

An Assault Guide

The Assault assaults, everyone know that but I will tell you some things which you didn´t know but which you need to!

How to use the Abilities:

"I need Ammo"
  • Everyone needs Ammo, including you and your mates. Your mates can get a fresh Ammo Supply by dying, you just need to drop a Ammo Box, which will re-supply you in a few seconds without dying!
  • You know, that your mates can re-supply themselves with a Ammo Box but do you know, that your Enemies can re-supply them, too? You can prevent this by having a Ammo Box near you everytime!

Grenades
  • Just BOOM! Use them to kill enemies Dodgy.....
  • Which you use when your enemy hides behind Cover! Learn to throw them and you´ll be vicious victorious, get a feelng for Grenades by learning by doing.

Dead Man, Bad Man
  • The DMT is a ability whch isn´t liked that much, ppl just want to Tea-Bag you and others and the DMT prevents this by droping a Nade after 5 secs. Other ppl just rush after they killed an enemy and well, they get killed, too!

Do you smoke?
  • I don´t and you shouldn´t! A wise Assault throws the special Grenade at the enemy or between him and his opponent.
  • The Smoke is a visual Cover for you and you mates but still, you can see the Names of your enemy without beeing seen. Some or even most have lags by going into the Smoke, e.g. I play on high but to be lagfree in the center of the Smoke, i need to switch to the crappy low setting. Bug or Intention? Tongue

Reinforcements?
  • You can get Reinforcements for a short time! You get a Flare gun which has no animation yet but an effect. For a short period of time dead allies which dies near you will spawn on you, after this time you got a cooldown.
  • Effect gets canceled if you get hit
  • Tip: Use it wisly! Use every abiliy wisly!

Need a Tank/APC or Jet/Heli?
  • Well, yes and no. You should get and capture flags but you can
  • The TOW on the APC is made for killing another vehicle, you can guide that missle by moving the crosshair.
  • The Coxial Gun of the Tank kills infantry, after the nerf of the Tanks and APCs you will need it!
  • If you like to fly, then fly but i suggest you not to crash like a newbie.
    Don´t try to fly a Heli like a Jet, they work and kill diffrent.
  • Stay on the Ground with your feet and everything is alright. Let the other classes fly or drive with vehicles, they got a few abilities which may help.

Be Aware!
  • Much abilties but nothing to say about them. Sadly the explainations of them are enough.

Reflexes and Resilience
  • Explain themselves, you can see where the guy is who shots you and you recover faster from Wounds if you stand near a Medicboxes

Avoid Claymores

or at least try it. There is a Guide about it, about clays and how they work, Summary:
  • "Across the Road, not down the street".

Safer, Faster, Wider.
  • Run faster, Walk faster, Climb up ladders faster and get less penalty by jumping of the edge without a parachute

Weapons:

Use a Assaultrifle and not a Shotgun! You may kill faster in CQC but a Shotgun at Longrange is just stupid.

Assaultrifles are the strongest weapons: Fast and Accurate, you can snipe a sniper or make Medicheese!

Your superior at every range but be wise! A mag of 30 is small and you got only 3+1 mag! Refill and reload while you have a silent minute.

Each Weapon...

Assault Rifles, your Rifles!

G3A4
  • Pro: Sadly the G3A4 is the worst Assault Rifle but well, it is free Rolleyes
  • Con: Inferior to every other AR it has less rounds per mag, less damage, less range, less accuracy
  • Note: It is free

M16A2
  • Pro: Superior to the AEK-971 at Accuracy, also saves some Ammo because of the...
  • Con: Three Round Burst! Con? Well, you got a higher Accuracy but the AEK and the G3A4 have got Full Auto which has it´s advantages
  • Note: The Grenade Launcher does not work!

AEK-971
  • Pro: Full Auto! Burst 1, 2, 3 or 30 bullets!
  • Con: More Recoil than the M16
  • Note: Get used to the iron sight!

Shotguns, who can´t keep his hands of them:

USAS 12
  • Pro: High Accuracy and no pump action system which means a high RoF
  • Con: Less damage because of less pellets (6) per shot and you may run out of ammo quick
  • Note: Sadly by far the best shotgun

870 Combat
  • Pro: Aim, Shoot and Kill with one Shot, it has got a higher batch size (8)
  • Con: Pump Action System which means a low RoF so you are screwed if you miss or don´t kill with one shot
  • Note: I like it´s design Smile

SPAS-12
  • Pro: Like the 870 Combat but better
  • Con: Like 870 Combat but not as bad
  • Note: What the heck do my soldier when he pull it out?

Pistols, your Secondary

M9
  • Pro: 15 Round Mag
  • Con: Inferior in any imaginable way
  • Note: I got an exclusive Only the Few^^

M1911
  • Pro: Very High Damage output
  • Con: Small Mag and a slightly bigger Recoil
  • Note: My Fav Pistol, beautiful and deadly como el mar..

MP443
  • Pro: Best filled Mag, nice Accuracy
  • Con: Less Damage than the M1911
  • Note: You can kill with it

Tactic:

Cap and Kill without beeing killed or even better: Don´t get hurt, you have no Med Box! The Adventage of yours is your strenght and your unlimited Ammo.

First comes, first serves
or
First shots, first kills

Be the first one or be the dead one! Be Aware, train your reflexes and use your brain.
Resupply your mates and lead them to the flag and to the victory. Don´t be a hero, be a teamplayer and never try to walk alone because then you´ll walk into dead.

Aim of the game is to win and to win you need flags, while you assault a flag at the front a Recon may sneak threw and cap the flag far far away. You can cao this flag, too! Lead a squad and cap or do what the Recon can´t do that good: Flank them and kill them! Put pressure on your enemies to win but beware, you should have the "Winning" next to your faction, if not: CAP!

Know when to aim down the sight and when not! Judge by experience.

Flank when you can Flank, you do not have to face your enemy, you have to kill him while you do not get killed.

Last Sentence: Cap! It´s your objective, your aim, your destination, your doom!

List of my Guides:
-My Guide about Tanks and Tanking
-My Stat Charts for all your needs
-My Shotcon Manual
-My All you need to know about Defibs
-My Assault Guide
-My Karkand Maps
-My How to Spot and Report a possible Cheater
-My How to Search

[Image: b6975638bd.png]
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2011 02:16 PM by Solid.)
09-03-2011, 09:52 AM | Post: #2
Offline Mitchell 
A good little guide for the up incoming player.

Keep adding new content as you get more experience, this guide has protential.

[Image: 30w0511.jpg]
09-03-2011, 10:54 AM | Post: #3
Offline exair 
the ammo and medic box stays after death, the previously dropped won't disappear if you drop one after you respawned

/e: and if you use the request reinforcements stay in cover cause if you get shot it gets cancelled

[Image: kDGVL]
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2011 10:57 AM by exair.)
09-03-2011, 03:28 PM | Post: #4
Offline DefaultWarrior 
Good. I desperately need to update my assault guide.

[Image: unleddefaultwarrior.png]

Click here for attack heli guide! (This post was last modified: 09-03-2011 11:21 PM by DefaultWarrior.)
09-03-2011, 03:41 PM | Post: #5
Offline Sgt.TmH 
Thx!

The Request Reinforcement skill is one of the first ones I activated. A MUST HAVE! Snuck behind lines to back flag, hit the Flare Gun, boom, 4 teammates spawned on me! Flag capped in 1 second and enough of us there to hold it.

Jog Faster is worthless, save this point for elsewhere. Who Jogs when you can Sprint?! Especially Sprint Faster! Guaranteed everyone hits 'Shift' if they're moving more than 10m!

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2011 03:42 PM by Sgt.TmH.)
09-03-2011, 07:23 PM | Post: #6
Offline SnAjP 
dont waste more than 2 skillpoints into smoke grenades, its cooldown is a joke, compared to pre BattleFunds update

when u have your Request Reinforcement activated let others rush forward first, they stay "reged" even while u are across the whole map away and will spawn at u, while skill is still on ofc
09-03-2011, 07:39 PM | Post: #7
Offline exair 
(09-03-2011 07:23 PM)SnAjP Wrote:  dont waste more than 1 skillpoint into smoke grenades

fixed

09-03-2011, 08:04 PM | Post: #8
Offline SnAjP 
well sometimes u live long enough, read ages, to b able to use the 2nd Tongue
09-03-2011, 09:43 PM | Post: #9
Offline exair 
(09-03-2011 08:04 PM)SnAjP Wrote:  well sometimes u live long enough, read ages, to b able to use the 2nd Tongue

smoke nades are refilled from the ammo box (wish it would do it irl too, i'd buy an ammo box Big Grin)

09-03-2011, 09:46 PM | Post: #10
Offline [KZ-0]Archangel 
-Flails- Someone actually wrote an assault guide! you, sir, are going on the list... Keep workin on it. it has quite the potential.

And check out my guide For formatting guides:

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=14804

Smile People like pretty information more then they just information

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2011 09:49 PM by [KZ-0]Archangel.)
23-03-2011, 11:17 AM | Post: #11
Offline HaLlak65 
pretty useless class till some updates

"A sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!"

HaLlak65 - engineer
HaLlak65m - medic
KisCsako_H65 - assault
Csipa_H65 - recon

Sorry for the bad english, feel free to correct me...
23-03-2011, 04:24 PM | Post: #12
Offline RemarkaBil 
(23-03-2011 11:17 AM)HaLlak65 Wrote:  pretty useless class till some updates

You, sir, may want to reevaluate that statement. While it is entirely off-topic (this is a guide, after all) I find that the Assault class is exceptionally useful. Resupplying your team is crucial to their effectiveness. Without the tools to fight, they cannot hope to hold flags.

Also, I'm happy to bump this guide. Wink
23-03-2011, 05:51 PM | Post: #13
Online Solid 
I updated the Guide, guess what have changed.... Wink

24-03-2011, 12:24 AM | Post: #14
Offline Flyght 
Nice to see the updates, but I presume there needs to be some patching up still.

For instance,
(09-03-2011 09:48 AM)Solid Wrote:  
Avoid Claymores
    or at least try it. There is a Guide about it, about clays and how they work, Summary: [list]

I think you added an extra list and a forgotten bullet, when you should probably be this:
(09-03-2011 09:48 AM)Solid Wrote:  
Avoid Claymores
  • or at least try it. There is a Guide about it, about clays and how they work, Summary: [fill in extra info and edit I guess]

Also, I hope that I do not appear like a grammar nazi at all, but I just want to point out that the words "advenatge" and "thme" are misspelled (being spelled as advantage and time).

Besides that, I still see your guide as a very helpful one and I commend your efforts to help newcomers. It's simple and effective, good enough for people to pick up on. I am glad there are people like you who exist to help others get into stuff like this. Big Grin

Welcome To The Play4Free Beta
Need Help With The Assault Class, Click Right Here
24-03-2011, 01:47 AM | Post: #15
Offline [BFT]Porsche 
G3A4's iron sight is newbie-friendly? I found the bullet go to the space between the top of the stick and the top of the circle.Rolleyes
And um... can reinforcement be canceled by the healing needle or bondage? (seems so)Undecided
nice guide through.

This account now in control of a friend, moved to BF3 & MoH as BoscPear (This post was last modified: 24-03-2011 01:48 AM by [BFT]Porsche.)
24-03-2011, 02:44 AM | Post: #16
Offline HaLlak65 
(23-03-2011 04:24 PM)RemarkaBil Wrote:  
(23-03-2011 11:17 AM)HaLlak65 Wrote:  pretty useless class till some updates

You, sir, may want to reevaluate that statement. While it is entirely off-topic (this is a guide, after all) I find that the Assault class is exceptionally useful. Resupplying your team is crucial to their effectiveness. Without the tools to fight, they cannot hope to hold flags.

Also, I'm happy to bump this guide. Wink

why is that off topic? It's a guide to better understand the class. In this state of the game (close beta, 1 week to open) it's really not so good being assault, when the medic is OP, so it's better infantry. They have plenty of health and ammo, don't need to resupply them. (And the grenade is not resupply-able) They can easily attack and hold flag or camp like hell. The engi is probably die before need to resupply or sit in a vehicle. Recons are mostly far from the front line to resupply them.

So resupplying your team is not so crucial yet. Assault will be very important member of the team when teamplay will be supported, but it's not yet. Assault will be a great class, but is not yet. Shame but true.

HaLlak65 - engineer
HaLlak65m - medic
KisCsako_H65 - assault
Csipa_H65 - recon

24-03-2011, 10:03 AM | Post: #17
Offline SnAjP 
any1 tested supply box @ AA gun?
24-03-2011, 12:24 PM | Post: #18
Offline HaLlak65 
(24-03-2011 10:03 AM)SnAjP Wrote:  any1 tested supply box @ AA gun?

the AA gun and the other vehicles are resupply themself

HaLlak65 - engineer
HaLlak65m - medic
KisCsako_H65 - assault
Csipa_H65 - recon

24-03-2011, 02:27 PM | Post: #19
Online Solid 
(24-03-2011 12:24 AM)Flyght Wrote:  [...]
(09-03-2011 09:48 AM)Solid Wrote:  [...]
[...]
(09-03-2011 09:48 AM)Solid Wrote:  [...]
[...]

As i wrote adventage and them, i where a lil bit exhausted and my english is not the yellow of the egg, it´s not my mother tongue but the list was intended, only the "[list]" was just too much...

so where the hell are the wrong spelled words again...? Aww, if i just wrote less Sad

(This post was last modified: 24-03-2011 02:29 PM by Solid.)
24-03-2011, 11:43 PM | Post: #20
Offline Flyght 
(24-03-2011 02:27 PM)Solid Wrote:  As i wrote adventage and them, i where a lil bit exhausted and my english is not the yellow of the egg, it´s not my mother tongue but the list was intended, only the "[list]" was just too much...

so where the hell are the wrong spelled words again...? Aww, if i just wrote less Sad

Oh sorry for not specifying the location of those words, but they are at your conclusion entitled "Tactic":
(24-03-2011 02:27 PM)Solid Wrote:  Cap and Kill without beeing [being] killed or even better: Don´t get hurt, you have no[fix: do not have a] Med Box! The Adventage [advantage] of yours is your strenght [strength] and your unlimited Ammo.

Anyway, I think you fixed the "thme" issue but there are a few more I want to point out to save you the trouble :

(24-03-2011 02:27 PM)Solid Wrote:  (in the Tactic section)
You can cao [cap] this flag, too! Lead a squad and cap or do what the Recon can´t do that good

(in the How To Use The Abilities section)
Be Aware!
Much abilties [abilities] but nothing to say about them. Sadly the explainations (explanations) of them are enough.

(in the Each Weapon... section)
M16A2

Pro: Superior to the AEK-971 at Accuracy and Damage, also saves some Ammo because of the...
Con: Three Round Burst! Con? Well, you got a higher Accuracy but the AEK and the G3A4 have got Full Auto which has it´s adventages
Note: The Grenade Launcher does not work!

Yeah, I got tired writing my own guide too, but you should understand that a really good guide must be accurate and well-written to show that you show that you know what you mean when writing this guide. But of course, since English is not your native language, these little mistakes should not bug you down. You should know that you are one of the few brave individuals to actually post a helpful guide for everyone to see, especially on an underestimated class. Just take these guides a little more carefully so that way you do not have to waste too much of your time just writing them. Angel

Welcome To The Play4Free Beta
Need Help With The Assault Class, Click Right Here