Battlefield Play4Free
an error ocured: no config found for host name - Printable Version

+- Battlefield Play4Free (/en/forum)
+-- Forum: Community Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Technical Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: an error ocured: no config found for host name (/showthread.php?tid=79494)

an error ocured: no config found for host name - dutch-arms - 23-05-2012 12:47 PM

after i press play now on the site it sais:
an error ocured: no config found for hostname: battlefieldplay4free.com
how can i get rid of this

RE: an error ocured: no config found for host name - buubarookyR - 08-06-2012 11:33 PM

Had the same problem. Heres what you do, uninstall the program downloaded from the website. After it is uninstalled then click "Play Now" on the website and it will re install. So basically, Uninstall-Re install.

RE: an error ocured: no config found for host name - roennel - 08-06-2012 11:34 PM

or just go to http://battlefield.play4free.com

RE: an error ocured: no config found for host name - Kamilless - 09-06-2012 12:02 PM

sorry what programme??
i didnt download nothing yet...
i played the game few months ago then got a new system
i cant install it now D:

RE: an error ocured: no config found for host name - NbT_ranjie - 09-06-2012 02:37 PM

(09-06-2012 12:02 PM)Kamilless Wrote:  sorry what programme??
i didnt download nothing yet...
i played the game few months ago then got a new system
i cant install it now D:
same i didnt download anything aswell and it says an error ocured: no config for host name: bfp4f.... man i didnt even downlload wtf i do Sad

RE: an error ocured: no config found for host name - Boncers - 09-06-2012 07:29 PM

i just had the same problem i already uninstalled the game than reinstall but after a day it doesnt work again and from internet explorer i got the message error with installation or so data value : Installation Dir
with chrome the same with no config for host name

RE: an error ocured: no config found for host name - Axe399 - 10-06-2012 03:07 AM

i dont get it, i cant reinstall if it it keeps saying that config host battlefieldplay4free.com PLEASE HELP

RE: an error ocured: no config found for host name - -=OG=-SkinnyG - 10-06-2012 10:05 AM

(23-05-2012 12:47 PM)dutch-arms Wrote:  after i press play now on the site it sais:

You can try the advise roennel already gave you.
There are 2 websites:
battlefieldplay4free.com and battlefield.play4free.com ( notice the . between the 2 words).

You should use battlefield.play4free.com

If that still gives you this problem, then try this:

(13-05-2011 01:03 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  .............SNIP...........
Next thing is, check your local hosts file located here:
Code:
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
Open it with notepad and remove any line that contains 127.0.0.1 AND ea.com, if you find any.

If you have a program like ProxyFirewall or PeerGuardian, close it, since they can cause connection problems (and thus the issue you explained).

RE: an error ocured: no config found for host name - Shane972811 - 10-06-2012 11:06 AM

(10-06-2012 10:05 AM)SkinnyG Wrote:  
(23-05-2012 12:47 PM)dutch-arms Wrote:  after i press play now on the site it sais:

You can try the advise roennel already gave you.
There are 2 websites:
battlefieldplay4free.com and battlefield.play4free.com ( notice the . between the 2 words).

You should use battlefield.play4free.com

If that still gives you this problem, then try this:

(13-05-2011 01:03 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  .............SNIP...........
Next thing is, check your local hosts file located here:
Code:
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
Open it with notepad and remove any line that contains 127.0.0.1 AND ea.com, if you find any.

If you have a program like ProxyFirewall or PeerGuardian, close it, since they can cause connection problems (and thus the issue you explained).

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!Big Grin

RE: an error ocured: no config found for host name - -=OG=-SkinnyG - 10-06-2012 03:30 PM

(10-06-2012 11:06 AM)Shane972811 Wrote:  Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!Big Grin

Glad you were helped by this.

Can you confirm which problem you had and which option did the trick?
(Might help narrowing down necessary options for help in the future)